Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33236 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
kaya09:
Where writing has gotten me,i doubt if you will ever get there,but who am i to say? This is nairaland,a faceless forum,and i love every bit of it,the arguments and intrigues and all. What amazes me the most is your outright and foolhardy stubborness. I have worked with people like you and i know how to get on their nerves. When i read your poorly veiled attempt of an apology,i laughed so hard i almost smashed my laptop Lol. A simple i was wrong in calling most entries below par would have sufficed. But no,you had to explain some hullabalo about how you were "misconstrued" and " Any 'criticism' I gave was on the mode of submission of
entries, and NOT on your potential as writers.
EVERY ONE OF YOU possess the ability to tell a tale, in
varying degrees. " . Bullshiit i call it. An insulting response i call it. I dont know how you managed to placate Mr kuzaku,but he seems happy,you must have touched his happy spot. A monkey that eats with both hands will sooner or later fall from the tree. You may feel my posts are antagonistic towards you,but it will do you good to pause for a second and see it from another angle,afterall a person who sells eggs should not start a fight in the market,this is your thread and a fine legacy,you do not want to taint it by fighting me. My perception about you does not stop me from participating in discourses concerning you,our people say One cannot stop sleeping because of a fear of bad dreams,so i will continue following this thread,beyond all the fracas i still wish you well.
Lol @ placate kuzaku. I decided to let sleeping dogs lie and dedicate my energy to wishing the successful contenders well. Whitey and repo also explained well, so I guess you can say I've been placated lol
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
LarrySun:
I don't think this is a graveyard thread; I believe it's currently the 'highest grossing thread' in the Literature Section. From this thread, I've got to know some very interesting people. I need another thread that can offer me the kind of excitement and entertainment I find here grin .

Well, Kaya09 willed the ban on himself; it was as if he was screaming excitedly 'Ban me! Ban me!!' He's an intelligent guy, but he was trying so hard to make people think he was a nonentity...unfortunately, he didn't succeed much. sad People still saw the brilliance in him. However, it would take a yoke of oxen to drag a coin out of a beggar's hat. The ban would not keep that determined curmudgeon off this thread; he would continue to create new Nairaland accounts that would make Zuckerberg envious of Seun, subject owners Yahoo and Google to raise their eyebrows aloft, and cause kayaks all over the world to capsize. I hope when he returned with another sensational moniker, he would not hide behind the cloak of arrogance. Allow people to learn from you something better than vile disposition. From that cello of brilliance you've got, I would love to strum a note. You've got a legendary trademark, you speak the words of a sage, albeit with a flatulent oral towel.

To those who were not shortlisted, it never means that you're bad writers, please don't smash the ink bottles. Many of you are very good; like Kuzaku, many others wrote brilliantly, but because the train could only accommodate a few travellers, some people had to remain on the platform. Other trains would definitely come around, and when they do, I hope your luggage would still be ready.

Let the excitement continue. Peace be unto you all.

Cheers!

Awwwww, did I just blush at all you said now. NO HOMO, but I felt like a little girl wen I read what you wrote. I wanna be like you someday.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 10:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Larrysun, 'Flatulent oral towel?' classic!! grin
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2015
Lol.
Lar, have you seen Fatalveli's thread for big words? You're overdue there o.

Besides, you once promised to engage me in a discourse that should be exciting...
I said there were no new stories, you disagreed. Remember?
Open a thread na. Or should I?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
repogirl:
I dey tell you! Those proverbs ehn? I wonder if there's a book I can get them in, plus their meanings......hook a sis up kaya09.
repogirlie!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2015
StealthIdeals:
repogirlie!
lol, am I safe? This one you dey shout me like this.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
repogirl:
lol, am I safe? This one you dey shout me like this.
I thought I was the only one who could call you repogirlie? *sadface*
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
whitemosquito:
I thought I was the only one who could call you repogirlie? *sadface*
ehya, cheerup, that's what happens when you don't do copyright.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Bhenehdikt(m): 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Itz been long since anyone posted anything here...
Our judges,I just want to know how things are going with you guyz and the stories.
Hope our girama didnt crack u guyz ribz.lol
cc:
whitemosquito
repogirl
larrysun
royver

I wish I remembered all da judges
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
Hello!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Therock5555(m): 8:10am On Jan 27, 2015
Whitemosquito, results suppose comot yesterday, is this competition still on sef?

