Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! (1691 Views)

Rivers Violent Rerun: Ben Llewellyn-Jones Asks Very Interesting Question / The Mother US Journalist Being Held ISS Made An Emotional Video Appeal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by gadogado(m): 7:36am On Dec 11, 2008
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by gadogado(m): 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2008
thats a true patriot!!!if only nigerians were like him, we would be at par with malaysia in development by now
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by cre8tivity(f): 11:53pm On Dec 11, 2008
very interesting indeed. i hear accountability, nobody is above the law, obeying the rule of law, respect for our country/ people and going after the people at the top. should i start asking questions or we all already know the questions?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by cre8tivity(f): 12:08am On Dec 12, 2008
@poster, many other nigerians including myself have also done many video interviews in the past regarding developing and moving nigeria out of darkness. the difference here is: some people believe in "do as i say and not as i do", while others prefer "do as i do". which side do you belong to?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 12, 2008
aunty creatie, leave ribadu alone na? if the guy know say na like this thinsg to go turn out him for no take the job in the first place
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by cre8tivity(f): 12:15am On Dec 12, 2008
any attorney would tell you that this video alone could be used to prosecute ribadu.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by earTHMama: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2008

thats a true patriot!!!if only nigerians were like him, we would be at par with malaysia in development by now

I agree with you but it will be better if you tell your northern brothers that pay back what they stole from our coffers. Without the North, southern Nigeria would have been like malaysia now. I read you were looking for me in your yeye picture thread, you were lucky I was in limbo then.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Muza(m): 12:22am On Dec 12, 2008
earthmama where are you from?
don't be ashamed grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by earTHMama: 12:25am On Dec 12, 2008

earthmama where are you from?
don't be ashamed
shocked shocked
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Muza(m): 12:29am On Dec 12, 2008
cheesy grin lol grin cheesy
ashamed to say where you are from.

DCP Nuhu,you hav finished the hide and seek grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by earTHMama: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2008
ashamed to say where you are from.

DCP Nuhu,you hav finished the hide and seek

Get behind me you nomad. undecided
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Moves: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2008
cre8tivity:

@poster, many other nigerians including myself have also done many video interviews in the past regarding developing and moving nigeria out of darkness. the difference here is: some people believe in "do as i say and not as i do", while others prefer "do as i do". which side do you belong to?
Send us a link please; And u should ask urself this same question? what camp do u belong to?
Admit if the guy wasn't doing something right; global TV station wouldnt give him an ear, Admit the Guy tried but might now had reached ur very high expectations.

Very Good Interview; an insight into what the man is about; atleast until proven otherwise
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 12, 2008
creativity no get work

keep on protecting your father's loot, when the time is right, he will be caught

do as I do = steal as I steal

mumu
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by gadogado(m): 9:37pm On Dec 12, 2008
@crea8ivity, you are 'as far as i can tell from reading all the rubbish you've been writing' an slowpoke. you dont love nigeria coz if you did,you'd definately realize the fact that no single person in the history of nigeria has gone after corrupt 'powerful' people like AIG Nuhu Ribadu. He is a true patriot. apart from buhari/idiagbon,who prosecuted and jailed powerful figures guilty of corruption in nigeria. we have a blessed country but corruption is murdering nigerians day in day out and monsters like you are obviously supporters of corruption. Let me tell you something, by the grace of almighty God, you and ibori and co will not succeed in turning us into a failed nation solely because of your monsterous greed. How is it possible for anyone to see ribadu and say that he is a bad man.if he only went after political opponents of obj as you and muza keep insinuating,were they not guilty?were they not neck deep in looting and siphoning public money? as a matter of fact, were most of the governors he went after not members of the PDP,same party as obj?is ibori not a member of the PDP along with obj?how was ibori a political opponent of obj to the extent he (obj) wanted him jailed?you should think before writing rubbish. Ribadu went after corruption and tackled it to the best of his ability and people like you dont even have the decency to give him the credit and recognition he deserves.its a shame!
ribadu is a true patriot and he is not guilty of any wrong doing,he did not jail innocent people,if your father or relative was jailed,then they were guilty and you have to accept the fact that your family is corrupt and dirty. ribadu helped naija's int'l image among many other things. Inshallah,we'll get rid of people with your mentality in naija so we can finally progress. you keep yapping about how he is egocentric,what concerns you with his ego? i wonder,you should be looking at his performance.why should he not fight for his right?if he was duely promoted by a serving commander in cheif,how is that illegal?everywhere in the world,there is double promotion reserved for people that have shown exceptional effort and if anybody is an epitomy of "exceptional,extraordinary,zelous" then it is ribadu.and who says he should sit by and watch envious and devious "big men" snatch away what he rightfully earned? internationally recognized and globally respected is what ribadu is today.like it or not.so you and muza are saying that he should allow the big men/ogas to ruin him and conspire against him?why?get serious.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by cre8tivity(f): 1:45am On Dec 13, 2008
thanks love.
i just hope that everyone remembers that we had this dicussion.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Mamajama(m): 3:53am On Dec 13, 2008
@cre8tivity Ive told you to stick to smoking that chin chin ching. as a lawyer i can tell you there was nothing tangible or incriminating in that interview.

