Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II (8847 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Outcome Of The National Assembly Election / 2015 Presidential Election - A More Objective Prediction Of The Outcome / GEJ Reacts To Buhari's Prediction Of Bloody 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by emiye(m): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

APC getting stronger in benue? It is very much easier for Buhari to win in the se/as than for him to win in benue state. Do you seriously expect benue to vote for a fulani man after what they have passed through in the last few years? Also in nassarawa you expect eggons to vote for a fulani man? Are you for real?

Yes , APC is stronger. a stronger platform does magic than the overrated tribal bigotry . 2 fulani men had roughly 35% of benue vote in 2011 (ribadu/buhari). Buhari had roughly 40% of votes in Nassarawa, with the aid of APC platform, and a current APC governor, he will perform better.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by PassingShot(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

APC getting stronger in benue? It is very much easier for Buhari to win in the se/as than for him to win in benue state. Do you seriously expect benue to vote for a fulani man after what they have passed through in the last few years? Also in nassarawa you expect eggons to vote for a fulani man? Are you for real?

But PDP barely won Benue (66%) and Nassarawa (59%) in 2011! So it is still a close call in those two states.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by tomakint: 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

Keep deceiving yourself.....when you are serious....I will engage you.
Ilugun you know waternogetenemy got you there with that brilliant and simple analysis! As a man, I was expecting you to counter him with credible and reliable arguments......don't chicken out now please!
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
tomakint:

Ilugun you know waternogetenemy got you there with that brilliant and simple analysis! As a man, I was expecting you to counter him with credible and reliable arguments......don't chicken out now please!

So you believe that there are more christians in Ogun than Muslims?....well I'm not surprise

....while I don't like discussing politics mix with religion...I would say that assertion is a fat lie.

Cluelessness is an attribute of most GEJ supporters.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

One thing that gives me comfort is that you have NEVER give an accurate political prediction...

You always lose...you are a loser..

But I told you ngige and fayemi would lose woefully and they did
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

But I told you ngige and fayemi would lose woefully and they did

I can't remember you predicting Ekiti's election....but I rmembered very well your prediction that Ihedioha will be Speaker by December 3rd.

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

But PDP barely won Benue (66%) and Nassarawa (59%) in 2011! So it is still a close call in those two states.

I always believe in action and not noise By February 2015,we will sit and analyse the results. What I know is that it is easier for Buhari to win in the ss/se than for him to win in benue state
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by PassingShot(m): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

I always believe in action and not noise By February 2015,we will sit and analyse the results. What I know is that it is easier for Buhari to win in the ss/se than for him to win in benue state

But facts don't lie? Or do they? I have just given you what happened in the last election and you're ranting!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

I can't remember you predicting Ekiti's election....but I rmembered very well your prediction that Ihedioha will be Speaker by December 3rd.

I remember it very well, you can search my posts. I also remember telling you that apc will never float a Muslim-Muslim ticket and you were arguing seriously with me that fashola Will be Buhari's running mate
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

But facts don't lie? Or do they? I have just given you what happened in the last election and you're ranting!

Did GEJ not win Buhari in the last election too? So why are we here arguing?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by waternogeteneny: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

So you believe that there are more christians in Ogun than Muslims?....well I'm not surprise

....while I don't like discussing politics mix with religion...I would say that assertion is a fat lie.

Cluelessness is an attribute of most GEJ supporters.

Nobody disputes that Muslim are not in Ogun, but we make bold that Ogun State is Predominantly Christain unlike Oyo.

Since Buhari choose an RCCG pastor for Ogun in attempt to get the Christain vote we are saying that does votes are already secured for GEJ and even the muslim votes in the state via the traditioanl channels or institutions held by the Obas who run contrary to Tinubu.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
waternogeteneny:

Nobody disputes that Muslim are not in Ogun, but we make bold that Ogun State is Predominantly Christain unlike Oyo.

