Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,878 members, 7,817,586 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* (33228 Views)

Write Your Shortest Flash Fiction. Not More Than 25 Words. / The White Mosquito Flash Fiction Challenge / Nairaland E-workshop For Writers---Comment Thread--Day1(Sept30) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 13, 2015
whitemosquito:
Repogirlie, I don't understand o. Can I give you my mail password, lets see if you can get in? The thing tire me.

Or how about this: mention each entrant and let them post their entries under their mentions.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 8:20am On Jan 13, 2015
whitemosquito:
Repogirlie, I don't understand o. Can I give you my mail password, lets see if you can get in? The thing tire me.
sure, lemme buzz u on whatsapp.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 9:48am On Jan 13, 2015
Alright guys, here is the list of confirmed entries. A few of you didn't write your nairaland ID's, so I just put your names there, you'll have to notify whitemosquito of your ID's. You can do that here on this thread, simply write your name with your ID in front. Thanks.

StealthIdeals
Divepen
anakadrian
Ashakemi
Ginikanwa Soludo
Akposb
theorbiters
Oke Princewill Omoyemi
simonhabby
REB3L
ROYALER
ADJAIN
therock5555
rawjunc1
lionize
olusharp
Olakunle Ologunro
ezicat
drachael
GODWINGODSON
mobsync
ruffhandu
martin92
OMA4U
Fabian09
diamondwriter
IGITee
mrfils
eillo
shugaryme
iamsegsy
awesomeb1783
spacefreak
zuby94
pureivory
chrisviral
funmo
silas1475
bhenehdikt
ksslib
adinije
sammoe

CC: WhiteMosquito

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by GODWINGODSON(m): 9:59am On Jan 13, 2015
repogirl:
Alright guys, here is the list of confirmed entries. A few of you didn't write your nairaland ID's, so I just put your names there, you'll have to notify whitemosquito of your ID's. You can do that here on this thread, simply write your name with your ID in front. Thanks.

StealthIdeals
Divepen
anakadrian
Ashakemi
Ginikanwa Soludo
Akposb
theorbiters
Oke Princewill Omoyemi
simonhabby
REB3L
ROYALER
ADJAIN
therock5555
rawjunc1
lionize
olusharp
Olakunle Ologunro
ezicat
drachael
GODWINGODSON
mobsync
ruffhandu
martin92
OMA4U
Fabian09
diamondwriter
IGITee
mrfils
eillo
shugaryme
iamsegsy
awesomeb1783
spacefreak
zuby94
pureivory
chrisviral
funmo
silas1475
chigetz
ksslib
adinije
sammoe

hello ma am a fan of yours and I would be honored if you reviewed my stories cc my topics
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by repogirl(f): 11:08am On Jan 13, 2015
GODWINGODSON:

hello ma am a fan of yours and I would be honored if you reviewed my stories cc my topics
Alright, I will take a peep when I'm less busy. smiley

1 Like

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 11:27am On Jan 13, 2015
repogirl:

StealthIdeals
Divepen
anakadrian
Ashakemi
Ginikanwa Soludo
Akposb
theorbiters
Oke Princewill Omoyemi
simonhabby
REB3L
ROYALER
ADJAIN
therock5555
rawjunc1
lionize
olusharp

Olakunle Ologunro- Kuzaku

ezicat
drachael
GODWINGODSON
mobsync
ruffhandu
martin92
OMA4U
Fabian09
diamondwriter
IGITee
mrfils
eillo
shugaryme
iamsegsy
awesomeb1783
spacefreak
zuby94
pureivory
chrisviral
funmo
silas1475
bhenehdikt
ksslib
adinije
sammoe

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 12:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
43. Hmmm... smiley
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
repogirl:

StealthIdeals
Divepen
anakadrian
Ashakemi
cykik
Akposb
theorbiters
Oke Princewill Omoyemi
simonhabby
REB3L
ROYALER
ADJAIN
therock5555
rawjunc1
lionize
olusharp
Olakunle Ologunro
ezicat
drachael
GODWINGODSON
mobsync
ruffhandu
martin92
OMA4U
Fabian09
diamondwriter
IGITee
mrfils
eillo
shugaryme
iamsegsy
awesomeb1783
spacefreak
zuby94
pureivory
chrisviral
funmo
silas1475
bhenehdikt
ksslib
adinije
sammoe

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 1:28pm On Jan 13, 2015
Repogirlie!!!! I owe you big. Thanks mama.
Muah.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by EverestdeBliu(m): 12:14am On Jan 14, 2015
repogirl:
LIST OF CONFIRMED ENTRIES

