Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari (2153 Views)

Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Lose Election - FFK The Hero Of the Liepod / Shocking! United Nations Asked To Divide Nigeria Into Six Republics / Buhari:for Nigeria To Divide Now, It Is Better For All Of Us To Jump Into Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Skako(m): 9:22pm On Mar 11, 2015
March 11, 2015
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), said in Kaduna on Wednesday that it was part of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party antics to use religion to deceive Nigerians on the inevitable change they desire in the country ahead of the rescheduled March 28 presidential election.
Buhari said the PDP was only using religion, which he described as a “matter of personal conviction,” to divide the country.
The former Head of State, who spoke through the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, at an inter-faith engagement in Kaduna on Wednesday, said, “And they have succeeded in making some of us victims of the tales, which they invent, propagate and sell as the gospel truth to gullible listeners; while it is all nothing but tissues of lies.”
Buhari noted that in spite of what detractors had said and still saying, he was not a religious fanatic of any sort “and I have never been.”
He added that he had no agenda to Islamise the country when elected president in the rescheduled presidential election.
He said, “I would like to solemnly declare that in spite of what detractors say, I am not a religious fanatic of any sort and I have never been.
“In all my life, I have never supported extremism of any kind, and nowhere in my record of service to our nation can this false toga, which political traducers have tried so hard to put on me, be substantiated.
“Let me state this categorically that, I, Muhammadu Buhari, as an individual, and as a president, if given the opportunity to serve, have no personal religious agenda. And will not entertain, consider or promote the religious agenda of anyone.
“I will not condone any initiative that seeks to promote one religion over the other. Neither I, nor my party, or any member of my team has any desire or plan to Islamise or Christianise Nigeria or support anyone with such intention.”
He said he was recently informed that that his administration as Head of State had a balanced cabinet with key positions such as Finance, Energy and Defence occupied by Christians, adding that 11 of the 19 governors he appointed were Christians.
Buhari said the most memorable recollections of subordinate service was under a Christian boss, whom he described as the finest the country had then and among the most respected today.
He added, “Indeed one of the best appraisals I received in the course of my military career was from General T.Y Danjuma.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-using-religion-to-divide-nigeria-buhari/
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Skako(m): 9:27pm On Mar 11, 2015
PDP come here and say ur trash again abut buhari

sai buhari

2 Likes

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
This Boko-Haramist and Expired Terrorist grin grin grin your words are caste in stone like any violent and murderous extremist

You said this in 2001 as Boko-Haram was emerging from your terrorist incubator - ba#@$tard. Nation Divider. Stroke and Heart-Attack Candidate, you and GEJ and Tinubu will die in Otueke grin grin grin

“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria,”

“God (Allah) willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,”

“It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear,” (but their deaths if they do not comply)

“What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law,” for Boko-Haram to Re-double their efforts in killing non-muslims and a handful of muslims.. shioooor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
Skako:
PDP come here and say ur trash again abut buhari
sai buhari

Sai ubanka de duru uwarka

1 Like

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Skako(m): 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
voltron:

This Boko-Haramist and Expired Terrorist grin grin grin your words are caste in stone like any violent and murderous extremist

You said this in 2001 as Boko-Haram was emerging from your terrorist incubator - ba#@$tard. Nation Divider. Stroke and Heart-Attack Candidate, you and GEJ and Tinubu will die in Otueke grin grin grin

“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria,”

“God (Allah) willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,”

“It is a legal responsibility which God has given us, within the context of one Nigeria, to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly , and to educate non-Muslims that they have nothing to fear,” (but their deaths if they do not comply)

“What remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble their efforts, educate Muslims on the need to promote the full implementation of Sharia law,” for Boko-Haram to Re-double their efforts in killing non-muslims and a handful of muslims.. shioooor
truely i now belive that ignorance is a disease

4 Likes

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Skako(m): 9:56pm On Mar 11, 2015
voltron:

onyinara
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by anneedu: 11:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
So is PDP that will now christainise nigeria, all your are seeking for is what will take u to your glory of yesteryear not the buhahaha you're saying.
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by maureen546: 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2015
GEJ till 2019 wether APC like it or not aso rock is for PDP.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by nzeadachie: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2015
JIHADIST LIKE BUHARI, SO HE FORGOT WHEN HE TOLD MUSLIMS NOT TO VOTE FOR CHRISTIAN CANDIDATES

