Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy (33766 Views)

Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! / Kogi Tribunal Discourse: Yahaya Bello Is Technically Out / 28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Dotng: 11:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'No First Lady' Policy

The First Lady, Patience Jonathan, on Friday urged Nigerian women not to vote for any politician who would not carry the womenfolk along in his or her administration.

Mrs. Jonathan said this in her address at a civic reception organised in her honour by the Ohuhu clan, her maternal home in Umuahia North Local Government Area of Abia State.

She urged women to vote massively for President Goodluck Jonathan.

“He has met the 35 per cent Affirmative Action for the appointment of women into political positions in the country.

“The President has done a lot to tackle the developmental needs of the nation, in spite of the challenges and opposition against his administration,” Mrs. Jonathan said.

She appealed to women to take advantage of their population to re-elect the President for a second tenure.

Mrs. Jonathan said this was because women make up the majority of the population of Nigeria and constitute the greater majority of the electorate.

“Let us take advantage of our numerical strength to vote for the re-election of the President, because more Nigerian women had been appointed to political offices by Jonathan’s administration than past administrations.

“Nigerian women should no longer go back to the kitchen. It is not our portion to go back to the kitchen.

“We have women that are capable. We can contribute our quota to the development of Nigeria.

“We women are suffering but God will see us through,” she said, adding that the president had helped to alleviate the plight of Nigerian women.

Mrs. Jonathan thanked the Ohuhu community for the honour done to her, saying she would all her life cherish the title of “Ngalari Ohuhu’’ (a golden daughter of Ohuhu) conferred on her.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/patience-jonathan-technically-tackles-buharis-no-first-lady-policy.105328/

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by mirexxx(f): 11:39pm On Dec 26, 2014
hmm nice!

24 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by teemanbastos(m): 11:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
shex jux crying over spilt milk..
Shez going bak home kum 2015 with ha hubby

311 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by egift(m): 11:52pm On Dec 26, 2014
As always, it is people who are afraid of loosing their illegal power and wealth that are always quick to campaign against Buhari. So till now PEJ has not realized that the tag "Office Of The First Lady Of Nigeria" is illegal?

The wife of the President can pursue any humanitarian initiative she likes. In the US, Obama's wife is preoccupied with fighting "Child Obesity", "Welfare for Veterans", etc.

Mrs. Patience shamelessly parading herself as a Godmother, Kingmaker, Determining FG Policies, Summoning National Security meeting at will - elevating her illegal and fictitious office even higher than that of the Vice President and almost equal to the President - is totally unacceptable.

458 Likes 45 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by hardywaltz(m): 12:01am On Dec 27, 2014
We shall vote for GEJ the way u and other women voted for Sarah Jubril in PDP 2011 convention where she scored one vote and in her words "my one vote shall hunt Nigerian Women".
Just help ur husband pack his etibo, wukoh and Fedora hats.

258 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Expressions(m): 12:31am On Dec 27, 2014
"P. baby I'm proud of your astute sense of feminine political leverage"

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by b3llo(m): 1:53am On Dec 27, 2014
That office is not a ceremonial one and lacks constitutional powers. The office should be removed inorder to avoid more National shame caused by Her Excellency, for her poor command and usage of English Language.

165 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by tit(f): 1:56am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari is gone!
No woman will vote for him!
Even that his wife will not vote for him again!
Who no like better thing?

Buhari carry your wahalla go back to daura.
go meet your boko haram boys for there.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Nobody: 2:58am On Dec 27, 2014
When too much power is vested on a woman,she tends to misbehave..

PEJ is a classic example of a power drunk woman,which she has shown in many times. She has elevated her unconstitutional office to that of the presidency,if not for anything,I would want her husband out of aso-rock because of her..

No wonder OBJ listed her as part of the five presidents ruling us...

Power drunk first lady.

224 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Raiders: 4:22am On Dec 27, 2014
tit:
Buhari is gone!
No woman will vote for him!
Even that his wife will not vote for him again!
Who no like better thing?

Buhari carry your wahalla go back to daura.
go meet your boko haram boys for there.
No woman would vote for Buhari? When did you became the spokeperson for all women in Nigeria?

198 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by MeAndYou(m): 4:28am On Dec 27, 2014
If you are a woman, you will say and do more in this regard.

Chei! there is mother oooooo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by PassingShot(m): 4:36am On Dec 27, 2014
egift:
As always, it is people who are afraid of loosing their illegal power and wealth that are always quick to campaign against Buhari. So till now PEJ has not realized that the tag "Office Of The First Lady Of Nigeria" is illegal?

The wife of the President can pursue any humanitarian initiative she likes. In the US, Obama's wife is preoccupied with fighting "Child Obesity", "Welfare for Veterans", etc.

Mrs. Patience shamelessly parading herself as a Godmother, Kingmaker, Determining FG Policies, Summoning National Security meeting at will - elevating her illegal and fictitious office even higher than that of the Vice President and almost equal to the President - is totally unacceptable.

Thank you.

