Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? (2128 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
I've been dating since 2009 and I've not been able to stay in a relationship beyond one year. Its either I call it off or it just dies off naturally.

D wahala now be say, I am willing to break dis jinx but my present gf is not helping matas at all.

I always envy ppl dat I've been in relationships with a particular person from 3yrs and above. I always wonda how day do it.

So guys, let me learn from you, how do you guys stay in a relationship beyond one year? Is it dat easy or it requires a lot of work?

1 Like

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2014
[size=30pt]charming the person[/size]
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by iamodenigbo1(m): 11:30pm On Dec 26, 2014
pay me I will give u tutorial
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by agrovick(m): 11:34pm On Dec 26, 2014
The million dollar question

1 Like

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by irishCream: 11:37pm On Dec 26, 2014
obongproff:
I've been dating since 2009 and I've not been able to stay in a relationship beyond one year. Its either I call it off or it just dies off naturally.

D wahala now be say, I am willing to break dis jinx but my present gf is not helping matas at all.

I always envy ppl dat I've been in relationships with a particular person from 3yrs and above. I always wonda how day do it.

So guys, let me learn from you, how do you guys stay in a relationship beyond one year? Is it dat easy or it requires a lot of work?

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2014
irishCream:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

madam eh, which kind face be dis one na? Na shock abi na curiosity?
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Emmyk(m): 1:03am On Dec 27, 2014
Get emotionally and physically attached...fight often and get back together all over.

1 Like

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by AfricanApple(f): 1:16am On Dec 27, 2014
it requires alot of hard work, patience, love and determination.
after 6months of dating, so many annoying and distasteful characters start becoming visible in your partner, you probably get to start hating her sef but with lot of patience, you will be able to absorb them and see the other side of it, and it gives you the energy or should I say the will to forgive
and when you are determined to love someone no matter what happens, that determination will be a force to drive you and to move you on even when the going gets tough. though, I'm not saying you should remain in a relationship that not only trips you but injure you, what I'm saying is, check yourself and the problem might be from you.
if you know what you want in life you will definitely find a way to get it but when you don't know, how would you even start searching

2 Likes

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by yomi007k(m): 1:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Be busy.
Do lots of stuffs together.
Then Let love making be magnificent.
Its all in ur mind bro, all in ur mind.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2014
AfricanApple:
it requires alot of hard work, patience, love and determination.
after 6months of dating, so many annoying and distasteful characters start becoming visible in your partner, you probably get to start hating her sef but with lot of patience, you will be able to absorb them and see the other side of it, and it gives you the energy or should I say the will to forgive
and when you are determined to love someone no matter what happens, that determination will be a force to drive you and to move you on even when the going gets tough. though, I'm not saying you should remain in a relationship that not only trips you but injure you, what I'm saying is, check yourself and the problem might be from you.
if you know what you want in life you will definitely find a way to get it but when you don't know, how would you even start searching

interesting!

U make it sound so easy.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 27, 2014
yomi007k:

Do lots of stuffs together.
Then Let love making be magnificent.

tanx bro. D " do lots of stuff together" part makes sense. But d love-making part is a tragedy.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by irishCream: 8:31am On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

madam eh, which kind face be dis one na? Na shock abi na curiosity?

Both tongue
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Drdaps(m): 8:37am On Dec 27, 2014
In one word tolerance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by 2SWT(f): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2014
First of all

its all about determination. If u're determined to make it work, let her know what you want if she's really sensible she will help you realise your dreams
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by AfricanApple(f): 10:10am On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

interesting!

U make it sound so easy.
I'm surprised you see it as something difficult to do, if you love someone, these things should come easily to you. everything you wanna do in life is a choice, you can choose to make it difficult or easy for yourself.

now that you are thinking its difficult I don't think you are ready to keep a long term relationship sad
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 27, 2014
AfricanApple:
I'm surprised you see it as something difficult to do, if you love someone, these things should come easily to you. everything you wanna do in life is a choice, you can choose to make it difficult or easy for yourself.

now that you are thinking its difficult I don't think you are ready to keep a long term relationship sad

Wot if ur dealing with someone dat is rigid, argumentative and difficult? How do u cope?
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 27, 2014
irishCream:

Both tongue

madam, its complicated
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by AfricanApple(f): 10:59am On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

Wot if ur dealing with someone dat is rigid, argumentative and difficult? How do u cope?
I told you before: patience and determination. patience would make it easy for you tolerate so many attitude.
determination will keep you going

moreover, you can't date 5people that has the same characters, you will surely meet one that has good characters. if you didn't meet anyone that has good characters then you are definitely the problem.

I know these things are not so easy like u stated but making the choice and having the mindset that its easy is an open ground for you
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by irishCream: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

madam, its complicated

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Naavah(f): 11:02am On Dec 27, 2014
Include loadz of drama in ur next relationship. Argue, quarrel, visit plcs, work together, discuss etc. But do it with someone that's worth it.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by defendedvictim(m): 11:16am On Dec 27, 2014
Hw do dey do it...I stayed in one for close to two yrs in uni. Dunno Hw we lasted dat long sha embarassed
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 27, 2014
AfricanApple:
I told you before: patience and determination. patience would make it easy for you tolerate so many attitude.
determination will keep you going

moreover, you can't date 5people that has the same characters, you will surely meet one that has good characters. if you didn't meet anyone that has good characters then you are definitely the problem.

