Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,100 members, 7,818,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja (47383 Views)

Offences That Will Kick You Out Of NYSC / LGA Chairman Pledges To Pay Marriage Expenses Of Serving NYSC Members In Kwara / List Of NYSC States' Orientation Camp And Secretariats Addresses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 27, 2014
Bayusity:
What I can just say is that NYSC program is becoming scam day by day as highest percentage of corpers are suffering everywhere. Imagine, here in anambra where up to 95% were posted to teaching line and most of the schools will not even give you accomodation, they will give you condition of accepting you only if you can secure an accomodation for yourself. There is no more regard to your area of study in NYSC programme, I count NYSC program to be a scam and a waste of time. Imagine, most religion family house like NCCF, MCAN, RCF etc were crowded in Anambra capital Awka just because corpers can't afford to live on their own and the employers don't even care for the welfarism of corper. If you can not engage yourself in something profitable, I guess you will be frustrated totally for the service year except you are the one born with silver spoon. May the lord help us
Am 2014 Batch C corps member platoon 7.what about you?I was posted to Amaenyi girls secondary school in Awka south local government but I have managed to relocate to oyo state 3 weeks ago...
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 27, 2014
Bayusity:
What I can just say is that NYSC program is becoming scam day by day as highest percentage of corpers are suffering everywhere. Imagine, here in anambra where up to 95% were posted to teaching line and most of the schools will not even give you accomodation, they will give you condition of accepting you only if you can secure an accomodation for yourself. There is no more regard to your area of study in NYSC programme, I count NYSC program to be a scam and a waste of time. Imagine, most religion family house like NCCF, MCAN, RCF etc were crowded in Anambra capital Awka just because corpers can't afford to live on their own and the employers don't even care for the welfarism of corper. If you can not engage yourself in something profitable, I guess you will be frustrated totally for the service year except you are the one born with silver spoon. May the lord help us
Am 2014 Batch C corps member platoon 7.what about you?I was posted to Amaenyi girls secondary school in Awka south local government but I have managed to relocate to oyo state 3 weeks ago...I stayed in MFM family house around AROMA in awka for 4 days after camp..Can I meet you?
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by yokiti: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:
90% of corp members posted to Abuja influence or pay money to be posted to Abuja. I don't see any reason why someone would want to serve in a place like Abuja and Lagos without having plans for his accommodation and PPA. The problem with Abuja is their the number of Corpers posted there are more than the available PPA so the ones without connection get rejected. There are many states in Nigeria in need of corpers with decent accommodations and low cost of living but most corpers would rather want go serve in Abuja and lagos. I served in Enugu and it was a really nice experience for me. Most of us in Enugu got good accommodation and PPA and rejection rate was very low. Prospective corpers should stop influencing their posting to lagos and abuja without having good plans for PPA and accommodation.
You have said everything that needs to be said.
Why should someone without any resident relative influence his/ her posting to place like Lagos and Abuja?
On the action of the ministries, that is due to Nigerian factor.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by greatsodade(m): 10:13am On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:
90% of corp members posted to Abuja influence or pay money to be posted to Abuja. I don't see any reason why someone would want to serve in a place like Abuja and Lagos without having plans for his accommodation and PPA. The problem with Abuja is their the number of Corpers posted there are more than the available PPA so the ones without connection get rejected. There are many states in Nigeria in need of corpers with decent accommodations and low cost of living but most corpers would rather want go serve in Abuja and lagos. I served in Enugu and it was a really nice experience for me. Most of us in Enugu got good accommodation and PPA and rejection rate was very low. Prospective corpers should stop influencing their posting to lagos and abuja without having good plans for PPA and accommodation.

True talk bro...It has really Got to stop. I had my service in Jigawa State, and I must tell u it was really worth it...yet we get paid around 3rd or 4th of every month and there is also the state allawee of #5000 too. We relate well with the locals there and learn abt a different culture entirely...people should stop influencing their post xcept in the obvious cases.this is because in actual fact it does not really determines where u'll end up in life...
Try and have an open mind and don't restrict yourself so as not to be a victim of the danger of the single story...

