Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (29333 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / First Step Of Rebuilding The 3rd Temple after 2,000 years / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
No it doesn't belong the the catholic Church they stole it, laying their claims on the manuscripts the disciples wrote about Christ centuries ago. Not allowing the world to see the hidden secrets of the truth these manuscripts had.
The Catholic Church translated the bible into a Latin language, only because they didn't want the world to know the truths about Christ Himself.
It was Men and women who had some schooling understood the Latin language-had risks their lives-knowing if they were caught the Catholic Church will burn them to the steak-or murder them another way.
It was only because they understood the manuscripts, they had found the hidden secrets what the manuscripts had to offer, they continual'ed to rewrite the books in languages we all know. And this book is now called the bible.
If it wasn't for these men and women who had risks their lives, we would be still, living in the dark ages.

Quote>The word of Christ is living and shinning in the whole universe and is accessible to anyone who truly wishes, without human intervention.
What you are not understanding is-even thru you believe the word of God is everywhere around the universe-not everyone hears the word, unless someone brings them the word-preachers the word-allowing the death ears to hear.
The word can only live in the hearts of every man, women and Child, who have listened and accepted the word of God into their life's, spreading the gospel further to the end of time. It wasn't just made up out of thin air, Christ may be shinning all over the universe, but I assure you, on planet earth, the manuscripts were written by the disciples, led by the Holy Spirit.

LoJ:

Hello dear Brocab,

The true message of God does not belong to Catholicism, nor to any other religious movement. The true message of God can't be held captive by any human being, nor any denomination, for it is a divine institution. The true message of GOD is not limited by the distribution of the Bible, the Koran, or any other religious book.

The word of Christ is living and shining in the whole universe and is accessible to anyone who truly wishes, with or without human intervention. Religion and denominations are not a requirement to come to the recognition of GOD and his laws. Indeed there were people in Africa/America who were great followers of Christ, even before the colonization.

Cheers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hello Brocab,

brocab:
If it wasn't for these great men and women who had risked their lives, we would still be living in the dark ages.
If God knew that knowledge of the Bible was indispensable for Salvation, he would have made the Bible available everywhere at every time, so that no one may be disadvantaged because of his location or the period in which he is born. The fact that the Bible could be held captive, and that still today, there are places where people have no access to it, is a proof that the Bible is not necessary for Salvation. I am not saying that the Bible is not useful or not useful for salvation. There is a difference between useful and necessary.

Besides, how were people saved before the Bible was written? Most books of the new testaments were written many many years after the departure of Jesus. Moreover, what about your ancestors in Africa? According to you they are deprived of Salvation, just because a religious organisation did not want them to have access to the Bible? Is it consistent with the attribute of the Justice of GOD?

brocab:

What you are not understanding is-even thru you believe the word of God is everywhere around the universe-not everyone hears the word, unless someone brings them the word-preachers the word-allowing the death ears to hear.
Human intervention is not required for anyone to have access to the living word of GOD. Did Paul believe because someone preached to Him? Even today, those who truly want it can have access to the message of JESUS, with or without human intervention.

Cheers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 12:12am On Dec 31, 2015
Paul did believe because someone preached to Him-Jesus preached to Him-and later the Holy Spirit teaches him all things.
The manuscripts were written by the disciples-led by the Holy Spirit.

Jesus told His disciple to go out unto the world and preach the gospel, how else can anyone know the word of God without someone sharing the it?
Jesus knew writing the bible was necessary, the bible teaches us how to get into the word of God, its like a diary-without it, how can we learn who our new Father is.
The bible is necessary to Quote scriptures, to prove you are talking about Christ, and not on your own understanding.
You don't believe in once born again always born again do you?
And the bible always comes in handy when I am alone, I can read it in peace.
LoJ:
Hello Brocab,

If God knew that knowledge of the Bible was indispensable for Salvation, he would have made the Bible available everywhere at every time, so that no one may be disadvantaged because of his location or the period in which he is born. The fact that the Bible could be held captive, and that still today, there are places where people have no access to it, is a proof that the Bible is not necessary for Salvation. I am not saying that the Bible is not useful or not useful for salvation. There is a difference between useful and necessary.

