Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences (34201 Views)

My Hilarious Pregancy Cravings... / Do You Remember This Lamp? Share Your Experiences Here / Will You Terminate Your Pregnancy If The Doctor Told You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ireneony(f): 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
benuejosh:
space-booking, God is watching
grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ireneony(f): 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Nairaland's craziest, most volatile and troubleshooting sweetheart quotes me gringrin
How you doing ma.. Hope your ministry is moving grin

Well you know how we say on Nairaland...If you don't know the meaning of cravings... Go and do the needful grin

Google it
am not talking about myselfundecided am talking about otherstongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Nairaland's craziest, most volatile and troubleshooting sweetheart quotes me gringrin
How you doing ma.. Hope your ministry is moving grin

Well you know how we say on Nairaland...If you don't know the meaning of cravings... Go and do the needful grin

Google it
. Lolzzz. nice answer.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by DWJOBScom(m): 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
God bless and support pregnant ladies and their "doting" husbands

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
am not talking about myselfundecided am talking about otherstongue

Others can goggle it too tongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adaobi12:
. Lolzzz. nice answer.

wink
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ireneony(f): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Others can goggle it too tongue
bros you strong for face o shocked, u resemble person Wey de smoke weed grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
bros you strong for face o shocked, u resemble person Wey de smoke weed grin

I was just waiting for when you would say something stupiid grin

and see.... You didn't disappoint megrin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by benuejosh: 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jamean:
tongue and you are His eyes tongue

then, am watching you
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by ireneony(f): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

I was just waiting for when you would say something stupiid grin

and see.... You didn't disappoint megrin
na truth I talk nor change am for me grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by adigunbolaji(f): 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
I can remember that during my 1st preg,I will cook moimoi almost everyday during my second trimester and make my sis to go and buy eko in a place that is far enough from our house,my husband must cook egusi and EBA or fufu if he wants me to eat,my mum will always send fufu from Ibadan to ogbomoso.sweet memories

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by benuejosh: 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jamean:
My mum always share the story of how she always had severe cravings to drink garri when she conceived me, irrespective of what she cooked.

A neighbour noticed and told her it was gonna cause dandruff on the baby's scalp. She ignored it and went on drinking garri angry

She said 3weeks after I was born, while bathing me, she discovered a plethora of dandruff on my scalp embarassed

Fast forward till now, I have battled with dandruff like someone trying to treat cancer, yet not much result.

Moral : you will have cravings during pregnancy, but watch it, 'cause they may have adverse effect on you and your baby.
will comment later, remind me.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cutiereborn(f): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
With all the replies on this topic, I just can't wait to conceive and have my own cravings. Pregnancy is such a blessingtongue

4 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ishilove: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

Loool.... Naaah. You know me.... I'm too cool for that.grin

Why put her in the family way when I can have the family in my hands by marrying her.grin
*shrugs*

Who knows. Mistakes happen wink
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
ireneony:
na truth I talk nor change am for me grin

I don hear grin
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ishilove:

*shrugs*

Who knows. Mistakes happen wink

Who knows

*shrugs*
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by deevatee(f): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adaobi12:
my cousin carved for the smell of zee soap. we just dey buy zee dey keep with nobody keeping it.
it didn't stop at that , she takes nutri C and popcorn like tomorrow no dey.
the worst of it all is that, u dare not use perfume or body spray near her. she will snap at you eh. I was overjoyed when she put to bed partially because of the baby and partially because I will now spray my perfume without anyone snapping at me.

the one that pains me most is waking me up in the middle of the nite when am about to change gear for sleep to soak abacha for her.

To all the mamas in the house, I twale 4 una...
hahahahahaha...@when am about to change gear for sleep to soak abacha for her.

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by 1one: 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2014
cutiereborn:
With all the replies on this topic, I just can't wait to conceive and have my own cravings. Pregnancy is such a blessingtongue

You maybe craving Nairaland when you're pregnant tongue

1 Like

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by chocobel(f): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
Hahahahhah,oh God.I pray neva 2 have such crazings as 2 beg 4 corn..I'v been laughing @ d thought of it since..chai!!looking @ d woman from hand to mouth,I'm sure she got uncomfortable sef.
taryour:
Nice thread.

