Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33223 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 4:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
good
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by ezicat: 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2015
Lol at the twists and turns of all the comments. I've just submitted my piece to your e-mail using Word as per the instructions (.docx) BTW White Mosquito - this competition was an awesome idea! Thank you!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by drachael(f): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2015
I have sent mine, pls confirm
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by daveP(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06, 2015
joeblac07:
You must participate oo... (running to market to buy a bigger 'magnet') grin You must participate oo... (running to market to buy a bigger 'magnet') grin You must participate oo... (running to market to buy a bigger 'magnet') grin You must participate oo... (running to market to buy a bigger 'magnet')

(as he makes her laugh, feels a sharp vibratory force pulling@ his back. Its pulls him and smashes a hole in the window amidst shrieks and siren down the street until........)

where im i?

(sees throng of suited men lining up with blue envelopes. A beautiful lady, with a smile attending to them. A tv on the way broadcasts SCRUBS)

CHAI! THIS IS SKALALIZING, SO TO SPEAK!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

(the men in suit turn to him and thumbs up, saying "oooh" in bored baritonic unison)
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:13pm On Jan 06, 2015
Sorry guys..Ive been away for a while..The hols, work, etc etc..

Ive received entries from the following people:
adjain
therock5555
rawjunc1
olusharp
a certain Ezeugo Mbagwu
another Oke Princewill Omoye
simonhabby
kingnoel
royaler

Lionize, please do not resend your entry. You know, usually, when you click "send" in your yahoomail, it err, actually sends..the mail. Ive received your entry thrice now.

Messrs Ezeugo and Princewill, you need to send ur nairaland monikers, otherwise you'll be disqualified.

Thanks everyone.

Three more days to go o!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2015
In response to questions; yes, you may either send your entry to my mail or post it on the Challenge thread.

Btw, Im yet to be wowed. Most of the entries Ive perused wont even make it past the first stage. *sad face*
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:24pm On Jan 06, 2015
whitemosquito:

adjain
therock5555
rawjunc1
olusharp
a certain Ezeugo Mbagwu
simonhabby
kingnoel
royaler

Lionize, please do not resend your entry. You know, usually, when you click "send" in your yahoomail, it err, actually sends..the mail. Ive received your entry thrice now.

Messrs Ezeugo and Princewill, you need to send ur nairaland monikers, otherwise you'll be disqualified.

Thanks everyone.

Happy new year!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Bhenehdikt(m): 10:26pm On Jan 06, 2015
whitemosquito:
In response to questions; yes, you may either send your entry to my mail or post it on the Challenge thread.

Btw, Im yet to be wowed. Most of the entries Ive perused wont even make it past the first stage. *sad face*
whew!..it hasnt been easy whitey
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by OMA4U(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2015
Whitemosquito, What's the email, please?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 11:59am On Jan 07, 2015
[quote author=whitemosquito post=29556710]Sorry guys..Ive been away for a while..The hols, work, etc etc..

adjain
therock5555
rawjunc1
olusharp
a certain
simonhabby
kingnoel
royaler

Thanks everyone.

Three more days to go o!

i am the
.forgive my ignorance but monicker means nairaland username, right ?

i am suprised because i believed that i put my monicker beside the title of my story.

Anyway, i have sent the monicker to you again. pls confirm that u received it
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 12:01pm On Jan 07, 2015
whitemosquito:

adjain
therock5555
rawjunc1
olusharp
a certain
simonhabby
kingnoel
royaler

Thanks everyone.

i am the
.forgive my ignorance but monicker means
nairaland username, right ?
i am suprised because i believed that i put my
monicker beside the title of my story.
Anyway, i have sent the monicker to you again. pls
confirm that u received it
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 4:39pm On Jan 07, 2015
martin92:

i am the ezeugo mbagwu
.forgive my ignorance but monicker means
nairaland username, right ?
i am suprised because i believed that i put my
monicker beside the title of my story.
Anyway, i have sent the monicker to you again. pls
confirm that u received it
Did you? Well, I didnt bother to open it.. Guess thats sorted out..
Thanks.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 4:40pm On Jan 07, 2015
OMA4U:
Whitemosquito, What's the email, please?
white.mosquito@yahoo.com.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by DNBTeam: 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2015
Read DNB stories. You can also send stories to us - www.danwrites90..com
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by martin92(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2015
whitemosquito:
Did you? Well, I didnt bother to open it.. Guess thats sorted out..
Thanks.