StealthIdeals
Divepen
anakadrian
Ashakemi
Ginikanwa Soludo
Akposb
theorbiters
Oke Princewill Omoyemi
simonhabby
REB3L
ROYALER
ADJAIN
therock5555
rawjunc1
lionize
olusharp
Olakunle Ologunro
ezicat
drachael
GODWINGODSON
mobsync
ruffhandu
martin92
OMA4U
Fabian09
diamondwriter
IGITee
mrfils
eillo
shugaryme
iamsegsy
awesomeb1783
spacefreak
zuby94
pureivory
chrisviral
funmo
silas1475
bhenehdikt
ksslib
adinije
sammoe

What about those who submitted on the 'challenge thread',those this depict that, theirs wasn't acknowledged?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 7:47am On Jan 14, 2015
EverestdeBliu:

What about those who submitted on the 'challenge thread',those this depict that, theirs wasn't acknowledged?
Theirs is automatically acknowledged. Don't worry, since it's already on the Challenge thread, there's no 'challenge'.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 7:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Seems like Majority of the contestant didn't take note of the theme.. but sha ma'am white, that theme dey somehow lol grin cheesy

It's really gonna be a tough battle, laughing and reading through so many OFF TOPIC but interesting stories grin
Perhaps white will change her mind and just select the sweetest story smiley
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
@chrisviral, when I said I was dissapointed you thought I was understating it, abi? Wait, you nefa see any thing yet....

Guys, that's as far as I can go tonight. Perhaps repogirl will be nice enough to continue from where I stopped. My battery's low on phone and Pc, I'm tired and slightly irritated by all the stress I have to go through to get the entries on the Challenge thread...and I've work to do.
Repo...please?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
whitemosquito:
@chrisviral, when I said I was dissapointed you thought I was understating it, abi? Wait, you nefa see any thing yet....

Guys, that's as far as I can go tonight. Perhaps repogirl will be nice enough to continue from where I stopped. My battery's low on phone and Pc, I'm tired and slightly irritated by all the stress I have to go through to get the entries on the Challenge thread...and I've work to do.
Repo...please?

Excitedly waiting.. Wait till you see my own off Topic, I feel ashame oo lol grin cheesy
For the love of 10k...
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Eillo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
whitemosquito:

Repo...please?

well, I have gone through every story posted so far. while a lot of stories were way off the theme, I think some of them captured it, albeit subtly.
Unless you had a very strict interpretation of the theme in mind, I don't think they were all that bad. pls post the rest of the stories ASAP. Tenk!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
whitemosquito:
Theirs is automatically acknowledged. Don't worry, since it's already on the Challenge thread, there's no 'challenge'.

Excuse ma, I think I have made a mistake. I tried sending my topic to your mail then but was given an error msg. I tried it up to 3times but got the same error msgs. Now, I decided to put my own on the challenge thread but changed the content it contained. Now, you have just uploaded my piece I sent to your mail whereas I have already put one on the thread. With all humility, pls ma, what should I do? Shud I modify the one I put on the thread or what?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Lionize: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello Whitemosquito,
You only posted a fraction of my story, you didn't post the other paragraphs.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
theorbiters:

Excuse ma, I think I have made a mistake. I tried sending my topic to your mail then but was given an error msg. I tried it up to 3times but got the same error msgs. Now, I decided to put my own on the challenge thread but changed the content it contained. Now, you have just uploaded my piece I sent to your mail whereas I have already put one on the thread. With all humility, pls ma, what should I do? Shud I modify the one I put on the thread or what?
Oga, no come speak grammar jere. Have you forgotten that you pleaded with me to withdraw your first entry that you just realized that you wrote off topic? Like I said before, rules are rules. I'm sorry.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lionize:
Hello Whitemosquito,
You only posted a fraction of my story, you didn't post the other paragraphs.
Lionize, that's exactly how it appears in my mail. Exactly.

You may post the entire thing on the Challenge thread.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
whitemosquito:
Oga, no come speak grammar jere. Have you forgotten that you pleaded with me to withdraw your first entry that you just realized that you wrote off topic? Like I said before, rules are rules. I'm sorry.

Okay, that was after I got the error msg. So I shud just modify the one I put on the challenge thread shey? Thanks for ur leniency.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by whitemosquito(f): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
theorbiters:

Okay, that was after I got the error msg. So I shud just modify the one I put on the challenge thread shey? Thanks for ur leniency.
No worry jor. I've modified mine.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
whitemosquito:
No worry jor. I've modified mine.

