Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:29 AM

Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President (1752 Views)

Prof. Joy Ogwu Now President Of UN Security Council / Saraki To VP: "I Cannot Be Summoned By A 'Mere Commissioner" - SaharaReporters / Jonathan Is Now President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by KnowAll(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2009
Yuguda seems to have been penciled down to be Jonathan's VP if making the VP to resign might lead to anarchy, the view is Yuguda should understurdy Jonathan  for 1/1/2 years  in which he will be positioned to take the mantle for the PDP with James Ibori being his VP.  This plan will only come to fruition if they cannot convince the VP to resign.

OBJ according to the report below has move some of its operational base to Abuja and he is pushing for the Jigawa Governor to be Jonathan's  VP.

Following Yar’Adua’s admission, for the first time, of a life-threatening condition, the battle for the soul of Nigerian politics has now broken out in two cities on two continents: Jeddah and Abuja, with Abuja as the epicenter.

In Abuja, a group loyal to Yar’Adua, led by his Chief Economic Adviser, Tanimu Kurfi and Abba Ruma has sworn to frustrate any talk of handing over of power to Yar’adua’s vice, Goodluck Jonathan.  Even though Jonathan Goodluck claims publicly that everything is okay with him, people knowledgeable about his status told Saharareporters that the report in The Punch newspaper of November 28 that he is being threatened with forced resignation is completely truthful.

Meanwhile, a splinter segment of the pro-Yar’Adua group, led by James Ibori, has moved to Dubai.  Ibori has been operational there since Thursday, and his plan is to keep in close contact with Yar’Adua in Saudi Arabia and help coordinate the anti-Goodluck forces outside the shores of Nigeria. This group has also vowed to convince Yar’Adua not to hand over power. They calculate that Yar’Adua would be superficially healthy enough to return to Nigeria in December or early in 2010 without officially handing over to Goodluck Jonathan. Ibori, who seems to have been assured by someone in the current administration that he will never be convicted for any of his corruption and money-laundering cases, is eyeing the Vice Presidency in 2011, either under Yar’Adua or someone else from the north. 

Late last night, the Abuja pro-Yar’Adua group sent an emissary directly to Jeddah to meet with Yar’Adua in the hospital. The group comprises three persons: Yar’Adua’s son-in-law, Isah Yuguda, businessman Aliko Dangote, and the governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki.  They arrived in Jeddah but our source said a face-to-face meeting had not taken place by the close of today. Isah Yuguda is being positioned to become Jonathan’s VP in case Yar’Adua resigns.

Another group of political manoeuvres is led by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who discreetly moved to Abuja last night to start working quietly with Jonathan.  That group proposes that should Yar’Adua not make it back to power, Jonathan Goodluck should choose Jigawa State Governor, Sule Lamido, as his deputy.

The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is also considering conducting their presidential primaries in June next year, a few months earlier than scheduled. It is now almost certain that Yar’Adua cannot be a candidate in the 2011 elections, but his supporters are hell-bent on propping him in place until the PDP can conduct its primaries in 2010.

Meanwhile, in Jeddah, Yar’Adua is surrounded by his immediate family, his daughters, wife as well as the governor of Katsina State, Ibrahim Shema. Turai, it is known, is determined that her husband remain in office.

But the true state of his health remains shrouded in high secrecy following the leak in a local Saudi newspaper last week which forced his doctor and aides to partially reveal his immediate condition.  It did not escape Nigerians that the announcement did not reveal the full story about other conditions Yar’Adua is suffering from, or their possible consequences. 

SOURCE - SAHARA REPORTERS
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by amarilo: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2009
I see a military strike, and bloodshed.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by kokoA(m): 10:25am On Nov 30, 2009
lipsrsealed I dey siddon look.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by KnowAll(m): 11:04am On Nov 30, 2009
What if the North hatch a plan of making Jonathan President later on bring up a trump up allegation of fraud, embezzlement on him whilst at the helms of affairs in Bayelsa State, we all know there no saints amongst our Political Elites.

Invariably with evidence of wrong doing clear as day light, Jonathan will qualify as a candidate for Impeachment thereby making Yuguda the Crown Prince of Aso Rock
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by elegal1(f): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2009
This is so interesting, i wonder why ibb is not yet scheming yet to decide who gets power.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Caringpro(f): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2009
God has a way of bringing His children from captivity.Lets all watch as these drama unfold. The North is yet to come to terms that God is not happy with what they are doing with the project called Nigeria
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hogwash!!
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by KnowAll(m): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2009
Hogwash!!

How is it Hogwash, are you saying the scenerio descibed in that report cannot happen or what !! undecided
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Kobojunkie: 2:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
KnowAll:

Hogwash!!

