Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. (17921 Views)

Please What Are The Signs For Replacement Of Time Belt In Vehicle Generally / Air Condition Issues In Toyota Camry 2008 GLX / Urgent Information Needed Abt Gear Box Problem In Toyota Highlander 2005 Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Crixie(m): 4:10pm On Feb 05, 2015
OP pls don't compromise on quality cause of cost.The best thing to do is to Find a genuine dealer and buy the 13 pin gear...If u are in Jos,I can direct u to a dealer that is well known for selling genuine autoparts
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by ACOgp: 4:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Thanks to u all for the assistance so far. I have done the needful and my 09 SE camry is back on the track.
In summary, U250E transmission otherwise called 13-pin by most people is sold between N(150 -160)K for Agu-iyironsi int.market. This is the control factor for the solution to such car problem if one has it.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Koolwilly(m): 9:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Please how much does the gear for a Camry 2003(Big Daddy) Costs?
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by b2212(m): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Siena:
I've never seen such a high rate of automatic transmission failure, as seems to be prevalent in Nigeria. These cars are used for many years in their respective countries of origin, without any major issues. Then they are shipped to Nigeria, where the transmissions are dead in a very short space of time.

Doesn't this tell an obvious story? Bad mechanics, incorrect fluids, poor maintenance, like flushing the ATF with the "one fluid fits all" (ABRO and the rest) and rather than replacing the filter, washing the old one, and refitting it. The same goes for the oil pan and other related seals & gaskets, replaced with that "black gum" Nigerian mechanics seem to love.

Between the owners of these cars, and their local mechanics, these cars are doomed from the moment they roll off their shipping vessels, and onto Nigerian soil.

Let's not even start on the left-foot braking brigade.

Sienna,
if you have to drive the long hours we drive here because of traffic you will join the left foot brigade o. i 've already done 2hrs this morning and i have another 2+ hours to do in the evening.
I do it but only in stop and go traffic where i dnt need to accelerate so my right leg is actually off the gas pedal.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by bayulala(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
sonnie10:
If you want it pre order from the US, I can get you one for a fair price. Tested. $200 shipping and you get it in 3 weeks
Can you be of help. I need same 13pin GB for my Camry 2007 LE 2.4ltr
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by sonnie10: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
bayulala:

Can you be of help. I need same 13pin GB for my Camry 2007 LE 2.4ltr

Send me a PM

1 Like

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by jayuuk: 8:16pm On Jun 11, 2016
@ op this guy is in Aba, he is advanced in this type of auto trans issue,he can fix it, if it is fixable 0803 708 1777,if the gear is not fixable he will tell you..He has worked for me once the fix hasnt failed.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Kashif(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2016
jayuuk:
@ op this guy is in Aba, he is advanced in this type of auto trans issue,he can fix it, if it is fixable 0803 708 1777,if the gear is not fixable he will tell you..He has worked for me once the fix hasnt failed.

Which transmission did he fix for you?
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by GBase1: 4:32am On Oct 30, 2016
sonnie10:
If you want it pre order from the US, I can get you one for a fair price. Tested. $200 shipping and you get it in 3 weeks

Hi Sonnie,

i am interested in this, please send me your contact details.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by emmsbaby(f): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2018
I have the same problem but my car is 4 plugs 2007 camry need a 13 pin gear box o. Someone help i need it urgently am told mine is 180k
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by emmsbaby(f): 12:11am On Sep 19, 2018
GBase1:

Hi Sonnie,

i am interested in this, please send me your contact details.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by ola2914: 12:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Good if u can . However I've searched online for any camry with all wheel drive and there is non. So for toyota camry I think its all front wheel drive and their transmission unit only varies based on the cylinders. It should be same gear unit as fas as its for 2AZ engine.

38 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lillyontop(m): 8:25am On Sep 19, 2018
Kashif:
*Modified*

Your transmission should be the U250E. (I dont why learned people should be identifying transmissons with pins - 13 pins, 28 pins etc) Go online and research its common problems, and make informed decision. Anybody who says you must replace a transmission when it malfunctions is ignorant. I have a very recent experience, and it confirms what what I have always felt.