Since

Stop quoting me.....I don't have the leisure of time to keep replying to wild and unverifiable crap.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by tomakint: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

So you believe that there are more christians in Ogun than Muslims?....well I'm not surprise .
To answer you, sometimes ago I was based in Ilorin and this same debates came up and after much researches from my team then, we discovered that Christians are more. The influence of Winners, ECWA and CAC in Ilorin is too much to resist. Kaduna comes next, are you aware that Christians are more than Muslims in this State. My brother, things are changing...
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by waternogeteneny: 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

Stop quoting me.....I don't have the leisure of time to keep replying to wild and unverifiable crap.

Run along sore loser. Whining go kill some of una after Feb 2015 grin
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Adminisher: 12:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Your analysis is too optimistic for Jonathan and pessimistic for Buhari. Please don't base anything on results of 2011, you will be shocked and a master mind should never be shocked.

First of all, Tinubu is not the driver of Buhari's popularity in the SW, he is merely a benefactor of it. Most people do not understand Nigeria and what it is and used to be. During Buhari/Idiagnon regime, the seat of power was at Dodan Barracks, Lagos not Abuja. The FG even then had been dominated by northerners but was essentially based in Lagos in the SW so the nature, power and influence of the people governing then were visible to the people of thenSW. Now last week was the umpteenth time I would talk to an ordinary taxi driver and endure him regaling me of stories of the anti corruption drive, discipline and egalitarian promise that the Buharo/Idiagbon regime provided to Nigeria and for Christ sakes this are just semi illiterate drivers. So let us get it out of the way and admit that Buhari has a base in the SW not beholden to Tinubu who has corruption baggage.

Now for the North Central, who are the drivers here?. The drivers are retired military officers and top civil servants. To think these people (mostly Christian) so traumatised by the Boko haram crisis would foolishly flock to Jonathan as a saviour is over simplifying issues. For one thing, Jona has not done much to protect anybody there which fact is not lost on the intelligent civil servants and veterans of the Liberian war who make up the opinion makers. Having a redeemed pastor as VP destroys a lot of negative stereotyping of Buhari here.

For South South which is Jonathan's second most important base (the SE is actually his most important base, never that mind he is Ijaw), you have to be unwitting about the diversity of the region to give too much to Jonathan in this section. Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta ethnic nationalities are very divided about whether they should throw all into the Ijaw agenda, all the stories of Tom Polo and his gunboats that should be for the Nigerian Navy where do you think they are coming from? Please dont forget that all Jonathan has if he wins at all is just four years. Meanwhile there is the Ijaw-Itsekiri tension is age old, the Upland- Riverine tension in Rivers state is likely to cost the PDP the governorship of that state and I know what aim talking about, I am posting this from Portharcourt. Crops Rivers PDP also has issues with some people doing the winner takes all kind of politics. In all these, all thePreidént has to bargain and close the gaps in his base is money. Charisma and gravitas are almost non existent in him.

So the fair balance of forces appears as follows

NW Buhari
NC Buhari 60 Jonathan 40
SW Buhari 55 Jonathan 45
NE Buhari 95. Jonathan 5
SE Buhari 20 Jonathan 80
SS Buhari 45 Jonathan 55

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by PassingShot(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Did GEJ not win Buhari in the last election too? So why are we here arguing?

And that's what I've told you. That the margin was small and Buhari is running on APC and not CPC which had no structure. Btw, I benue to Jonathan but I believe Buhari has a chance to win in Nassarawa for the reasons I have enumerated earlier.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

I remember it very well, you can search my posts. I also remember telling you that apc will never float a Muslim-Muslim ticket and you were arguing seriously with me that fashola Will be Buhari's running mate

Now that is funny....I should search your post to prove what?

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by PassingShot(m): 12:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Adminisher:
Your analysis is too optimistic for Jonathan and pessimistic for Buhari.

It was deliberate. If you read my OP, I said I was looking for a possibility of Jonathan winning FAIRLY without the usual massive rigging of PDP.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
tomakint:

To answer you, sometimes ago I was based in Ilorin and this same debates came up and after much researches from my team then, we discovered that Christians are more. The influence of Winners, ECWA and CAC in Ilorin is too much to resist. Kaduna comes next, are you aware that Christians are more than Muslims in this State. My brother, things are changing...

