Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,277 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (29334 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / First Step Of Rebuilding The 3rd Temple after 2,000 years / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by GSKing: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Vikky014:
RELIGION OF P*ISS BRETHREN .dnt u fink u can do better than this

There is no difference between Christianity and Islam. They are both pissfull religions.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Ignatio(m): 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
I'm not looking at this from the religion point of view but from the colonists side. They used religion as tool to achieve their selfish goals and also messed with history badly.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by GSKing: 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ignatio:
I'm not looking at this from the religion point of view but from the colonists side. They used religion as tool to achieve their selfish goals and also messed with history badly.

Them clever colonialists.

Imagine what would have happened if the missionaries came before the slave trade.

Why did the missionaries come last after Africans have suffered, died and wasted in the hands of the Englishmen?

Can't you see their genius tactics?

grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by aurenflani: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Misogynist2014:

'Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.' Acts 13:46
'Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, andthatthey will hear it.' Acts 28:28

But Jesus said that his salvation is not for the gentiles and he also said that he was only sent to the Israelis.

Paul's words could not have abrogated Jesus's words, could they?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by aurenflani: 3:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

Imagine what would have happened if the missionaries came before the slave trade.

Why did the missionaries come last after Africans have suffered, died and wasted in the hands of the Englishmen?

grin

And to imagined that Mango Park was paid a wooping £29k by the Jews!!!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Vikky014(f): 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

There is no difference between Christianity and Islam. They are both pissfull religions.
really?no wonder we have shekau and mohammed as pastors
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
chrissy3:
dude now you've gone too far ,in as much as I see loop holes that I'm looking for answers for , I don't blaspheme and think of it this way.What if you bliv and you die only to find out it was all lies,you lose nothing but what if you don't bliv only to die and find it was true,you lose everything.Best advice to you is be sure and look for answers rather than blaspheming and I don't see why you even upset, the guy never insulted you.

Im firm in my assumption. Ive seen and heard enough throughout my experience. If my beliefs are false and im thrown into the xtian pit of hell, i will jump in there with all the pride i can muster for then i know that this god was not a God but satan himself for playing with my world, emotions and perception in such a way.
A life of involuntary lies? Theres no justice there. To deserve such, I must then be a truly accursed being to walk this Earth.

You ask me why am I upset? I am upset because such lazy foolz lyk that bastart are wat is keeping my nation backward and in ignorance. That lazy animal is just adding fuel to fire. It angers me to the core. You are not a Pagan in a country called Nigeria. I would rather be born a Pagan in India or China. Definitely not like this. We suffer a lot here in our own land. Our ways are disappearing fast. Our numbers are low. Our shrines are lying neglected in ruins. The environment is going bad. The sweet tinz of our youth are no more today. You never grew up in the village. You will never know how different things are now. And its for the worse.

These foreign religions are very dangerous to Nigeria. Dont underestimate them. Truly evil magic that stems from the days of that satanic wizard called moses. It has destroyed more than half the world . It must be fought bak. These deluded souls dont realise..

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Misogynist2014(m): 4:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
aurenflani:

But Jesus said that his salvation is not for the gentiles and he also said that he was only sent to the Israelis.

Paul's words could not have abrogated Jesus's words, could they?
Mark 16-15 'And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.'
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Hey wait!

Someone should clarify these accusations though.
Did Hitler murder a whole lot of Jews for sport or for religion?

And I think the Spanish reverend fathers were been killed in d Spanish war from the little I know about the inquisition in that movie! "Men become dragons" where Pope José Maria suffered.

Salem witches!
Young lady, No more vampire diaries for u!

read about the spanish inquisition in the phillipines and South America.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
deasy:
Why did it take such years for the GOSPEL to reach Nigeria?

What a question?!...thinking
Should we blame God?...Absolutely NO!!!
Who should we blame?...Man? I think YES, Man should be blamed.

Here's my reason why I won't & will never blame God for the delay of the gospel. I know one thing for sure...that it cost God nothing to change every living human on earth into his own side, if HE can turn SAUL to PAUL. And guess what, everyone's heart is at his reach...BUT he won't pull everyone's to his own side. He want's Us all to make a our own choice.

Here's the reason why I will blame we men for the delay. I Observe one thing when God met SAUL on his way to DAMASCUS to kill & destroy the GOSPEL...within a second God changed him. But GOD didn't preach to HIM, he had to send him to a place, to a man who will instill...lemme use teach or pass the GOSPEL into him.
THIS WILL TAKE TIME...shabi? Saul no fit know all he knows in one day...he had to learn it. Even God in man(Jesus), while he was on earth had to wait to be trained, learn, filled with power and commissioned before He began His mission.