My first pregnancy wasn't funny at all o, spent first 3 months at the hospital. In that 3 months I dare not talk to anyone in the morning before I brushed my teeth,I would vomit the whole day. I onece asked my mum if I can just vomit the baby out to relieve me off the stress.

Very early in the morning I would mix a whole jug of water with a spoon of milo and take it one spoon after few minutes interval to help with the taste in my mouth. I couldn't eat much in the first 3 months cause I was really sick and vomited a lot.

After 3 months was OMG, I got a lot of energy and would do so many things. I would walk when I was supposed to take bike, I would at the bustop waiting for cheap ridiculous buses,not that I dint have enough on me oo. Lol

My cravings oo, after each anti natal visit,I go to a road side shed and order for a plate of abula( amala,gbegiri and ewedu) then top it with a bowl of ice cream. I will be so tire when I get home cause of intentional long stay waiting for bus. I just lie naked and direct the ac straight to my head.

Oh I loved boiled corn with chilled coke, I could eat over 400 naira worth at a go. Infact I begged a stranger in a public transport for boiled corn.the woman wasn't surprised,she just handed over. You needed to see how I rushed the corn like I had been starved for years,I was so happy. I had hungrily watched the woman eat her corn jejely until it got to the last piece,I couldn't bear it anymore I wanted to cry I just had to open up and beg for the corn.

Then my crave for ofada rice was something else, I could go up to 1 or 2 hour drive to get it o,with all this lagos traffic. Where ever I go, once I site it I will stop and buy oo and do take away, I even tell my hubby to get for me on his way,I will describe to him where to get it and call him to remind him so he doesn't come home telling me forgot and drove pass.

Another craving of mine was stewed snail or with vegetable,I would finished a whole pot sitting on the bare floor in just rapper alone. Then cat fish pepper soup. Ha God bless my hubby, he over tried sef.

Second pregnancy,no sickness but vomit,cravings too but more energy and experience.

Preggy is great fun. When you see your baby,nothing on earth can be compared to that joy.

*Modified* forgot to add that I hated the smell of ward rope? Chai OMG once I open a closet filled with clothes,off I go vomiting. So I just cover my nose when picking clothes to wear.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by delishpot: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2014
taryour:
Nice thread.

My first pregnancy wasn't funny at all o, spent first 3 months at the hospital. In that 3 months I dare not talk to anyone in the morning before I brushed my teeth,I would vomit the whole day. I onece asked my mum if I can just vomit the baby out to relieve me off the stress.

Very early in the morning I would mix a whole jug of water with a spoon of milo and take it one spoon after few minutes interval to help with the taste in my mouth. I couldn't eat much in the first 3 months cause I was really sick and vomited a lot.

After 3 months was OMG, I got a lot of energy and would do so many things. I would walk when I was supposed to take bike, I would at the bustop waiting for cheap ridiculous buses,not that I dint have enough on me oo. Lol

My cravings oo, after each anti natal visit,I go to a road side shed and order for a plate of abula( amala,gbegiri and ewedu) then top it with a bowl of ice cream. I will be so tire when I get home cause of intentional long stay waiting for bus. I just lie naked and direct the ac straight to my head.

Oh I loved boiled corn with chilled coke, I could eat over 400 naira worth at a go. Infact I begged a stranger in a public transport for boiled corn.the woman wasn't surprised,she just handed over. You needed to see how I rushed the corn like I had been starved for years,I was so happy. I had hungrily watched the woman eat her corn jejely until it got to the last piece,I couldn't bear it anymore I wanted to cry I just had to open up and beg for the corn.

Then my crave for ofada rice was something else, I could go up to 1 or 2 hour drive to get it o,with all this lagos traffic. Where ever I go, once I site it I will stop and buy oo and do take away, I even tell my hubby to get for me on his way,I will describe to him where to get it and call him to remind him so he doesn't come home telling me forgot and drove pass.

Another craving of mine was stewed snail or with vegetable,I would finished a whole pot sitting on the bare floor in just rapper alone. Then cat fish pepper soup. Ha God bless my hubby, he over tried sef.

Second pregnancy,no sickness but vomit,cravings too but more energy and experience.

Preggy is great fun. When you see your baby,nothing on earth can be compared to that joy.

*Modified* forgot to add that I hated the smell of ward rope? Chai OMG once I open a closet filled with clothes,off I go vomiting. So I just cover my nose when picking clothes to wear.

