Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,520 members, 7,861,510 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola (1740 Views)

How I Met Bola Tinubu – Babatunde Fashola / Babatunde Fashola Resumes Work As A Minister See Photos / Suggest A Portfolio For Babatunde Fashola As A Minister... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2014
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola SAN, scored the President Goodluck Jonathan administration very low and urged Nigerians to vote it out in the next general elections.
Fashola stated that change of leadership is expedient at the national level because Nigeria is too important both globally and continentally to be left in the hands of those who “play politics with the lives of her citizens.”
Addressing members of the Yoruba Tennis Club and their Island Club counterparts at their respective Club Houses in Onikan, Lagos on Wednesday, Governor Fashola said the national government, formed by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has failed to provide its most important responsibility, which according to him, is the security of life and property of citizens and protection of the territorial integrity of the nation.
The Governor, who noted that Nigerians handed over a whole country to the ruling party in 2011, expressed regrets that the same party is now returning to Nigerians to ask for another leadership mandate with only part of the country, having lost some parts to insurgents.
“They are returning now to ask for our votes with only a part of the country that we gave them because some parts of the country have been lost to people we didn’t elect. So, in that most important responsibility, they have dropped the ball.”
Governor Fashola, who expressed dismay that the PDP has politicized everything, noted that nothing is too much for the party to sloganize about.
He accused the federal government of playing politics with the very sensitive issue of the more than 200 abducted secondary school girls in Chibok in Borno State.
The Governor also said that the PDP-controlled Federal Government has also orchestrated about how it made the country “the biggest economy in Africa”, wondering why smaller economies could provide electricity for their people while the self acclaimed “biggest economy” could keep her people in darkness.
“Please ask them why smaller economies could get petrol easily for their people and why we have to queue for hours and days to get petrol in a biggest economy in Africa,” the Governor said.
He also wondered why the so-called biggest economy in Africa is trying to buy arms from a smaller economy to secure the country.
He pointed out that the nation’s currency, the Naira, is now trading for N180 per Dollar while the South African Rand is trading at R11 to one United States Dollar.
According to Fashola, what matters is the quality of the life and prosperity of the citizens and not the size or number being bandied by the PDP-led government.
Governor Fashola tasked the people to figure out the last time the President went to present the Annual Budget in the National Assembly, an obligation which, according to him, is a constitutional one.
The Governor also said that the Federal Government also played politics with the Ebola Virus Disease containment as it almost turned the very grave situation into a political trophy.
Conversely, Governor Fashola said, the All Progressives Congress controlled Lagos State Government has done well at many fronts including the Education, Security, Power and the financial sector in spite of the very precarious economic and security situation in the country.

From: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/jonathan-must-not-re-elected-fashola/?
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by obiZEAL(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2014
and also because stealing is not corruption...
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Blakjewelry(m): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2014
Fash tried as a governor but he should not forget that states like akwa ibom and cross river are pdp States that are doing well. It doesn't matter the party but the individual involved. Infact I have heard of more good stories orally from akwa ibom than from lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
God bless President GEJ. Victory is sure. We're already looking beyond 2015. We should be more concern of who succeeds you in 2019 now. It's well with Nigeria in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by mistabiola: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2014
Baba has spoken cheesy grin So shall it be

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2014
myhoodlink:
God bless President GEJ. Victory is sure. We're already looking beyond 2015. We should be more concern of who succeeds you in 2019 now. It's well with Nigeria in Jesus name, Amen!
you mean you want to vote for a person like the below?
Waiting for Jonathan the Runaway Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Switpal(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2014
D same way we need change of leadership in Lagos state cause of multiple taxation.
In GEJ we stand

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by coolhamid(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2014
Governor Fashola tasked the people to figure out the last time the President went to present the Annual Budget in the National Assembly, an obligation which, according to him, is a constitutional one.

@bolded, he can't present annual budget in the National Assembly because GEJ is not good in quoting figures....

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Obipat(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2014
Change is only constant thing in life, I urge my igbo brothers to support GMB before it is late. GEJ body's language speaks for him. It is like a confused person. Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Obipat(m): 10:19am On Dec 26, 2014
Switpal:
D same way we need change of leadership in Lagos state cause of multiple taxation.
In GEJ we stand
. Is like u are among this babes that patronise local weed in FESTAC
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 26, 2014
That's why I believe Fashola is not capable of leading Nigeria

The problem with Nigeria is the Structure we operate.

Even Fashola will fail if he operates on our present structure

Nigeria must empower her federal units if she desires to rise to importance.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Macelliot(m): 10:21am On Dec 26, 2014
eighTHREAD:
you mean you want to vote for a person like the below?
Waiting for Jonathan the Runaway Debater.

He ran away from presidential debate for not getting EXPO (the questions before the Debate)

He had a shameless counter debate with dbanj (who was not contesting the 2011 election)

What he did with Dbanj was a big disgrace, so he went ahead debating himself alone on National TV
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0dvb2RsdWNrLUpvbmF0aGFuLWF0LWEtMS1tYW4tZGViYXRlLmpwZ3w2MDA=[/img]
Copy and Paste.....
I saw this post some months ago by someone esle...
Copy copy.........
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by oduastates: 10:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Blakjewelry:
Fash tried as a governor but he should not forget that states like akwa ibom and cross river are pdp States that are doing well. It doesn't matter the party but the individual involved. Infact I have heard of more good stories orally from akwa ibom than from lagos.

