Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why Not A .NG Tld? - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Not A .NG Tld? (6085 Views)

Registering Nigerian TLD .ng / Which Tld Is Better .com / Com.ng / Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by esosa4real(m): 4:31am On Dec 21, 2008
Broadas, pls is ita ctually possible to buy a domain name with your regular Webhosting and doman name company, and still acquire the .Ng, i ask because i buy domain name and webhosting @ www.liquidnethosting.com and they are really good, but need 2 acquire a .ng domain name.
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by OmniPotens(m): 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2008
They are different domain names and as such will have their different CP so you can upload to the different servers. If I make a mistake here, I stand to be corrected please.
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by Seton(m): 9:53pm On Dec 21, 2008
I am yet to see any host will say they will not host a particular domain unless it is stated in their terms, but what i think you can do is to ask whether the hosting plan you bought can accomodate many domains, if yes, you can just buy the .ng and still host with the same hosting plan you have but when registering the .ng remember to put the correct Nameservers given to you by your host. It good to hear that guys are beginning to embrace this .ng boom, i seriously think nitda and nira do not disappoint some of us that are trying encourage it
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by OmniPotens(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2008
We'll wait until they start off by next year as said here. All service protocols, qualities and anything will be brought to book here, I promise you that because I'm really interested in it.
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by esosa4real(m): 12:11pm On Feb 12, 2009
please guys, i have actually registered at the nira website provided here, but really whats the real process as in is it free? or i have to pay somewhere along the line and one of their requirements is verifying from the actual owners of the company website or sumthing, this is confusing cos i am making a website and i need .ng, but i got the website job from a third party, who is a friend, so how do they verify? wish u guys understand?
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by OmniPotens(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
Has this service really started running or is anything still hanging them on the line?
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by agboifo(f): 1:09pm On Feb 27, 2009
No, registration is still manual for now, but it's much faster.  It's gone down to a max of 24 hours.  If you want one send me an email to domains AT netregit.com.ng

Cheers
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by esosa4real(m): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
hello agboifo, please any info on the .ng domain now?? i would be glad if yall tell cos the demand is geting high now.
Thanks.
Re: Why Not A .NG Tld? by agboifo(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
In case anybody comes here through a search. .ng domain registration has long been automated. Please visit http://nira.org.ng and choose a registrar. Your domain registration should be instantaneous upon payment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fully Managed Semi VPS Server for High Traffic Sites - WordPress, e-Commerce etc / Sunnewsonline.com / How Can I Develop An SMS Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.