Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me (29329 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: “The Day My Ex Girlfriend Came To Me For Prayers" / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Kingosytex(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2021
Pastor E.A Adeboye of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, has narrated how he through the help of God, overcame the temptation of establishing a ministry of his own.

Adeboye while speaking during a sermon in the church at the weekend, said he could have started his own ministry long ago but was stopped through the intervention of God who spoke to him in 1977.

Recall that the RCCG which is currently regarded as the fastest growing Pentecostal church in the world, was founded in 1947 by late Pastor Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi who died in 1980.

Adeboye who linked his successes in the ministry to his obedience to God’s instructions, urged those going into ministries to ensure they properly hear from God before making moves.

He said, “When every Dick and Harry will come to say, ‘we don’t want to belong to any denomination, we want to start a ministry, God told me, this is where you stay.

“I obeyed, I followed that father, I did whatever he said I should do and that’s why I am where I am today. Oh, I could have started my own ministry long ago.

“Way back in 1977, I held a program, ‘Christ Redeemer Congress’ in Ile Ife Grammar School, people came from all over Nigeria. I collected the names of all secondary schools and teachers training colleges and I invited them all and they came.

"I could have taken over from there, but God said no, here, this is the one to follow. And He had given instructions that my brain couldn’t understand.

“But God who knows the end from the beginning said this is where you go. So, if some of you said you hear from God, and God asked you to go and start your own ministry, congratulations! Let’s see how far you will go.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/05/how-god-delivered-me-from-temptation-of-starting-my-own-church-pastor-adeboye/

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by FuckAllTheMODs: 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Is that so, anyway glad you overcome the temptation.

BTW, na thund** go faya the mad M*D wey block my main account for no valid reason.

Seun, you for allow those MODs wey dey always block users unnecessarily for this app names dey show, make we for know if them go fit do anyhow if them jam us one on one for street.
No let guys reason your app like facebook, whatsapp and instagram o.

Enough is enough, block for valid reason.

If I no comot im teeth, make I know wetin cause am.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Prosperous111(m): 12:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
Admin first ban the first person wey Dey above me and the second person. This FTC for be mine today but nah dem ruin am. After weeks of making it to the FTC again sad I no go forgive una two oo.

As for this post I gat nothing to say.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
No be small temptation grin grin

Nigerian pastors have turned into impulsive liars. Who tempted you, and what tempted you. In the 70s when you became a pastor, pentecostal churches were not as popular as it is today. You rose to prominence because you were learned.

When you took over from Josiah Olufemi in 1981, the church was already one of the largest pentecostal churches in Nigeria, and of course one of the wealthiest.

The church was so rich you bought the campground under three years of administration.

Today, you're a proud owner of a luxury jet that cost over $50million and you're talking of temptation.

You're one of those who foresaw that religion was lucrative. And while you were making money and investing tithes and offerings in Real Estate and oil, you made your followers to believe that prayers move mountains, and that witches and family are responsible for their poverty.

If God is ever going to punish Nigerian politicians, Pastors and religious leaders will get double.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Elxandre(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
The ministry is practically yours today last last.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by JackDaAlienz(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Of all things that our European colonial masters taught us
Science and Technology? NO
Invention and Development? NO
Religion ? YES

Out of all things it's only Christianity that we got from our European Missionary.
Why didn't they teach us TECHNOLOGY
So we can be advanced like them.
Instead they teach us RELIGION
Everytime
JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST. They brainwash us to the point Africans come carry Religion for head pass the Europeans wey bring am come Africa.
White people are constantly opening research and developing technology to better life.
While black man is busy talking about opening churches here and there.

I have to give to White people. Them use religion to block our senses from advancing like them. Nice one.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by ATEAMS: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2021
Starting your own businesses you mean ?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by victorchuks40(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Okay
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by IMASTEX: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Different doctrines, different denomination. Yet one God with one scripture. That tells you that religion is about power & money. Same reason it was the religious cartel that hunted christ down. Their business and relevance was threatened by His pure message of salvation, grace and mercy. As against the fear, dogman, etc used for selfish gain as it is today.

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Back3back: 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tell them sir

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by rexgold(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
MEANWHILE

If you want to create another source of income online before December, then You need to check this thread below

https://www.nairaland.com/6787292/seen

kiss kiss
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by pennywys(m): 12:19pm On Oct 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by mu2sa2: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Correct GO, scarring his captive congregants to remain in their situation till.... But wait, something told him to remain, what if some other person's inner voice suggests he leaves? Truth is, in this competitive environment you just follow your instinct hoping your business centre will flourish - just pray for a big catch like a corrupt politician, yahoo boys or smart kidnappers looking for "blessing".

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by WibusJaga: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2021

Wise man. He has over the years taken the ministry to great heights & same time stayed away from needless controversies. I give it to him.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by polite2(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Tor
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Imstrong2(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2021
Redeem is as good as his so no need for starting his own

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Ofirmee(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
This Baba don old, he don reach make they collect Mic from am, nah dust he dey yarn these days.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
When you die, your wife will take over. Akindayomi and family were not as exposed and learned as this present pastors we have in Nigeria. The ownership of the church wouldn't have reached you

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by FactBoyz: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by luluosas(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
But you have also succeeded in turning the church into worldliness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by b3llo(m): 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Some Pastors hear the voice of hunger and then they rush to open their ministry. Learn to hear from God.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by tradepunter: 12:21pm On Oct 05, 2021
Ok
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by OG1BABY(f): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Thank God
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by ejanla077: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
So who now own redeemed. Can anyone drag the ministry wit u

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Ay4christ2010(m): 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by socialmediaman: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2021
While some people succeed on their own without passing through a mentor or former boss, most times you need to grow in learning and networking through an organization before starting your own journey.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by nairavsdollars(f): 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Adeboye hears from God more than any other pastors in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by sammysmiles(m): 12:23pm On Oct 05, 2021
Sometimes the voice of God doesn't make sense

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: The Temptation Of Starting My Own Church & How God Delivered Me by Boss13: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2021
The message is for some of his special ministers who are attempting to break away.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atheist Comedy Videos / Pastor Kenneth Eze, His Wife & 2 Children Die In Lagos Fire (Photos) / Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.