Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai (3548 Views)

Battle Between Awolowo, Akintola Led To 1966 Coup- Yakassai / Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai / Buhari Did Not Visit Chibok - GMB Campaign Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by limamintruth: 10:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Why Jonathan did not visit Chibok—Yakasai
Category: Lead storiesPublished on Monday, 29 December 2014 05:01Written by Maryam Ahmadu-Suka, KadunaHits: 4853
Alhaji Tanko YakasaiElder statesman and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, at the weekend said it was too risky for President Jonathan to visit Chibok when over 200 school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in April.
Over 200 students were abducted from the Government Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State in April this year. Civil right groups and the international community had urged the federal government to rescue the girls who are still in captivity.
President Jonathan did not visit the school, leading to more criticism of his administration.
But Alhaji Tanko Yakasai said in the popular Radio Nigeria Kaduna Hausa programme, “Hannu da Yawa” monitored in Kaduna Saturday that soldiers were the right people to be sent to that town and not the president.
He said: “Why I think the president’s decision not to visit the area is not bad is because we were all aware of the deteriorating level of insecurity in that part of the country. We all know it was too risky for the president to visit Chibok at that time. The president is not a soldier, soldiers are the people that should be sent there. If I was the president and such an incident occurred, the right thing for me to do was to send soldiers and to be frank, our soldiers are doing their best. We are hearing on radio and reading on newspapers how soldiers are being killed but yet they are doing their best. I don’t know what is happening, the Minister of Defence, Ali Gusau, is a northerner, the National Security Adviser is a northerner, the Inspector General of Police is northerner, the Chief of Defence Staff is also a northerner.
“All Nigerian soldiers are under his order, if all these people cannot address the problem how would it be easy for the president to do it? Don’t forget that suicide bombers are now experts, so what will happen if they ambushed the president and something bad happened to him? Do you think his people will accept that? Except if people want the country to return to the Niger Delta militants era.”
On Boko Haram, Alhaji Yakasai said to end the crisis, serious measures must be taken.
“Could you imagine that today we are talking of female suicide bombers when we all know in history that females are known to be shy and peace loving? But today, a girl of age 13 was caught with bombs, some have detonated their bombs which killed many people in Kano. This is why it’s always advisable to tackle such a problem at the early stage before its get out of hand,” he said.
The elder statesman further lamented the plea by Borno elders for the government to withdraw soldiers from the area, saying it is a wrong decision. He called on Nigerians to continue advising government on ways to end the killings in the region as he appealed to Muslims and Christians to continue praying for the cooperate existence of the country.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/42...
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by enoqueen: 10:35am On Dec 29, 2014
When Jonathan was a deputy governor, calamity befall Alamesiagha, when he was vice president, calamity befall Yar'adua, and now he is the president of nigeria, a lot of calamity are befallen nigeria. 100,000 of nigerians are now refugees in their own country, over 13,000 have died in the hands of boko haram, fuel from 65 to 97, import duty is now times two, NEPA tariff going high, dana air crash, Agagu plane crash, Yakowa and Azazi crash, Dambaba Suntai crash, two military helicopter crash, super eagle defending champion zero, corruption, impunity, political thugs in d highest level. To mention but few. Jonathan is a calamity which any nation should pray against.... Beware!!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by SeverusSnape(m): 10:48am On Dec 29, 2014
There are places that are too risky for the president to visit and chibok is one of those places, Even though he wants to, His CSO have the power to prevent him.

5 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by martincbarton: 10:56am On Dec 29, 2014
So, these girls are now history. hmmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by minister2015: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Yakassai has always been a fifth columnist, provided money goes into his acc.

