Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,548 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? (1436 Views)

Yusuf Buhari And Sisters Attend His Best Friend's Graduation In Dubai (Photos) / Fashola Should Stop Running His Mouth, He’s A Product Of God- Fatherism–ayo Fayo / Fashola Should Stop Running His Mouth, He’s A Product Of God-fatherism–ayo Fayos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by tbaba1234: 9:26am On Dec 25, 2014
I think so... There is a lot more swag and style to his campaign. This seems to be an attempt to connect with the youth. He has not done ridiculous things like comparing himself to Mandela or Martin Luther King.

I am very impressed by his campaign thus far but is it enough? Time will tell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 9:34am On Dec 25, 2014
So far so good.

There is more determination and the fact that he is more accepted in the Southern region than in his previous outings, he and his team know they have to do the needful. He now uses twitter, dresses to suit occasions, interacts more with the youths, communicates more frequently with Nigerians and a whole of changes.

I wish Nigeria well in electing him as the next president.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2014
Bros Nobi by swag.it is by February14 2015,we will actually know how good the campaign really was

4 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by tomakint: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2014
I don't get it! As far as I am concerned, there is nothing Buhari is doing now that he didn't do then in 2011 his 'so-called general acceptability among youths up North and in Southwest' was crowd-pulling (especially among Moslems and even few Christians), thanks to his then running mate Pastor Tunde Bakare and their forthright electioneering campaign. Unfortunately, Jonathan's visible projects across the Country will still save the day for Jonathan's re-election!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by tbaba1234: 9:59am On Dec 25, 2014
tomakint:
I don't get it! As far as I am concerned, there is nothing Buhari is doing now that he didn't do then in 2011 his 'so-called general acceptability among youths up North and in Southwest' was crowd-pulling (especially among Moslems and even few Christians), thanks to his then running mate Pastor Tunde Bakare and their forthright electioneering campaign. Unfortunately, Jonathan's visible projects across the Country will still save the day for Jonathan's re-election!

Jonathan's acceptability has dropped, due to the blatant corruption in his government and his unwillingness/inability to tackle it.
I expect a closer election.

8 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by anonimi: 10:12am On Dec 25, 2014
tomakint:

Actually if the PDP can get a PR team half as good as what the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC have we should be talking about a landslide win for Jonathan based on his performance in the past 4 & half years!

Big question is can PDP get the professionalism needed to carefully and consistently highlight these HIGH IMPACT achievements that have touched the lives of so many ordinary Nigerians instead of useless old fat men like Okupe INSINUATING that the president be compared with Jesus Christ shocked

Nigerian politics has advanced, in the last 16 years of democracy, beyond the old crude methods that PDP is used to!
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2014
Jonathan Goodluck has all the chance in the world to make the game and campaign one only he can play

Even he Jonathan knows that over 70% of Nigerian population are less than 40years old.

Jonathan is 56 contesting against a 72year old. He can play the game in such a way that Buhari just can not keep up because he can make it obvious how less in tune with the time Buhari is.

Jonathan has visible programmes and achievement he can boast of all around the country. He just needs to ditch his etibo and hart sometimes, appear in business suits more often, go on TV more often and talk about his programs/achievements and most importantly quickly sign into at least one debate where he will stand side by side with Buhari and let Nigerians choose.

The message is simple. The progress is not as fast as I Jonathan would like it, but an imperfect progress is better than 30years of retrogression. We have to move forward not backward.

The message will resonate with Nigerian youths all across the country!

3 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 10:41am On Dec 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

Jonathan's acceptability has dropped, due to the blatant corruption in his government and his unwillingness/inability to tackle it.

Please expect a closer election as you like but don't expect GEJ to win this election if conducted in a free and fair process.

4 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

Please expect a closer election as you like but don't expect GEJ to win this election if conducted in a free and fair process.

the only thing I see in this post is:

If Buhari wins then the election is free and fair

If GEJ wins then the election must have been rigged

This is a very ridiculous mindset

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 25, 2014
tomakint:
Buhari didn't have 14 governors behind him in 2011

6 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by anonimi: 11:12am On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

Who are also Mr. Clean, Anti-Corruption like he CLAIMS to be, not so grin

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U7aikWNKMU][/url]
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 25, 2014
What is actually pushing for Buhari is the passion and drive of his supporters in the street especially across south. Many supporters have taken it upon themselves to rebrand brand Buhari and make him understood by the electorates. The 14 governors and party chiefs also contributed a lot but some of them have their baggages. All in all, it is Buhari's time to shine. Sai Muhammadu buhari

2 Likes

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 11:16am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

[url=

We need all the support, even from the devil, to rescue Nigeria from the PDP cabals hopelessness. Not so
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by anonimi: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

We need all the support, even from the devil, to rescue Nigeria from the PDP cabals hopelessness. Not so

Yes I fully agree with you. Let's pass from one crude set of cabal to a WORSE pretending lot of cabals made up of the rejected, recycled by-products of the other cabal group as to be a WASTE basket.

Na your suggestion sure pass, wise man grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 11:24am On Dec 25, 2014
mikeansy:

the only thing I see in this post is:

If Buhari wins then the election is free and fair

If GEJ wins then the election must have been rigged

This is a very ridiculous mindset

It is not ridiculous mindset because:

PDP has been known to have rigged in previous elections in unprecedented scales. So we know what they're capable of doing.

Realistically judging by what is on the grounds, GEJ cannot win the next election freely and fairly.

Are you even kidding me? Why won't I believe that PDP has already planned to rig if the Lagos chapter has already pledged to deliver a certain number of votes (5.9 million pledged out of 6.2 million registered voters)?

