Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,330 members, 7,822,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33304 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by An0nimus: 12:38am On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:
Lol @repogirl na annoyance dey make proverb come pesin head,you guys shudnt be angry,at least i made the thread lively. All is well that ends well.
Nai be say I need to dey vex steadygrin. Abeg who go fight me? *tears shirt to show extra large singlet* cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by LarrySun(m): 12:41am On Jan 21, 2015
*Wipes sweat from forehead*
Phew! Peace at last.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 21, 2015
LarrySun:
*Wipes sweat from forehead*
Phew! Peace at last.
You were not near the fire,so why are you sweating?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by LarrySun(m): 12:50am On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

You were not near the fire,so why are you sweating?
You were the fire.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Royver(m): 12:52am On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

If na only because of you i don fling my gun troway,no be sword na gun i cari. Sori repogirl,i will not comment again on this thread unless strongly instigated to do so. My apologies to the right thinking pple.
Ps: i still stand firmly on my perceptions and views about blackanopheles.
grin blackanopheles, cool name grin
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 21, 2015
Royver:

grin blackanopheles, cool name grin
Lol hit em were it hurts
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Royver(m): 1:00am On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

Lol hit em were it hurts
you are still trying to look for trouble, e neva tire you?
Meanwhile you need to open a thread on proverbs or something. i'm sure it will make front page smiley
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by OMA4U(m): 1:09am On Jan 21, 2015
In fact, it's been interesting all the way. Now Mr Kaya09, I want to help your understanding a bit.

Under her thatch, she watched the group of spectacular maiden who were rehearsing Bull dance; they were clad in short grassy skirts embellished with beads, while their full grown hair stood proudly on their scalp. [b\]

Why do you think they are practising bull dance? They were actually preparing for the new year in their own unique traditional (local) way.

[b] She had woven enough baskets that would fetch her much money. She couldn't wait to see her husband; her visage brightened as she anticipated another wonderful new year.

Why do you think the protagonist had to work hard to make money?

You said the story does not add up. Stories don't just exist, one thing leads to the other.

Besides, this is a flash fiction, so I would prefer the readers to figure out what every scene depicts on their own.

Thank you, I have read countless literary criticism. Yours is just a cog in a wheel and I don't know what makes you feel you know better than the impeccable judges.

Thank you all.
OMA.

3 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 5:55am On Jan 21, 2015
OMA4U:

Thank you all.
OMA.
President, make we dey watch dey learn small small for this thread o. I dey fear wetin go happen for the next NCPC. I will never have someone accusing tim or noble of these things above.
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Shugaryme(f): 7:29am On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
chai! I didn't call you, I simply said 'my woman', yet you got a mention. shocked tongue

Ladies and gentlemen, viewers at home, please rise, let us chorus a 'hmmmm' and have a group blush cheesy
hehehehe
You are so not serious
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2015
Shugaryme:

hehehehe
You are so not serious
true... I wouldn't share my blushes with anyone. See as you know me finish embarassed
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Shugaryme(f): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray:
true... I wouldn't share my blushes with anyone. See as you know me finish embarassed
If I don't know you, who will? grin
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 21, 2015
Oahray and Shugaryme. This the way to where you're going. Sorry. The roads can be a bit confusing around here sometimes. undecided
www.nairaland.com/dating
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2015
Shugaryme:

If I don't know you, who will? grin
*dettol soundtrack plays in background* cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:04am On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:
Oahray and Shugaryme. This the way to where you're going. Sorry. The roads can be a bit confusing around here sometimes. undecided
www.nairaland.com/dating
Ayamlaykorn
exactly...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:
www.nairaland.com/dating
Ayamlaykorn
em... Well I disagree

literature is expression . . . . . . . (1)
Love thrives on expression . . . . . . . (2)

Solving (1) and (2) simultaneously, we see that love is directly proportional to literature (don't ask how tongue). So mathematically
Love ∝ literature . . . . . . (3)

To make this an equation, we introduce a nairaland constant of location proportionality called section

Therefore,
Love = literature section

Q. E. D

3 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Shugaryme(f): 10:05am On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=Oahray post=29988404] *dettol soundtrack plays in background*

cheesy grin grin
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:17am On Jan 21, 2015
@DarryOsh, you've spoken well.
Yes, admittedly, I'm guilty of making vile comments to those who antagonize the judges.

You see, people have a problem; they throw insults, make poorly verified accusations and call it criticism. I, in turn, have two problems with that.
One, the insults are unimaginative. Lol.
Two, The judges are doing this out of passion and because I asked them to. I have EXPLICIT FAITH in their deisions.You can understand why I will rise to their defense any time.
All who had a legitimate grouse and presented it in a reasonable manner have been answered in kind.

Having said that, ppl are entitled to their perceptions,I can't help how they 'perceive' me. Lol. For me, the most important thing is that the Challenge serves it's purpose and both Challengers and Judges are willing to do it all over again.
Thank you.

@martin92, Thanks jere. I am also a judge, of sorts. Lol. I oversee all the submissions by the judges.*tongue out*
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2015
Peace at Last!
With no mask he spoke
Injustice! Injusice! he cried out
With no shame he trudged on
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:32am On Jan 21, 2015
To all Challengers,

I apologize if I said anything that has been miscontrued to mean that I criticized any entry. Lol. I should probably have waited for the moderations to begin. Hehe.
Any 'criticism' I gave was on the mode of submission of entries, and NOT on your potential as writers.