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by ellechrystal(f): 11:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Buhari, we don hear u,
Being that Islam is a religion of "PEACE" it's hard for some pple to blive, n being that d north do not share d same ideology, it's difficult my dear general.
N being that in d north, muslims r not allowed to vote for Christian candidates, while in d south, ppl chant sai buhari, not minding ur religion.
Please go n say this up north, n allow them to make their choice.
I love u Buhari kiss kiss kiss

Not withstanding, GEJ my boo till wink wink wink wink

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by olaboy001(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2015
maureen546:
GEJ till 2019 wether APC like it or not aso rock is for PDP.
GEJ has lost it
When you said GEJ Is a nuisance, Many e-PDP rats we ATTACKED you - DUDE IS A FOOL” fool na hype sef.....
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 11:58pm On Mar 11, 2015
voltron:

ur family will die untimely brutal death and not Tinubu IJN!

1 Like

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Jibabs2(m): 12:55am On Mar 12, 2015
voltron:

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by sheymoni(m): 12:59am On Mar 12, 2015
There's no doubt that pdp have nothing to sell to us & that's why they resorted to using religion, ethnicity & character assassination of their opponents to divide Nigerians. That's why jonny has been going from redeem to covenant to chosen & others. I'm sure He'll soon visit deeper life, cele & kerubum. He can go to the shrine for all I care , the journey to otuoke on 29th of may is sacrosanct

Note : if he also plans to visit MFM, i'll advice him to go with fire service & also carry his own fire extinguisher in other to avoid story that touch grin
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 7:51am On Mar 12, 2015
Ayus34:

ur family will die untimely brutal death and not Tinubu IJN!

Spoken Like. True Boko-haramist and intolerant Muslim Islamic terrorists. I am not surprised. Tinubu balls kicker. May your family be ruled by tinubus daughter and husband. Bushman
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by menesheh(m): 7:58am On Mar 12, 2015
grin
Skako:
March 11, 2015
The All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Maj.Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), said in Kaduna on Wednesday that it was part of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party antics to use religion to deceive Nigerians on the inevitable change they desire in the country ahead of the rescheduled March 28 presidential election.
Buhari said the PDP was only using religion, which he described as a “matter of personal conviction,” to divide the country.
The former Head of State, who spoke through the Vice Presidential candidate of the APC, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, at an inter-faith engagement in Kaduna on Wednesday, said, “And they have succeeded in making some of us victims of the tales, which they invent, propagate and sell as the gospel truth to gullible listeners; while it is all nothing but tissues of lies.”
Buhari noted that in spite of what detractors had said and still saying, he was not a religious fanatic of any sort “and I have never been.”
He added that he had no agenda to Islamise the country when elected president in the rescheduled presidential election.
He said, “I would like to solemnly declare that in spite of what detractors say, I am not a religious fanatic of any sort and I have never been.
“In all my life, I have never supported extremism of any kind, and nowhere in my record of service to our nation can this false toga, which political traducers have tried so hard to put on me, be substantiated.
“Let me state this categorically that, I, Muhammadu Buhari, as an individual, and as a president, if given the opportunity to serve, have no personal religious agenda. And will not entertain, consider or promote the religious agenda of anyone.
“I will not condone any initiative that seeks to promote one religion over the other. Neither I, nor my party, or any member of my team has any desire or plan to Islamise or Christianise Nigeria or support anyone with such intention.”
He said he was recently informed that that his administration as Head of State had a balanced cabinet with key positions such as Finance, Energy and Defence occupied by Christians, adding that 11 of the 19 governors he appointed were Christians.
Buhari said the most memorable recollections of subordinate service was under a Christian boss, whom he described as the finest the country had then and among the most respected today.
He added, “Indeed one of the best appraisals I received in the course of my military career was from General T.Y Danjuma.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-using-religion-to-divide-nigeria-buhari/
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by menesheh(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2015
Buhari speeches have been of threat. He keeps threatening the peace of this country that I love so much. He speaks in the language of hate that underly a cross inability to tolerate view points he doesn't agree with. He destroyed a democracy and I fear he can not unhold a democratic value in the present. GEJ may not have achieved a radical transformation; but he not spoken in language of threat. He has only made promise of peace he can not guaranty because of potentates like GMB who are rousing citizens to ill feelings that hinder the chances of peace. I love Nigeria and I do not care so much about the name of the president; but I care deeply who could provide effective national leadership. I believe that I lead Nigeria to a shared national destiny of prosperity and freedom from constant threat to the lives of innocent men, women and children. I am not particular a fan of this administration; but I respect the office the president. If I were to decide by a single vote who would in that office to steer the affairs of this great nation I would choose at man who respect this country; not one makes threat to run a parallel government if denied his ambition to rule it. This is not about GEJ; it's about the men and women who are facing down the terrorist bullets and bombs in defense of our collective freedom. I salute their boundless loyalty to our country. Everyone of them has loved one, they mums, sisters, brothers, sons and dads. Away from their love ones they fightening in defense of our country. They deserve commendation; not a questioning of their loyalty. GEJ commends them and GMB threatens them with probe. If I were president I would visit their families to tell their lonely families how Nigeria appreciate their sacrifices. You may disagree with me but I will rather protect your right to disagree and to express a contrary view point. This is our country and our home. It's our obligation to disagree with those who threaten our peace and polarise the Nigerian society. I am surprised tho that many young people are ignorantly supporting a threat to the future of this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by dridowu: 8:15am On Mar 12, 2015
I am for GMB
PDP will go to North and claim APC is a christian party
http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/pdp-has-more-muslims-than-apc-sambo/

