Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! (20176 Views)

Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Unlawful Detention: Court Orders SSS To Apologise To El-rufai, Pay Him N2m For.. / Tambuwal Cuts Reps’ Pay By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2014
And that is how APC will rule this country if they win
They will outsource every minor responsibility of govt, including budget preparations. Rubbish and brainless hooligans.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by enigmang: 10:21am On Dec 27, 2014
onadana:
angrySo for 50 questions this fellow will be paid N115million and he will receive it and sleep well.If he had being paid him for don chop clean mouth.....we for no hear.Bro,carry your cross alone.

He is a consultant.. and a very good one at that because he was almost able to shake the minister...the HOR fellows cant be professional in everything and they have budgetary allowances for consultants... thes things dont come cheap..

The sad part is that the members cannot even study the report and ask the questions intelligently.. i can remember the episode where NOI insisted she was ready to answer the questions but they told her to take it home. that is when i knew they where scared......

1 Like

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Amanwulu1(m): 10:22am On Dec 27, 2014
onadana:
angrySo for 50 questions this fellow will be paid N115million and he will receive it and sleep well.If he had being paid him for don chop clean mouth.....we for no hear.Bro,carry your cross alone.
and u remember how idiots in dis forum celebrated their fellow idiots in d house witout realizing dat their brains were being used against NOI. Worst still, I see d reps still incite d foolish nigerians against their leaders. Agreement is agreement, let dem pay since they don't knw anytin about economy.

1 Like

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by ubongutioh(m): 10:27am On Dec 27, 2014
nduchucks:
Even in the most "advanced" countries, the representatives are not supposed to be experts in every area. They routinely hire experts/consultants to draft legislation and their staff is made up up additional experts for support.

No need to disparage the house members for using a consultant - there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is a breach of contract if one exists. The consultant should be paid as agreed to.

Its wasn't all members of the house... Members house committee on Finance. So members house committee on Finance should be well versed on that.

4 Likes

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Feraz(m): 10:46am On Dec 27, 2014
ikeonyeka:
Mr. Enwegbara is a sharp guy,
Using 20 naira reynold biro, 20 leaves exercise book and 10mb MTN data to make 115million naira.
This is wat my GNLD guys will call SMARTWORK.
Spoken like the Igbo man that you are. grin
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by osholuamhe: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2014
How many of the questions were repeated and twisted. All of them combined can not beat Okonjo Iweala. It's a very messy situation.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Jean2(m): 1:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ori awon Reps yen o gbe
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Nten: 3:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
What a shame. So a finance committee couldnt draft questions to be asked and still incompetent enough to decipher a response and still couldnt pay for the service rendered by the consultant they hired to draft the said questions but they still continue to receive outrageous billions of naira doing nothing. Wonderful bunch of thi€ves
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Kzinne: 3:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
WhoDeyThere:
nawa o. how much is d cost for drafting waec, neco, utme, ican, icen etc questions. EFCC should go for the guy.

wishing all OWE sons n daughters a wonderful OBANGOGO celebrations.
Under contract law consideration needs only be sufficient not adequate. So the man could have charged one naira for a thousand questions or a billion naira for 2 questions. Yes fees have to be reasonable however its a contract between two parties who both have the capacity to understand the legal implications of what theyre going into
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by delishpot: 4:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
See how govt things work? 100Milla just for 50 questions? Did he pay transport fare for ET to come and proof read those questions? #100 million?
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Collynzo22: 4:20pm On Dec 27, 2014
I weep for Sokoto state.
This is real cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Pennywise(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
In Nigeria's House of Assembly, anyone can create a racket out of anything. Even oversight questions. But at N2m a question...??
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by chic2pimp(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
ubongutioh:

Its wasn't all members of the house... Members house committee on Finance. So members house committee on Finance should be well versed on that.

I was actually going to reply Chuk's post then I saw this. Could not have said it any better.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by naijaking1: 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
MurphyG1:
Na wa o!

Upon the Chairman’s discovery that the 50 questions produced were beyond the committee members’ comprehension, coupled with the fear that they would have difficulty taking the Minister on those 50 questions in a public hearing, the Chairman informed Enwegbara that to be on the safe side, his committee would be handing the Minister the questions to respond in writing.

Whence the Minister of Finance eventually responded to the 50 questions in writing, the Chairman immediately reverted to Enwegbara to react fully to the Minister’s response since, according to him, the Minister’s response was also beyond the committee members’ comprehension.

@ the bolded parts: ROFLMAO

Yes oh!
The born to rule people don't need to work hard, they don't need to be smart, or even educated; all they have to do is occupy power and use other people to do their biddings.
They used Gowon and other middle belt soldiers for their own benefit, they used OBJ, because they calculated that he is a little retarded, and they are using millions of southerners in their civil services while waiting for an Egyptian to come take the job with full time benefits.
Only in Nigeria would an uneducated politician challenge a professor of economics without have an equally educated staff profile to do so.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by nduchucks: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
ubongutioh:

If you think the members of the house committee on Finance cannot use the expertise of experts in the field, then you are dellusional. Do you know how many areas of finance they have to deal with on a daily basis? They most definitely need experts to support their decision making processes.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Obinoscopy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
nduchucks:

If you think the members of the house committee on Finance cannot use the expertise of experts in the field, then you are dellusional. Do you know how many areas of finance they have to deal with on a daily basis? They most definitely need experts to support their decision making processes.
An expert to draft questions for over a hundred million naira? SMH
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by nduchucks: 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
Obinoscopy:
An expert to draft questions for over a hundred million naira? SMH

Absolutely not!!

You may have missed my initial post on this issue where I stated that even in the most "advanced" countries, the representatives are not supposed to be experts in every area. They routinely hire experts/consultants to draft legislation and their staff is made up up additional experts for support.

Having said that, no sane human being can justify a N100million fee for such a service. The fee is another evidence of how wasteful and corrupt the system is. The unfortunate truth is that, if the man has a valid contract, he will be paid the N100million.
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Obinoscopy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
nduchucks:

Absolutely not!!

You may have missed my initial post on this issue where I stated that even in the most "advanced" countries, the representatives are not supposed to be experts in every area. They routinely hire experts/consultants to draft legislation and their staff is made up up additional experts for support.

Having said that, no sane human being can justify a N100million fee for such a service. The fee is another evidence of how wasteful and corrupt the system is. The unfortunate truth is that, if the man has a valid contract, he will be paid the N100million.

Its not the man I blame, its the clueless House of Reps committee members that I blame. The man should be paid his full money, it's not his fault that the committee members are clueless up to the point of agreeing on the 100 million naira contract to draft questions.

1 Like

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Collynzo419: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
rudedough:
See where Almajiri education, quota system and extreme religious practice has gotten us.

They cannot comprehend the questions neither could they comprehend the answers. To think that this is the supposedly committee on finance is laughable.

Do not throw stones if you live in a glass house.

You have no right to make references to Almajiri education when you are no better.

4 Likes

Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Psylas(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
Chai! Smh
Re: Man Demands Reps Pay Him N115m For Helping Them Draft 50 Questions! by Rick9(m): 12:19am On Dec 28, 2014
SweetJoystick:

Ow much you win?
good cash though my first win anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nenadi Usman: I Shared N23b Diezani Poll Cash / Benue APC Leaders Search For New Party Over Threat For Hosting Mass Burial / Controversy Over Inconclusive Polls In Opposition Strongholds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.