I know these things are not so easy like u stated but making the choice and having the mindset that its easy is an open ground for you

okay, before now I used to have a patience problem. Am not very patient with ladies, dia stupid mood swings, irrational behaviours, shallowness and all. Most of d problem were mine sha.

But den I finally meet someone I want to be with and she is just being unnecessarily stubborn and with the silly excuse dat 'dat's how she is'. Isn't it bullshitt dat I still have to complain abt everything I've complaining abt since January, and d chic in question doesn't even want to change. I've met a couple of chics sha but dis one is just too difficult for my liking. I see it as selfishness and disrespect for my feelings. If someone doesn't like sth, why shd u keep doing doing it over and over again, and den u say "dat's just how you are"? Dats so fuccken annoying.

Talking abt patience, I've stayed with her since november last year. Or do I need to be more patient. D usual me wd have called it off like 6 months. I keep having d urge to call it off but at d same time I feel so reluctant to do dat.

Basically, she is d most frustrating and d most difficult chic I eva dated.

#sighs#
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by yomi007k(m): 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

tanx bro. D " do lots of stuff together" part makes sense. But d love-making part is a tragedy.
How is it a tragedy?
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
yomi007k:

How is it a tragedy?

Well, der are a couple of tins I dont like abt her, and d sex part is just d most frustrating. She is d most rigid I've met, has many irritations and issues I dont even undastand. Long story short, she hardly stays beyond 15mins and she NEVER EVER satisfies me. We are a total and complete mis-match in d bedroom.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by yomi007k(m): 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

Well, der are a couple of tins I dont like abt her, and d sex part is just d most frustrating. She is d most rigid I've met, has many irritations and issues I dont even undastand. Long story short, she hardly stays beyond 15mins and she NEVER EVER satisfies me. We are a total and complete mis-match in d bedroom.
Well, u don talk am finish.
I won't sugar-coat words for u, I believe u got ur on intuition. Just go with ur mind n be happy. Safe bro.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
Same way you keep being good friends with anyone.
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by AfricanApple(f): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
obongproff:

okay, before now I used to have a patience problem. Am not very patient with ladies, dia stupid mood swings, irrational behaviours, shallowness and all. Most of d problem were mine sha.

But den I finally meet someone I want to be with and she is just being unnecessarily stubborn and with the silly excuse dat 'dat's how she is'. Isn't it bullshitt dat I still have to complain abt everything I've complaining abt since January, and d chic in question doesn't even want to change. I've met a couple of chics sha but dis one is just too difficult for my liking. I see it as selfishness and disrespect for my feelings. If someone doesn't like sth, why shd u keep doing doing it over and over again, and den u say "dat's just how you are"? Dats so fuccken annoying.

Talking abt patience, I've stayed with her since november last year. Or do I need to be more patient. D usual me wd have called it off like 6 months. I keep having d urge to call it off but at d same time I feel so reluctant to do dat.

Basically, she is d most frustrating and d most difficult chic I eva dated.

#sighs#
I just read your other posts on this same girl and I wouldn't ask you to remain in a relationship that makes you sad. this is just for the future: if you have been complaining the same thing to someone who is unyielding, do thesame thing to them, let them feel the pains and make them know why u did it, sometimes it works

you have to really work on your patience, it could not only affect you intimately but generally, besides free yourself, courtship or dating is not a visa to heaven, give yourself some freedom while init
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by oshe11: 12:33am On Dec 28, 2014
mk sure u no wat u want in a gal n wen u fynd d gal dat has it, try d undastnd n b patient n also tolerate n oda syds n also b d best u cn b..... Oda dan jst tryin to surpass ur 1yr jinx
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 28, 2014
AfricanApple:
I just read your other posts on this same girl and I wouldn't ask you to remain in a relationship that makes you sad. this is just for the future: if you have been complaining the same thing to someone who is unyielding, do thesame thing to them, let them feel the pains and make them know why u did it, sometimes it works

you have to really work on your patience, it could not only affect you intimately but generally, besides free yourself, courtship or dating is not a visa to heaven, give yourself some freedom while init

I tot u were just an apple, but der is more to dis africanapple dan meets d eye. So u sabi sth like dis?

cheesycheesysmiley

well, I do hav little patience with ladies and I am also working on it. Tanx a lot.

Besides, which oda of my posts did u read abt her?
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
obongproff:

delete her from bbm and do calls only..
Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by AfricanApple(f): 10:13am On Dec 28, 2014
obongproff:

I tot u were just an apple, but der is more to dis africanapple dan meets d eye. So u sabi sth like dis?

cheesycheesysmiley
grin I don't know anything o smiley

well, I do hav little patience with ladies and I am also working on it. Tanx a lot.
you welcome

Besides, which oda of my posts did u read abt her?
obongproff:

Re: How Do People Stay In Relationships Beyond One Year? by akpumping7720(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
Everything is in ur hands boss. U just have to sit urself down and ask urself what is dat thing dat I do constantly in any relationship that doesn't make make relationships to last. After u discover d probem then u ave already gotten 50 per cent of d solution. Dis firewood is not good u remove it, dat one also is not good u remove it, what u are cooking wen will it be ready after removing all d firewoods. Sit urself down, wat am I doing constantly dat is affecting my relationships, it could be anger, intolerance, pride etc. Sit ur self down and discover ur error then u can correct urself. Take a clue from relationships around u dat are waxing strong and learn from them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Accept This Kind Of Wedding (photo)? / Why Do Some Ladies Like Sending Mixed Signals? / Why??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.