Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

What's Good About Marriage???? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Good About Marriage???? (614 Views)

What Should We Call This?? See What Good Morning Has Caused On BBM (snapshot) / This Picture Will Inspire You Of What Good Relationship Is About / At What Age Should A Woman Start Getting Worried About Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Good About Marriage???? by twerkjack: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
Don't get me wrong but this questn was prompted by observation, research and experience (though am not married yet) ȋ̝̊̅̄
Went on a date last night with a guy ȋ̝̊̅̄
used to think was "the love of ma life" and for the first time in ma life ȋ̝̊̅̄
Discovered that marriage scares the hell outta me, this guy started asking weird Questions and before ȋ̝̊̅̄
Knew what was happening, he went on his knees and asked me to marry him. That was NT the first time ȋ̝̊̅̄
Received a marriage proposal, but ȋ̝̊̅̄
Usually dnt take em or Their (other guys) proposals seriously at all, but that was the first time it came from someone ȋ̝̊̅̄
Like, but yet ȋ̝̊̅̄
Literally left him holding his breath, excused ma self and walked as fast as ma legs could carry me away from him, And I've not picked his calls since, (ȋ̝̊̅̄
Might be possessed or abnormal as ma friends have been telling me all day, but I've got reasons) ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was initially angry at him for taking the relationship too seriously and surprising me like dat, buh then ȋ̝̊̅̄
realized that ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was plain scared. its true dat at a point in everybody's life they get matured for marriage, maybe ȋ̝̊̅̄
Thought ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was immune to marriage lolz. Now back to the topic, research shows that 4 outta 10 marriages end up in divorce and its (marriage) getting cheaper with the years, ȋ̝̊̅̄
See many ppl compare Their marriages to hell and I've seen many marriages break up (including my parents') leaving the emotional trauma on the children like in my case, so ȋ̝̊̅̄
Think ȋ̝̊̅̄
grew up detesting marriage and ȋ̝̊̅̄
Never knew ȋ̝̊̅̄
Was that scared of marriage up until yesterday. So pls ȋ̝̊̅̄
Need advice, is there anything good about marriage, cos ȋ̝̊̅̄
Still think ppl get married because that's what the society requires of us or outta pressure or need for legitimate children or need for protection (for ladies) which by the way is something that is no longer needed by some ladies. but asides these things, is there anything to gain from or good about marriage?

Re: What's Good About Marriage???? by SeverusSnape(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
My friend twerkjack...grin

To the topic: The same thought comes across my mind at times, especially now that divorce rate is high and infidelity is the order of the day. But then again, we can't say because of the aforementioned we won't tie the knot with our heart throb, Marriage to me is all about companionship, If one should stay single for life, He/she may die of lonesomeness. I believe when one finds the right one, He or she will settle down. Like you rightly said, People marry just cause the society requires of us to get married and for procreation; marriage transcends that, It's an institution.
Re: What's Good About Marriage???? by twerkjack: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
SeverusSnape:
My friend twerkjack...grin

To the topic: The same thought comes across my mind at times, especially now that divorce rate is high and infidelity is the order of the day. But then again, we can't say because of the aforementioned we won't tie the knot with our heart throb, Marriage to me is all about companionship, If one should stay single for life, He/she may die of lonesomeness. I believe when one finds the right one, He or she will settle down. Like you rightly said, People marry just cause the society requires of us to get married and for procreation; marriage transcends that, It's an institution.
infidelity is one strong point, it just takes the sacredness outta marriages thereby rendering the whole "tie knot thing" senseless
Re: What's Good About Marriage???? by SeverusSnape(m): 9:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
twerkjack:
infidelity is one strong point, it just takes the sacredness outta marriages thereby rendering the whole "tie knot thing" senseless
Yeah... Definitely!

(1) (Reply)

A True Love Story! The Banker Who Fell For His Customer - Grace And Henry / What Do You Ladies Really Want From Men / Cheating On Your Partner Is Educational....except

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.