Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement (1978 Views)

Forgive Me When I Said That APC Is An Islamic Party, It Was A Joke –ekwunife / APGA Is Not A Political Party, It Is A Regional Association . Okorocha / Is This Funniest Political Party Name Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2014
If you are not yet aware, the All Progressive Congress of Nigeria (APC), is more than just a Political Party. It is a Political Movement to a better and greater Nigeria. It is a movement for a positive Change.

Here are some of the things you should know about the APC:
1. It is political party that from day one. is aimed to unite Nigerians towards progressive leadership to inspire healthy competition and collaboration among the diversities of the Nigerian Federation.

2. Everyone is welcomed to APC. As long as you are a Nigerian, you can find your footing on this platform - irrespective of your religion, ethnicity, tribe, culture or language.

3. APC is bigger than the founding members and the leadership of the party. The party draws its strength and relevance from the poll of its membership.

4. The APC is a movement to stop corruption in Nigeria, especially in public offices. Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigeria such that no matter the efforts government put into development, no tangible results are coming forth. Corruption has also thrown the spanner into the wheels of Nigeria's development.

5. This movement is aimed to tackle issues affecting Nigerians over the decades. From empowering the federating units to massive infrastructural development, improvement in electricity supply, security of lives and properties, the economy, education, healthcare, technology, human capital development, effective government agencies and programmes, etc.

6. APC's quest for leadership at the centre is aimed to cut down on recurrent expenditures, boost capital expenditures, make leaders accountable, empower Nigerians, bringing social justice, outline a clear pathway to development and follow it strictly.

7. Streamlining our laws for better execution and implementation.

8. This movement will strengthen Nigeria, bring about stronger co-existence among the citizens, where every Nigerian will feel free and proud of being a Nigerian.

9. In All Progressive Congress of Nigeria leadership governance will be closer to the people and everyone will have a say in matters of National Security, Policies and Development.

10. And many more.

Join the movement. Say no the continuity of corruption and failure. Together we can make it happen. Forget the naysayers who will like to discourage, speak evil of our collective resolves and tell you corruption cannot be defeated or minimized in Nigeria.

Power is in your hand. Sai Buhari 2015. God bless Nigeria - to God be the glory!

4 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2014

Vote for Change for a greater Nigeria. Sai Buhari 2015 - ka chukwu mezie okwu grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by pacifique(m): 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
Nonsense! GEJ till 2019!! APC should go and d.i.e...

6 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 29, 2014
We definitely need change but the truth need to be told... Buhari is not the change that we need... GEJ till APC gets a credible candidate... Movement of disgruntled PDP members..

6 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Adminisher: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
APC is a political party with the good the bad the ugly. It is GMB that is the leader of a movement.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Descartes: 8:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
The APC is a movement to stop corruption in Nigeria, especially in public offices. Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigeria such that no matter the efforts government put into development, no tangible results are coming forth. Corruption has also thrown the spanner into the wheels of Nigeria's development-eGift(2014)
shocked shocked shocked
...with the likes of Tinubus, Sarakis, Barajes, Amaechis, Atikus, Akandes, etc. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 8:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Descartes:
-eGIFT(2014)
shocked shocked shocked
...with the likes of Tinubus, Sarakis, Barajes, Amaechis, Atikus, Akandes, etc. grin grin grin

Only Nigerians can solve the challenges facing Nigeria - Not Strangers from other planets. While you point fingers to members of APC who have not been convicted of any crime, you are embracing and celebrating Ex-convicts in PDP, who have proven and convicted records of crime.

It is only Criminals and their Agents who do not want to be held accountable to the crimes they have commited - that are doing all the can to retain this corrupt administration.

2015: Vote for change.

5 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by mekaboy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
You are right, APC is a movement, but the direction is backward. Bring an old man from yesteryears who knows nothing about democracy to rule a country in this 21st century,to me is moving backwards.

APC is a movement, so is sharia and bokoharam. The movement for full implementation of sharia in Nigeria. That is what bokoharam movement is all about, that is what buhari and APC movement is all about.