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Kentox(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2014
The N19800 from NYSC will not come until 9-11th of the next month.
OP I'm also a 14B corp member, serving in Kebbi State. Do you mean what you said above? And why is it so?
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by kelvinbala1992: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2014
LOL, i have to come in.. hehehe. Why use 'two because' in a single sentence. Its not wrong but its not advisable.

Firmjudge:
@ OP.
It is so sad and pathetic and as for me i wont suggest F.C.T, lagos or Port to any one.

In addition,
You totally destroyed Nlndr article posting rules
I am wondering if you are a true graduate (or writing this on behalf of someone) because i am puzzled by your write up as it is a little incoherent with lots of gramatical errors and points repetition.
Please ensure you edit an article before you post such items online because such mass errors in a small article like this does not speak well of our graduates because people from other part of the world are reading this.

Thank you.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Firmjudge(m): 11:01am On Dec 27, 2014
kelvinbala1992:
LOL, i have to come in.. hehehe. [s] Why use 'two because' in a single sentence. Its not wrong but its not advisable.
[/s]

Lol, funny.
Did you read what you qouted.?
How many sentences can you see.?
Are the words "because" appearing in a single sentence or diff sentences.
The word are in two diff sentences.
delete what you have qouted.
Indeed you actually had to come in.!
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by emerich(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2014
englishmart:
serve in borno. Then you will know how lucky you are to be serving in Abuja.
Don't quite agree with you on this, am not sure you have been to Borno State, the only problem with the state is just the state of injustice, prior to these, most corpers posted to the northeastern states are well catered for including good accommodation and state allowances, and as a corper in such states you are being showed love, most times you fare on free transportation and also a good certainty of being retained in ur PPA, the northeastern states where arguably the best states to serve in but for insurgency It's now a gory tale, with your little alawi you could save a whole lot compared to those whom are in the big cities.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by mechanics(m): 11:17am On Dec 27, 2014
TEZT:
I am a corp member serving in one of the ministry of works in Abuja. The suffering that is been experienced by corp members is something that needs an urgent attention. It starts after the camp when you will be posted to a ministry or a government parastatals and you will be rejected while corp members that are been posted to other places that they find not favourable to them collect rejection letter and had to come to the ministry that has been rejecting corp members only to be accepted all because he/she knows the perm sec or one of the directors and the rejected corp member will now have to be searching everywhere to get a place to serve which take more that 2 to 3 months after camp sometimes as if you one is looking for a job. The most annoying part of it is that Ministries or organisations that are paying corpers very well will never accept corpers on neutral ground or else you already have an in house person to "runz" it for you.
To really survive most times, some of the female corp members had to sleep around with senior staff to get some cash to keep themselves up and the male also cleaning the staff "shoes" to get peanuts to survive and some even go as far as following the female corpers around to buy them lunch which might be their last meal for the day.

As for me in the ministry where i'm serving as a batch B corp member, we have not been giving a dime from the ministry since inception of service with them and it was even so worse for them that they can't give us anything for christmas package and the N19800 from NYSC will not come until 9-11th of the next month.

Even my friends that are been posted to other states are actually having a nice time where they are and the funniest part of it is that when friend learnt that you are been posted to the FCT, they will be hailing you that you "don hammer".

My questions now are:-

1. While will a federal government agency will be rejecting an NYSC corp member which also is a Federal government project?

2. Must we know someone in one of the ministries to be able to serve our father's land now?

3. How do they want us to survive without any form of inducement to corp members from some of these ministries?
guy i reali feel 4 u, it seems u runz ur way into abuja mayb u tot u wil see d usual milk n honey, well if dats wat u are experiencing, just take it like dat, u wil soon b done with ur service n if i were u, i wil luk 4 oda things doing, dats doing home lessons, during my tym i was posted to Plauteau state without influencing anything, n since God was by my side i was posted to a very peaceful local govt, i enjoyed my stay there although i served in a sch but i thank God, even me dat stays in abuja i didnt wish to serve in abuja cos i knw wat i wil face.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by viruz007(m): 11:21am On Dec 27, 2014
Anaskie:
Ur in Abuja and ur complaining.
Ask about those in Rivers state.

