Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ (824 Views)

Buhari Raises Alarm, Says Terrorists Returning To Embarrass Govt / Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / Hate Campaign: Buhari Fights Back, Bars AIT From Covering His Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by Nobody: 6:43am On Dec 24, 2014
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has said his desire not to become a hostage to anyone is the reason behind his decision to rely on the sacrifices of ordinary Nigerians to fund his campaign.

Buhari said this at a press briefing on the Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Crowd Funding Platform, in Abuja, on Tuesday.

This is even as he announced that N54, 415,386.70 had so far been received as donations through direct deposit and sale of cards. He expressed the confidence that the financial support he was receiving from ordinary Nigerians would see him through the campaign period.

According to him, his supporters who floated the platform drew inspiration from the United States of America President, Barack Obama’s campaign.

The candidate noted that when Obama first came on the scene, he did not enjoy the support of big corporations for a variety of reasons, but that he was able to surmount this challenge when he turned to ordinary Americans who shared his dream.

Buhari said, “My strength mainly are the ordinary people and the N100 they are contributing. It is a lot of money for them but I know they will make the sacrifice especially when I said I am not going to sign the cheque to get even a kobo out of that account.

“That is why I depend on them. We are taking this idea from what we have seen in the United States when Barack Obama came out to contest, he was a coloured person, the big companies were not for him and so on.

“But he knew he had foot soldiers, so when he came up with this idea, he was able to finance his campaign without looking for money-bags or anybody influential. So, he remained independent and was not held hostage by anybody. And this is what I want to achieve.”

He said the Buhari Support Organisation currently had 82 registered support groups with over 475, 796 coordinators and a total membership in the region of 8, 492,226 across the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/campaign-buhari-raises-n54-4m-from-crowd-funding-platform/

Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by donmalcolm21(m): 7:27am On Dec 24, 2014
Tell us about the billions Amaechi is donating and also how much Tinubu is funding it with and stop all these cock and bull stories of ordinaryNigerians donating tto your campaign fuunds
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by arsetalks(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2014
Good move there. It shows this man really cares about the wellness of the nation.

To PDP fans who will say he could only raise 54m while Mr shoeless raised 21bn, don't even think for one minute that we all will not pay back said "donation" to the donor should Mr Shoeless be returned ( GOD forbid).

Buhari do not have thieves as well and those who work hard to earn their money would not "donate" it recklessly.

Isn't it easy for someone to "donate" 2bn to Mr shoeless' campaign when they just bought Nitel for a bargain? Or how difficult do you think it will be for someone who got our oil wells for almost free?

Think regional/religion sentimentalist think.
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by arsetalks(m): 7:39am On Dec 24, 2014
donmalcolm21:
Tell us about the billions Amaechi is donating and also how much Tinubu is funding it with and stop all these cock and bull stories of ordinaryNigerians donating tto your campaign fuunds
He will do that when you have told us why you think someone wwho just bought over Nitel won't "donate" to the man who gave him almost free our national telecom outlet.

Tell us why you think a man who bought intto PHCN at a ridiculously low price, charges us crazy bill for a service not rendered will find it difficult to "donate" to Mr Shoeless.
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2014
donmalcolm21:

Did you read this post?
https://www.nairaland.com/2057923/not-funding-apc-says-amaechi
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by PehaKaso: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Shuuooo! APC? Una don start another propaganda again? Una no borrow this money again? choi! See lie as im face dey white dey shine eye 4 daytime.

I B B MUST HEAR THIS!
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by donmalcolm21(m): 8:30am On Dec 24, 2014
Martins301:

Did you read this post?
https://www.nairaland.com/2057923/not-funding-apc-says-amaechi
so after reading it you belived it then do you belive I was the one that fathered you. Check www.i-fathered-martins301.com. Mumu
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 24, 2014
donmalcolm21:
so after reading it you belived it then do you belive I was the one that fathered you. Check www.i-fathered-martins301.com. Mumu

Your parents should have sold you at birth. Untrained fool.
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by donmalcolm21(m): 8:36am On Dec 24, 2014
arsetalks:
He will do that when you have told us why you think someone wwho just bought over Nitel won't "donate" to the man who gave him almost free our national telecom outlet.

Tell us why you think a man who bought intto PHCN at a ridiculously low price, charges us crazy bill for a service not rendered will find it difficult to "donate" to Mr Shoeless.
how much was the market value of Nitel before it was sold, how much was the cost that it was sold during Obj and yaradua tenure, how much was it sold now factoring in the level of depreciation how the high connectivity of GSM. When you are done give yoursel a knock for being a victim of APC lies.
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by donmalcolm21(m): 8:38am On Dec 24, 2014
Martins301:

Your parents should have sold you at birth. Untrained fool.
stop feeling miserable my son, did you check the link before commenting about your grandparents.
Re: Campaign: Buhari Raises N54.4m From ‘Crowd Funding Platform’ by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2014
donmalcolm21:
stop feeling miserable my son, did you check the link before commenting about your grandparents.

Keep advertising ur stupidity.

(1) (Reply)

What Lt. Col. A. Wende Wrote Is True They Just Changed It I Swear-Civilian JTF / Buhari Lied, We are not with his Original Certificates - Army / Buhari WAEC And NECO Registr Is On Now Pls Collect Ur Form.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.