Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation (84466 Views)

Igbo Group Visits Victims Of Uzo-Uwani Enugu Massacre In Hospital (Pics) / Igbo Group Urges Buhari To Fulfill Promise To South East / Lagos Fire: Buhari Writes Fashola, Sympathises With Lagosians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:19am On Dec 28, 2014
Dannylux:
This won't end well.

LMAO! It never does.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:21am On Dec 28, 2014
oduastates:

Tunde bakare's grandfather was fulani but he is as yoruba as any omoluabi because his family has integrated.
Forget it, it ain't gonna happen and believe me when I say so.

But if it happened with Tunde Bakare, it can happen with other NIGERIANS.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Arise01: 12:23am On Dec 28, 2014
Hw come Igbo people has greedy in their nature? Wat d hell do dey tink they are,they are so desperate to acquire Wats doesnt belong to them....I pity their Generation.... theif! theif

20 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 12:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Didn't ibos say they are running things in Lagos? How many mouths do these people have One minute "we are running things" and the next minute "we are marginalized". which is it ibos?

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Niwdog(m): 12:26am On Dec 28, 2014
Many are blessed but few are blessing. Igbos are blessing to nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:29am On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo419:

Nonsense

Nigeria is made of different ethnic groups!!

Lagos is YORUBALAND!!!!

That ethnic homogeneity you talk about is only possible because YORUBAS are welcoming and give your iboe people a chance to escape poverty .
As always, you iboes will take people for fools and have declared Lagos as no man's land which is bullshiiite.

Iboes are immigrants in Lagos and all Yorubaland. U are here because we welcome u and let u live peacefully and have a life you would not have in your village

We are progressive and will vote for anyone but that is our choice and not at your request.

Can I ask you? What opportunities do non-ibos have in your state?

U can not expect to have what you can never ever give others- hypocrites!!!

Try to cool down. You are overworking yourself over nothing.
In history, a Hausa NIGERIAN was actually elected to administer Enugu state. That was before the civil war. Azikiwe, a south-easterner, played a part in western Nigeria's politics. We must try to replicate these in present day Nigeria for progress to be achieved. If we are one in Nigeria, we must strive to be integrated. Lagos state, as a multi-cultural cosmopolitan Nigerian city is a good place to start.

I am sure that you have not tried to take part in the politics of other states. The sooner you start, the better for a United Nigeria. Is one Nigeria not what you want again? I am condemned to it. I was told that as an IGBO man, I have to stick with and die in Nigeria. My fore-fathers paid a bitter price for wanting out. I have decided to be a champion of "One Nigeria". If I live in Lagos state, I should be eligible to vote or be voted for, win or lose notwithstanding.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by AJINATU: 12:31am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

LMAO! It never does.
Yeah it never does. It never ends well but you unwanted vermins and parasitic encroachers never learn from history.

Azikwe tried to lord over the western region in the 1950's and he was shown the way back to his cursed land ... Ojuku's ragtag biafran army stealthly invaded Ore, Yorubaland enroute to Lagos and 3million worthless ibo souls were sent to hell.

You descendants of cain havent learnt from the mistake(greed) of your uncles .... You are walking through the same death path ... You want everything but you will eventually get nothing

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 12:35am On Dec 28, 2014
Lagos is to Yoruba what Enugu is to ibos. Ibos can't have a say in our local politics. National politics is game.
blemon44:
ibos are left out in entirely everything in this country

so its no news if fashola does the same

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Collynzo419: 12:36am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

Try to cool down. You are overworking yourself over nothing.
In history, a Hausa NIGERIAN was actually elected to administer Enugu state. That was before the civil war. Azikiwe, a south-easterner, played a part in western Nigeria's politics. We must try to replicate these in present day Nigeria for progress to be achieved. If we are one in Nigeria, we must strive to be integrated. Lagos state, as a multi-cultural cosmopolitan Nigerian city is a good place to start.

I am sure that you have not tried to take part in the politics of other states. The sooner you start, the better for a United Nigeria. Is one Nigeria not what you want again? I am condemned to it. I was told that as an IGBO man, I have to stick with and die in Nigeria. My fore-fathers payed a bitter price for wanting out. I have decided to be a champion of "One Nigeria". If I live in Lagos state, I should be eligible to vote or be voted for, win or lose notwithstanding.

Is Lagos a no man's land?

Yes or No?

Answer that question and I will respond

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by AJINATU: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:
Thief

Isnt it ironic that the ibos, a tribe that still discriminate themselves, a tribe that still practise the Osu caste system in the 21st century are the one agitatting for political equality in another region.

Go preach your sermon of one nigerian to Governor Theodore orji who sacked fellow ibos who are non-abians from the abia state civil service

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:39am On Dec 28, 2014
AJINATU:
Yeah it never does. It never ends well but you unwanted vermins and parasitic encroachers never learn from history.