The Jonathanians are really blinded by bigotry to even understand that it is an illegality to have and maintain such office with our collective wealth. An office that our constitution does not provide for!

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by tit(f): 4:39am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:

Thank you. The Jonathanians are really blinded by bigotry to even understand that it is an illegality to have and maintain such office with our collective wealth. An office that our constitution does not provide for!

there is no appropriation for the office of first lady in Nigeria.
She gains her power and support from the support of the general public.
stop hating!
haterz are likely to die yung!

22 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by PassingShot(m): 4:50am On Dec 27, 2014
tit:

stop hating!

What have you just written?

Sorry, I can't help your ignorance and bigotry. Look elsewhere for cure.

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Obinoscopy(m): 5:42am On Dec 27, 2014
"It is not our portion to go back to the kitchen."

If they don't go back to the kitchen, who will? grin grin grin

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by egift(m): 5:47am On Dec 27, 2014
tit:
stop hating!

@Bold:
Tit not just that you lie, but that you Jonathan supporter do it insulting the sensibilities of every Nigeria all the time. In 2013 alone, Jonathan allocated 4 billion naira to that illegal office.

Uproar over N4bn Budget for First Lady’s Office
There was anger on the floor of the Senate Thursday when the chamber opened the debate on the 2013 budget for Federal Capital Territory (FCT), which contained a whopping N4 billion allocated to the construction of an office for the First Lady.

Neither the wife of a serving president who serves as first lady, nor her office, is accorded any form of recognition in the 1999 Constitution, which makes the N4 billion allocation illegal.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/uproar-over-n4bn-budget-for-first-lady-s-office/138107/

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by kelvinnn(m): 5:49am On Dec 27, 2014
make she go lick stew jor.......
i ordered an asus tab from konga on 23 of dec......by now 26th my order as not bn delivered....and when i checked konga website it was started that my order as bn shipped.... tho i did pay on delivery tinz shaa o. this is my first time. any help? pls am on whatsapp: 08075753750......tanx.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by noblealuu: 5:50am On Dec 27, 2014
In as much as I'm a proponent of women to occupy leadership positions, I dnt subscribe in any way to abetting unceremonial offices esp when such offices are supposed to be redundantly silent. GEJ shuld put Patience where she rightly belong when he takes his oaths of office and allegiance come May 29 2015, or better still urgently make it part of his new year resolution in '15 rather than allow her brazingly flaunt the front burner of national issues indiscrimately as seen in this present dispensation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Funjosh(m): 5:50am On Dec 27, 2014
This woman enh lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Funjosh(m): 5:51am On Dec 27, 2014
Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Innodon(m): 5:53am On Dec 27, 2014
season of attack and counter attack. I'm watching in 3D and listening with audio beat speakers and reading with 4 lensed glasses.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by bluerange(f): 5:53am On Dec 27, 2014
That should be expected.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by henryobinna(m): 5:53am On Dec 27, 2014
the journey begins
Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by gabriel212: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:

What have you just written?

Sorry, I can't help your ignorance and bigotry. Look elsewhere for cure.
please don't reply nor quote her again no matter what. she is a small girl moreover she has no voters card.
The pgej now realised the game had changed against them n they want to use character assassination against the opponent.
I believe Buhari will win by little margin not more than 2-3millions but it must be monitored closely to avoid rigging.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by nedu2000(m): 5:54am On Dec 27, 2014
more prosperous countries can afford to make candidate choices based on sex,race,tribe but not nigeria ,priority in having females in govt shld be secondary!!all we want are the best people whether its 1000 men only or 50000 women only or 1000000 hausa ministers i really don't care provided they deliver

24 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Ebubeslym(m): 5:54am On Dec 27, 2014
buhari should Just tell us he is confused about which of his wives to Make ist lady than to come here and yarn dust.

the ist lady's office has been there Since 1999

10 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by bulakos: 5:55am On Dec 27, 2014
Abeg Biko na which language she use address this people self.........mumu woman........

Though this alone can't serve as a deterrent for me and my people to cast our vote for GMB..........come 2015

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Pavore9: 5:56am On Dec 27, 2014
She has gone to her mother's place as nwanwa to scout for votes, well there is nothing wrong with that as she is their granddaughter. The wife of a man in power is equally powerful, the question is has she used that influence for the greater good?

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Nobody: 5:57am On Dec 27, 2014
She should enjoy the disco while it lasts. However, her days in Aso Rock are numbered.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:58am On Dec 27, 2014
No office for the first lady even if your husband employs 99% of women in Hus cabinet. The truth being that, all his female appointees are just errand girls for you. That are all corrupt.

#note: this is not to say women shouldn't be appointed, but no one appointed hasn't been an equal the if as their male counterpart.
May DORA, the only lady I respected, rest in perfect peace. Amen

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan Technically Tackles Buhari's 'no First Lady' Policy by Ahmed4002(m): 5:58am On Dec 27, 2014
Otueke Calling

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari At Ministerial Retreat (Photos) / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 / Sowore: Court's Order For Activist's Release No Longer Has Life - DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.