Please list 4 facts that you can indict RIBADU on from watching that interview?

was it the fact that he plan on going against your hero's and people that stole from Nigerian?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by olanajim(m): 9:45am On Dec 13, 2008
It is amazing how things work in Nigeria. Few days ago, the EFCC launched an anti coruption campaign in Abuja. I watched helplessly as the past acheivements of EFCC were noted. I also noted that everyone on the podium agreed that EFCC need to take tough stance against corruption. This is not bad.

Now consider the following facts:

1. All these past achievements were handiworks of Ribadu. I am yet to hear a single case of high profile corruption being concluded by the present leadership.

2. While the govt sing anti corruption mantra, the hero of the fight is no more safe in his own country, yet govt kept talking about rule of law.
3. The programme that was launched is to me another charade meant to divert public fund. It will be noted that Ribadu had earlier launched the same project under "Fix Nigeria" project during his tenure. Whatever happen to continuity?

@cre8tivity, muza,
I have followed your fight against Ribadu and I thoroughly enjoyed your arguments, at least for academic purpose. I want to get a clearer picture of the whole message hence I would love you to answer the following questions:
1. Are you one of the victims of Ribadu high handedness? Where are you when Ribadu was the EFCC chairman?
2. What exactly did you mean by accountability? Had Ribadu been convicted of mismanagement of public funds?
3. When you voice your opposition against his refusal to wear police uniform, were you aware the case was in court? If he wear the new rank, he spoil his case in court, if he were the old rank, he violates the police law, so wearing mufti is the best for him. I am aware that advice came from his Lawyers. Could you tell me whether police law is supreme to Nigerian constitution or what? Even the millitary Laws know their limit.
4. How many of the seleted official conficted by Ribadu have been found innocence? And how many of Obj friends had been convicted after Ribadu left office?

Please be honest in your replies.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by Muza(m): 12:00am On Dec 14, 2008
olanajim:

It is amazing how things work in Nigeria. Few days ago, the EFCC launched an anti coruption campaign in Abuja. I watched helplessly as the past acheivements of EFCC were noted. I also noted that everyone on the podium agreed that EFCC need to take tough stance against corruption. This is not bad.

Now consider the following facts:

1. All these past achievements were handiworks of Ribadu. I am yet to hear a single case of high profile corruption being concluded by the present leadership.

2. While the govt sing anti corruption mantra, the hero of the fight is no more safe in his own country, yet govt kept talking about rule of law.
3. The programme that was launched is to me another charade meant to divert public fund. It will be noted that Ribadu had earlier launched the same project under "Fix Nigeria" project during his tenure. Whatever happen to continuity?

@cre8tivity, muza,
I have followed your fight against Ribadu and I thoroughly enjoyed your arguments, at least for academic purpose. I want to get a clearer picture of the whole message hence I would love you to answer the following questions:
1. Are you one of the victims of Ribadu high handedness? Where are you when Ribadu was the EFCC chairman?
2. What exactly did you mean by accountability? Had Ribadu been convicted of mismanagement of public funds?
3. When you voice your opposition against his refusal to wear police uniform, were you aware the case was in court? If he wear the new rank, he spoil his case in court, if he were the old rank, he violates the police law, so wearing mufti is the best for him. I am aware that advice came from his Lawyers. Could you tell me whether police law is supreme to Nigerian constitution or what? Even the millitary Laws know their limit.
4. How many of the seleted official conficted by Ribadu have been found innocence? And how many of Obj friends had been convicted after Ribadu left office?

Please be honest in your replies.

Let me answer you questions.

1.No,i am not a victim of Ribadu,none of my friends or relatives were victims too.
2.no,at least not yet.
3.Are you aware of the police act?
4.Obj's friends convicted after ribadu include:Bode George,Fani Kayode,Borishade,Kenny Martins more are on the verge of being prosecuted. . .
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by olanajim(m): 9:30am On Dec 14, 2008
To number 2, if no, not yet, why are you concluding that he is corrupt and running away from probe?

