Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer (19196 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / Lecturer Collects Undergraduate's Slippers In UNILORIN (image) / Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by EagleScribes: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
The summary of it all - most Nigerian lecturers are average or below average
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
True talk
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
chai
Emperorking20, you know you can confide in me.
Which lecturer is frustrating you? angry
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Monzuur(m): 3:15pm On Dec 24, 2014
True yawn
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2014
ishhh! That does not happen here in Mozambique
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
Little wonder Nigeria is not progressing. Corrupt fools
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Sajio(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
True talk.... Nigeria lecturers are Sadist and very wicked!!
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by ceospecial(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
σкαу
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by expert1000: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
We cnt Risk Dictatorship 4rm Bukohari.We nid change in Nigeria Buh APC is not d change Nigerians are clamourin 4.A party wit Tinubu(the most corrupt black man in africa,check google) as god father can neva eva bring any meaninful change 2Nigeria.we shal continue wit d fresh air till a beta alternative comes
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by AreaFada2: 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
Eiya, I have heard a lot about 9ja lecturers but I have no experience with them.

Here in Europe, some (not many) can be a bit "funny" but they are generally approachable and professional.
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Deapexboy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
We don't av such lectures here in india
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Abduletudaye(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
masonkz:
Had that issue of mass failure with a particular lecturer in my 2nd year. For just no other reason than the fact that many of us refused to "sort" his course.

We protested the result.

Well, he died few months after the result was released (how, i don't know and don't care).

A panel was set up and it was decided that the results be cancelled and a new exam set up for the course.

Aced it cool

Dop'e cool

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Penboy: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Some are friendly though...
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
kennygee:
There are some that say A is for God, B is for him and C can be for you if you are very studious and intelligent.

lucky you, at least u don't own D n F
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
OK is that all? am still a loyal student of ojuelegba senior high school Pakistan
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by ShakurM(m): 3:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
kennygee:
There are some that say A is for God, B is for him and C can be for you if you are very studious and intelligent.
feeling ya!
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by lekzitakins: 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, please watch out!!!!!!

Beware of PDP!

Vote for CHANGE!
Vote GMB

Sai BUhari

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Abduletudaye(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by fiftynaira(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
I don't know cos I schooled in

France!!!
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
expert1000:
We cnt Risk Dictatorship 4rm Bukohari.We nid change in Nigeria Buh APC is not d change Nigerians are clamourin 4.A party wit Tinubu(the most corrupt black man in africa,check google) as god father can neva eva bring any meaninful change 2Nigeria.we shal continue wit d fresh air till a beta alternative comes

What has Jonathan achieved in SIX YEARS?

Making his friends and himself rich, while impoverishing the rest of us?

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Penboy: 3:20pm On Dec 24, 2014
Abduletudaye:

angry
lolz.. You caught me red-handed. So what next? ;p
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Abduletudaye(m): 3:21pm On Dec 24, 2014
Penboy:
lolz.. You caught me red-handed. So what next? ;p

I knew it! Hehe... Gerrout grin
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by judedwriter(m): 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
Most of them behave like demi-gods that crave worship of unfortunate students in their ivory towers cheesy
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by synergycom19: 3:30pm On Dec 24, 2014
You have said it all no wonder there students are not employable.you can't give what you don't have,if one student fail a course that's mean that lecturer is not good. That's why they don't want students to access them
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by mentorandfriend(m): 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2014
You forgot to put that most Nigerian lectures stopped reading once they got lecturing job. No wonder they dictate outdated notes in class. Hehehe.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by haibe(m): 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
kennygee:
Na so I hear before school, am a graduate now and I didn't encounter any lecturer that said that, it will be dumb for him or her to say such as it can be used against them
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by youngice(m): 3:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
nicflame:
I could remember one went on and copied MIT (massachusetts institute of technology)exams for us as test. We failed woefully. He felt like a don.
Then guys saw the questions on net, downloaded all, and guess what, He gave the questions in the exam, and favor smiled down upon us..
was it in FUTO

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Emperorking20:
THE NIGERIAN LECTURER

* Many of Nigerian tertiary institution's lecturers do feel too big to comment on their students' post on social media.
It's a clear difference between black lecturers and white lecturers.

Well, then again,my foreign lecturers did not comment on my posts.....

* Most Nigerian lecturers behave as if their students will not graduate for life.
Some intentionally mass fail students to portray themselves as strict lecturers.

Some do....but then most don't. Then factor in the poor labs, poor libraries, poor lecture theaters, poor hostel facilities, and you would get why it is difficult to pass in a Nigerian university.Then...the poor primary and secondary schools.

That is why either funding goes up....or students pay more.

* Most Nigerian lecturers are lazy yet they want their students to be hardworking.
They don't consider themselves as bad examples for students.

Not true....some work quite hard. Majority in fact. Of course...they are hindered by the paucity in facilities.

* Some Nigerian lecturers textbooks are carbon copy of foreign authors.
Still they will reject students' project because they copied.

That's truth in Television. But.....can ye blame them when in order to write a good text....ye have to have access to the latest journals. How many universities are on the ATHENS system?

* Some Nigerian lecturers' spoken and written English language are very bad yet they will always deduct students marks for grammatical errors.
Don't mind all my errors in this post. I was trained by Nigerian lecturers tongue

Truth in Television again....but you know...bad primary school , bad secondary school.....bad uni.

Really, our primary and secondary school systems went down the drain when Gowon took them over in 73....leading to a government with too may schools to fund. Naturally....standards slipped.

This doesn't mean you cant find a really good intellectual Nigerian lecturer angry .
Shoutout to all amiable and super standard lecturers cool

Thank you. Ye have earned thyself a redemption.

Bush(would-be lecturer, and child of lecturers) doc.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by lagcity(m): 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Biko, which white lecturers comment on their students' social media posts? u guys can lie ehn! Besides LinkedIn, your western professor wont even accept your friend request.

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by AJ01(m): 3:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
krall:
"THANK GOD I SCHOOLED IN ................................"
SUDAN grin
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by ibnusman(m): 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
*harsh to mehn soft to women especially if she was beautiful with firm breast and big butt. undecided*harsh to mehn soft to women especially if she was beautiful with firm breast and big butt.
Re: Facts About The Average Nigerian Lecturer by Abbey2sam(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2014
krall:
"THANK GOD I SCHOOLED IN ................................"

You schooled in France too? Which of there uni

I did my BSc there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Class Honours: Kini Big Deal? / Which Of These Statements Gave You Great Joy When You Were A Student / 6 DELSU Lecturers Sacked For Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.