How is it Hogwash, are you saying the scenerio descibed in that report cannot happen or what !! undecided

I mean if ( and I mean a gynormous IF) it happens as described above, then we should all accept that  ALL Nigerians(Not matter where they reside) are FOOLS and nothing more! We are talking of a nation of over 140 million people here.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 30, 2009
Na democracy be this?
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by KnowAll(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2009
I mean if ( and I mean a gynormous IF) it happens as described above, then we should all accept that ALL Nigerians(Not matter where they reside) are FOOLS and nothing more! We are talking of a nation of over 140 million people here.

You can imagine 2 families or even one family becos Yuguda family = Yardua Family monopolising a post 149,999,998 can only dream off.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by saintade01(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
Gods, into thy hands we commit our spirits embarassed
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by OAM4J: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2009
For now, I will continue to 'sidon look', fingers crossed & see how it will all end. Nigeria I hail thee!!!
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by bawomolo(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I mean if ( and I mean a gynormous IF) it happens as described above, then we should all accept that ALL Nigerians(Not matter where they reside) are FOOLS and nothing more! We are talking of a nation of over 140 million people here.

I know right, why would anyone vote in James Ibori as VP?
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Nov 30, 2009
I have always said time bomb is all that they were doing and the plug will be pulled soon.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by honeric01(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2009
Nothing like that's going to happen, they are all dreaming, so Nigerians would just sit and watch abi?
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2009
honeric01:

Nothing like that's going to happen, they are all dreaming, so Nigerians would just sit and watch abi?

hasn`t Nigerians been sitting and watching all these years? so what will be different this time?
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by honeric01(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hasn`t Nigerians been sitting and watching all these years? so what will be different this time?

Because we have more sensible people around now!
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by MrCrackles(m): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2009
Sizing up the action. . . .Patiently
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are definitely right that we have, but one would think we have all tasted enough of this bull and are ready for something new and better for ourselves. But you never know, we are speaking of a country where just about anything seems to happen.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 6:47pm On Nov 30, 2009
honeric01:

Because we have more sensible people around now!

Waoh . . . .
Did i hear you say sensible people?
They imposed a sick man over Nigerians and nothing happened
Sanusi had so much fun by making banking sector a joke, nothing happened
OBJ has spents billions of $$ on power and yet no light, nothing happened
Abacha`s son is being positioned to run Nigeria and nothing happened.
Oshimole or whatever his name is has been in power for a while now and no change in his state, nothing happened
ibori is having fun and nothing happened.

So tell me what are sensible about people that we have around today . . . . . .nothing
I will tell you wat, we are just bunch of noise maker and read me well, cos i am included
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by NIGboi(m): 6:48pm On Nov 30, 2009
, ticking time bomb, Nigeria must be be sitting on a time bomb about to explode. thot we had a constitution in this country.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 6:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You are definitely right that we have, but one would think we have all tasted enough of this bull and are ready for something new and better for ourselves. But you never know, we are speaking of a country where just about anything seems to happen.

My brother, i just tire jare.
I ave seen so many people on Nairaland political section that said OBJ achived something while in office cos he sign GSM into law . . . so since then, dont even expect too much anymore, cos people seems to have developed better ways to deal with their poverty, by getting used to it.
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2009
N.I.Gboi:

, ticking time bomb, Nigeria must be be sitting on a time bomb about to explode. thot we had a constitution in this country.

ofcourse we have a constitution, but what is constitution when the people that think they have power are stil around, imagine OBJ moving to Abuja to decide the future of Nigeria, what a lame duck, someone that was in the office for 8 years and nothing done, someone that gave us a sick puppy as a leader and yet he now wanna decide what is next.
I guess now he will give us his daughter soon . . . . .what a joke of a nation
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2009
@poster
there is no link to this story. i checked sahara reporters no such story. pls lets stop spreading false rumours. angry
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by KnowAll(m): 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Radiant(f): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2009
I will join the lookers train cheesy What a joke shocked
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by ozalogbo: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2009
My earnest prayer is that God wll keep the president so he ends this tenure. Otherwise, the issues involved are delicate and complex. Our ideas and comments especially on forums as this, are very different from realities on groud
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by snowdrops(m): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2009
Yawn
Double yawn
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Fhemmmy: 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2009
Lol
Re: Yardua's Wants To Keep It In The Family -Yuguda Positioned To VP Now& President by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 01, 2009
Neither Turai nor Yuguda will replace Yar'adua

Nigeria is not Togo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Northerner MUGU or MUMU remove Western Niger(Edo,delta,Yorubas)to Benin Rep / Jonathan Should Stop Naming Ethnic Groups In The North And Sw / How To Disperse A Crowd Of Angry Nigerian Youth (Parody feat. Goodluck Jonathan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.