Wake up from your slumber mister!
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by tomakint: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

Yes Oby, however, you should factor in the goodwill Jonathan still commands in those 14 States courtesy of visible projects carried out in those places and for the party he represents, PDP . Jonathan will poll more than 25% votes in more 5 States from those 14 States and will likely win in 4 (Oyo, Lagos, Nasarawa and Kwara) leaving the old General with 10. You can quote me on this!
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 11:27am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

Yes I fully agree with you. Let's pass from one crude set of cabal to a WORSE pretending lot of cabals made up of the rejected, recycled by-products of the other cabal group as to be a WASTE basket.

Na your suggestion sure pass, wise man grin

Don't worry, APC refines politicians and the flag bearers are very very clean. That's my point and I'm ready to listen to your own suggestion on how we can rescue the country from PDP's directionless, visionless and corruption personified regime.
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

[url=

Not the subject of discussion
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by omenka(m): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

Abeg ignore that dude. Even if the difference slapped him in the face, he wouldn't see it. He is hardwired not to see it.

And someone up there admits Jonathan's PR team is a complete assemblage of trash. Why not, when you have people in the likes of Liebaran Muku, Doyin Okupe, Oliesa Metro, Reuben Agbati, Tompolo, Boyloaf, Asari Dokuba, Ayo BlingBling-Jafor, Wicked Wike, Reno O'fvckery, and of course his favourite chuhwahwa Femi Fanny Kayode!

And whatever happened to the imported PR guys paid millions of dollars to launder the president's image? I bet they realised what a terrible product he is. Marketing it must have been the most difficult task they've ever had to deal with.

#Sai Buhari-Osinbajo!
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2014
Are you insinuating that the governors will give Buhari the votes? okay, just watch as rivers state goes to Gej. A state that the governor sponsors APC and is even their campaign director. Or do you think imo state and Edo state will go to Buhari? Even Tinubu would find it harder this time to deliver Lagos Gubernatorially to Ambode, not to even talk of presidential elections.

Only kano, sokoto that has always been for Buhari, even without the governors influence before, will still go for Buhari. Election is in a Months time. Just watch what happens.
Obiagelli:

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Citadelb0t: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

Actually if the PDP can get a PR team half as good as what the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC have we should be talking about a landslide win for Jonathan based on his performance in the past 4 & half years!

Big question is can PDP get the professionalism needed to carefully and consistently highlight these HIGH IMPACT achievements that have touched the lives of so many ordinary Nigerians instead of useless old fat men like Okupe INSINUATING that the president be compared with Jesus Christ shocked

Nigerian politics has advanced, in the last 16 years of democracy, beyond the old crude methods that PDP is used to!

The one you are doing for them is bad. It seems PDP is owing you recently cos you have been posting off topic recently. No be easy job you dey do bros

1 Like

Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by tomakint: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
PassingShot:

Don't be desperate and uneasy unnecessarily, this Jonathan you love to hate shall still be your President till 2019!
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by PassingShot(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
tomakint:

Don't be desperate and uneasy unnecessarily, this Jonathan you love to hate shall still be your President till 2019!

I can as well tell you the same. But time shall tell.
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obiagelli:

OK add 14 to his 12 million votes and what difference does that make?

He still has approximately 12 million votes to the nearest million.

BUHARI will not win cosmopolitan Lagos because of Fashola
Buhari will not defeat son of the soil Jonathan in Edo/Rivers because of Amaechi and Oshiomole
Buhari will not tamper with the Iron Cast alliance between GEJ and the Igbos because of Okorocha. In fact APC will lose Imo State in Feb.

Buhari will still lose in the South. There is a reason he has not won any southern states in the last 3 elections.

A coalition of southern votes and north central votes will see Jonathan through. Even though I can see Jonathan beating Buhari in some core Northern states too
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Adminisher: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

What performance?. Take a sheet of paper and subtract the infrastructure and programmes put in place by state governors and you realize they have taken you for a ride. The only thing I have for Jonathan are Agric A+ and Railways B-. All the rest are F9 including security.
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Adminisher: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
mikeansy:

OK add 14 to his 12 million votes and what difference does that make?

He still has approximately 12 million votes to the nearest million.

BUHARI will not win cosmopolitan Lagos because of Fashola
Buhari will not defeat son of the soil Jonathan in Edo/Rivers because of Amaechi and Oshiomole
Buhari will not tamper with the Iron Cast alliance between GEJ and the Igbos because of Okorocha. In fact APC will lose Imo State in Feb.

Buhari will still lose in the South. There is a reason he has no won any southern states in the last 3 elections.

A coalition of southern votes and north central votes will see Jonathan through. Even though I can see Jonathan beating Buhari in some core Northern states too

Buhari is taking the entire SW and Edo and will make inroads into SE and SS. Northern PDP and APC governors in the North will be unwilling, unable and scared to rig for him as they did in 2011. Lagos is still APC and Jonathan is no son of the soil in Edo and Rivers.
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Adminisher: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2014
tbaba1234:

I expect a landslide for Buhari. You are already hinting at it already. Jonathan probably has more projects completed now than he had in 2011 yet you are expecting a ''close election''. Please admit it. The ship has sailed Buhari-wards and we should prepare for a change of government in February.
Re: Is Buhari Running His Best Campaign?? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
@tbaba,so you support democracy?upon all your long posts on nairaland,repent.

(1) (Reply)

2015: The National Association Of Nigerian Witches And Wizards Endorse Goodluck / Apc Is Sharing Rice At Obalende rt now-see people! / Revealed!!!muhammadu Buhari:a Definition Of Corruption And Integrity By Ena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.