APC the same destination buhari arrived in 2003-2007-2011, that is where this movement will land in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2014
mekaboy:
You are right, APC is a movement, but the direction is backward. Bring an old man from yesteryears who knows nothing about democracy to rule a country in this 21st century,to me is moving backwards.

APC is a movement, so is sharia and bokoharam. The movement for full implementation of sharia in Nigeria. That is what bokoharam movement is all about, that is what buhari and APC movement is all about.

APC the same destination buhari arrived in 2003-2007-2011, that is where this movement will land in 2015.

Your rants lack substance.

@ Bold:
In 2011, Buhari's CPC was only a few months old with one State, he got 12 million votes.
Today APC commands 14 States in support for Buhari. With Senator, Reps, etc. Buhari's candidacy also have support from many states he did not even get votes in 2011. At the same time, Buhari still have majority of his support base intact.

Buhari will be elected because Nigerians are disappointed with the failures of Jonathan. Getting older as a person gives you a better understanding of life, experience and knowledge.

Under Buhari's leadership, every section of Nigeria will be carried along. From the creeks to the sahara and East to the West.

Sai Buhari 2015.

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
YES APC IS OCCULTIC ISLAMIC MOVEMENT
I WILL DAMAGE APC 2 WEEKS TO THE ELECTION.
I WILL RELEASE A DANGEROUS DOCUMENT THEY DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OTHER PERSON COULD HAVE ABOUT THEIR TRUE AGENDA.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by larrymoore(m): 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2014
Movement from AD to APC to what next
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2014
masterpower:
YES APC IS OCCULTIC ISLAMIC MOVEMENT
I WILL DAMAGE APC 2 WEEKS TO THE ELECTION.
I WILL RELEASE A DANGEROUS DOCUMENT THEY DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OTHER PERSON COULD HAVE ABOUT THEIR TRUE AGENDA.

Okupe became a Bastard after completing the same mission you are embarking upon.

Change is here to Stay. To God be the glory.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by psucc(m): 9:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Personally, I do not see the saint in them. It is still the same blood of PDP running the party.
The same lack of internal democracy in PDP is also an issue in APC .
The principal officers of the APC had also taken their pound of flesh on this country.
Am afraid we may be into another Morsi Era like the Egyptians but can our military act and swiftly too, should they arise?

I doubt.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
egift:

Under Buhari's leadership, every section of Nigeria will be carried along. From the creeks to the sahara and East to the West.

Sai Buhari 2015.

why do you people love to lie even to yourselves so much?
every intelligent and educated Nigerian knows that Buhari is a Northern Islamic militarist, despotic, authoritarian, rigid, and invidious person.
these qualities make him a very bad leadership material for the Nigerian nation at this stage of her development.
some of you even go to the ridiculous extent of claiming that Buhari will "defeat" boko haram.
tell me, can satan cast out demons? wouldn't that destroy his kingdom?
while you are packing your malodorous cow dung for Nigerians to consume, please stop using lines that even the dumbest of Nigerians would struggle to digest.
your favourite "sai buhari" sounds more like "chai Buhari! " to me! shocked

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
psucc:
Personally, I do not see the saint in them. It is still the same blood of PDP running the party.
The same lack of internal democracy in PDP is also an issue in APC .
APC is nothing like the PDP and there is no way APC led FG will repeat the fraudulent illegalities of the present administration. Talking about Internal Democracy - while APC had a transparent primary elections at all level, the PDP are yet to recover from the sham they organized. Here in Enugu, 4 candidates emerged (it is yet to be resolved). No go to Ogun, Cross River, Rivers, etc. Even Maku has decamped.

The principal officers of the APC had also taken their pound of flesh on this country.
Am afraid we may be into another Morsi Era like the Egyptians but can our military act and swiftly too, should they arise? I doubt.
Why Buhari is need as President is that he has the Will and courage to confront Nigeria's challenges, be it economic, political or security. A Head of State, he personally led the command when Cameroonian Army invaded Cross River. Jonathan on the other hand, can't even make a quick stop in Chibok or visit the Soldiers at the front-line.