I WILL SAY GOD WORKS IN HIS OWN WAYS & WITH HIS OWN TIME...GOD ways & things is mysterious to us. It's kinda slow and steady to us.

BUT think about this...I blame men, because those who have receive the gospel early enough are STINGY!!!
This does happen a lot and it slows down GOD'S GOSPEL...in jerusalem after Jesus ascension his disciples were stingy. They never want to leave jerusalem despite his instruction "You will receive power and you will be my witness through out the ends of the earth" But GOD had to scatter them using PERSECUTION...mind You Saul led this.

Even after then, they still become stingy...that's why they face more persecution! In our present time, those who have receive the gospel were like this too...STINGY!
God will create a circumstance/situation to push His gospel to the ends of the earth even if we no wan preach!

The european have the gospel but they no wan bring am come here because they were scared...God create a circumstance/situation/situation(slavery) to bring it in.

And maybe slavery is our own punishment for not going after the light.

We should blame the ppl who created, who preach and who spread christianity. These are demons in human skin.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

read about the spanish inquisition in the phillipines and South America.

Would u kindly be a good sport and run through the details for a poor lost curious soul!

"Batting eyelashes"

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Romans 2 vs 12-16 should answer ur question @op smiley
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
Justdulla:
Its quite unfortunate that @ this age,stage and with your level of education,you still resort to our forefathers tactics of countering constructive arguements with insults,racist comments,religious bigoty and enthnocentric thoughts...I dropped a question,if you have no answer or cant criticize,you shut up but instead you call me a Nigger,probably u bleached so u feel white,go to Germany,then you will know we are both Niggers,its quite unfortunate that its people that think and act like you that are piloting affairs of this country,, I went to a catholic school.am very vast in the bible,am sure better than you,,i brought a simple food for thoughts but you start insulting cos u dont have sense...tell me what do pastors say when they are speaking in tongues,?? Have u encountered jinn spirit before?? Do you know the history of christianity?? Why are there so many versions of the bible?? This are many questions are what you should ask yourself,but you choose to blindly follow any religion....Even the europeans that brought chistianity to enslave us seldom go to church,ave been to england before,i witnessed their sunday services,turnouts are always low...they are christians @ hearts that why they are always progressing,but people like you are wicked @ heart and christians @ mouth,that why when someone makes a claim about ur religion,instead of investigating,u fire back..i dont have ur time brother,,go and garner knowledge den come back so we argue constructively

U make no sense. undecided I am not a christian. And wat do u mean by our forefathers tactics of insulting?

Infact I blame our forefathers gentle, docile, unsuspecting and welcoming ways for letting in the two evil satanic elements to practice and preach on our soil. They shouldve crucified the first oyinbo missionaries lyk wat the Japs did. Then u wudve been saved from askin all these 'genuine' questions on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Would u kindly be a good sport and run through the details for a poor lost curious soul!

"Batting eyelashes"

Im using my mobile. Please use google. Type spanish inquisition phillipines/ south america. U will get your answers.

knowledge is for those who seek.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Horus(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
The word "gospel" means ghost spell or spell of the ghost

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

grin

Quite brilliant. smiley
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
Horus:
The word "gospel" means ghost spell or spell of the ghost

Sounds like that not its meaning.

.Google 'good news'!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
deasy:

And maybe slavery is our own punishment for not going after the light.

O.M.G!!! Did someone just say this?

Talk about Stockholm Syndrome!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by franklingud(m): 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is a naive question and silly question... Ask urself when was Nigeria created/joined.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
I actually regret this topic making FP. The majority of posters here simply lack the intellectual wherewithal to address the issue raised. Just look at the illiterate drivel being typed, even by the guy right above this post. This thread should have been left in the Religion section where more intelligent/aware posters can be accessed. Mods, una fall my hand big time..

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by roymary: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
^^^

Go find your Pastor or your ancestors to ask those hypocritical questions. Every topic you have created is aimed at antagonizing Christianity. Once again it sucks to be you !

Miss us with that intellect and whatever awareness you think you have. Go play Ludo or wash your undies if you no get work to do. undecided
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Bolt3(m): 7:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

Your argument is just like saying God chose a particular family or group to teach, knowing fully well that there are Negros in the other side of the world.

Why didn't he start from this part of the earth from where we would've dutifully spread this gospel to other part of the world. Of course, he must have seen and known we were mentally challenged and intellectually incapacitated to have paid any attention, I mean, define savages in your own words.