Haaa!! God bless u ma!!! Have u married? God will give you the best husband ever.
I feel like kissing ur forehead, I heard it is romantic.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
theorbiters:

Haaa!! God bless u ma!!! Have u married? God will give you the best husband ever.
I feel like kissing ur forehead, I heard it is romantic.
Are you really serious ryt nw? Dis self- serving n patronizing attitude of most Nigerians reali pisses me off lol,read wat you wrote again n ponder if twas sensible. Smdh

2 Likes

Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by theorbiters: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
fabiano09:

Are you really serious ryt nw? Dis self- serving n patronizing attitude of most Nigerians reali pisses me off lol,read wat you wrote again n ponder if twas sensible. Smdh

Lol, okay. But shouldn't have killed me like that na. I was only trying to say thank you. I am kind of new in literature section shaa. Omo you harsh gan!! And err, happy birthday bro.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Some of the rules go thus:
This edition is woven around the
New Year - the promise and
excitement it holds. Also, stories
must depict the African culture -
beliefs, festivals, systems etc -
both in narrative and plotting. @Chrisviral, writing off topic is a part of what make this a competition. Besides, it's only a drummer that has the monopoly of revealing what he tries to convey in a message. For instance, a drumming was interpreted by listeners as ''Compare and contrast the mouthparts of a weevil and that of the toll gate officer of the old Oyo emppire; no resemblance can be more striking than that''. When the drummer was called upon to defend the statement attributed to him, he said what he meant was ''I drink palmwine in Ibadan and Oyo on several occassions; the type you will be treated to by the toll gate officer of the old Oyo empire is also one of the best in town''. Whitequito said 'this edition is woven around New Year...', since she doesn't say 'this story should be woven around New Year', entrants may go ahead writing a story spiced with African culture, thereby missing one of the rules. If everyone is 100% efficient in a competition, who will be declared the winner? You also said ''because of 10,000 naira''. That statement is an insult on the sensibilities of the writers here. Some of us surf the internet with PCs; what is 10,000 naira in an amount of money that buys a healthy laptop? Anyone reading that post of yours would conclude that you are trying to tell the judges to discredit some entries that show more classical fictional promise than yours. Award is not what is in a writer's mind when he puts pen to paper.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 12:15am On Jan 15, 2015
StealthIdeals:
PROMPTS:
This edition is woven around the
New Year - the promise and
excitement it holds. Also, stories
must depict the African culture -
beliefs, festivals, systems etc -
both in narrative and plotting. @Chrisviral, writing off topic is a part of what make this a competition. Besides, it's only a drummer that has the monopoly of revealing what he tries to convey in a message. For instance, a drumming was interpreted by listeners as ''Compare and contrast the mouthparts of a weevil and that of the toll gate officer of the old Oyo emppire; no resemblance can be more striking than that''. When the drummer was called upon to defend the statement attributed to him, he said what he meant was ''I drink palmwine in Ibadan and Oyo on a daily basis; the type you will be treated to by the toll gate officer of the old Oyo empire is also one of the best in town''. Whitequito said 'this edition is woven around New Year...', since she doesn't say 'this story should be woven around New Year', entrants may go ahead writing a story spiced with African culture, thereby missing one of the rules. If everyone is 100% efficient in a competition, who will be declared the winner? You also said ''because of 10,000 naira''. That statement is an insult on the sensibilities of the writers here. Some of us surf the internet with PCs; what is 10,000 naira in an amount of money that buys a healthy laptop? Anyone reading that post of yours would conclude that you are trying to tell the judges to discredit some entries that show more classical fictional promise than yours. Award is not what is in a writer's mind when he puts pen to paper.

Hmmm
When I talked about 10k I was talking about myself, Mind you, in literature as you put, every reader has the right ti his or her opinion of piece, I don't necessarily have to agree with the author of the piece as I don't know what message he or she is trying to convey!
Maybe I saw the wrong Message!
Like I say I saw beautiful stories, creative and nice piece but most off them were off topic if really we are going by the theme of the new year and it's promises!

Anyway sha, If my post must have come across as insults to those who use laptop and search the Internet, Chris is apologising, I was only stating my opinion, no name was called!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 15, 2015
chrisviral:

Hmmm

Anyway sha, If my post must have come across as insults to those who use laptop and search the Internet, Chris is apologising, I was only stating my opinion, no name was called!
@emboldened.
Madman grin
Ayamlaykorn
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by chrisviral(m): 7:24am On Jan 15, 2015
laykorn:

@emboldened.
Madman grin
Ayamlaykorn

grin grin
Good Morning!
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 7:30am On Jan 15, 2015
I see... Caracta cheesy
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Lionize: 8:49am On Jan 15, 2015
whitemosquito:
Lionize, that's exactly how it appears in my mail. Exactly.

You may post the entire thing on the Challenge thread.

Ok Whitemosquito,
I have done that. My sent item actually shows all. Thanks all the same.
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Caracta(f): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Oahray:
I see... Caracta cheesy

Huh?
Re: About Whitey's Flash Fiction Challenge *comment Thread* by Oahray: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2015
Caracta:

Huh?
hmmm... It haf reach like that? sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Love, No Inhibitions / Circle Of Three. / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.