PDP will come to south to claim APC is a muslim party

1 Like

Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Skako(m): 8:39am On Mar 12, 2015
nzeadachie:
JIHADIST LIKE BUHARI, SO HE FORGOT WHEN HE TOLD MUSLIMS NOT TO VOTE FOR CHRISTIAN CANDIDATES
chai, provide ur proof or thunder fire go strike u down
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by nzeadachie: 8:46am On Mar 12, 2015
Skako:
allafrica.com/stories/200201210250.html,,,,Gusau — As the year 2003 elections draw closer, former Head of State, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the country to vote only for the presidential candidate that would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam.

Buhari who made the call yesterday at the closing ceremony of the 16th National Qur'anic Recitation competition held in Gusau, Zamfara State told Muslims that they have every reason to thank Allah for restoring the Islamic Sharia under the present dispensation, which he said was destroyed by British colonialists during their crusade in 1903 against the Sokoto caliphate
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 12:56pm On Mar 12, 2015
voltron:

Spoken Like. True Boko-haramist and intolerant Muslim Islamic terrorists. I am not surprised. Tinubu balls kicker. May your family be ruled by tinubus daughter and husband. Bushman
look at this ape from the cave....I prefer Tinubu to rule my family compared to that 35yrs old tout that kidnapped ur sitting governor in a car booth....nonentity!
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ayus34:

look at this ape from the cave....I prefer Tinubu to rule my family compared to that 35yrs old tout that kidnapped ur sitting governor in a car booth....nonentity!

AMEN to that!! AMEN to that!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
Skako:

EWU Monkey.. thunder and lightning will strike you and your household in Jesus and Allah name - say amen

BUHARI will never rule Nigeria as much as Islamic Terrorists rule the US. we need to remove GEJ and his clueless cabinet and governors..but to put BUHARI/Osinbajo (Tinubu's rug-rats) in Power is to continue raping democracy. BUHARI is an uncouth bas$#tard