In Rivers state, all corpers with the exception of lawyers and doctors are posted to classrooms.
You'll be posted to one riverine community which is only accessible by sea to teach Further Maths to students who have no bizness being in a classroom.

Worst part is that ur not paid a dime for ur services by the state govt. So, somehow ur 19800 allowee will cover ur accomodation, feeding, transport etc.

Its even far worse if ur posted to Portharcourt where accomodation and feeding is terribly expensive. The 19800 won't even cover your transport, talkless of feeding.

Guy, thank God for dat ur Abuja abeg.

NYSC is just a total waste of time.

Hello calm down... Served in Rivers. Yes terrible to be made a teacher but got paid 4 my services at the end of service year months later after POP... 110k... grin

The money go well... Served in the rural community hence d big money... A friend who served in Bonny currently lives and works Der... Rivers ain't bad to serve in save 4 d mad standard of living u might have to endure...
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Otsealu1(f): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2014
Its a pity that coppers are being treated that way. In Delta state its the same issues, we receive allowee two weeks after month end
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by tonte(m): 11:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Moral of this story...never get yourself posted to abuja without a plan...a plan means your Accomodation, transportation, feeding and then a PPA...it was only after I had started serving I realised how truly lucky I was...I got myself posted to abuja, served in my house, so that took care of my Accomodation and feeding...then my PPA was my mother's office, so that took care of my transportation and work...so I almost had no urgent need for my nysc stipend and I had all the time to do anything I wanted to do on the side since nobody at my PPA could 'tame' as effectively as they would have loved to...but then I saw what a lot of my colleagues went through I felt so bad for them and realised I was so lucky

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 27, 2014
Naavah:
Nawaoh. I kept my nysc in God's hands n I'm still counting my blessings. Ebonyi state is far frm home but still...........I see my mates that influenced theirs n I feel sorry for them
Which of the local govt are u serving ?
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Naavah(f): 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2014
sisipelebe:
Which of the local govt are u serving ?
Afikpo North
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by luminousity(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:
You said it all. I also serve in Enugu ( Orji River LGA ). If I have another chance to serve, Enugu will always be my first and last choice.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by johncreek: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Samadict:

You are all saying Abuja corpers influenced their postings. Most batch C stream two corp members didn't. Infact redeployment was too much. I didn't influence it and still dont have a PPA yet. We pick faults instead of standing together...hmmm
I agree with you on this.
many Batch C stream two were deployed to ABJ.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by fireforfire: 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Otuabaroku:
I can understand that most people influenced their posting to big cities such as Abuja, Lagos and PH but it does not take out the fact that some people are genuinely posted to these places. Must these set of people be punished because of NYSC short comings? The answer is emphatic No".

Very matured response.
somw comments here are borne out of jeaalousy because dey r not d ones posted to d "big cities" like d op so dey want to castrate him for lamenting about some unfavourable conditions.
im sure many of dem would hv loved to serve in abj if given d opportunity.
Hypocrites

4 Likes

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2014
Naavah:

Afikpo North
Wow! u are lucky, mine is @ ohaozara local gvt..
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
englishmart:
serve in borno. Then you will know how lucky you are to be serving in Abuja.

Wetin carry you go Borno in the first place. Are you related to DEATH or is ur surname SUICIDE lipsrsealed

OP not just Abj oo. Other states like Benue, Ebonyi e.t.c corpers are going through hell. Only say, Abj na confirm suffer if you are OYO in a place like that. Only transportation alone ur alawee don finish not to mention feeding, no boozing, no carrying of woman lolz.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by ogawisdom(m): 1:42pm On Dec 27, 2014
I served in jos and d little I was paid then was more than enough for me dt I saved over 50percent of my then 7500 allawee cool plus 3k local allowance.

Wetin u dey find go abuja, PH n lagos wen u no get connection come here dey lament. Wait n finish service then u will see d real labour market then cheesy

Naija na d survival of d rich n d most connected, sch grades apart. Its well
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by kommiejewel(f): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
NL is full of people with sturdy intelligence who don't hesitate to spew forth stupidity at the slightest prodding.. People are posted to Abuja and Lagos without them influencing anything... Transport in Abuja alone will exhaust the NYSC stipend let alone feeding and accommodation, the guy just spoke his mind...

