Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:33 AM

How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card (3045 Views)

How To Install Windows On Free Dos Hp Laptop / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / Help Install Windows On Chrome OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by ExperTrait(m): 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
Pls dnt bother trying if u dnt have basic idea abt software engineering or computer engineering. .many of us still carry about, bulky software bags dat at times d cd's get scratched without our consent only to realise at point of use, that's disappointing..I wil teach us how to load ur windows os plus all oda software u wld wnt to to be installing on a single flash or memory card..
#items required.. Before commencing d flash or memory card bootable procedure
1. A flash drive of at least 4gb or a memory and card reader..NB. Windows os takes upto 4gb, so ur size of flash or memory card depends on d size of files u wnt in it
2. Windows 7 or above..dats wia I've test ran it
3. Disk ripping software, e.g nero, nti, etc
4. Working dvd rom on ur pc
5. Must have administrative right on d pc
6. Winrar installed on the pc
#procedures
Insert ur flash or memory card into d computer then rip ur windows disk as image file . (ISO) format to any location on ur disk. I prefer desktop cos I can find it easily
1. Click start and type 'cmd' and search. note, no quotation marks on all commands to be used so far
2. locate d cmd icon and right click it and chose open as administrator
3. Type 'cd..'
4. Type another 'cd..'
By dis time, u shld be here c:\>
5. Type 'diskpart'
6. Type 'List disk'
List of all drives on d computer should be shown.take note the number corresponding to ur Disk. Disk 1 is usually ur flash
7. Type 'select disk 1'
Here, observe the spacing
8. Type 'clean'
9. Type create partition primary'
10. Type 'select partition 1'
11. Type 'act'
12. Type 'format fs=ntfs quick'
13. Type 'assign'
14. Type 'exit'
15. Extract the ISO image image onto the flash or memory card..this will take a bit long
Dats all.. U can copy and paste all of d files u want unto the flash/mem card...d good thing abt these is dat, u can install windows 7, vista, win8 in less dan 15 minutes...
Just restart ur pc and make it usb boot 1st in ur biose setup to test run it.

any more info or for all of ur desktop/laptops, networks or electronics issues..feel free to send a mail@ d expertrait...isaacodinakafranklin@gmail.com..odinaka franklin is d name. B.eng electrical/computer engr..comptia(a+, network+, server+, cloud, security+) certified, ccna nd ccnp certified..I wld b glad to hear from you..merry xmas Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2014
Well done bro, but sumtin is nt clear , pls expatiate mnre about, aw d os wil be transfered imto d flash or memory card, i mean d software 2 use, and d process pls, because i was told dat d memory or flash must be in a specific format. Thanks
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by ExperTrait(m): 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
Well done bro, but sumtin is nt clear , pls expatiate mnre about, aw d os wil be transfered imto d flash or memory card, i mean d software 2 use, and d process pls, because i was told dat d memory or flash must be in a specific format. Thanks
dats wia winrar software is used...use winrar to extract the iso image of d win os unto ur flash
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by ExperTrait(m): 7:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
use winrar to extract the iso image of the win os unto the flash...merry xmas bro
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by jmoore(m): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
All these type this, type that are long process.

Just use power iso to create a bootable USB.

1 Like

Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 6:20am On Dec 27, 2014
jmoore:

pls can u help with power iso application
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by jmoore(m): 6:31am On Dec 27, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
type "download power iso" on google
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
jmoore:

type "download power iso" on google
tax bro, pls one more thing, can you help with power iso version 3.5 user name and registration code
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by jmoore(m): 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
tax bro, pls one more thing, can you help with power iso version 3.5 user name and registration code

Mine is not registered. I don't think you need to register it before you can use it.
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
jmoore:

Mine is not registered. I don't think you need to register it before you can use it.
ok. Now that i have it on my system, am i goin to create a bootable flash drive like that, i mean jxt as like dat of disk or wat pls, tel me aw to do it
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Tax to all the resource persons on this thread, am sorry for repeating d same questhon. I jxt got the point. Let me try it and see aw it goes. I wil feed u back thanks
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by jmoore(m): 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
ok. Now that i have it on my system, am i goin to create a bootable flash drive like that, i mean jxt as like dat of disk or wat pls, tel me aw to do it
Do you have the ISO file of the windows you want to install? If yes then start from Step 1. But if you only have the windows cd, then scroll down to see how to create an ISO file of windows with poweriso.

Steps
1. Start PowerISO

2. Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from.

3. Choose the menu "Tools > Create Bootable USB Drive". The "Create Bootable USB Drive" dialog will popup. If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7 / 8 operating system, you need confirm the UAC dialog to continue.

4. In "Create Bootable USB Drive" dialog, click "..." button to open the iso file of Windows 7.

5. Select the correct USB drive from the "Destination USB Drive" list if multiple USB drives are connected to the computer.

6. Choose the proper writing method. "USB-HDD" is recommended.

7. Click "Start" button to start creating windows 7

If you don't have the ISO file of windows, but you have the windows CD, then use the steps provided below to create an ISO file of windows with poweriso

- Click "Copy" button on toolbar, then choose "Make CD / DVD / BD Image File..." from the popup menu.
- PowerISO shows ISO Maker dialog.
- Choose the CD / DVD driver which holds the disc you want to copy.
- Choose the output file name, and set output format to ISO.
- Click "OK" to make iso file from the selected disc.
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 2:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
jmoore:

pls d unregistered power iso cannot save data that more than 300mb, wat is the way out
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by jmoore(m): 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
YUSUPH1986:
pls d unregistered power iso cannot save data that more than 300mb, wat is the way out
I have never used to poweriso to create iso image.
You can download nero and use it to create an iso file of windows cd.
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
You don't need to create a bootable drive if the file you downloaded is an ISO file, just mount the file a virtual drive using power ISO, and install the setup in the sources folder
YUSUPH1986:
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by nnasino(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
To create a windows bootable flash drive involves more than just creating a bootable flash drive with magic iso. This would not work because windows will only boot from a flash if the flash is formatted using the NTFS file system. To create a bootable windows flash drive:
download the program rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/. Select the windows iso and make sure file system is on NTFS. Click start and wait for it to finish and you're done. Restart the computer and boot from the flash drive to install windows.

To create a linux disc you can use unetbootin [url]unetbootin.sourceforge.net[/url] to create the bootable flash drive.
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by YUSUPH1986(m): 4:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
nnasino:
To create a windows bootable flash drive involves more than just creating a bootable flash drive with magic iso. This would not work because windows will only boot from a flash if the flash is formatted using the NTFS file system. To create a bootable windows flash drive:
download the program rufus https://rufus.akeo.ie/. Select the windows iso and make sure file system is on NTFS. Click start and wait for it to finish and you're done. Restart the computer and boot from the flash drive to install windows.

To create a linux disc you can use unetbootin [url]unetbootin.sourceforge.net[/url] to create the bootable flash drive.
tax man, bt pls can u be more explicit about the steps 4 me(yet 2 be a pro)
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by hovatek: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2015
YUSUPH1986:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-TtHMg_zQI
Re: How To Install Windows From A Flash Drive Or Memory Card by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
Read the full step by step guide on how to install windows xp from here http://www.edumacro.com/how-install-windows-windows-download/

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Windows User Experience Index / *~ Denzel2009 Voted Computer Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Dell G7 Gaming Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.