To number 3: are you saying that police act is superior to Nigerian constitution? For instance, there is this idiotic public order Act being used by police to prevent peace rally. It had been around for decades. Yet, it contradict the constitutional provision for freedom of expression and association. The Nigerian police tenciously stick to it, until supreme coart ruled that NO LAW OR ACT OR DEGREE CAN OVERIDE THE CONSTITUTION.

The same thing happen when INEC tried to limit the number of political parties in Nigeria. In short, police act can be ignored if it clash with the Nigerian constitution.

To number 4; were you aware that Bode George probe started during Obj tenure, and that Ribadu himself recommended his trial? Were you also aware that it was Ribadu that publicize the fraud? If not, please google it up.

As for fani kayode, their own corruption case were blown open during yar'adua tenure. At the time Ribadu was battling for stability, you don't expect him to be looking for fraudsters, and more evidence, do you? By the way, Bode George, Fani Kayode, Iyabo Obasanjo are on trial, they have not been conficted. They are walking the street confidently, and enjoying their loots because they know that this govt will eventually dump the case. Watchout!

Finally you have not answer my question on how many people that Ribadu convicted had been found innocence.

And how many of those he accused of corruption are clean?

How many of obj friends had been CONVICTED. Even fg, in the light of 16b dollar power fraud, is still treating obj as a mentor! Why?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by IykeD1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2008

any attorney would tell you that this video alone could be used to prosecute ribadu.

Hmm, I wonder the type of attorneys you are refferring to, may one of those that is
keeping Odili and co. out of jail today?

I take it that somehow you are insinuating that a man who was whisked out of his own
graduation ceremony by the police, and who have not being paid a salary by the police
in months is so powerful, and such a threat to Nigeria's democracy that he has to be
made to submit to "rule of law"? Hmm, come to think of it, I wonder how powerful that
same man would have been had he decided to keep a fraction (say 5%) of the $5.6 billion
he helped recovered for the country?

This guy is indeed a true patriot. On a personal note, my hope for Nigeria this past couple
of years was due to the EFCC and Ngozi. Fast forward a few years later, It goes without
saying that my current lack of hope for Nigeria is a reflection of how such a patriot is being
treated. As someone said, isn't it ironic that Yar Adua and Waziri are launching a program
and mouthing off about the EFCC why the person that risked his life to build the EFCC is under
assault and left to worry about his personal safety.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by cre8tivity(f): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
during those days, adedibu's supporters did the same thing to show their support. when certain people were calling for adedibu to be arrested, many of his supporters just like you guys came out heavily crying and saying "how could you arrest this wonderful man. a man that feeds many and represents the main pilar of ibadan land". many also referred to him as a true patriot that was ready to die for his country. but the main point is: it doesn't matter what you've done or trying to do for the country, the rules and regulatios must still be obeyed at all time.
we can not have separate rules for ribadu because he's your hero. we must understand that there is noone bigger than nigeria as our country. and we are not saying ribadu did not try his best as the chairman of efcc. the problem we have with ribadu is not willing or wanting to obey the rules like you and i. any country that wants to move forward to bigger and better things should never allow this rubbish to take place. what do you think would happen to our country if we have another 20m holy-saints citizens in the country that are feeling too special and pulling the same stunt as ribadu? any citizen that doesn't want to obey the rules and regulations should be treated like a criminal. it is that simple. for those of you that see nothing wrong with ribadu's latest stunts, ribadu is now moving away from you people. he's now working on submitting/ admitting to his mistakes.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 15, 2008
Creativity
We are going to charge you for Jos Mayhem bcoz of your statements.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Video Interview With Us Journalist: Very Interesting! by gadogado(m): 12:25am On Dec 16, 2008
@crea8ivity
Adedibu is a different case, he was more or less the same as mugabe!! he was a crook and rigged elections. he removed ladoja from govt. for not giving him his dues (public money) as per his godfather and all. how can you even compare adedibu to ribadu, what law or rules did ribadu refuse to obey? when they sent him on a course to nipss, didnt he go? even though he knew it was a ploy to get him out of the position. but that was not enough, that theif ibori wanted more so they wanted to demote him? but why? coz he was illegally promoted? but he was promoted by the commander in cheif (obj) on special recognition and that is lawful.so the regulations say that unless he does something wrong,he cant be demoted,you cant just demote an AIG coz you feel like it or can you??the fact is they have no real justification to demote him so it is they that are not going by the rules.he is fighting for his right, why should they be allowed to conspire and harm him, his career and the position and rank he clearly earned.

(1) (Reply)

Balancing State Creations In Nigeria / Going Back To Nigeria - If He Can So can we, Nids. / GCON-Grand Crook Of The Order Of Niger, Nigeria National Dishonour Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.