2 Likes

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by matrixme(m): 2:14pm On Dec 27, 2014
My dear corper, just stop complaining and do something to improve the situuation. The irony is that if you're serving like I am in a village in (don't want to mention it) state, you will be thankful you're in civilization.
Even at that, NYSC allowee is never enough. Don't mind all these people telling you to minimize your costs and save. Except you're buying suya and coke everyday, the reality of living in Abuja is what you're experiencing in 3D.
My humble advise, please paste adverts for home tutors at strategic locations. Tell parents in Churches. Get another job if you can, and liase with your boss, explaining your living condition to him. You now have to be hardworking and sleep less if you want to make ends meet in the city. That's why it's very good to have learnt a money-making skill while in school. Most students will be going about with big gadgets, spending money on girls and all, while in school, thinking life will sort itself out when they reach that bridge. (I am not abusing you...)
That being said, please open keep your eyes open. They say when life gives you stone, you're either building a wall or a platform. Best regards!

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Zeusd3(m): 2:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
village Corpers no understand watin u dey talk... am hapi dat i didnt serve in a city...#irepvillagecorper
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by sonssyo: 2:57pm On Dec 27, 2014
johnsonjosbles:
Just Vote Buhari, all the nonsence will stop naturally believe me.

u r clueless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Orikinla(m): 3:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Raiders:

Many of the female corps members who used long legs and bottom power to be posted to Abuja are going there for other "runs".
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by sam4(m): 3:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
dnt runs urself from where God wnts u b, u may likely regret it. A piece of advice.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by 40dogzz(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Na today u know abj? na job na. I served in abj 2012, i regreated not serving else where. I advice others to in the north 2 serve in niger,benue,nasarawa,jos,kd or kwara.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by kennethchidi(m): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Adewunmi84:
shut up!!U didn't get the exemption deliberately.U were truly over-aged before u graduated.
Oga,yes I was 30 when I was meant to serve,and when dey did d right tn by granting me d exemption,I was happy and didn't fight nor lobby to serve by all means,unlike people like u who despite being 30yrs old still lobby to serve,annd den una go come here dey scream like say person send una. Its ur type dat I spoke of wey go don old well well and still wear khaki,dey form Corper. Oldman Corper! cheesy
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by zanogo(m): 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
lagos and abuja are too saturated with corpers......i nearly fell for d bait of influencing my service to lagos or abuja bt wen i saw enugu i was just indifferent but my stay so far has bn 1 of d best of my life.........waiting to resume nxt yr.
Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by zanogo(m): 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
lagos and abuja are too saturated with corpers......i nearly fell for d bait of influencing my service to lagos or abuja bt wen i saw enugu i was just indifferent but my stay so far has bn 1 of d best of my life.........waiting to resume bk nxt yr.

1 Like

Re: The Plight Of NYSC Members In Abuja by Nobody: 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
kennethchidi:

Oga,yes I was 30 when I was meant to serve,and when dey did d right tn by granting me d exemption,I was happy and didn't fight nor lobby to serve by all means,unlike people like u who despite being 30yrs old still lobby to serve,annd den una go come here dey scream like say person send una. Its ur type dat I spoke of wey go don old well well and still wear khaki,dey form Corper. Oldman Corper! cheesy
,yes I was 30 when I was meant to serve...This says it all for you that you really love to serve but luck was not with you as you were very surprised when they pasted your name among those exempted after all your efforts to change your date of birth.I don't really blame you.I blame the Nigeria system of education.Sorry,if not for strike,you would have served.Am very sure of that.Am still very young in my early 20s..Am not old cargo like you.If you doubt me,upload your picture and let me upload mine..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Verify Your NYSC 2016 Batch A Senate List / Emmanuel Etuk: Corper's 58th Independence Day Photoshoot / No Batch "A" Stream II Corps Will Be Posted To Borno Or Yobe States- NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.