Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide (1029 Views)

Olufemi Olu-kayode Reacts To Abba Kyari's Appointment As Buhari's Chief Of Staff / Blame Buhari For Fuel Scarcity / Blame Buhari, Shettima, Lai Mohammed If Chibok Girls Are Not Found — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by alabiyemmy(m): 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
WHY LAGOS HAS NO TRAIN AND WATER. WE ALL MUST BLAME BUHARI. Chief Richard Akinjide (SAN)

Speaks on Buhari's cancellation of Lagos Train service which is cause to traffic jam in Lagos today. So when you are in traffic in Lagos, remember Buhari put you there. And if you buy water to bathe or drink. BUHARI MADE THE LAND OF AQUATIC SPLENDOUR NOT TO HAVE WATER. He speaks on the 50 million dollars dollars paid to a French company, the debt it caused Lagos and that HE HIMSELF AS ATTORNEY GENERAL VETTED THE DEAL FOR THE PROJECTS PERSONALLY.

Hear the former Attorney General and Senior advocate of Nigeria.

"If Buhari stands for any election 10 times, he will lose#
WHY?
He hasn't got the electoral advantage to win an election. He has done a lot of things in the past, which shows that he hasn't got democratic norms. For instance, the government of Lagos State was to do the railway system and we know what he did about it. Nigeria has one of the worst railway systems in Africa today. Lagos State was going to do water system; he (Buhari) cancelled it. He even cancelled the railway system (metroline) in Lagos State. The railway system was approved by Shehu Shagari and the agreement was vetted by me as the Attorney-General and Lagos State deposited $50 million to a French company, which they forfeited and then they were asked to pay damages again in arbitration. Buhari was told that and he didn’t care. His belief was that South would be better developed than the North. Anybody who thinks like that is not worthy of being President of this country. That is one of the reasons he has no political advantage for any political party. We all know what he did about human rights abuses. He imprisoned many political leaders.

IS THAT WHY HE HAS CONTESTED IN THE LAST THREE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS AND LOST?
Let him contest again. If he does again, I don’t see him winning and I mean it.

BUT BUHARI FOUGHT CORRUPTION.

There is nobody in this country who has not fought corruption, one way or the other. But if you remember when he became Head of State, he was from the North, the Vice President was also from the North (Kwara) and the Secretary to the Federal Government was also from the North, as if South did not exist at that time. That is a serious wrong political arithmetic. People will not forget that and I mean it. But when he left power through a military coup against him, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida came to power and he took as Number Two people from Abia and later Edo State. So, we had a fair balance at that time. If you are doing Nigerian politics, you must have a fair balance. Anybody that made that mistake again as Buhari did, he will lose election."

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by tosin2013: 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Everybody trying to pull down the people's general.
shocked cool

The problem is

He is simply UNSTOPPABLE grin
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by holatin(m): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2014
and shey na buhari dey rule Lagos for d past ten yrs ?

he did not want to take more loans or
devalue the naira.dats why he stop d railway.

*will modify later
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by falconey(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
So because he is the next president by GOD's grace......you are blaming him already don't worry he will fix it
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by kettykin: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
I hope this time around he will not take away what ever remains of the light finally
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
tosin2013:
shocked cool

The problem is

Nobody is pulling your general down!
Your general is down, very down, but folks like you are wasting your breath trying to pull him up.

The floor is open, your general should tell his on side of the stories and put the records straight.

In February, he will cry again.

My concern is the blood.....

4 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Safari29: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
So we should go bankruptcy because of a rail and water system?
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
falconey:
So because he is the next president by GOD's grace......you are blaming him already don't worry he will fix it

Jonathan is fixing them, Buhari need not worry!
He bungled his chances.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2014
Safari29:
So we should go bankruptcy because of a rail and water system?
Ha!
Did you really type this or your keyboard has a mind of its own?

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by BossAyuk: 5:23pm On Dec 29, 2014
There is nobody in this country who has not fought corruption, one way or the other. But if you remember when he became Head of State, he was from the North, the Vice President was also from the North (Kwara) and the Secretary to the Federal Government was also from the North, as if South did not exist at that time. That is a serious wrong political arithmetic. People will not forget that and I mean it. But when he left power through a military coup against him, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida came to power and he took as Number Two people from Abia and later Edo State. So, we had a fair balance at that time. If you are doing Nigerian politics, you must have a fair balance. Anybody that made that mistake again as Buhari did, he will lose election."
BRB
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Ngwakwe: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
The mirage the Buharists put in front is not actually what goes on the surface. The Buharists cannot make Nigeria whole. They are after the windfall!

Those who are enemies of Mr President and those who lost out from direct connection to national purse gathered together and made a covenant whose foundation is their common enemy.  They share no ideological connection, neither are they friends
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by IGBOSON1: 5:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
tosin2013:
shocked cool

The problem is

^^^So what part of the interview is a lie?

