Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,051 members, 7,845,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year (33147 Views)

U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot / Obasanjo Begs Boko Haram Leader's Family For Forgiveness / Hahaha, Roflamao! Obasanjo Begs Yoruba People For Forgiveness, Am Sorry! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by mrofficial(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
enkay11:
. keep dreaming and don't wake up.

You are the one who seems not be in touch with reality, so you are the one dreaming.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by augalex(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
as if he is sincere
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Smooyis(m): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
Gbawe:
Kai. OBJ more-or-less asking Nigerians to vote for GMB. What is left for GEJ? Mr.President now has only his army of paid sycophants behind him yet has lost all good and decent Nigerians.

Some people are just in the habit of misinterpreting others to suit what they have in mind. There is no where baba OBJ spoke about change of government. He prayed for God to do a new thing in his life, and the life of his country. What is wrong about that? This should be the prayer on each and everyone's lips as we enter the new year.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by DonaldGenes(m): 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
nerodenero:
Hate or like him,he won't stop saying his mind.He is simply too important to ignore.I know Uncle Jona knows better.

I think Baba Iyabo is just having fun,he has seen it all but he had that rare opportunity to fix this nation yet he didn't do much. Same goes to Jonathan.

$econded! 10/10% for your comment

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by yerimastyle(m): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
The change we need as started We need a new thing not buhari DAT has ruled b4, obj was currupt and God has remove all bad governor from PDP to APC this is the era of transformation old things have passed away all things are now New GEJ till BuHari change his name to paul
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Anglovel: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
Yes oooo Oga OBJ, Nigeria needs something new but definitely not a change of government. GEJ till 2019!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
....& FINALLY, change is on d way! Bye forever to cluelessness/corruption! Halleluyah somebody!
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by tushburg(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
GEJ till BH act merlin angry
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by emmasege: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2014
Now I'm pretty sure that APC has hired some cyber soldiers in nairaland. I wonder if it was the same carol that I watched live staying glued to d TV, that the OP has fabricated all these lies to suit his political interest. I'd like to bring out two of the obvious lies said by d OP.
1. OBJ never said he wasn't going to say anything after adeboye had spoken. This was what he said "I've already told d governor when we saw Pastor (not Baba) Adeboye off that I was not going to say anything after Baba (referring to shonekan who just left d podium b4 him) had spoken.
2. He NEVER (quote me) said God should do something new in Nigeria. He simply led a song "do something new in my life".
It's obvious that OBJs actions & inactions in the coming days would be misconstrued by weak & subjective minds like this OP.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2014
MudRaker:
He should die already.

Wow, I mean wow. As much as I'm not a fan of OBJ myself, however your statement is all kinds of wrong. You are not much different from your boko brothers.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by bank2k4real(m): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
Gods Grace Enterprise wishes you an ideal Christmas, and a prosperous 2015 that will be celebrated as a reflection of your values, desires, affections and traditions. Thanks for your patronage and hope to do more business with you come 2015. 08063203540, +233540975809

Check my signature below...for your gifts
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by holajeedayy: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
the truth is DAT how religious Leda are more involved in politics DAT preaching Gods world and correcting dem to reduce their level of corruption.....we Nigeria we are beginning Nt to trust no won again ooooooooo!!!! it jt lyk Benny hymn robing body with obama
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by ybalogs(m): 10:05pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cyber campaign in full gear.OBJ really showing clearly GEJ isn't his choice in the next election.I'd really like to know what transpired between these two(OBJ and GEJ).anyways I say a big AMEN to Baba's song.God bless Nigeria
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by zudozz: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello. THIS PEOPLE THEY STOLE MONEY BILLIONS OF TAX PAYERS MONEY AND THEY PRETEND THEY ARE SAINT, OBASANJO TINUBU AMAECHI ROCHAS. THEY ARE ALL SAINTS!!! BUT IN MY OWN OPINION. BY SO DOING THIS PEOPLE ARE CALLING U PEOPLE FOOOOOOOOOOOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ME....U ALL...BECOS ME I KNOW THEY ARE THIEVES WHETHER THEY ARE CAMPAIGNING IN CHURCH OR UNDER PASTOR ADEBOYE. THE WORSE IS THAT THEY STOLE MONEY N U ALL KNOW IT. WE ALL KNOW IT BUT THEY ARE MOCKING UR INTELLIGENCE! JONATHAN IS ALSO A BLOODY THIEF BUT HE IS BETTER THAN THIS PEOPLE. IF JONATHAN STILL ALLOWS OBJ 2 BE MANIPULATING HIM AND NIGERIA THEY WAY HE LIKES WILL OBASANJO BE PAINTING HIM RED AND BLACK CALLING HIM NAMES N ASKING PEOPLE 2 VOTE 4 BUHARI?