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 29, 2014
limamintruth:
Why Jonathan did not visit Chibok—Yakasai
Category: Lead storiesPublished on Monday, 29 December 2014 05:01Written by Maryam Ahmadu-Suka, KadunaHits: 4853
Alhaji Tanko YakasaiElder statesman and chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, at the weekend said it was too risky for President Jonathan to visit Chibok when over 200 school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in April.
Over 200 students were abducted from the Government Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State in April this year. Civil right groups and the international community had urged the federal government to rescue the girls who are still in captivity.
President Jonathan did not visit the school, leading to more criticism of his administration.
But Alhaji Tanko Yakasai said in the popular Radio Nigeria Kaduna Hausa programme, “Hannu da Yawa” monitored in Kaduna Saturday that soldiers were the right people to be sent to that town and not the president.
He said: “Why I think the president’s decision not to visit the area is not bad is because we were all aware of the deteriorating level of insecurity in that part of the country. We all know it was too risky for the president to visit Chibok at that time. The president is not a soldier, soldiers are the people that should be sent there. If I was the president and such an incident occurred, the right thing for me to do was to send soldiers and to be frank, our soldiers are doing their best. We are hearing on radio and reading on newspapers how soldiers are being killed but yet they are doing their best. I don’t know what is happening, the Minister of Defence, Ali Gusau, is a northerner, the National Security Adviser is a northerner, the Inspector General of Police is northerner, the Chief of Defence Staff is also a northerner.
“All Nigerian soldiers are under his order, if all these people cannot address the problem how would it be easy for the president to do it? Don’t forget that suicide bombers are now experts, so what will happen if they ambushed the president and something bad happened to him? Do you think his people will accept that? Except if people want the country to return to the Niger Delta militants era.”
On Boko Haram, Alhaji Yakasai said to end the crisis, serious measures must be taken.
“Could you imagine that today we are talking of female suicide bombers when we all know in history that females are known to be shy and peace loving? But today, a girl of age 13 was caught with bombs, some have detonated their bombs which killed many people in Kano. This is why it’s always advisable to tackle such a problem at the early stage before its get out of hand,” he said.
The elder statesman further lamented the plea by Borno elders for the government to withdraw soldiers from the area, saying it is a wrong decision. He called on Nigerians to continue advising government on ways to end the killings in the region as he appealed to Muslims and Christians to continue praying for the cooperate existence of the country.

www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/news/42...
a lengthy post for something dats none of our business undecided
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by san316(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2014
What about the governor that went there? is he a police man?

what about Obama that left US to visit his troops in Afghanistan? is he airforce?

what about the Nigerians that are living there? are they zombies?

tell us another story jooir.

we don't even want him to go sef.

13 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by san316(m): 11:33am On Dec 29, 2014
What about the governor that went there? is he a police man?

what about Obama that left US to visit his troops in Afghanistan? is he airforce?

what about the Nigerians that are living there are they zombies?

tell us another story jooir.

we don't even want him to go sef.

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2014
It was risky for Jonathan but not risky for the Governor and the policemen. It was risky to visit but won't be risky to campaign in borno. What a useless and non-challant administration.

Sai Buhari

11 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by gmaribel(m): 11:47am On Dec 29, 2014
If he had even gone to the Governor's office and gave a speech or meet with the parents there, it would have been good.

But not going there at ALL.! Haba!! That was insensitive.

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by gbengress1: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2014
Risky4 d C in C ? Are u kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by hakanai(m): 11:59am On Dec 29, 2014
what of Sambo, CDS etc.?
i mean the FGN is not serious at all.PDP is a very foolish party of thieves. So the FGN can not send anybody yet people live there and a government i suppose to be there! Very useless reason i say.

4 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by limamintruth: 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2014
Japhet04:
a lengthy post for something dats none of our business undecided

Why isnt it your biz if i may ask? Or are you not a nigerian?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by LRNZH(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
hakanai:
what of Sambo, CDS etc.?
i mean the FGN is not serious at all.PDP is a very foolish party of thieves. So the FGN can not send anybody yet people live there and a government i suppose to be there! Very useless reason i say.

Thank you. No person from the FG visited there meanwhile

the Borno APC governor was able to visit.
Obama visited US troops in Afghanistan.
George W Bush visited US forces in Iraq.

Na juju dem use?

3 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by madridguy(m): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
A leader who cannot sacrifice his life for his follower does not worth a president.

5 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Change2015(m): 4:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
When he loses the election to GMB, there will be more excuses. Nothing is ever his responsibility or fault? Embarrassing

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
if you were president at this time, will you go and visit...even when the military and SSS intelligence say it is too risky to have you there?

barcanista:
It was risky for Jonathan but not risky for the Governor and the policemen. It was risky to visit but won't be risky to campaign in borno. What a useless and non-challant administration.

Sai Buhari
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by anonimi: 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
enoqueen:
When Jonathan was a deputy governor, calamity befall Alamesiagha, when he was vice president, calamity befall Yar'adua, and now he is the president of nigeria, a lot of calamity are befallen nigeria. 100,000 of nigerians are now refugees in their own country, over 13,000 have died in the hands of boko haram, fuel from 65 to 97, import duty is now times two, NEPA tariff going high, dana air crash, Agagu plane crash, Yakowa and Azazi crash, Dambaba Suntai crash, two military helicopter crash, super eagle defending champion zero, corruption, impunity, political thugs in d highest level. To mention but few. Jonathan is a calamity which any nation should pray against.... Beware!!!

I will ignore the incoherence and bad grammar plus structure of your post to talk about YOUR calamity message!