Going by your post, the omnipresent deliberately abandoned Nigerians and Africans to "the missionaries" to teach his words and his second coming. This, my friend, is a clear indication that all these gospel were false stories conjured up by ancient elites who forcefully shoved Christianity down your ancestors' throats all in a bid to rid them of all barbaric, primitive and animalistic tendencies inherent among the black race.

I know you must be sitting in front of your laptop feeling all wise and superior but bruh, I have news for you... Christianity is a ploy, God is a myth, Jesus was a performer, a stage clown who is dead and buried, he was probably a philanthropist/wise man whom the poor looked up to for food and companionship, that's why he's still remembered till today.

Nigerians and Africans, when watching Hollywood movies, would always go "what!!! so these Americans know who God is?" And I'll always feel so irritated thinking to myself "look at these gullible and brainwashed simpletons, you've all forgotten they're the people that pushed Christianity into your black skulls... They probably know it was all lies and basks in the fact that you celebrate their well composed religious book".

Young sire, you and the black race were of no good, assuming the whole bible trash was ever true.

Of course, do not question God, his reasons are "best" known to him alone. tongue
There are some people that argue that the ancient Hebrews where black. Also, the gospel reach Ethiopia duing the time of paul so your argument doesn't hold.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Bolt3(m): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
Abrahamweb:

China rejected christianity because they know the truth behind christianity(a manipulating religion).
How will a God tell people to go and slay innocent people just to posses other people labour.
Imagine the story of jericho.
Why are you talking about china as if it is a person.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by frakdon(m): 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

It is the religion of your tribe and of ur forefathers.

Through missionary work both online and offline.
I still don't knw this religion yu speak of? Idol? Or which 1 is it?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by frakdon(m): 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Im firm in my assumption. Ive seen and heard enough throughout my experience. If my beliefs are false and im thrown into the xtian pit of hell, i will jump in there with all the pride i can muster for then i know that this god was not a God but satan himself for playing with my world, emotions and perception in such a way.
A life of involuntary lies? Theres no justice there. To deserve such, I must then be a truly accursed being to walk this Earth.

You ask me why am I upset? I am upset because such lazy foolz lyk that bastart are wat is keeping my nation backward and in ignorance. That lazy animal is just adding fuel to fire. It angers me to the core. You are not a Pagan in a country called Nigeria. I would rather be born a Pagan in India or China. Definitely not like this. We suffer a lot here in our own land. Our ways are disappearing fast. Our numbers are low. Our shrines are lying neglected in ruins. The environment is going bad. The sweet tinz of our youth are no more today. You never grew up in the village. You will never know how different things are now. And its for the worse.

These foreign religions are very dangerous to Nigeria. Dont underestimate them. Truly evil magic that stems from the days of that satanic wizard called moses. It has destroyed more than half the world . It must be fought bak. These deluded souls dont realise..
nd which 1 is yur own local religion, biko? Which 1 make we follow?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
voodoo85:

Am gonna tell u why. Because yes, europeans needed workforce for new continent and whats the point of comming and killing that workforce and taking other resources? Its better to come " peacefully" and spread gods word and manipulate masses. There was no reason to do that before because there was no need for workforce before, simply europeans didnt travel so much and discover new lands.
beautiful and straight forward! Finally I get an answer! One that is straight forward , that brainwashed fellows find it hard to digest!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
voodoo85:

Am gonna tell u why. Because yes, europeans needed workforce for new continent and whats the point of comming and killing that workforce and taking other resources? Its better to come " peacefully" and spread gods word and manipulate masses. There was no reason to do that before because there was no need for workforce before, simply europeans didnt travel so much and discover new lands.
beautiful and straight forward! Finally I get an answer! One that is straight forward , that brainwashed fellows find it hard to digest! Its all about the IQ.. A lot of Blacks never fail. To show how low theirs is
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
Skimpledawg:

Dats true! D OP sounds very intellectual and is ready to face any1 tryna disprove her! 3days to nxt year! Evrybody is on his/her own o
lol! Is it not weird that people are actually accusing him of being intelligent?? If U get what I mean
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
shdemidemi:

And what makes you feel the OP sincerely want answers!!!
well if he doesn't that's left to him.. But I have thought of the same thing. So I need answers too .although someone. Has given me answers.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
sapientia:
He can decide for it to reach Nigeria in 20,000 years.. Whatever God does is the way he wants it.. I will never question his reasons.
then never u question the ways of another mans religion
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by xklucvG: 9:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
The truth in my opinion is that God doesn't exist. If he does exist how come no man has ever seen him. Why is he hiding from man. Same with Satan. Non of them exist.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos / Seven Things A Christian Must Never Do Because Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.