Corruption is too much, support the Movement for Change.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
even Obasanjo, a smart open minded Christian ex-general struggled to operate under civilian dispensation.
he abused so many democratic norms, rigged so much elections, even up to the extent of scheming to stay in office for life!
how much worse would a near illiterate, islamist, fulani despot who just opened a twitter account scheme to take us back to 19th century? smdh.
my consolation is that your Buhari can only be president in your twisted and sick minds!
Nigerians are waking up daily and more and more are beginning to wake up from their deep slumber before our nation is destroyed by boko haram sympathizers.
APC is a movement that the church of satan would envy!
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 9:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
relchange:
why do you people love to lie even to yourselves so much?
every intelligent and educated Nigerian knows that Buhari is a [s]Northern Islamic militarist, despotic, authoritarian,[/s] rigid, and invidious person.
these qualities make him a very bad leadership material for the Nigerian nation at this stage of her development.
some of you even go to the ridiculous extent of claiming that Buhari will "defeat" boko haram.
tell me, [s]can satan cast out demons? wouldn't that destroy his kingdom?[/s]
[s]while you are packing your malodorous cow dung for Nigerians to consume, please stop using lines that even the dumbest of Nigerians would struggle to digest.
your favourite "sai buhari" sounds more like "chai Buhari! " to me![/s] shocked

Putting aside all the insults and low self esteems, one thing is clear, nothing is left. (I will not reduce myself to talk about Jonathan in such manner).

Here are my response:
- Buhari is not responsible for insecurity in Nigeria, if he was Jonathan should have had him in jail by now.
- The accusation of being Rigid is only coming from criminals who will want the laws bended backwards to accommodate their crime, stealing and fraudulent activities.
- Getting old makes one more experience, knowledgeable and better understand the issues. And for Buhari, it is a plus.
- In all you rants all we can deduce is Hate and affinity to Corruption. You simply hate anyone who will stop it from draining Nigeria's revenue.

Electing Buhari has become very necessary because the current administration has failed and are presiding over massive corruption.

#Change 2015.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Juliaann(f): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2014
APC is a party of liars and thieves

even if we need change definitely not from an old man who is old enough to be my great grand father,the truth is that buhari have absolutely nothing to offer us he is not the change I want

GEJ till buhari get sense

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2014
Juliaann:
APC is a party of liars and thieves

Please can you sincerely post the opposite of this in favour of PDP?
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Juliaann(f): 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
egift:

Please can you sincerely post the opposite of this in favour of PDP?
Take it or leave it APC is filled with thieves

2 Likes

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by itsmine: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2014
most comments above simply reek of either ignorance on d state of d nation or some pple are like 'i've made up ma mind, don't confuse me wit facts.' I guess d only problem most av wit buhari candidacy is dis born to rule attitude of d North. but d urgency of d situation at hand would likely fizzle dt out fast. my thought.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Acidosis(m): 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
Insurmountable economic problems plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding foreign debt. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian. In addition, political corruption continued unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to stop dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough, and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 10:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Juliaann:
Take it or leave it APC is filled with thieves

Yet you are celebrating the ex-cons in PDP.

And thank you for not having the courage to retype that comment in favour of PDP (knowing they don't deserve it). It means your case is still redeemable. Am confident that when Buhari is elected and you observe his style of leadership and policies he is rapidly implementing, you will come around to join in Rebuilding Nigeria to Greater Heights.

God bless you Juliaann.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Juliaann(f): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
egift:

Yet you are celebrating the ex-cons in PDP.

And thank you for not having the courage to retype that comment in favour of PDP (knowing they don't deserve it). It means your case is still redeemable. Am confident that when Buhari is elected and you observe his style of leadership and policies he is rapidly implementing, you will come around to join in Rebuilding Nigeria to Greater Heights.

God bless you Juliaann.
Dream on Buddy look the earlier u guys accept the fact that buhari can never win this 2015 election the better for all of you, buhari is a sore loser he is used to it tho

and I will be the last Ape to join APC

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by adamskutty(m): 10:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=Juliaann post=29319200]Take it or leave it APC is filled with thieves[/quote
]
Pdp is a devilish party with devilish members, headed by a clueless fisherman who is sailing the ship.