THEY ARE D STUPID ONES NOT ME. ALSO WHOEVER THAT PRETENDS NOT TO KNOW THIS IS STUUPID N FOOLISH N BASKARD!
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by oliy24(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
tempem:

This is called "comma". I'm tired of teaching you guys.

I swear u no serious, he no go better for basket mouth for where u dey. still laughing.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by tempem: 10:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
oliy24:

I swear u no serious, he no go better for basket mouth for where u dey. still laughing.
Lol.... Enjoy your night man.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by KLand(m): 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
OBJ, drawing attention wherever he goes!
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Billia(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Billia(m): 12:10am On Dec 24, 2014
Hehehe na only apc or pdp waka come streets? Listen. http://www.datafilehost.com/d/b50bb632
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by tomakint: 12:56am On Dec 24, 2014
Sealeddeal:
it doesnt matter what OBJ said,the fact is that his wishes will elude him next year.
GEJ till 2019.
Obj is playing god.....he seems to have forgotten that 'For our God is a consuming fire' here was a man who has done terrible things to individuals and the Country yet pointing accusing fingers at someone else and some Mumunis in the crowd shouting 'Sai Buhari' as if Buhari is the 'something new' undecided what a pity.
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by nakamora: 5:18am On Dec 24, 2014
Orikinla:

Your GEJ himself has chosen his fate. grin
GEJ till 2015.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue,
And those who love it will eat its fruit.
~ Proverbs 18:21, Holy Bible, New King James Version (NKJV).
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by molas02: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2014
now Obasonjo is a good and decent one abi? Wa gbon
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by Chigold101(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2014
PentiumPro:

telling evidence of the level of religion tolerance among our yoruba brothers. I wish Hausas and Igbos can learn a thing about tolerance for other's religion.
most u bring in sectoral sentiment into this issue? Have ever heard that igbos killed cos of religion? Go to the north and see how many igbos that live there...

U need deliverance ooo...
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by skukimania(f): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
Baba, Se ee fi ori gba? undecided
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by onyeokwu: 5:26pm On Dec 24, 2014
iluvnaija:
Obasanjo begs God to give Nigeria something new next year
Abiodun Onafuye/Abeokuta

Former leader of Nigeria,Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has prayed for divine intervention in the affairs of the country in 2015, asking that God should do something new in the country.

He said that the situation in the country requires urgent divine intervention,as he prayed through songs to the Most Being to come to the country’s intervention.

Obasanjo made the call Monday night during the 2014 Ogun State Christmas Carol and Service of Nine Lessons held at the June 12 Cultural Centre,Kuto,Abeokuta.

When he was invited to address the mammoth crowd at the programme venue, he disappointed them all as he turned into a praise worship singer.

“I and the governor have agreed that all what Baba Adeboye said here tonight is what all of have said.
There is no more word. But you will assist me to sing this song, Nigeria needs something new this time around.

“The song goes thus, ‘Do something new in my life and do something new in this country’,” Obasanjo declared.

The whole hall went into jubilation as shout of “Sai Buhari” rent the air as Baba continued in his song which changed the tune of the programme.

Delivering the Christmas Message, The General Overseer, Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye said only God can engineer a way out of the present predicament the country is facing now.

The Man of God, who took his sermon from the Book of John, Chapter 14 verses 6, advised Nigerians to seek for God’s way as that is the only solution to our problems,either personally or collectively.