As for me and my household we will take a man who is PROGRESSIVELY reviving our railway sector over & above a daft old soldier who senselessly cancelled a metro rail project in Lagos over 30 years ago out of ethnocentric HATRED.
That is just one very comparable sector oh!

When all is taken into consideration, I will advise anyone to also choose that Goodluck calamity over the Buhari calamity any day, won't you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2014
all the military chiefs have been there apart from the chief of Naval staff

hakanai:
what of Sambo, CDS etc.?

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2014
so if he goes and gets attacked and killed that would be more satisfactory to you?

madridguy:
A leader who cannot sacrifice his life for his follower does not worth a president.

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by anonimi: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:

Sai Buhari

Yes it was risky for the president to visit Chibok. Thankfully he did not as any fatality there could have spiralled and snowballed into a situation beyond imagination for our country as we currently know it.

As for your governor and policemen rant, you need to be reminded of how the PROPAGANDA fuelled media-hugging Association of Pretending Crooks, APC governors visited Maiduguri a few days before the president's planned visit to score cheap points of not being afraid of Boko Haram then. In case you do not know the logistics and security protocol for the president's visit to ANY where is not done in a matter of days or weeks, sometimes even months talk less of when a security situation is involved!

Presidency: APC Govs’ Maiduguri Visit Was Reckless, Opportunistic
06 Mar 2013

Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, who spoke to journalists in Abuja said: “The APC governors’ visit was hurriedly packaged to pre-empt the visit of Mr. President which had been planned and scheduled several weeks ago.

“This is surely an act of crass opportunism and political desperation on the part of these governors and the party they represent.”
According to Okupe, “We regard that visit as a media circus, stunt and photo-op by these governors who were apparently in Maiduguri to feather their political nests.

“If one may ask, where were these governors in the last 18 months that they had been in office? It is obvious that it is part of their mobilisation drive that took them to Borno State, rather than any patriotic call to duty.
“These are desperate power mongers who flock together in spite of their obvious conflicting political philosophies and inordinate ambitions.”

Okupe called on ACN to explain to Nigerians the benefits that the celebrated visit had brought to the citizens of Borno State and what effect it had on the activities of the Boko Haram sect, which even carried out bomb attacks while the APC meeting was in progress.

“That visit was borne out of sheer political recklessness and could have caused Nigeria major security embarrassment but for the fact that the Federal Government and its security apparatus took extra efforts to ensure that the visiting governors were safe.

“Being elected officials, the onus was on the Federal Government to ensure that they were safe in spite of their being oblivious of the peculiar security implications and real potential dangers inherent in their hurriedly packaged visit,”
Okupe said.

Okupe further described the APC as a rickety political organisation seeking cheap publicity, saying, “The visit had nothing to do with sympathy, as it was borne out of political recklessness and political grandstanding.

“The Federal Government does not play to the gallery, it is doing what ought to be done.”

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/presidency-apc-govs-maiduguri-visit-was-reckless-opportunistic/141372/

Not surprising given that the governor of Borno state is an APC leader!

That was on February 28, 2013.
Jonathan visited a week later on March 7, 2013.

You obviously do not understand that you are playing with serious fire that could burn ALL of us!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
anonimi:

Yes it was risky for the president to visit Chibok. Thankfully he did not as any fatality there could have spiralled and snowballed into a situation beyond imagination for our country as we currently know it.

As for your governor and policemen rant, you need to be reminded of how the PROPAGANDA fuelled media-hugging Association of Pretending Crooks, APC governors visited Maiduguri a few days before the president's planned visit to score cheap points of not being afraid of Boko Haram then. In case you do not know the logistics and security protocol for the president's visit to ANY where is not done in a matter of days or weeks, sometimes even months talk less of when a security situation is involved!

Not surprising given that the governor of Borno state is an APC leader!

That was on February 28, 2013.
Jonathan visited a week later on March 7, 2013.

You obviously do not understand that you are playing with serious fire that could burn ALL of us!!!
Anonimi read what you wrote again!! The President could not visit borno despite the international outrage over the missing chibok girls and other sad occurence. If I was the President, I will temporarily relocate the seat of power to Maidugury and ensure that such embarrassment is brought to a halt. The president takes weeks, months or years to go on visits but few hours to schedule campaign. Obasanjo visited Lagos 24hours after the cantonement blast in 2002. Bros, our presido is nonchallant and incompetent

7 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
enoqueen:

I concur. The fool occupying Aso rock remains a curse to the Nigerian Nation.

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2014
anonimi:

I will ignore the incoherence and bad grammar plus structure of your post to talk about YOUR calamity message!

