Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders (464 Views)

Kanuris, Fulanis, And Hausas Are Boko Haram—sheikh Ahmad Gumi / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims / Gumi's Response To Kukah's Speech At Yakowa's Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders by resty4(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
A Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmed Abubakar-Gumi, has asked those he described as “recycled leaders” to give way to young men to occupy leadership positions in the 2015 elections.
The cleric, who told the leadership of the Kaduna State Chapter of the Ohaneze Ndigbo during a consultative meeting with him over fear of violence during the 2015 polls, said “complete new leaders” were needed to emerge to lead the country.
He said, “I want to say that Nigeria should bring complete new leaders who have not served this country before because we keep on recycling old leaders who don’t have the interest of the country at heart, but their personal interest.
“I also want to tell Nigerians that they should not see the ruling Peoples Democratic Party and the All Progressives Congress as opposing religious party, but purely political parties which are doing things the way they like, either personal or political.
“The political awareness of 2011 is different from the awareness of 2015; and by the next 20 years, every Nigerian will be fully aware of his political rights to the extent that nobody can cheat another person on the issue of elections in the country.
“We should not allow politicians to use religion to divide us, we should be relating together because our security is that if our neighbour is safe, we are also safe.”
Gumi, a retired Major of the Nigerian Army, also said that retired military Generals that had over the years subverted civilian administrations had no moral justification to complain of rigging in the 2015 general elections.
He said the nation would have been far better off by now if the military had not interrupted civil rule in the past, stressing that those who brushed aside the nation’s constitution had turned around to use it.
Earlier, the President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Kaduna, Mr. Austin Amaechi, had commended the cleric for his efforts in ensuring that there would be peace during and after 2015 elections.http://www.punchng.com/news/gumi-says-nigeria-needs-new-leaders/
Re: Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders by dkronicle(m): 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2014
It would have been better if nigeria is a communist state.
Re: Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders by coolhamid(m): 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
No doubt Gumi has issues with GMB, I don't know why he is against GMB'S candidacy....He is neither supporting GMB nor GEJ..Sheik Gumi, kindly tell Nigerians where you belong ...

I want GEJ out of Aso rock not because GMB is better but because I want a change in Government...Lets see what GMB has to offer.
Re: Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders by hushmail: 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
thank you Gumi for ur candid opinion. Ex military leaders r d problem of 9ja.

What of d youths, are they nolonger the leaders of tmrw?

As for Ohaneze, keep fooling urself if u think u will be protected when the blood bath between the monkey and the baboon starts
Re: Gumi Says Nigeria Needs New Leaders by delishpot: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Just as I have been shouting since too.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari’s Popularity On Social Media Was Bought- Reno Omokri / Dickson, First Lady’s Feud Splits Bayelsa PDP / "Buhari Wont Arrest Past Leaders" - APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.