There is no demographic counting to agree to that......in my fair guess....the indigenous population of Ogun state is fairly spread between Christians....Muslims and traditional worshippers.
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by waternogeteneny: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

There is no demographic counting to agree to that......in my fair guess....the indigenous population of Ogun state is fairly spread between Christians....Muslims and traditional worshippers.

Nobody disputes that Muslim are in Ogun, but we make bold that Ogun State is Predominantly Christain unlike Oyo. tongue
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

And that's what I've told you. That the margin was small and Buhari is running on APC and not CPC which had no structure. Btw, I benue to Jonathan but I believe Buhari has a chance to win in Nassarawa for the reasons I have enumerated earlier.

Who told you APC had no structures? Buhari's running mate bakare was even far more popular than the virtually unknown osibanjo
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
PassingShot:

It was deliberate. If you read my OP, I said I was looking for a possibility of Jonathan winning FAIRLY without the usual massive rigging of PDP.

So when GEJ wins, it is rigging abi? But free and fair when Buhari wins right?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Adminisher:
Your analysis is too optimistic for Jonathan and pessimistic for Buhari. Please don't base anything on results of 2011, you will be shocked and a master mind should never be shocked.

First of all, Tinubu is not the driver of Buhari's popularity in the SW, he is merely a benefactor of it. Most people do not understand Nigeria and what it is and used to be. During Buhari/Idiagnon regime, the seat of power was at Dodan Barracks, Lagos not Abuja. The FG even then had been dominated by northerners but was essentially based in Lagos in the SW so the nature, power and influence of the people governing then were visible to the people of thenSW. Now last week was the umpteenth time I would talk to an ordinary taxi driver and endure him regaling me of stories of the anti corruption drive, discipline and egalitarian promise that the Buharo/Idiagbon regime provided to Nigeria and for Christ sakes this are just semi illiterate drivers. So let us get it out of the way and admit that Buhari has a base in the SW not beholden to Tinubu who has corruption baggage.

Now for the North Central, who are the drivers here?. The drivers are retired military officers and top civil servants. To think these people (mostly Christian) so traumatised by the Boko haram crisis would foolishly flock to Jonathan as a saviour is over simplifying issues. For one thing, Jona has not done much to protect anybody there which fact is not lost on the intelligent civil servants and veterans of the Liberian war who make up the opinion makers. Having a redeemed pastor as VP destroys a lot of negative stereotyping of Buhari here.

For South South which is Jonathan's second most important base (the SE is actually his most important base, never that he is Ijaw), you have to be unwitting about the diversity of the region to give too much to Jonathan in this section. Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Delta ethnic nationalities are very divided about whether they should throw all into the Ijaw agenda. Please dont forget that all Jonathan has if he wins at all is just four years. Meanwhile there is the Ijaw-Itsekiri tension why is age old, the Upland- Riverine tension in Rivers state is likely to cost the PDP the governorship of that state and I know what aim talking about, I am posting this from Portharcourt. Crops Rivers PDP also has issues with some people doing the winner takes all kind of politics. In all these, all thePreidént has to bargain and close the gaps in his base is money. Charisma and gravitas are almost non existent in him.

So the fair balance of forces appears as follows

NW Buhari
NC Buhari 60 Jonathan 40
SW Buhari 55 Jonathan 45
NE Buhari 95. Jonathan 5
SE Buhari 20 Jonathan 80
SS Buhari 45 Jonathan 55

Very funny analysis, u peeps just wake up and post what you like on social media. Buhari gets 100% in the nw,20% in the se and 45% in the ss? Bros are you for real?
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Jakpon: 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
waternogeteneny:

Nobody disputes that Muslim are in Ogun, but we make bold that Ogun State is Predominantly Christain unlike Oyo. tongue
And in your sick mind you think the people of Ogun will vote for GEJ just because he is a christian and not because of his performance.