Besides, how were people saved before the Bible was written? Most books of the new testaments were written many many years after the departure of Jesus. Moreover, what about your ancestors in Africa? According to you they are deprived of Salvation, just because a religious organisation did not want them to have access to the Bible? Is it consistent with the attribute of the Justice of GOD?

Human intervention is not required for anyone to have access to the living word of GOD. Did Paul believe because someone preached to Him? Even today, those who truly want it can have access to the message of JESUS, with or without human intervention.

Cheers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 31, 2015
brocab:
Paul did believe because someone preached to Him-Jesus preached to Him-and later the Holy Spirit teaches him all things.
Of Course JESUS preached to him. Was Jesus a Human at that time? If Paul believed without human intervention, why do you think some Africans couldn't believe without human intervention?

Again I repeat. After the departure of JESUS and Before the Bible was written, they were people who served GOD in truth. How did they manage without any book? The Bible and indeed any book is not synonymous to the living word of Christ, which is vibrant in the whole universe.

Cheers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by jaegermesiter: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2015
You are so anti catholic and a liar so what did d eastern church of costantinople speak then or the greek churches.....stop lying

brocab:
[color=

#770077]No it doesn't belong the the catholic Church they stole it, laying their claims on the manuscripts the disciples wrote about Christ centuries ago. Not allowing the world to see the hidden secrets of the truth these manuscripts had. [/color]
The Catholic Church translated the bible into a Latin language, only because they didn't want the world to know the truths about Christ Himself.
It was Men and women who had some schooling understood the Latin language-had risks their lives-knowing if they were caught the Catholic Church will burn them to the steak-or murder them another way.
It was only because they understood the manuscripts, they had found the hidden secrets what the manuscripts had to offer, they continual'ed to rewrite the books in languages we all know. And this book is now called the bible.
If it wasn't for these men and women who had risks their lives, we would be still, living in the dark ages.

Quote>The word of Christ is living and shinning in the whole universe and is accessible to anyone who truly wishes, without human intervention.
The word can only live in the hearts of every man, women and Child, who have listened and accepted the word of God into their life's, spreading the gospel further to the end of time. It wasn't just made up out of thin air, Christ may be shinning all over the universe, but I assure you, on planet earth, the manuscripts were written by the disciples, led by the Holy Spirit.

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by jaegermesiter: 11:22am On Dec 31, 2015
It took 2000 years to discover sub saharan africa starting with the cape of horn...
The sma and spiritian priests,CMS and anglicans spread the christian faith across nigeria and the bight of benin(now the gulf of guinea)
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Not a anti Catholic at all, I just know the truth about you. It was the Catholic Church who back up Hitler, before he murdered the Jews.
Do we go on?
jaegermesiter:
You are so anti catholic and a liar so what did d eastern church of costantinople speak then or the greek churches.....stop lying

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
You keep on saying I am African, I am not African, I am from another part of the world, so because I am writing on this forum it doesn't mean I am part of Africa.
Jesus has the Spirit of God and of course he was in human form, like we are. His message was preach throughout the regions, before and after Jesus was alive.
The disciples could speak about Christ in those day's clearly-only because they stood by His side until death.
Of course Jesus said go out unto the world and preach the gospel, and make new disciples of all men, what better way, the disciples had written their own experience's on manuscripts, led by the Holy Spirit. So the word of God can travel further into the distance, around the world.

John 20:29 "Then Jesus told him, because you have seen Me, you have believed; Blessed are those who have not seen Me, and believed.
Back in those day's not only did the disciples, but many of the by standers seen Jesus do His miracles-they heard Him preach, so of course they would believe and follow after Christ.
Jesus said: Blessed are those who didn't see Him'and believed-this is where the bible is needed. You need to know the Spirit of God, won't come to you, unless He calls you to Jesus.
Even thru you believe God covers the universe, and His words come to us without human intervention.
1 Corinthians 1:9 "God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Ephesians 4:11 "So Christ gave some as apostles, some as pastors, some as prophets, and some evangelist, and some teachers. All part of the body of Christ to learn of each other.
Before time, people had the Quran and the Koran were written manuscripts to believe, The Jews always met in homes reading out these manuscripts to each other about God. How about the Torah given to Moses. The 10 commandments were written by God. So yes we need the bible to guild us through the scriptures-how else do we learn about Christ and believe?
LoJ:

Of Course JESUS preached to him. Was Jesus a Human at that time? If Paul believed without human intervention, why do you think some Africans couldn't believe without human intervention?