What did the computer say?
Please can you send me your no cos I have been trying to contact you but to no avail
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by TRYGO(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2018
To the OP!
Here are my submissions:

1. How did your guys confirmed that the transmission system already has headed South! (bad)?

2. That transmission system, is same on RX330s.

3. About their reliability as states by your mechanics, I don't think they are correct.
Such transmission systems, are delicate, just like the 22pins, on some vehicles (eg, Camry SE 2007 V6).
Well, according to my experiences, the ones I have replaced, failed, because the previous owner, did used the wring transmission fluid, and in some cases, we had to replaced solenoids in the transmission(that's rare though).

3. Modifying the transmission system, using a 10pinout transmission system, which is cheap, blabla as postulated by your electricians, would only cause you lots of problems at the end, and double expenditures.

Here's an experience I recently had on a RX 330.

* customer brought in vehicle, and complains regularly about jerky engagements, from 2-4.

*scanned transmission system, got a code related to the pressure solenoid not working (open circuit problems).

Discoveries
* transmission system in the car was a 10pinout one,

*wiring harnesses has being tempered with,

*unknown history of fluid change, since they bought the car, Nigerian used.

The fix?

*I went the Ladipo way (I meant, parts supplied from that axis).

*¶¶¶¶¶¶}{
{for 13/22pinout transmission systems, the guys in the market, would never sell the transmission system to you, without their mechanics coming to fix em.¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶
bought 2Nos four liters of transmission fluids (this, you must buy, in their presence). That costs, ~15k/4L......~#30k for 8L.

*after they replaced the transmission system, it didn't work.

At the end, we discovered, that the ECU installed, was also faulty (that replaced, everything worked fine).

I know this might be a long response to you, but I feel I need to abreast you with what modifying a 13>10pinout, might coat you.

NB: Don't allow them modify the transmission system pls

Use the right fluids, after the install

T4 Toyota transmission fluid is what you should use pls

If your car has a transmission cooker separate asides that linked to the radiator, do ensure you get that checked before installing the new one(would help avoid issues of contaminations, if the cause of failure was as a result of such).

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Lagos, Nigeria
www.dxta.net.ng

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Kashif(m): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
lillyontop:

Please can you send me your no cos I have been trying to contact you but to no avail

PM me.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by dano123: 5:38pm On Nov 30, 2018
emmsbaby:
I have the same problem but my car is 4 plugs 2007 camry need a 13 pin gear box o. Someone help i need it urgently am told mine is 180k

Pls, where did you get this price? Mine is also fried.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Anthonydre: 12:53pm On Jun 27, 2020
Please can you share your number. I currently have the same issue and want to know your experience and how its faring now.

blestman:
@sienna, automatic transmissions dont last forever, they undergo wears as the mileage of the car increases, with a mileage of about 150,000 be prepared for a new transmission.and guess what, the white man sells the car to us at the first sign of failure as he is not ready to spend $1500 buying a transmission not including the cost of replacement. so u can c why we have a high rate of transmission failure,we buy used cars whose transmission are already failing.. am currently using a10 pin automatic transmission for my camry 2007 se instead of the 13pin and the challenge i see now is difficultly in climbing some bumps( it lacks power and i get stuck sometimes and i hav to reverse and climb wit some momentum) but the car drives pretty well..
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by blestman: 11:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Am still driving the car with its 10pin gear, but wouldn't advice you to do the same for the following reasons.
The 13pin gear has 5 speed gears while the 10pin has 4 speed gears. So if you settle for it, you are downgrading your car. Since the ECU was designed for a 13pin gear, understanding the now 10 pin causes some lag, most especially when trying to get to gear 3 from gear 2.
You will also have to maintain a higher RPM for any particular speed when compared to 13pin. My friends Camry maintains 120km/h at 2000rpm while mine does the same at almost 4000rpm. So your fuel economy will be poorer.
The car will be slower when you try to race it, the reason being obvious
You will also have a permanent check engine light for two power train code.
Finally if you are have driven you car with a 13pin for a while, you will not enjoy it with a 10pin
I only recently appreciated the deficiencies of a 10pin gear after driving my friend's Camry and the difference was very clear.
Good luck as you try fixing your ride

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Oscanp(m): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
ACOgp:
How do I buy a good and reliable gear unit(13-pins) for replacement in my toyota camry SE 09 model 2.4L?. It has been confirmed bad and need to be replaced because I was told it cannot be repaired and not advisable too. Stories has it that this new model gear system is expensive and not reliable because it can still get bad at any time. My car is still new and clean and don't understand how the gear unit happened to go bad as early as less than 70 kilomils. They (mechanics) suggested old model gear (10-pins) unit for the replacement which is cheap and electrical convections will be done to make it work perfectly. I refused that suggestion because i don't subscribe to any alteration in my car systems for any reason hence asking for help to procure a good and reliable (13-pins) gear unit for the car.
Please I will appreciate any form of help from all of us.