The ship is a sinking one and everybody on board (including u and the overload at ur back) will sink with it. grin

Sai buhari till ur overload bom bom deflate!

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 10:50pm On Dec 29, 2014
Acidosis:
Insurmountable economic problems plagued the Buhari regime as petroleum prices collapsed in the face of expanding foreign debt. Buhari instituted austerity measures that caused severe hardship to the average Nigerian. In addition, political corruption continued unabated, with politicians escaping to Western countries with millions of dollars in government money. In an effort to stop dissension, Buhari instituted restrictions on the press, political freedoms, and trade unionists. By August 1985 even the military had had enough, and Ibrahim Babangida took control of the government. Buhari was detained in Benin City but was released at the end of 1988.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/83801/Muhammad-Buhari

The Oil Crisis of 1973 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis - took a toll on Nigeria as well. Like the Jonathan's administration, the government were squandering the revenue generated.

It took boldness and practical economic policies by Buhari's led administration to ensure the economy did not crash and that the currency were sustained.

Once again Jonathan and the corruption he is presiding over are squandering the saving from OBJ and Yar'Adua government. The Naira is crashing and Nigerians are heading for the rock. Unless corruption is halted, the pain will be severe.

When the was Global Economic Meltdown, Nigeria survived because of the initiatives of OBJ, Soludo and the rest of the team.

We all must join in voting out Jonathan before the damage is too much.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by Juliaann(f): 10:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
Someone is seriously seeking for my attention but too bad u definitely won't have it

1 Like

Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
Juliaann:
Dream on Buddy look the earlier u guys accept the fact that buhari can never win this 2015 election the better for all of you, buhari is a sore loser he is used to it tho

and I will be the last Ape to join APC

@Bold:
Hope you are not putting your hope on the death of 15,000 Nigerians under Jonathan, the looted 20 billion dollars, illegal 21 billion naira donation, subsidy loots and other instances of stolen common wealth. It will not be enough to stop Nigerians from voting out Jonathan and sending PDP back to the drawing board.

#Change 2015.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 11:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
itsmine:
most comments above simply reek of either ignorance on d state of d nation or some pple are like 'i've made up ma mind, don't confuse me wit facts.' I guess d only problem most av wit buhari candidacy is dis born to rule attitude of d North. but d urgency of d situation at hand would likely fizzle dt out fast. my thought.

While we have diversities, we are all Nigerians what is important is quality leadership every section of Nigeria will be carried along and attended to. On insurgency fizzling out, I will disagree that problems in Nigeria will be solved on their own. We need hands on the plow kind of leadership.

BTW, thanks for your concerns.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by eaglechild: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2014
No it is not just a political party it is a terrorist organization.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 11:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
Here is also an important illustration (using soccer as example):

The reason for having Team A and B in the field of play if not for Team A to play well. Rather the aim is for Team A to know that UNLESS they Play well, have good skill with the ball and defend the goal post - that Team B will take over ball possession, dribble them and score wining goals. What is the essence of have the other Team (the opposition) in the field if they will not be allowed (voted) to play when the other Team are not living up to the task.

From the illustration above it will be wrong to start telling people that the weak players are from God and should not be substituted - when they are all playing for the same team.

Vote for Change.
Re: APC Is More Than A Political Party - It Is A Movement by egift(m): 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2014
eaglechild:
No it is not just a political party it is a terrorist organization.

Comments like this from Jonathan's supporters, insults the sensibilities of majority of Nigerians. Corrupt elites and their Agents do not want probity and to be held accountable for their corrupt practices.

When Buhari starts prosecuting corrupt politicians in court, you will see how Politicians in Nigeria will be exposing themselves and Nigerians can recover loots we never knew about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers: Second Bomb Rocks APC, Peterside's Constituency Targeted / Former President Obasanjo Has Done More For Igbos Than President Jonathan / Sorry, But Blame Your Colonial Emperor For Making Lagos A No-mans-land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.