Again I repeat. After the departure of JESUS and Before the Bible was written, they were people who served GOD in truth. How did they manage without any book? The Bible and indeed any book is not synonymous to the living word of Christ, which is vibrant in the whole universe.

Cheers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by jaegermesiter: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Please go on

brocab:
Not a anti Catholic at all, I just know the truth about you. It was the Catholic Church who back up Hitler, before he murdered the Jews.
Do we go on?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 10:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Of course-without searching for any truth yourselves, everyone who had spoken out about the Catholic Church, without any thought the Catholic's have branded us as lairs, I know you are faithful to your Church-and you are taught to be faithful to Mary-but you have got to draw the line somewhere in life-and search the scriptures, and find the truth within.
We go through a lot of trouble searching for the truth, The nets are covered with information, Books are written, the truth's out there, you just need to look.

Why do you Catholic's always jump-when something is said: you ramp and raid-yelling at the top of your voices-cursing, and mocking those who are truly seeking to find any truth.
You don't even try' to search, truth, that involves the Catholic Church, or any other Church.
The best part about having this forum-it gives us all a chance to listen to our brothers and sisters-with the information we retrieve, we share our finds.
When someone seems to be out of line, my first reaction isn't mocking those you spoke out, I don't ramp and raid cursing them, calling them lairs, I spend some time searching, to see if there's any truth' what these people are saying. This is how we all learn, isn't it?
Constantine not only did he allowed the new Christians to join his Church, he himself didn't believe-he was a pagan idol worshipper. It was just before he died-he became a Catholic.
jaegermesiter:

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 12:07am On Jan 01, 2016
After the Catholic's hid the secrets of the manuscripts of God, from the world. Read up your history.
The Catholic Church isn't a Church, as we all know it to be, its an army. Watch this if you dare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWru1tTjIPk
jaegermesiter:
It took 2000 years to discover sub saharan africa starting with the cape of horn...
The sma and spiritian priests,CMS and anglicans spread the christian faith across nigeria and the bight of benin(now the gulf of guinea)
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by jaegermesiter: 1:29am On Jan 01, 2016
Where do you get all these mis-information from? The same church that called councils on the divinity of christ,canon of the bible...and for the white missionary priests,there sweat were never in vain,they ventured far deep into territories that ecven the indigenous priest wouldn't venture into,spreading the faith as well as qualitative and charitable health care and education..I remember the late bishop shenehan

brocab:
After the Catholic's hid the secrets of the manuscripts of God, from the world. Read up your history.
The Catholic Church isn't a Church, as we all know it to be, its an army. Watch this if you dare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWru1tTjIPk
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 7:45am On Jan 01, 2016
Why don't you enjoy watching this video, and you too can enjoy the enjoyments we all enjoy. The truth will set you free.
It's no good getting up me about this, all I am doing is sharing what others have shared to the world.
If you don't like the idea reading this, then climb under your bed, and hide for the rest of your lonely day's in life.

The news is spreading at a faster rate, the net and other resources are flooded with news such as these-all you need to do is just get yourself out from your comfort zone, and start living.
Its beautiful knowing' Christ lives in me, and I in Him. Try it sometime-Jesus promises you-He will set you free.
jaegermesiter:
Where do you get all these mis-information from? The same church that called councils on the divinity of christ,canon of the bible...and for the white missionary priests,there sweat were never in vain,they ventured far deep into territories that ecven the indigenous priest wouldn't venture into,spreading the faith as well as qualitative and charitable health care and education..I remember the late bishop shenehan

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by jaegermesiter: 12:02pm On Jan 01, 2016
We are talking of Facts you are posting cheap conspiracy theories.......your reasoning is just so not what I expected.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by brocab: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2016
These are facts-of course you are trying to protect your Church.
You have dedicated you life into the Catholic Catholic-the Churches hole mission, is about people like you.
You haven't any proof I am wrong, only your say so.
Prove to the world, they are wrong-and you are right, come on be brave and step out of your comfort zone and show some evidence.
jaegermesiter:
We are talking of Facts you are posting cheap conspiracy theories.......your reasoning is just so not what I expected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos / Seven Things A Christian Must Never Do Because Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.