Were the Ogun PDP stalwarts that despoiled the state not christians? E.g Obasanjo, Gbenga Daniels, Dimeji Bankole etc

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Jakpon: 12:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

Who told you APC had no structures? Buhari's running mate bakare was even far more popular than the virtually unknown osibanjo
As at 2011 there was nothing like APC. BUHARI AND bakare ran under the platform of CPC. what is now known as APC is the merger between CPC, ACN, ANPP and Okoroca's faction APGA

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by waternogeteneny: 12:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
Jakpon:
And in your sick mind you think the people of Ogun will vote for GEJ just because ge is a christian and not because his performance.

Were the Ogun PDP stalwarts that despoiled the state not christians? E.g Obasanjo, Gbenga Daniels, Dimeji Bankole etc

Like i said earlier, GEJ has invested in Ogun and Oyo axis and that investment is visible to the people of Ogun and Oyo.

OBJ will never work for Tinubu APC over his PDP, regardless of the public show he may put up to decieve people.

The Obas in yorubaland feel intimidated and cornered by Tinubu and presently run contrary to Tinubu, all the PDP candidate in the remaining state reflects this.

Not only will Buhari lose the south west, APC will lose the south west to PDP IN 2015.

This analysis is the reason illugun that was the first to quote me on this thread is now whining. Provide credible source to dispute this please!
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
people trying to bring all the ethnic and religion divide into everything. Mind you(bigots), the south-south is not as united as you bigots want to make everybody feel. the SS is actually the most divided region in Nigeria.
Apart from ijaw nation, who again is blowing the gej trumpet so loud in SS? Majority of people singing the gej praises in the SS are doing it because of the christianity factor not because of a "united SS" region.

@passingshot, maybe i will PM you about my locality

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Jakpon: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
waternogeteneny:

Like i said earlier, GEJ has invested in Ogun and Oyo axis and that investment is visible to the people of Ogun and Oyo.

OBJ will never work for Tinubu APC over his PDP, regardless of the public show he may put up to decieve people.

The Obas in yorubaland feel intimidated and cornered by Tinubu and presently run contrary to Tinubu, all the PDP candidate in the remaining state reflects this.

Not only will Buhari lose the south west, APC will lose the south west to PDP IN 2015.

This analysis is the reason illugun that was the first to quote me on this thread is now whining. Provide credible source to duispute this please!
1) mention one project that jonathan started, completed and commissioned in Ogun state within the last 5years

2) Obj does not need to 'work' with Tinubu. Obj was still an active member of the PDP when Tinubu's ACN dislodged PDP out of the southwest

3) How did you come about the assertion that he Yoruba Obas feel intimidated? Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos endorsed APC and Ambode; Alake of Egba and Awujale Sikiru Adetona of Ijebu are solidly behinde Amosun; Alaafin Oyo has a Son in Ajimobi's government Cabinet; the Soun of Ogbomoso's son is contesting under the platform of the APC for Ogbomoso federal constituency. The Oni of Ife is the only pro-PDP Oba in
Yorubaland.

4) buhari and osinbajo would win in the southwest and in the whole federation. The only vote gej will get would be from ibos like you

2 Likes

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by tomakint: 1:40pm On Dec 28, 2014
ilugunboy:

Agreed, I personally don't have the accurate measurement to know which is more.....however, when you factor in the rate at which Muslims and Traditionalists are converting to Christianity then you'll understand my point! Happy New Year in Advance Bro!

1 Like

Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
tomakint:

Agreed, I personally don't have the accurate measurement to know which is more.....however, when you factor in the rate at which Muslims and Traditionalists are converting to Christianity then you'll understand my point! Happy New Year in Advance Bro!

Happy new year in advance brov..
Re: 2015 Presidential Election - Prediction Of The Outcome II by PassingShot(m): 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukwudi44:

So when GEJ wins, it is rigging abi? But free and fair when Buhari wins right?

My statement is laden with more meaning than meets your eyes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aregbesola Denies Plan To Stop School Feeding Scheme / State Of The Nation: noa Calls For Peace, Tolerance And Caution / Nigeria’s Unemployment, Poverty Rates Increased In 2017 – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.