tanx a million times . you are doing the right thing. people like you will rule Nigeria well
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:28am On Jan 08, 2015
Ive received entries from the following:
kuzaku
ezicat
drachel
GodwinGodson
mobsync
ruffhandu
fabiano09
OMA4U

Two days to go!!!!!!

NB: You do not need to pm me for special considerations...Just write an amazing piece. I am a fair person, as are my judges; listing your age, tribe or political inclinations/affiliations will not get you extra points, people. Let your pens, or in this case, keypad speak for you.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Diamondwriter(m): 7:00pm On Jan 08, 2015
whitey confirm
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Shugaryme(f): 11:00am On Jan 09, 2015
Whitemosquito, please confirm...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Eillo(m): 12:40pm On Jan 09, 2015
just sent in my entry. whitemosquito, please acknowledge receipt.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 9:43pm On Jan 09, 2015
400 words is too small naa Haba!
Mine is clocking 700... how do I delete 300 sweet words... undecided
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2015
Submitted grin
Confirm receipt please?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by pureIvory(f): 4:11am On Jan 10, 2015
just submitted my entry. confirmation please.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 7:15am On Jan 10, 2015
chrisviral:
Submitted grin
Confirm receipt please?
Oga, did you not see your mention on the other thread? Modify that post now before I get you banned. I dont tolerate indiscipline.
Thank you.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2015
whitemosquito:
Oga, did you not see your mention on the other thread? Modify that post now before I get you banned. I dont tolerate indiscipline.
Thank you.

Its been modified for ages naa, Ah you no even check, I have modified it!
Did you receive my entry? Thanks!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2015
Entry deadline is up by 10pm today!!!!!!!!

Confirmations will come in by noon...
Thank you.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 7:31am On Jan 10, 2015
whitemosquito:

Thank you.

I wish you would organise one for Poem lovers?
400 words prose is kinda limited, Maybe that's why you haven't been wowed!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by iamsegsy(m): 8:17am On Jan 10, 2015
whitemosquito:

Thank you.
hello.....I must have sent my entry in the wrong way, I just copied and pasted it on the body section of the mail. should I resend it in .docx format? Thanks.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by spacefreak: 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2015
@whitemosquito sent my work to your mail last night, please confirm? Thanks.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by silas1475(m): 5:20pm On Jan 10, 2015
whitemosquito please confirm mine.thanks
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Royver(m): 12:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Good morning my people! I have been going through the entries on the thread and I see a lot of effort has been put in. Congratulations to all of you.

I wanted to sound a little note of warning on plagiarism. It would be a thing of dishonour if you deliberately copied another individual's story. Every story sent to this competition must be yours and yours alone. It would be a thing of shame to find out that one or two of you went to foreign websites to copy stories and change names. Haba. That's not good at all. If you are in this category please kindly email whitemosquito or myself and we will very discretely remove your entry, maybe beg white to allow you send another one quietly. But if you do not remove it, rest assured we will paste your supposed story and the original and where you got it from for all to see. And of course you will automatically be disqualified from the competition.

Have a happy sunday everyone!

4 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 12:29am On Jan 11, 2015
Royver..
Abeg help us confirm with white whether our entries were received?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 12:37am On Jan 11, 2015
whitemosquito:
@theorbiters, Bhenedikt, both of you are right. Don't forget to include the promise and excitement of the New Year in ur plots.
I cant explain further than that, Il practically be helping you write...Best of luck.

@ashakemi et al, Ill check my mail once I get to the office please.
Morning.

M just seeing this now...
Why didn't you include all this in the main thread for the competition.. Mtcheeeeeew!
And I was writing off topic since!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / Circle Of Three. / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.