Azikwe tried to lord over the western region in the 1950's and he was shown the way back to his cursed land ... Ojuku's ragtag biafran army stealithly invaded Ore, Yorubaland enroute to Lagos and 3million worthless ibo souls were sent to hell.

You descendants of cain havent learnt from the mistake(greed) of your uncles .... You are walking through the same death path ... You want everything but you will eventually get nothing

You sound pained and sad. Cool down, no be fight na. Your vote is your power. If an IGBO man comes out to contest in Lagos state, you need to vote to exert your approval or disapproval. No need to over-work yourself.

Nigeria is on a transition. If Nigeria remains one, I say so considering the amount of hatred you spew, one day a Non-Yoruba will be governor in Lagos state. Then, other states will see the need to open up to other ethnic groups.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:40am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Lagos is to Yoruba what Enugu is to ibos. Ibos can't have a say in our local politics. National politics is game.

One day, it will happen. Same way, one day, non- IGBOs will lead in Igbo states.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:41am On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo419:

Is Lagos a no man's land?

Yes or No?

Answer that question and I will respond

Define what a "No Man's Land" is? There are people living in Lagos state.
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:44am On Dec 28, 2014
AJINATU:
Thief

Isnt it ironic that the ibos, a tribe that still discriminate themselves, a tribe that still practise the Osu caste system in the 21st century are the one agitatting for political equality in another region.

Go preach your sermon of one nigerian to Governor Theodoro orji who sacked fellow ibos who are non-abians from the abia state civil service

LMAO! Why are you so mad at me? Is it because I support a United Nigeria?

Theodore Orji realized his mistakes and called back the non-Abians that he sacked. I believe that one day, you will wake to the reality on ground. The unity that your fathers fought for must be fostered. Nigeria is for NIGERIANS irrespective of state and local government. We must build Nigeria together.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by blemon44(m): 12:48am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:

you are a fool

tell me the people that dominates lagos

who developed lagos

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 12:50am On Dec 28, 2014
That's one thing I hate about Tinubu. He shouldn't have given any ibo that position. See now, they want more, and like one ibo said "we will keep pushing till we rule Lagos and drive Yoruba out". We should find a way to collect the only commisioner position ibo occupy now and let them know that they are immigrants in Lagos.
AJINATU:
what nonsense are you saying?

Why dont you go to chibok or sambisa and preach your messaage of one Nigeria there?

Why are you ibos so greedy? You are the only non-yoruba occupying a commissioners position in Lagos yet you covetous creatures still lust for more ... What then do you want the Hausas, Ijaws, Efiks and people of other tribe that reside in Lagos to say?

We havent forgotten how Governor Theodore Orji sacked fellow ibos who are non-abians from the abia state civil service few months ago ... I think he needs your message of one Nigeria

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
That's one thing I hate about Tinubu. He shouldn't have given any ibo that position. See now, they want more, and like one ibo said "we will keep pushing till we rule Lagos and drive Yoruba out". We should find a way to collect the only commisioner position ibo occupy now and let them know that they are immigrants in Lagos.

The bolded portion of your comment is hilarious. Nobody intends to dominate you man. Trust me, nobody can dominate you. Just take a chill pill. Nigeria is big and diverse. Explore her and partake in running the nation rather than your tribe.

Have you visited the North, East and South of Nigeria? Endeavor to travel to these places, and try to settle outside your tribal boundaries. Try to integrate and build Nigeria from other places. That was what your fathers fought and died for. Don't let people deceive you that it is all about oil. I thought so in the past too, but that is only half of the story.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by AJINATU: 1:01am On Dec 28, 2014
Whitecat2 please dont respond to that nyamiri again

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:07am On Dec 28, 2014
Yoruba has taken the lead, but you are yet to produce a Yoruba commissioner in the east.
Justcash:

One day, it will happen. Same way, one day, non- IGBOs will lead in Igbo states.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 1:08am On Dec 28, 2014
These people are so crude, crass, delusional and foolishly goofy, they are like annoying pests. They have zero respect for other people, their ways , culture and way of life. Why ask other people to dilute their identity just to suit your disgusting and selfish existence...?

The clueless and ignorant people should know that private entities funds cultural activities in Lagos including Eyo, Lagos carnival, Lagos seafood festival, and even Lagos countdown.

If you need your yam or whatever crap you call it celebrated, then lobby your so called businesses and business owners in Lagos to fund it.

These people are so freeeking annoying I swear...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:08am On Dec 28, 2014
AJINATU:

You sound very sad. Unfortunately, it is unnecessary. I'm sure if I decide to dance to your ethnic based rants, you'll become active because it seems to fit you more.