EVERY ONE OF YOU possess the ability to tell a tale, in varying degrees. Some told it better than others, it's a pity the rules couldn't be bent....
Once again, the judges and I will respond to any questions, polite protestations you have.

I look forward to seeing you all take up the next Challenge.
Thank you for participating.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2015
theorbiters:

Just a suggestion. Why don't u just modify those that didn't make the next stage.
Just seeing this.

No, I don't think that'll be fair to Challengers. Besides, something tells me I may need to refer to some entries for later...
Anyway, I've heard from the judges. Theyve already begun sef, So no sweat.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2015
chrisviral:
lipsrsealed undecided angry sad angry sad

And I already planned the number of shirts I was going to buy from this money...
angry sad
Mtcheeeeeew
Here I was thinking in the future, I will be the second Nigerian to get a nobel price (Shey na wetin dem dey call) in writing after wole..
Mtcheeeeew!

Thanks for crushing my dreams cheesy grin angry sad
Prepare for the next Challenge.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2015
whitemosquito:
Just seeing this.

No, I don't think that'll be fair to Challengers. Besides, something tells me I may need to refer to some entries for later...
Anyway, I've heard from the judges. Theyve already begun sef, So no sweat.
Okay. I thought the same too.
Nice work once again. And pls, forgive all of us for our outbursts.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Fatalveli(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2015
Sincerely speaking, Kay09 is gonna make a good lawyer! I love the way you argued - excluding the insult aspect!

A round of applause 4 u.

@whitemosquito, we will be looking forward to a fair next stage.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:03am On Jan 21, 2015
laykorn:
I think whitemosquito from the beginning should have added as a rule that no one should challenge a judge's decision. If anybody knows they won't be able to keep to the rule, they should stay off. This is sheer disrepect to people who volunteered their time, effort and even data to judge this challenge. If I were a judge, I go done vex commot.

Next time you're doing this, don't forget to add it as a rule. "Don't criticise any judge's decisions."
Ayamlaykorn
Friend of Red,
howdy?

Though I shan't add it as a rule, thanks. My judges know that sentiments expressed on the thread are the sole opinion of the person commenting, never mine. Even if the judges' decisions are challenged, only I can rescind it, and I won't. They were all chosen specifically because I trust their judgement. I still pat myself on the back for choosing them. *smile*
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:05am On Jan 21, 2015
Fatalveli:

@whitemosquito, we will be looking forward to another fair next stage.
modified it for you.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:10am On Jan 21, 2015
theorbiters:

Okay. I thought the same too.
Nice work once again. And pls, forgive all of us for our outbursts.
*shrugs* more outburst, more traffic...besides, can't begrudge some fellows their 5 seconds of limelight.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 21, 2015
Where writing has gotten me,i doubt if you will ever get there,but who am i to say? This is nairaland,a faceless forum,and i love every bit of it,the arguments and intrigues and all. What amazes me the most is your outright and foolhardy stubborness. I have worked with people like you and i know how to get on their nerves. When i read your poorly veiled attempt of an apology,i laughed so hard i almost smashed my laptop Lol. A simple i was wrong in calling most entries below par would have sufficed. But no,you had to explain some hullabalo about how you were "misconstrued" and " Any 'criticism' I gave was on the mode of submission of
entries, and NOT on your potential as writers.
EVERY ONE OF YOU possess the ability to tell a tale, in
varying degrees. " . Bullshiit i call it. An insulting response i call it. I dont know how you managed to placate Mr kuzaku,but he seems happy,you must have touched his happy spot. A monkey that eats with both hands will sooner or later fall from the tree. You may feel my posts are antagonistic towards you,but it will do you good to pause for a second and see it from another angle,afterall a person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market,this is your thread and a fine legacy,you do not want to taint it by fighting me. My perception about you does not stop me from participating in discourses concerning you,our people say One cannot stop sleeping because of a fear of bad dreams,so i will continue following this thread,beyond all the fracas i still wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Fatalveli(m): 11:48am On Jan 21, 2015
Abeg royver, call that man in the church, or probably the sand man to come settle things in here. This is becoming serious
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Ishilove: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2015
Kaya09, stop antagonising the judges and causing unnecessary controversy. One more insulting post from you and you will be barred from this thread.

Take note.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ishilove:
Kaya09, stop antagonising the judges and causing unnecessary controversy. One more insulting post from you and you will be barred from this thread.

Take note.
Who are you? you want to bring your dictatorial tendencies here,ban me,you think i'll beg you?. Una no hapi say i make this graveyard thread relevant sef.I have already spoken my mind,i couldnt care less if am allowed to post on this thread again. And please dont mention me again,do what you have to do peacefully or stay in your lane.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Fatalveli(m): 12:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:

Who are you? you want to bring your dictatorial tendencies here,ban me,you think i'll beg you?. Una no hapi say i make this graveyard thread relevant sef.I have already spoken my mind,i couldnt care less if am allowed to post on this thread again. And please dont mention me again,do what you have to do peacefully or stay in your lane.
Guy abeg e don do, let peace reign. We are supposed to be interacting in here not abusing or criticising someone else personality. Plus the fact that u are a guy, u shouldn't abuse or insult girls, we both know it ain't proper. So pls I beg of u to stop these bashing and follow this thread silently like anyone else. One love bro!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

12 Novels Considered The “Greatest Books Ever Written” / Forbidden Attraction / The Root Of A Cynosure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.