Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo (1671 Views)

What Could Be Wrong With My Car (2005 Acura TSX) ? I'm Getting 11 Mpg.? / Acura Tsx 05 Model Or Toyota Corolla 06 Model? / Acura TL 04/5 And Acura TSX 05 Which Is More Economical And Beta To Use In Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2014
I just got this car about a month ago, and so far, the only problem I've been told about is that I need to change the radiator to double or triple cell and that 3 of the engine sittings need to be changed (back, front, and passenger side).

So far, I've used only mobil engine oil with it, and that's what I'll continue using.

Other than that, I would like to have advice on how to maintain this ride. What to do or not to do with it, common faults/problems, etc.. It's my first.

Engine is an IVTech 2.4L, 4 valves, Double overhead cam (DOHC) Engine.
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
D4V1DD4:
I just got this car about a month ago, and so far, the only problem I've been told about is that I need to change the radiator to double or triple cell and that 3 of the engine sittings need to be changed (back, front, and passenger side).

So far, I've used only mobil engine oil with it, and that's what I'll continue using.

Other than that, I would like to have advice on how to maintain this ride. What to do or not to do with it, common faults/problems, etc.. It's my first.

Why touch the car when the has no issues?

i think you should invest in this

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/BTS0505OM/enu/TS0505OM.pdf
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
I have the manual, and have read it, but I guess I'm not sure if all the maintenance tips outlined in there would correspond with Nigerian conditions.. Like the radiator for example.

Would more frequent checks be needed on specific oils and/or parts because of our really rough roafs? heat?

Just street wise experience and advice. As I know a common fault with honda is shaft, and some others I can't really remember. But like what leads to these faults, preventive measures. ETC
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:50am On Dec 28, 2014
D4V1DD4:
I have the manual, and have read it, but I guess I'm not sure if all the maintenance tips outlined in there would correspond with Nigerian conditions.. Like the radiator for example.

Would more frequent checks be needed on specific oils and/or parts because of our really rough roafs? heat?

Just street wise experience and advice. As I know a common fault with honda is shaft, and some others I can't really remember. But like what leads to these faults, preventive measures. ETC

thats a misception from nigerian

have you ever asked your why those manufacturer never bothered to write such information in the manual if the it is true ?

they would be sued by car owners for not giving such infor to car owners

what they do is they tell us the type of oil to use based NOW temperature

a car in canada with single cell radaitor will work fine if taken to saudi arabia without putting a double cell radaiator and without taking off the thermostat

and the engine temperature being on the middle pointing part it doesnt mean the car is boiling
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by sultaan(m): 1:35am On Dec 28, 2014
How many car have you ever seen that came with double cell radiator?

Your car is working now enjoy it when you go looking for problem you will find problem.

It does not matter what advice is given to you, you will still do what is on your mind so its better for you to read manuals from the manufacturer to make up your mind think of it this way you ignore a free advice but will take one from someone you will pay.

It is not personal just never seen a new car owner follow free advice but those who actually pick up manuals and read are the best Nigerian contributors here so you might just be the next one grin
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 28, 2014
Alright, thanks guys. Instructions in the manual and maintenance record book is all I'll follow. And I won't make any changes.

But the radiator issue. Is it normal for it to boil its water n coolant rigorously (like when boiling egg). I put 50/50 coolant and water but after a long drive with the ac on, you can hear the water bubbling from boiling if you're near the engine. But the guage is not even near the middle, talk less of hot. Is this a normal thing that happens?
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 28, 2014
D4V1DD4:

If you don't like trouble kick that mechanic or who adviced you to swap in 2 or 3 cell radiator. Also what specific brand of Mobil engine oil did you use?

I'd like to disuade you from removing your termostat. Under no circumstance should you remove your termostat, if they fail, replace them with exact specification. Don't follow mechanic advice and connect your radiator direct, remove your termostat and put 3 cell radiator. Check the two screengrab I made, they are Warnings about removal of termostat in my cars' PDF manual

Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by abatically(m): 9:44am On Dec 28, 2014
D4V1DD4:

If what u used is Mobil Super XHP then I'm afraid u are using the wrong oil. That oil is 20W50 which is too thick for ur Ivtec engine. Most Mechanics just recommend that oil not minding the car, that oil is meant for older cars not modern engine. Even Mobil 1 sold in Nigeria is 0w40. What's the point of buying a really good car and then use some cheap oil in it? Honda recommends 5W20 oil which is the oil that will bring out the best result in ur engine. If u can't find it at the stores then order it from Konga online.
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
abatically:

If what u used is Mobil Super XHP then I'm afraid u are using the wrong oil. That oil is 20W50 which is too thick for ur Ivtec engine. Most Mechanics just recommend that oil not minding the car, that oil is meant for older cars not modern engine. Even Mobil 1 sold in Nigeria is 0w40. What's the point of buying a really good car and then use some cheap oil in it? Honda recommends 5W20 oil which is the oil that will bring out the best result in ur engine. If u can't find it at the stores then order it from Konga online.

Thank you for this, its advice like this I was looking for. I don't know what kind of mobil oil was used. But now I'll ensure to use just the recommended... I'd normally ignore this kind of info if I see it in the manual and just generalize the oil as mobil.. But now, lesson learnt.
Re: Need Advice And Guidance On Maintaining 2005 Acura TSX Tokunbo by oweniwe(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
D4V1DD4:

Thank you for this, its advice like this I was looking for. I don't know what kind of mobil oil was used. But now I'll ensure to use just the recommended... I'd normally ignore this kind of info if I see it in the manual and just generalize the oil as mobil.. But now, lesson learnt.

na wa o. Its like assuming all cooking oil are same....

Vegetable oil, palm oil, groundnut oil, olive oil, cotton seed oil, palm kernel oil .... are all the same abi? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mystery Aux Cable Lexus Rx 330 2005 / fixed / See How Nigerian Transformed Old Black Audi R8 Into Like-new One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.