Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (5728 Views)

Lets Divide Nigeria Into Two / PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by bawomolo(m): 10:52pm On Dec 13, 2008
rather than solve the problem, you guys are running away from it. what happens when the new republics begin to fail? run again undecided
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by auwal87(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2008
DIVIDED we Stand, UNITED we FALL!
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 11:02pm On Dec 13, 2008
bawomolo:

rather than solve the problem, you guys are running away from it. what happens when the new republics begin to fail? run again undecided

The only reason why some Nigerians want to separate is for selfish motivation,
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by NegroNtns(m): 11:07pm On Dec 13, 2008
@Post,

Give us your plan for the division.  Which states will form the new frontier?  For those families with lifetime resources rooted in the opposite sides, give us the plan for how they should dispose or transplant their resources into their home territories.  Should the Igbo sell off his/her resources in the North or West and relocate to East or stay there with it?  Should the Hausa sell off his/her house and wealth in the East and West and relocate to North or stay put?  What is the Yoruba man/woman to do with wealth built and maintained in Northern and Eastern territories, sell them off or stay behind with them?  Please enlighten us.  

For those states that will end up as the frontier borders, are their people comfortable becoming the collateral land for the opposite sides, are they okay if their states become the new "Kashmir" or the new Korean "DMZ" and their people are decimated as casualties of war?  Are they fine with hosting refugees when diplomacy break down and terror and killing take over?   This poster and all else that support the division should give us a concrete plan for their humble vision.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by auwal87(m): 11:11pm On Dec 13, 2008
@ JosBoy4Lif,

You just finished bashing AREWA, saying it is underdeveloped because of Shariah, now you are rejecting Separation, are you a Hypo? Well, maybe you are happy with the current setup so that you continue saying NORTHERN NIGERIA, SOUTHERN NIGERIA, EASTERN NIGERIA etc etc etc. In short, you are a very big HYPO who doesnt want people to develop.

AREWA, ODUA, BIAFRA, MIDDLEBELT, NIGERDELTA, ALL NEED THEIR OWN GOVERNMENTS, so why not Separate and enjoy?

It is quite time, hey NAIRALANDERS, I am working day and night for the above, very soon, you will start hearing about it in the MEDIA, don't worry yourselves, I promised you! ONE NIGERIA, MANY DISASTERS!
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Nick1: 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2008
You are playing with TREASON. Be careful.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by BecomeRich: 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2008
Amen

Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by bawomolo(m): 11:48pm On Dec 13, 2008
that map is disaster waiting to happen. i wouldn't want to be the suffer head demarcating the border
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2008
Hey this ur map looks fine. The only people I will feel pity for are the Biafrans. They will be caught in the middle of their - enemies. If Biafara do shege for any other country, they will be without food or water and no air craft will be allow to fly to their territory.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by auwal87(m): 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2008
AREWA Forever!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 12:00am On Dec 14, 2008
Arewa my A$$

Even if Nigeria splits, we are not going to call that part of Nigeria Arewa
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 12:07am On Dec 14, 2008
Looking at that map again, all these Ibo ppl claiming they will be better of having their country, are just day dreaming. Today they feel they are doing well because they are a ready made market, once the country split and the neighboring countries refused diplomatic ties with their country they will be in trouble. Infact they will worse than Armenia
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by auwal87(m): 12:09am On Dec 14, 2008
@ tharma

What are you going to call it, its just a Translation of the "North" in Hausa? Is the name too Good for the country?

AREWA forever!!! grin grin grin
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 12:24am On Dec 14, 2008
I know the name is North, but that does not make sense. That is not a name. If u call it north, north of what, u are still refering it to Nigeria. Didnt it sound foolish to u. We had a name before the formation of Nigeria. We had a country and we will revert back to that name.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Muza(m): 12:36am On Dec 14, 2008
Let me give a picture of Nigeria apart:

For odua rep,
The contenders here are not many,
Akala,Gani fasheun,Gbenga Daniel and Tinubu will be most likely contenders.
OPC will be the party to look out for.

For Biafra,
The contenders will be Ojuku,Orji Kalu,Andu Uba,Chris Uba,Nzeribe,
The major parties will be MASSOB,BIafra Democratic party,etc . . .

For Niger-Delta republic,
This will be the deadliest election,and has the highest no of canndidates and parties,with factions in all parties.
The candidates are,henry Orkah,Tom ateke,Gombo Jombo,Mujahid asari dokubo,Ibori,Odili,Imoke,Edwin Clark,Timi Alaibe,Edmund dakuro. . .
The parties are NDVF,MEND,NDV,. . .
The election will be characterized with so many bloody clashes,a trily do or die affair.

For Arewa Republic,
The contenders are:Kai! this country has the hoihest no of contenders,almost all the gov want to contest,
the others are IBB,Atiku,Yerima,Kingibe,David Mark,mantu,many senators,reps,ministers. . .
the parties here are NU,ACF,

The election in all the countries was characterized with massive rigging,violence,snatching and stuffing of ballot boxes.
In all countries there are cases before tribunals.In all countries there is claim that judges,police and Inec officials were bribed