Chei, alonga. Ha ha. Hope that baby wasnt too fat? He over gbadun for bele.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by tayoccu(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
no be small thing, still on it with wifey, her craving changes like the weather, what she craves for today, can irritates her tomorrow.
I remember one night she asked for shawrama, and I obliged, and she said she felt the baby jump for joy.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by cutiereborn(f): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2014
1one:

You maybe craving Nairaland when you're pregnant tongue
True, but the food section specificallytongue
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
deevatee:
hahahahahaha...@when am about to change gear for sleep to soak abacha for her.
. Nna eh. it pains a lot. but I gat no choice. the hubby is a rig worker. he us hardly around.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by JoanJohnson(f): 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
This is really funny. I know of a lady who used to come to our compound to ask of sour soup, she would go to the restaurant close by and get all the stale soup, another was our next door neighbour who liked wood, she chews it like meat. I pray mine shouldn't be tasking for my future hubby.

So blessed to be a woman.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Ariyke: 7:18pm On Dec 29, 2014
Oh! The joy of motherhood cheesy
All my sister crave for is anything with excessive pepper and she would be eating and crying as if na by force to eat pepper grin

8 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by troy20(m): 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2014
well for me my cravings have always been thesame anytime...getting in some pretty dames panties.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by troy20(m): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
cutiereborn:
it is indeed when you have someone who shares same dreams as yours.we can make it happen dear.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by chival(f): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
@EfemenaXY: sorry, my bad. I remember it was debrief. Got you guys mixed up.
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by Chinoble(f): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
Is not easy o. My big sis own na to follow follow the hubby up and down, dey pinch am ontop. To the extent that the hubby had to hide everyday in other to go to work.
Always stealing meat frm the pot and begging strangers even what we ve in the house.
Last year, my preg neighbour came to ask me the soap we(my bro n I) are using to bath, i was surprised and i told her eva soap. She said: plz auntie Amaka, help me change the soap i no like the smell @ all. Hmmm i was like....r u serious!?(i wonder how the soap smell take reach their own apartment ) She said yes, plz u can use lifebouy, that soap they r showing in TV. I went to the market the next day, got the lifebouy, after using it, next thing she is @ my door again! Auntie plz dis one is the worst! I cnt enter my room again, go back to eva or even iris spring no dudu osun..........lol
later dat day, the hubby told me that they ve used almost all the soap in market but the wife liked none. Now they r using B29 soap to bath.

Wonder How mine will be like. The follow follow, pinch pinch hubby own will be better.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by EfemenaXY: 7:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
chival:
@EfemenaXY: sorry, my bad. I remember it was debrief. Got you guys mixed up.

Lol!

No worries. smiley
Re: Share Your [pregnancy] Cravings Stories/Experiences by DollyParton1(f): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
Lol. This wasn't me but my best friend.
When she was pregnant with her first son, she was in Law school then. Her husband would visit her every other day. On this particular day, she was craving Ofada rice. She then called her husband to get it for her. The guy come forget to get am but quickly called one of his friends to get it and bring it down to meet him at his wife's school.
Immediately my friend sight her husband get out of the car, lock the car with no signs of Ofada rice, she don begin dey cry internally. The kind aggressiveness she used ask for the ofada no get part two. The husband then explained to her. Then she refused to go anywhere, she said she would stay ouside till the ofada comes. She even refused to talk to her husband.
When the guy finally arrived with the Ofada, it turned out to be one plate. She was actually expecting two plates, she was so sure one plate wont fill her. Na so my friend just grabbed the ofada from them turned around and walked off. No goodbye and no thank you.
She then headed for one of her friend's room and started wailing. Fear first grip that one, she thought maybe something bad had happened, she then pacified her and got to know it was ofada causing the whole drama. She had to start petting her, went to get chilled Coke for her and begged her to finish that one that if e no reach, they would organise more.
It turned out that she couldn't even finish the one plate, she had to force herself . And as soon as she was done eating, she just went to sleep immediately.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RELOCATION SALE: PLOT OF LAND WITH GERMAN FLOOR. I OWN IT! / Help: Creche And Preschool In Lekki/ajah / 22 Children’s Hilariously Inappropriate Spelling Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.