@Post: I wonder if these Buhari supporters would have reacted differently to the Lagos issue if the culprit had been Igbo!? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by Haywhymido(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2014
Front page material. U no comment u r on ur own.
Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by mauriceju2(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
BUHARI IS NOT THE CHANGE WE WANT
DEAREST NIGERIANS,
Let me not talk about the PDP's, butTHESE ARE
THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS:
(1) SOKOTO - Aminu Waziri
Tambuwal (former PDP)
(2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu
(former PDP)
(3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari
(former PDP)
(4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP)
(5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i
(former PDP)
(6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru
(former PDP)
(7) BAUCHI - Barr. Muhammad
Abubakar (former PDP)
(cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya
(former PDP)
(9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani
(former PDP)
(10) ADAMAWA - Umar Jibrilla
Bindow (former PDP)
(11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong
(former PDP)
(12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom
(former PDP)
(13) TARABA - Aisha Jummai
Alhassan (former PDP)
(14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside
(former PDP)
(15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP)
(16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP)
(17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP)
(18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP)
NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State &
National Assembly Candidates are also all former
PDP members!
Let me not also forget to state that AUDU OGBE,
APC's chieftain was a former Chairman of PDP
(2001-2005).
Do I also need to mention Atiku Abubakar?
Or Rotimi Ameachi who was a PDP Speaker of
Rivers state Assembly for 8 Years then Governor
for 7 years?
The list goes on and on.
If PDP wasted and stole our time and resources
for the past 16 years, my dearest citizens, the
names listed above and many more are part of
these bunch of criminals who stole and wasted
these our resources. They were and are part of
the people who lied and lie to us.
My people, YES! We want change, but if I am a
thief in Agbada, would wearing a Nnyika make me
not to be a thief? Would I stop being a thief
because I changed gang?
Some of us will always argue that the states
controlled by these thieves are better than the
others, but let me ask: Did Ameachi do all he did
for Rivers in the past 1 year that he became a
memebr of the APC? Was it last year that APC
was formed that the transformations in KANO
took place or began? Was it APC's Government
that did the stuffs in IMO?
Dearest Citizens, for 16 years we have been
under the PDP's Umbrella. Yes, but which person
in this APC has not been in the corridor or close
to the coridor of power in these past 16 years?
Not only am I so disapointed in us as citizens, I
am ashamed to be a part of this generation. We
revolved & continue to revolve aroung the same
group of people since Independence yet we seem
to be comfortable with it.
If they're saints as they claim, we wouldnt be
where we are today.
Do I need to start mentioning their names and
potfolios?
If I cant mention all, at least I know for a fact that
as far back as 1982, Audu Ogbe was not only a
speaker of his state assembly, he also was a
Minister in Nigeria. Infact, he held two ministerial
positions.
I also know without doubt that Gen Buhari apart
from being a PTF Chairman, rose to become the
President of Nigeria as far as 1983.
Very resently, Atiku Abubakar was an 8 years
Vice President.
I cant believe that at 72 some one who was
President at 41 wants to be president again.
I cant also come to term with my self when ever I
read that Gen Yakubu Gowan was about 23 years
old when he became Nigerias President. Well, I
am above 23 now and I cant even feed myself.
My dearest citizens of the Republic, do we
continue rotating our leaders and expect to move
forward? Do we expect to be in 2015 and have
some one who ruled us decades ago rule us?
As a child, I heard of Shehu Musa Yar'dua. As a
teenager, I had Umaru Musa Yar'dua rule me as
president. When do I see Taofeek Olanipekun be
my president? When do I see a 31 year old Daniel
Jaja, Yaqoob Akaaba, James Edafe, Mutiat Oyali
e.t.c be governors or senator or even ministers?
Dearests, Gen Martin Luther Agwai, the former
Chief of Army Staff is now the Chairman of SURE-
P.
David Mark, former governor of 2 different states
is today our Senate President. Tomorow, if PDP
no longer favours him, he will join forces with APC
or which ever party there is.
We are where we are today because our fathers
failed in their reponsibilities to plan for us. Are we
going to let our children suffer what we suffer by
allowing these people rotate offices among
themselves?
Whether we like it or not, Buhari as a former
president recieves a Pension of 22.7 million.
Whether you like it or not, when Jonathan
completes his tenure, he will also recieve his
millions as pension and the cycle will continue.
One thing is sure, if Jonathan retains his
presidency next year, he will not employ me in
his government. One thing is also sure, if Buhari
wins, he will not employ you in his government.
Who will they then employ? Ofcourse, they will
employ the same old crooks to help them out.
This is not Change, APC is not change. When we
see change, we go know!
God Bless Your Hearts!
https://www.nairaland.com/2066801/reasons-why-apc-doesnt-represent

1 Like

Re: Why Lagos Has No Train & Water. We All Must Blame Buhari. Chief Richard Akinjide by bymigokeph: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
But he
cited Zamfara as the
‘safest state’ in the North-
West where Jonathan’s
posters and presidential
campaign materials are
“freely distributed without
any fear.”

why do APC want a repeat what happened in 2011 when BUHARI losses again in 2015

(1) (Reply)

PTF: Witness Against Buhari Is Dead, Says PDP / "Jonathan Did Not Finish His Phd Course" -- Obasanjo / Buhari And Goodlucks HIV Status.see#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.