“Jesus is the way, the life and the truth,no one gets to my father,except through me. But let me take one of the three names,Way,Life and Truth, the one I’m taking tonight is the way. As we are now, we all have to go back to the Lord in terms of needy or lacks and He will show us the way. He is the Prince of Peace, all things shall be done in the name of Jesus.

“Anyone going through any storm today, I decreed that it will be still. The present situation we found ourselves as individual and as a nation,only God is the solution. Jesus is the way out, He is the way in, way forward and the way upward, and not that alone,He is the way where there is no way, the way out of trouble and the way into the joy.

“I want to admonish us all to hold God firmly as He is the only way who can heal any ailments in us. Jesus is a great promoter, He is the only one that can promote you and stand by you, promotion from any human being cannot be seen as everlasting one,as the way to lift you,they will be looking for another way or a mistake from your end to run you down completely.

“Lift your eyes and hands onto God as He alone can lift and promote you without any hinderances, human promotion cannot go beyond the limit of the tallest of the person. As a nation, only God can promote us from sorrow to joy,from difficulty to happiness,from little to plenty and from fear to peace,” Adeboye said.

The event which lasted for over five hours has in attendance all the big spiritual leaders in the country who prayed for the State, the nation and especially,called on God to take control of next year’s general elections in the country for peace and tranquility to reign.

The prayer was led by Prophet Dr. S.K.Abiara, the General Evangelist, Christ Apostolic Church worldwide while the closing prayer and Benediction was done by the General Superintendent, Deeper Christian Life Ministry, Pastor W.F. Kumuyi.

The Service of Nine Lessons was read by nine selected personalities with the wife of the State governor,Mrs Olufunsho Amosun reading the first lesson which was taken from the book of Genesis 1:2 vrs 30-31.

The founder of the Latter Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare read the second lesson from Isaiah 11 verses 1-11 while the third lesson was taken by Prophet Dr. Solomon Adegboyega Alao, the Supreme Head,Cherubim and Seraphim Unification Church of Nigeria.

Ogun State Head of Service, Mrs Modupe Adekunle took the fourth lesson from the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 9 vrs 2-7 and Most Revd. Dr. E.A. Ademowo OON, Dean Emeritus, Church of Nigeria ( Anglican Communion) and Diocesan Bishop of Lagos read the fifth lesson.

The sixth lesson was taken by the Chief Judge of Ogun State, Justice Olatokunbo O.Olopade CON, who took it from Mathew 1 verses 18-25.

Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Suraj Ishola Adekunbi read the seventh lesson which was taken from Luke 2 verses 1-11 and the President of the Nigeria Baptist Convention, who is also the National Vice Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria,CAN, Revd. (Dr.) Supo Ayokunle,read lesson eight.
From the Book of John 1: verses 1-14.

The ninth and the last lesson was read by Governor Ibikunle Amosun.

Other clergy men at the event include Most Revd. Ositelu and Most Revd. Odetoyinbo of the Catholic church.

The event was attended by traditional rulers led by State Chairman, Akarigbo of Remoland, Oba Michael Adeniyi Sonariwo. Others were Alake and Paramount ruler of Egbaland,Oba (Dr.) Aremu Adedotun Gbadebo,the Olu and Paramount ruler of Yewaland, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle.

Also at the occasion were Kehinde Odeneye, the member representing Ijebu Central at the Federal House of Representatives, politicians,market men and women, various social,religious,cultural and political groups from across the State, students groups and artisans.

Source:
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/23/obasanjo-begs-god-to-give-nigeria-something-new-next-year/

military coup is imminent those who are spiritually inclined would understand the sign and hand written on the wall
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by tpia0001: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by tpia0001: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year by mindtricks: 10:21am On Dec 25, 2014
What Obj could not just do with 3 times opportunity as number one, I wonder?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

El-Rufai's Supporters Stage A Counter Protest In Kaduna (Photos) / Leaked Audio: My Name Was Wrongly Mentioned - Olofa Of Offa / Ten Photos Of President Mugabe's Private Mansion In Zimbabwe ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.