Young man that ur own can be repaired back
It has once happened me
When I maid enquiry on getting new one the told me 350k but I was later directed to man that fix it with 70k
But he said why the gear box was bad is because of wrong transmission fluid
That I have to buy the main one that is compatible for the gear box

So for ur information it can be fix
Just ask around, I did my at mechanic village in calabar with one Emeka he is expert on that field I swear !
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by heykims(m): 3:28pm On Jul 06, 2020
Pleases where can I get to buy antitheft steering wheel lock?
Thank you.
Location is Ibadan /Abeokuta
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 5:40pm On Jan 02, 2022
I need contact of gear expert in Lagos that can repair 13 pin gearbox of Camry 2007 diagnosed to have burnt clutch fibre

1 Like

Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by myhero: 9:24pm On Jan 02, 2022
sonnie10:
Cash on delivery abi pay 1st
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by sonnie10: 9:37pm On Jan 02, 2022
myhero:

Cash on delivery abi pay 1st
Sorry. I am very time constraint at the moment.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 3:21pm On Jan 03, 2022
lovemie:
I need contact of gear expert in Lagos that can repair 13 pin gearbox of Camry 2007 diagnosed to have burnt clutch fibre

Have you seen ?
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
Dozieson:

Have you seen ?

Yes
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
lovemie:

Yes

How did it go? Is it repaired now? Is it performing well?
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 12:07am On Jan 18, 2022
Dozieson:

How did it go? Is it repaired now? Is it performing well?

It is still with the gear mechanic.
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 5:25am On Jan 18, 2022
lovemie:

It is still with the gear mechanic.

Since January 2?

Better to run from that guy. Or get a new gear box. 13pin is very sensitive to repairs here in Nigeria
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by 9icetoo(m): 12:45am On Jan 21, 2022
Dozieson:

Since January 2?

Better to run from that guy. Or get a new gear box. 13pin is very sensitive to repairs here in Nigeria
Be calming down sir. There are people who can repair it. Depending on the severity of damage though.
Replacement parts may be hindering the job or OP could be hindering the job too. Na person couple the transmission. It means another can uncouple, repair and couple back. smiley
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2022
9icetoo:

Be calming down sir. There are people who can repair it. Depending on the severity of damage though.
Replacement parts may be hindering the job or OP could be hindering the job too. Na person couple the transmission. It means another can uncouple, repair and couple back. smiley

You are right but I am afraid the regular kazeem will further destroy the gear and sink a deep hole in his pocket
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by lovemie: 10:50pm On Jan 27, 2022
Dozieson:

Since January 2?

I finally picked the car from the gear mechanic yesterday after 3 weeks!
The reason it took this long was mainly because the guy is damn too busy. His shop is always full with cars (10-12 cars) everyday while some cars are still packed on the road due to none availability of space and every customer is on his neck to attend to them. I will mention the other reason in my subsequent post.
I drove the car from Ojodu to Yaba and back yesterday with no issue. Today I drove it for 3 hours non-stop and additional 1 hour after a stop over of about 40 minutes. So far so good, the car is working fine.
More details later...
Re: How Do I Buy New Gear Unit(13-pins) For Replacement In Toyota Camry 09 Model?. by Dozieson(m): 5:18am On Jan 28, 2022
lovemie:

I finally picked the car from the gear mechanic yesterday after 3 weeks!
The reason it took this long was mainly because the guy is damn too busy. His shop is always full with cars (10-12 cars) everyday while some cars are still packed on the road due to none availability of space and every customer is on his neck to attend to them. I will mention the other reason in my subsequent post.
I drove the car from Ojodu to Yaba and back yesterday with no issue. Today I drove it for 3 hours non-stop and additional 1 hour after a stop over of about 40 minutes. So far so good, the car is working fine.
More details later...

Good 1. I like feedbacks. So we still have good gear mechanic in this country? What did he fix? And the cost too?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? / Ford's EcoSport Sets New Guinness Record For World's Largest Billboard In Spain / Purchasing A New Kia Rio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.