You are a Nigerian and I am a Nigerian. We are Nigerians. When you fight me, you ply a path that leads to self-destruction. Nigeria must succeed, and proper integration is the way to go. Brace up and accept it.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:11am On Dec 28, 2014
Your mother is the crowned foool!
Yoruba developed and dominates Lagos
blemon44:

you are a fool

tell me the people that dominates lagos

who developed lagos

23 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by blemon44(m): 1:12am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Your mother is the crowned foool!
Yoruba developed and dominates Lagos

now i know that you don't have a mother

your life remain one bar

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 28, 2014
I am shocked that despite having 93% of Lagos' population, they could only elect a Councillor.

22 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:17am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Yoruba has taken the lead by already, but you are yet to produce a Yoruba commissioner in the east.

I didn't ask Yorubas to lead the way. I seek for Lagos State to lead the way. If Enugu was like Lagos state, I'll ask Enugu state to do same.

You are getting it wrong. This is not about tribalism or ethnicity. It is about national unity. I have properties and extended family in Lagos state. I am entitled to controlling my destiny, as a NIGERIAN, in Lagos state. Same goes for Yorubas and Hausas in other states. If we must build a United Nigeria, we must be truly integrated. Lagos is "privileged" to be the place to start this revolution from.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by aresa: 1:18am On Dec 28, 2014
Justcash:

The bolded portion of your comment is hilarious. Nobody intends to dominate you man. Trust me, nobody can dominate you. Just take a chill pill. Nigeria is big and diverse. Explore her and partake in running the nation rather than your tribe.

Have you visited the North, East and South of Nigeria? Endeavor to travel to these places, and try to settle outside your tribal boundaries. Try to integrate and build Nigeria from other places. That was what your fathers fought and died for. Don't let people deceive you that it is all about oil. I thought so in the past too, but that is only half of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

What Sardauna of Sokoto said in the above video about the same Ibo people in the same North many decades ago sums this up. No wonder you don't mess with the North or demand the same foolishness because they know you and how to deal with you...

Give them and inch and they'll take over your your land, your identity and way of life.. Very disgusting I must say..

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:22am On Dec 28, 2014
You can't dominate any part of Yorubaland even if you try, so nothing is funny about it.

I have travelled all over Nigeria except ibo region. My fathers never fought for one nigeria, the only person that wanted one nigeria is your father. Nigeria sure can't be about oil, though your people have sacrificed 3million over it, glad though that you have finaly figured that out.
Justcash:

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:25am On Dec 28, 2014
aresa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WSosECbcmM

What Sardauna of Sokoto said in the above video about the same Ibo people in the same North many decades ago sums this up. No wonder you don't mess with the North or demand the same foolishness because they know you and how to deal with you...

Give them and inch and they'll take over your your land, your identity and way of life.. Very disgusting I must say..

That was in the 1960s. Since then, we have fought a civil war, gone through many coup de'tats, and had several ethnic based crisis. IF WE WERE DESTINED TO DIVIDE, WE WOULD HAVE DIVIDED. In 2014, we are still together. It is time to start taking integration seriously. History is replete with the direction that the belief of the leader in the video has taken us to.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Nobody: 1:25am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:

This is the problem I have with Tinubu.

There are other Nigerians in Lagos - Hausa, Urhobo, Itsekiri etc all in large numbers but they're not demanding, whinning and throwing fits about Lagos' politics and/or economy.

I wonder why Tinubu would accord them Iya'loja, Commissioner etc

I'm trying hard not to think it is all for his political gains because that would be very selfish.

13 Likes

Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by whitecat2: 1:27am On Dec 28, 2014
grin
AJINATU:
Re: Igbo Group In Lagos Writes Fashola, Complains About Marginalisation by Justcash(m): 1:32am On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
You can't dominate any part of Yorubaland even if you try, so nothing is funny about it.

I have travelled all over Nigeria except ibo region. My fathers never fought for one nigeria, the only person that wanted one nigeria is your father. Nigeria sure can't be about oil, though your people have sacrificed 3million over it, glad though that you have finaly figured that out.

My fore fathers formed a country called Biafra and they were made to capitulate and embrace one Nigeria by your fore-fathers. It was a famous victory, and it is now my duty, as an Igbo man, to protect one Nigeria. Integration is important for one Nigeria. Integration implies being able to vote or be voted for in any part of Nigeria.

I have told you that you must remove the idea of domination from your head. Nobody intends to do that. You shame the efforts of your fore-fathers when you reason like that. If Igbos were as domineering as you implied, then I don't think your fore-fathers would have deemed it fit to fight for a United cause.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Pic: Beautiful Handwriting Of Kashim Shettima / MASSOB Urges UN To Recognise State Of Biafra / Buhari’s Sneakers In 2015 Vs 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.