Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Fugi House Of Commotion Star Joins Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fugi House Of Commotion Star Joins Politics (470 Views)

Buhari & Lara Oshiomhole’s Handshake Cause Commotion On Twitter / Akin Alabi Joins Politics / Kenneth Okonkwo Joins Politics, Declares For House Of Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fugi House Of Commotion Star Joins Politics by oziegbe2015: 9:28pm On Dec 23, 2014
As the 2015 elections inch close, another entertainer, Sola Onayiga, aka Ireti in the popularFuji House of Commotionsitcom, has joined other entertainers who are aspiring for political offices.
A source toldThe Nationthat the actress, who is seeking to represent Ikorodu 1 Constituence in the Lagos State House of Assembly, submitted her INEC nomination last Friday, and will be running under the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Onayiga was said to have submitted the form personally to the chairman of SDP, Lagos State chapter, Engineer Rufus Osula.
Popular for her character as ‘show off cook’ in the now rested drama, the thespian is also noted forCheckmate, another rested soap by the producer ofFuji House of Commotion, the late Amaka Igwe and as Madam Philo in BBC’sStory, Story -Voices From The Market Place.
Speaking toThe Nationon telephone, Onayiga said, “I can’t say because I am not a politician, then things should be left undone. We need people to come out. If you are interested in correcting wrongs, you just have to come out. I want to contribute my little quota.”
According to the thespian, there is need for government to take entertainers more seriously by putting enough funds in the sector. “They see entertainers as unserious set of people. Government is not putting money into the arts in this country, all they do is invite us for their programmes to come and dance,” she said.
She noted that although it will be her first time in politics, she has affected her society positively, and will do better as a public office holder. “I have done alot for the youths in Ikorodu. I have also been resourceful to the women folks; I encourage women, especially widows on how best to move on with their lives.
On why it took her long to seek an elective post, she said, “I had to take my time to study the grounds very well.”
Onayiga said she chose the SDP platform because it is the late M.K.O Abiola’s party, and that she considered it the best way to launch her political ambition.http://thenationonlineng.net/new/fuji-house-commotion-star-joins-politics/
Re: Fugi House Of Commotion Star Joins Politics by IKJ66(m): 9:29pm On Dec 23, 2014
Ok

(1) (Reply)

When Nigerian Politiking Taken Too Far And Played Dirty/deadly (pix) / World Governments Description For Dummies / The Bitter Truth About GEJ 2015 Campaign. Fundraising

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.