Just passing by
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2015
I miss kay09 embarassed
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 27, 2015
laykorn:
I miss kay09 embarassed
Ayamlaykorn
Maybe that guy was right afterall,now i see. They killed the fun on this thread by banning him and they seem unserious.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 10:23am On Jan 27, 2015
I thought I was the only one who's missing 'im...can't imagine the beams that'll be on his face when he sees these.
#an antagonist is poised in a play,to animate the scenes,challenge the hero,dig up his flaws and trigger his prowess. Guess the 'organisers' were too scared to face him. So they killed his character...if u kill d boze,wetin actor won act again,the film nor go mek sense again nah.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 11:24am On Jan 27, 2015
i hope whitemosquito is okay. she was last seen on 25th. larrysun , repogirl how far nah ? bring us up to speed of the situation at hand. i dont want to make it seem like am pressurizing the judges but i feel that somebody ought to have given us a reason as to why the result was not published on the 26th of jan as stated on the rules, and possibly give us the ETA of the results. thanks
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 2:09pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hey, man allow 'em to take their time,the clock is theirs. dnt pressurize 'em...its part of the fun; suspense and intrigues.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 2:15pm On Jan 27, 2015
Therock5555:
Whitemosquito, results suppose comot yesterday, is this competition still on sef?

Just passing by
The competition is still on o. Work has swamped me, Biko. I have received the moderation from the second stage, currently reviewing it..before the end of tomorrow, it'll be posted on the thread.
Thanks for your patience.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
whitemosquito:
The competition is still on o. Work has swamped me, Biko. I have received the moderation from the second stage, currently reviewing it..before the end of tomorrow, it'll be posted on the thread.

You do what you have to, I'm solidly behind you.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Therock5555(m): 7:01am On Jan 28, 2015
whitemosquito:
toor, I just dey greet. U are doing a great job BTW
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 11:40am On Jan 30, 2015
Smh... See what intolerance has reduced this thread to.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by adjain(m): 3:09pm On Jan 30, 2015
I think - not sure - that the organizer of the competition may have hit a snag.

How unfortunate.

Today is January 30.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
Please try not to pressurize 'em. le'them take their time,the clock is theirs...its part of the fun,anticipation!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Please try not to pressurize 'em. le'them take their time,the clock is theirs...its part of the fun,anticipation!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2015
lets just have patience with whitemosquito , i have bin in her shoes b4, it must have bin a really hectic work and she needs to to read the stories with the utmost concentration so that she will be able to deliver efficiently ,unless u guys want her to do this anyhow.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Patience guys..
I live in the real time..with a real life and a real job..the hustle can get pretty real once in a while..
There's no rule in the book that says all competitions must be fast paced..
Just continue to exercise patience please..I'm reviewing the last submission.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
Thanks Martin.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
whitemosquito:
Patience guys..
I live in the real time..with a real life and a real job..the hustle can get pretty real once in a while..
There's no rule in the book that says all competitions must be fast paced..
Just continue to exercise patience please..I'm reviewing the last submission.
Thanks.
Hmm,as if we have an option...the clock is urs.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
whitemosquito:
Thanks Martin.

u are welcome
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 1:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
The serenity of this comment-cave is emphatically proportion to a deserted homestead,laying bare and yawning needlessly to the passing breeze and murmuring wind...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by adjain(m): 2:10pm On Jan 31, 2015
Well - Godspeed, White Mosquito.

May you find grace.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Royver(m): 12:57am On Feb 02, 2015
Hello everyone,
these are my findings, my judgement and my verdict. I mean to try my possible best to be corrective and give constructive criticism. If the language at anytime sounds harsh or rude then I apologise, it is not my intent.

I originally wanted to critique all stories like I did the first and second but issues came up and I had to summarize the rest. I had submitted my findings a week ago but I understand certain issues in real life came up that couldn't be avoided. I would like to say on behalf of the organizer, 'sorry for the delay'.

Okay, here we go:

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / Circle Of Three. / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.