Sorry but akwa ibom is a gas station and nothing has changed. The people remain piss poor considering the fact that this is the only state with a budget big enough to match the responsibilitities.
Amaechi is gradually transitioning port harcourt from that appellation to a centre of culture , arts , education , tourism and corporate business.that is , A proper economy whose oil economy is a part rather than the whole . He has done this by expanding the size of the Middle class and investments in the future. The middle class in akwa ibom simply does not exist beyond the civil servants .
I rate cross river second after river state in the east.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Macelliot(m): 10:23am On Dec 26, 2014
I critisized GEJ, nothing happened, I critisized Buhari and I got death threats - Sheikh Ahmad Gumi.

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by cocoduck: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Obipat:
Change is only constant thing in life, I urge my igbo brothers to support GMB before it is late. GEJ body's language speaks for him. It is like a confused person. Sai Buhari
I no wan curse you ooooh!
but make thunder fire you.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 26, 2014
Obipat:

So you want a man who lacks basic knowledge of economics to lead Nigeria

pls ask for a refund of your school fees
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by san316(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2014
GEJ has defrauded us. he harbors thieves and terrorists in his government. he must go.

GBAM

#ANYBODYBUTGEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Macelliot(m): 10:29am On Dec 26, 2014
Reasons Why Buhari should not be elected.

2015 will be bloody.... Crooks and baboons will be soak with blood.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 26, 2014
san316:
GEJ has defrauded us. he harbors thieves and terrorists in his government. he must go.
GBAM
#ANYBODYBUTGEJ

Yes

Tinubu is a saint

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by cocoduck: 10:31am On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:
That's why I believe Fashola is not capable of leading Nigeria

The problem with Nigeria is the Structure we operate.

Even Fashola will fail if he operates on our present structure

Nigeria must empower her federal units if she desires to rise to importance.
you're very very right, but the prefer to play Mr.Ostrich just to get political power, and surprisingly APC since the president convened the CONFAB they practically stopped talking about SNC of which Tinubu was championing with all his might.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by san316(m): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Does GEJ have knowledge of economics? hahaha. he only knows zooconomics.

A leader must not be a professional in all fields, what a leader needs to have is the ability to take decisions and stand firm on making them materialize.

GUTS is what we need, not someone that complains of getting contrary advise.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by cocoduck: 10:33am On Dec 26, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Hahahahahaha
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by bondingman: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2014
A PDP governor in akwa ibom state did much better than u Mr fash.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2014
bondingman:
A PDP governor in akwa ibom state did much better than u Mr fash.
Akwa ibom, a state with the larest budget in Nigeria and a population less than Alimosho local government

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 26, 2014
san316:

Does GEJ have knowledge of economics? hahaha. he only knows zooconomics.

A leader must not be a professional in all fields, what a leader needs to have is the ability to take decisions and stand firm on making them materialize.

GUTS is what we need, not someone that complains of getting contrary advise.

A nation whose leaders lack understanding of basic economics is in trouble

Half of an average citizen's demand is economic/ financial in nature .

Political power comes third .
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by vanunu: 10:58am On Dec 26, 2014
This dirty governor should go and die. Gej stop 17yrs of fuel scarcity in nigeria.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 10:59am On Dec 26, 2014
cocoduck:

you're very very right, but the prefer to play Mr.Ostrich just to get political power, and surprisingly APC since the president convened the CONFAB they practically stopped talking about SNC of which Tinubu was championing with all his might.

Don't mind Fash

He thinks Nigeria is Lagos.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by vanunu: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2014
Obipat:

Elections will not hold in borno, yobe and adamawa state, the security reports on these states will soon be out. You man buhari will never smell aso rock.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by oduastates: 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
vanunu:

Elections will not hold in borno, yobe and adamawa state, the security reports on these states will soon be out. You man buhari will never smell aso rock.
Have you heard of what is called a constitutional crisis before.
If that arises, he would have to step down. The junior officer Corp do not like him. He is practically swimming against a tidal wave . Practically, no one does apart from those in his clan and those deceiving him.
His own people dislike him.
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
oduastates:

Have you heard of what is called a constitutional crisis before.
If that arises, he would have to step down. The junior officer Corp do not like him. He is practically swimming against a tidal wave . Practically, no one does apart from those in his clan and those deceiving him.
His own people dislike him.

In your mind, Nigeria can survive a coup

Guy face your studies
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Obipat(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
vanunu:

. But election holds in parkinstan? U ppl have failed
Re: Why Jonathan Must Not Be Re-elected – Babatunde Fashola by Obipat(m): 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
cocoduck:

I no wan curse you ooooh!
but make thunder fire you.
. U don't have respespect for elders

(1) (Reply)

Oh My! See What FFK Wrote About Bola Tinubu & Lai Mohammed / Know The Facts! Jonathan Did Not Bring Back Our Trains, OBJ Did! / Final Analysis Of 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.