Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:03 PM

Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's (2866 Views)

UN Summit: Nigeria's President Reading Speech From Book / Throwback Photo Of Chief Awolowo,HID,Mrs Osinbajo's Mother And Others / Chief Awolowo Released From Calabar Prison, 3rd August,1966.(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by reborn1: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2014
Kellene, spewing jargons as usual. Smh
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2014
biafranqueen:
Prove he managed the economy. Nothing was wrong with it before he took over S1.00 to 1NGN. How did he manage the economy well? Show me proof!
At least you acknowleged the fact that he managed the economy to par the naira with the dollar. He reduced inflation rate from 25% to 7% in 20 months only for his successor IBB to offshoot it. What other economic indices do you need?

1 Like

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2014
barcanista:
At least you acknowleged the fact that he managed the economy to par the naira with the dollar. He reduced inflation rate from 25% to 7% in 20 months only for his successor IBB to offshoot it. What other economic indices do you need?

WHAT! When he overthrew the democratic government it was $1.00 to N1.00 you know what I'm saying, stop it, stop pretending.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by PassingShot(m): 11:14am On Dec 28, 2014
The OP of this thread is selfish and only appealing to pity!

Cry me a river joor!
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2014
Shagari took several steps to try to strengthen the economy by cutting the budget and soon after Maj. Gen. Muhammad Buhari toppled the government, he was instrumental in destroying Egbema, an oil- producing district in Igboland. Rural small landholders, who were the great majority of Egbema's population, did not derive any direct economic benefits from oil, their overall welfare deteriorated under Buhari. Environmental pollution, rampant inflation, a shift away from labor-intensive crops due to the scarcity and rising cost of labor, and the government's failure to increase spending on schools and social infrastructure at a pace equal to that of population growth turned the oil boom into oil doom in 1983, farmers found themselves worse off than before, and the country, once agriculturally self-sufficient, had become a net importer of food. Underlying Buhari's failure to make oil resources an engine of national development, while Head of State and as Oil Minister.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2014
TunjiMsp:
and jonah is good leader right? Pls open your eyes, if it's takes just 4 years to loot all our treasury, I wonder what will happen in the next 4 years
More schools for the Alma girls in the North he built 20 how many has Buhari built? I would love more of my Nnewi brothers to get the breaks GEJ offered so they can keep employing Nigerians. Maybe more factories in Igboland will open up is that the problem? That will keep our youth from over populating Lagos is that not what you want How about more international standard projects and not the substandard ones of your hero's.

3 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by minister2015: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2014
the egocentric alhaji is playing 419 on the intellect of collective masses because he was stopped from importing which r readily availabe. can the alhaji explain to us the sources of his ill-gotten money, beneficiary of imports at the expense of nigerian masses.
Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 11:42am On Dec 28, 2014
Under GEJ in the East so many opportunities opened up.
In October 2011 International Ratings agency, Fitch Ratings revised the country’s Outlook upwards from Negative to Stable. Standard and Poor’s another internationally respected and independent ratings agency, revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to Positive. This is what many people used to secure loans in the agriculture sector outside of the Nigerian market

1 Like

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by tomakint: 9:35am On Jan 02, 2015
TunjiMsp:
and jonah is good leader right? Pls open your eyes, if it's takes just 4 years to loot all our treasury, I wonder what will happen in the next 4 years
.....and which of your treasury was looted within 4years? The way you APC children of bitterness lied on this working administration is alarming! Initially, it was $10 billion missing, later another $20 billion, there comes a phantom $49 billion and now all our treasury looted within 4yrs.....this guy.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by biafranqueen: 10:08am On Jan 02, 2015
tomakint:

.....and which of your treasury was looted within 4years? The way you APC children of bitterness lied on this working administration is alarming! Initially, it was $10 billion missing, later another $20 billion, there comes a phantom $49 billion and now all our treasury looted within 4yrs.....this guy.
They amaze me with these tales of fallacy. $49billion in one whole year thats equivalent of N14 trillion in one calendar year . How much is Nigeria total earnings? From were did the former Governor come up with that and even pronounce it publicly, I mean did he do the math grin

2 Likes

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by tomakint: 10:30am On Jan 02, 2015
biafranqueen:
fallacy. $49billion in one whole year thats equivalent of N14 trillion in one calendar year . How much is Nigeria total earnings? From were did the former Governor come up with that and even pronounce it publicly, I mean did he do the math grin
My sister wetin man go do now grin grin remember we are dealing with the worst propagators of propaganda in the history of this Country. The pull-him down syndrome had eaten deep into the fabrics of APC goons.

1 Like

Re: Excerpt From Book By Alhaji Abimbola Awofeso Chief Awolowo's Nephew On Buhari's by cooljude(m): 11:43am On Jan 02, 2015
APC could have provided a candidate that would fit the modern Nigeria. Buhari has his followers but it is most unlikely for Buhari to win.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Role In The Civil War – Awolowo / The Lucis Trust / Facebook Is Banned In China So The Youths Can Be Productive.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.