As for me and my household we will take a man who is PROGRESSIVELY reviving our railway sector over & above a daft old soldier who senselessly cancelled a metro rail project in Lagos over 30 years ago out of ethnocentric HATRED.
That is just one very comparable sector oh!

When all is taken into consideration, I will advise anyone to also choose that Goodluck calamity over the Buhari calamity any day, won't you

So in ur daft state, all these can be compared and far superior to the death of thousands of innocent Nigerians and hundreds of thousands of Nigerians made refugees right inside their country under the leadership of Jonathan.
If so, I think it's fair to say that ur love ones are next in line when evil boko choose to strike next.
Oponu.

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Demdem(m): 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
so if he goes and gets attacked and killed that would be more satisfactory to you?

How will that be possible? A whole CinC and u are telling me that some miscreants will get hold of him.

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by limamintruth: 6:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
madridguy:

Lol cheesy, you are funny ooo
Since Independence, which nigerian leader has ever voluntarily sacrificed himself for his country

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by anonimi: 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
Demdem:

How will that be possible? A whole CinC and u are telling me that some miscreants will get hold of him.

- What was General Aguiyi-Ironsi when he was killed, AinC?
- What was General Murtala Muhammed when he was killed, BinC?

Further confirmation that daftness is a pre-requisite to be a sympathiser/supporter/member of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC
Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Eziachi: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Every sane person knows that Jonathan shot himself on the foot by not visiting Chibok while the whole world was watching.
Especially after swimming in denial that the kidnapping was a hoax for weeks.

So how will he justify the idea of campaigning in that state for his re-election? Wouldn't gathering thousands of people in one spot, be riskier, if that was his excuse?
If with thousands of security around him, he considered a part of his domain too dangerous for him (the servant) why must it be safe for his master, (the public)?

Does he need to announce to the world that he is visiting the affected areas just like leaders with troops in Afghanistan or Iraq does frequently to re - assure the troops and the public that you are with them when made several unannounced visits?

Be it as it may, you are telling the public that you swore to protect, that their lives are inferior to yours. Only in Nigeria will a so called leader get away with such.
Listening to Yakassai will give even a fool the clue that the mentality of an average Nigeria ruling elite and their disdain to ordinary folks and their total lack of empathy to people they treat as dust on their shoes.

3 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by tonte(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
nope they won't get a hold of him, but that does not mean that they would not at least try...and in trying that would mean that some other people who would be alive by his not coming may have to die because people may be trying to kill mr president...which may later mean he will have to abort the visit to chibok..he's said it before that he wants to visit, but has not got the required security clearance to do so....so let me ask you, if you were mr president, and you don't have the required security clearance to visit, are you still going to take the risk to visit?

Demdem:

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Eziachi: 7:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
anonimi:

- What was General Aguiyi-Ironsi when he was killed, AinC?
- What was General Murtala Muhammed when he was killed, BinC?

Further confirmation that daftness is a pre-requisite to be a sympathiser/supporter/member of the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC
The idea of leadership is the ability to put your life on the line for those peasants that pay you handsomely to be their leader.
It sounds terrible but if don't have such a sentiment, you are not a leader let alone calling your self commander in chief.
Just a mere big sounding title that has no meaning at all. During the war, Ikemba was well known among the Biafra army for coming right into the fiercest war zone area in person.
How much it encourages the troops when you see your commmander in in chief right in the middle of it. And then he will walk around the towns under bombardment and empathize with the refugee public in person. Despite all the mistakes made, we loved him for it.

3 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by Eziachi: 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
tonte:
nope they won't get a hold of him, but that does not mean that they would not at least try...and in trying that would mean that some other people who would be alive by his not coming may have to die because people may be trying to kill mr president...which may later mean he will have to abort the visit to chibok..he's said it before that he wants to visit, but has not got the required security clearance to do so....so let me ask you, if you were mr president, and you don't have the required security clearance to visit, are you still going to take the risk to visit?

You mean your president won't campaign in North East in this election with unpoliceable thousands of people in attendance?

3 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Did Not Visit Chibok - Yakassai by dat9jaguy(m): 7:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
SeverusSnape:
There are places that are too risky for the president to visit and chibok is one of those places, Even though he wants to, His CSO have the power to prevent him.

Bros take it easy,the cso has no power over the president.The cso is in charge of the president's security detail.The president can go where ever he likes,
the cso can only advice him

(1) (2) (Reply)

CERTIFICATE SCANDAL: BUHARI'S Popularity/Integrity On A Sharp Decline NationWide / Breaking News!!! Pdp Loses Six Reps To Apc, Lp / See Video Of How Tanzania Girl Left In Pit For 8 Months By Boyfriend Was Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.