So with all these,i think splitting Nigeria wont be the end to our problems,rather a new beginning.
All the people that will contest for presidency in the various counties had the opportunity to do something in Nigeria but failed woefully and
looted us blind.some even had more than 1 chance,some more than 2.so u see
We are better off in Nigeria.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:55am On Dec 14, 2008
Lol, the ignorance of some people self. Breaking Nigeria would be a nuclear bomb for all sides, those people thinking things will change if there is a break are day dreaming, is it not your local government council chairmen, your governors, your state legislators, you and me that are corrupt. When you break up will new people be formed?
The looting will continue and I pity states then that will not really have resources in fact congo drc na small thing.
We need a social revolution, arrest all these leaders and send them to the firing squad, insert the death penalty for embezzling public funds, any other radical means but dividing this country has far reaching consequences that y'all think.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by DRANOEL(m): 10:04am On Dec 15, 2008
who siad the middle belt just started the agitation for a break up? i refer you to the tiv riots of 1957
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by ScanLess: 12:12pm On Dec 15, 2008
tharma:

Looking at that map again, all these Ibo people claiming they will be better of having their country, are just day dreaming. Today they feel they are doing well because they are a ready made market, once the country split and the neighboring countries refused diplomatic ties with their country they will be in trouble. Infact they will worse than Armenia

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Igbophobic thoughts from the brain of a cockroach, have you heard of our saying that anybody pinning another to the ground is also holding himself down. MUMU its your arewa that will be completely landlocked without friends sinces no one trusts you jihadist muthafuckas. you guys will revert back to the use of camels  grin grin. when we pull our investments out of that place it will become arewa desert , mumu grin grin grin

@ mapmaker

The Edos say you should not add them to the west, you have forgotten that apparently, and the Igbo speaking areas of Delta are Biafrans so readjust your map, please.

@Musa
the  only place we expect  a fight will be in the Niger Delta, when the troublesome Ijaws try to run down the Ogonis and the Ibibios , Uhrobo and Itsekiri will resume their tussle over worrisome Warri, however if they will all be that stupid then its their own cup of tea, doesnt concern any one.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by EKENEA(m): 12:30pm On Dec 15, 2008
You can trace the delta Ibo's from the time of western region/state to mid west and now delta state
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by bawomolo(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2008
EKENEA:

You can trace the delta Ibo's from the time of western region/state to mid west and now delta state

now do you guys see how easy it is to redraw Nigeria's border?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by namun(f): 10:25pm On Dec 15, 2008
okay, like i said even if we dont divide let us have a loose confederation whereby every state would be responsible for its resources and would be in charge of its resources and would be independent fron the federal government. so tat people would not have anybody but their leaders to blame for their misfortunes. like i said, i ma not niger delta, but i would want every state to chart its own destiny. please, let every stae take care of its own and its resources be used for its own people, however we can maintain the name nigeria
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by namun(f): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2008
if you think u are not niger delta that is why u are not concerned, you would be suiprised that ur state might suddenly find a valuable mineral and it would be exploited to the detriment of ur people. who ever says nigeria should not seperate or niger delta should not keep its resources is a PARASITE and i believe the north are the worst. if u can survive on ur desert, then agree to a seperation. OK
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by felifeli: 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2008
Funny thing is that the English , Welsh , Scots also say this all the time.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by naijaking1: 11:46pm On Dec 15, 2008
Dividing Nigeria sounds funny, but there maybe some sense in it. After 40 years of independence from Britain, every Nigerian tribe has grown to depend on each other to some extent.

The problem is that it cost too much money, energy, and goodwill to forcefully bond/hold these tribes together. If the tribes are let loose, they will naturally agree to agree, ie they will all apply to become part of a united Nigeria with all it's terms and conditions.

They will mutually agree to defend each other from attack, pay taxes to the federal government(not depend on monthly stipend from the federal government), and manage resources and affairs of their people.

How do you think the USA has been so stable for the past 200-300 years?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by Naijex: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2008
@Poster
Naija sha,

One thing you do not understand is that when u divide this united Nigeria into 4 country. I promise that one day people go contest again say make them break the country.

Poster,try to understand that the problem of Nigeria is not because we are united now or there will be a solution if they break her. I will advise you that u should thing of another solution.

United we stand Hallaaaaaaaaa
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by DRANOEL(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2008
@naijex

i never siad our economic problems lies with a division but our cultural and religious problems lies with the fact you cant mix oil with water
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by 3Dhardon: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2008
Guys sorry this country must remain one, when we asked for it you guys refused, now that we have increased our stake in One Nigeria you are calling for division, we the south easterners have more stake in Nigeria more than any other tribe, the marriage must remain and it is for better for worse.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by BecomeRich: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2008
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 9:21pm On Dec 16, 2008
1964 was still a regional government and that was the Premier of the Nothern region talking about the his government in Nothern Nigeria. What do u expect him to do?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by asha80(m): 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2008
Guys sorry this country must remain one, when we asked for it you guys refused, now that we have increased our stake in One Nigeria you are calling for division, we the south easterners have more stake in Nigeria more than any other tribe, the marriage must remain and it is for better for worse.

your might be right.
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by asha80(m): 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2008
964 was still a regional government and that was the Premier of the Nothern region talking about the his government in Nothern Nigeria. What do u expect him to do?

Whether it was regional goverment or not why would he prefer a foreigner to his own countrymen in 'one nigeria'?Was that comment not after our independence in 1960?
Re: Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! by tharma(f): 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2008
asha 80:

Whether it was regional goverment or not why would he prefer a foreigner to his own countrymen in 'one nigeria'?Was that comment not after our independence in 1960?
Because that was the practice at that by all the regional governments, and so do u expect him to be different. And moreover after independence there was no integration process betweeen the North and the South. So regional governments were more powerful than the central government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Ready To Release Bodies Of DANA Crash Victims To Relatives / I Have Documents Proving 'Buhari's Death'' — Nnamdi Kanu / See Hotels Open In Rivers State Despite Lockdown PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.