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-fundamentalist-or-demagogue-/197125/
Buhari’s comments were defended by supporters as simply a call for the full implementation of Sharia in areas where Muslims predominated.But the comments are the second by Buhari that have courted controversy after he called earlier this year for Muslims to vote at the next presidential elections only for someone who would defend their faith.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/02/sharia-limited-to-inheritance-marriage-buhari/#sthash.4w94XaJ4.dpuf
“This is the sacrifice the Moslems will have to make and persuade their fellow country men who are non-Moslems to accept. I will continue to show openly and inside me, the total commitment to Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria, God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,” he said in 2001 at National Convention of the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN), held at the Arewa House, Kaduna. -
See more at:
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by dein77(m): 1:16pm On Mar 12, 2015
menesheh:
Buhari speeches have been of threat. He keeps threatening the peace of this country that I love so much. He speaks in the language of hate that underly a cross inability to tolerate view points he doesn't agree with. He destroyed a democracy and I fear he can not unhold a democratic value in the present. GEJ may not have achieved a radical transformation; but he not spoken in language of threat. He has only made promise of peace he can not guaranty because of potentates like GMB who are rousing citizens to ill feelings that hinder the chances of peace. I love Nigeria and I do not care so much about the name of the president; but I care deeply who could provide effective national leadership. I believe that I lead Nigeria to a shared national destiny of prosperity and freedom from constant threat to the lives of innocent men, women and children. I am not particular a fan of this administration; but I respect the office the president. If I were to decide by a single vote who would in that office to steer the affairs of this great nation I would choose at man who respect this country; not one makes threat to run a parallel government if denied his ambition to rule it. This is not about GEJ; it's about the men and women who are facing down the terrorist bullets and bombs in defense of our collective freedom. I salute their boundless loyalty to our country. Everyone of them has loved one, they mums, sisters, brothers, sons and dads. Away from their love ones they fightening in defense of our country. They deserve commendation; not a questioning of their loyalty. GEJ commends them and GMB threatens them with probe. If I were president I would visit their families to tell their lonely families how Nigeria appreciate their sacrifices. You may disagree with me but I will rather protect your right to disagree and to express a contrary view point. This is our country and our home. It's our obligation to disagree with those who threaten our peace and polarise the Nigerian society. I am surprised tho that many young people are ignorantly supporting a threat to the future of this country.

Intolerance, personal attacks, violence and extremism is in their blood, however hard they try to veil it; it's in them.

We have not forgotten everything he said in the past. Buhari cannot manage our current complex democracy. He only understands threat and dishing out orders.

This is 2015, not 1985!
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2015
voltron:

AMEN to that!! AMEN to that!! grin grin grin grin grin
DIDIRIN!
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2015
What SHARIA Means for Southern Christian States (forget the Muslim-ball lickers in the south)

Read the signs of the wall - your future is death should sharia come south. This quote is from the Supreme Council for Sharai in Nigeria
“would rather go to war” than give up their campaign for Sharia finance. “

Disingenuous. They know there is no comparable system to Sharia in Christianity in scope or political supremacist motive, let alone the imperative to implement such a system through violence if necessary.

VOTE BUHARI and your Children will end at the slice of a Machete from Muslim Terrorists.. VOTE Wisely
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ayus34:

DIDIRIN!
OKPE! ODE! MUMU! RETARDEEN! MUFU! BUFFOON! DAN BANZA! DIDIRIN! FOOOOOOL!
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Ayus34(m): 1:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
voltron:

OKPE! ODE! MUMU! RETARDEEN! MUFU! BUFFOON! DAN BANZA! DIDIRIN! FOOOOOOL!
shm. ..SORRY....awon to se e ti ku !
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by sammyj: 1:51pm On Mar 12, 2015
This as been one of GEJ tactics from the onset, imagine GEJ/Sambo campaigning up north that Buhari's VP Prof having 5000 churches and would Islamise Nigeria while coming down south to tell us that the same Buhari will turn Nigeria to Islamic state. The question to ask here is if GEJ and PDP is confused or if Buhari is Christlaham ? grin
Re: PDP Using Religion To Divide Nigeria – Buhari by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2015
Ayus34:

shm. ..SORRY....awon to se e ti ku !

awon to se eyin won wa- e lo wo bourdillion - ode

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official: Tinubu Ordered APC Members To Vote PDP As "Truecaller" Exposes Him / Traders Protest Boko Haram Prisoners’ Transfer To Anambara. Pictures. / Change:buhari Shuts Down Children’s Church In Aso Rock, Orders Chapel Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.