Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him (2306 Views)

Catholic Church And Houses Burnt In Enugu As Fulani Herdsmen Invade Communities / 'GEJ Made Mistakes But God Knows He Tried' - Reno Omokri / Opposition Might Politicise NNPC Forensic Audit Report If I Published - Dizeani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by nesta007(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2014
On Sunday, Pres. Goodluck Jonathan worshipped at the Christs Apostolic Church in Durumi Abuja. Speaking to the congregants, he said: “We are facing a lot of challenges now as a nation. The challenges did not start today but somehow, instead of abating, the problems started increasing for one reason or the other, but I am convinced that it would have been worse than this but for your prayers. With the prayers you continue to offer to God, God will see us through.”

The worrying part of the speech for the president’s media team must be his seeming admission that the problems of Nigeria has actually “increased” under his watch. The statement is one which opponents of the administration might be using in its argument against the president in the coming month of election campaigning.

However, Pres. Jonathan pointed out to the worshippers that progress has been recorded by his government. He said, if the progress continues like this for another four or five years, Nigeria will be the better for it.

He said that Nigeria was not yet at its rightful place and the efforts which he has been putting in for the economy may not immediately be obvious to Nigerians, but promised to continue doing his best.

“For me and members of my team, in spite of the challenges, we will continue to do our best. As a nation, we have not reached where we want to be – definitely not – but we are coming up with a number of policies.

“Those who are taking pains to look at what we are doing will agree with us that if we progress as a nation steadily in this manner, in the next four or five years, this country will be a better place,” he said.

Speaking on the global drop in the price of oil and his government’s effort to stabilise things, Pres. Jonathan said, “We have talked about the drop in the global price of oil. Of course, if there is a drop in oil price, it will affect us in one way or the other. We tell our people to bear with us. It has happened before – in 2008, 2009. It came down to almost about $40, but we survived as a nation.

“This time, by all predictions, it will not even go as low as that. We will surely survive it. The economic team is working very hard to stabilise it and we believe that although there may be temporary inconveniences, it will definitely not bring the economy down.”

He urged the church to continue to pray for his administration, saying despite the fact that the country was facing challenges, Nigeria’s troubles would not be more than what God’s children faced in the Bible.

Speaking on the 2015 elections, he said: “I however believe that the God who brought us to this level will see us through. All that I will request of you is to continue to pray for us politicians – myself and other politicians from all political parties – for God to guide us in our utterances and what we do so that we will not sacrifice the lives of Nigerians because of our ambitions.”

http://www.thescoopng.com/gej-made-statement-church-now-opposition-might-use/

1 Share

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by benuejosh: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2014
He is clueless, more so he is surrounded by men who are after nothing but their own pockets and stomach. thank God he knows the problems are increasing that is the more reason he has to vacate the seat for some one who can handle those problem and set nigeria back on track. a man who has done it before and who will still do it. I present to Him GENERAL M. BUHARI.

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Yhinkss(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2014
This is the problem of Africans. Instead of admitting their ineptitude and collossal failure they hang everything on God. You are the head and all the blame rests squarely on you, shifting blame and apportioning blame is their tactics when they start going from one church to another in other to get the support of electorate

Infact, we have seen all you can offer, its time you leave abeg. You can't be better than yourself. Monumental corruption is your watchword without no person ever convicted

10 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 30, 2014
Every word from GEJ' mouth can and will be used against him come Feb. 2015

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Caseless: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2014
What do u expect a president by accident to say? His belated sense of sincerity wont help him at this point in time.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Ezemust: 10:26am On Dec 30, 2014
Yhinkss:
This is the problem of Africans. Instead of admitting their ineptitude and collossal failure they hang everything on God. You are the head and all the blame rests squarely on you, shifting blame and apportioning blame is their tactics when they start going from one church to another in other to get the support of electorate

Infact, we have seen all you can offer, its time you leave abeg. You can't be better than yourself. Monumental corruption is your watchword without no person ever convicted
he said dis in the church

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by egift(m): 10:41am On Dec 30, 2014
Jonathan has failed Nigerians - everyone knows that.

Vote out Jonathan before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by omololu2020(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:
he said dis in the church
why is it dat GEJ lov makin political statement in church.can't he just go to church to worship God n go back home.I blame dos thievin pastors wey dey alwas giv am chanx to dey talk nonsense for alter sha

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Ezemust: 11:13am On Dec 30, 2014
omololu2020:
why is it dat GEJ lov makin political statement in church.can't he just go to church to worship God n go back home.I blame dos thievin pastors wey dey alwas giv am chanx to dey talk nonsense for alter sha
wat r u talking about?the president of Nigeria came to ur church,worship n go without saying anything to the congration?wat kind of leader is dat?

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 30, 2014
Op did we tell you we don't understand the statements made by Gej.
why will you put an explanation to it in a biased ground where you yourself can stand on and terming it apc.

besides sorry to disappoint you.
Gej till 2019
none of your antics gonna change that.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by egift(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:
Op did we tell you we don't understand the statements made by Gej.

You definitely did not Understand that it was an admission of failure and clearly stating that things are worse now.

...the problems started increasing for one reason or the other, but I am convinced that it would have been worse than this but for your prayers.

And if you did understand, you would have reminded Jonathan that Faith "without Work is dead". The only thing that have taking over you is that Corruption should continue till 2019.

#Change.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Haywhymido(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2014
JONATHAN: J - Just O - On N - National A - Assignment T - To H - Harm A - All N - Nigerians
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by omololu2020(m): 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:
wat r u talking about?the president of Nigeria came to ur church,worship n go without saying anything to the congration?wat kind of leader is dat?
so a church should b a place to start makin political statement.can u imagin david cameron obama goin to churches every sunday n start talkin about politics..and am so sure guys lik u will b d ones cryin if buhari start talkin about politics in a mosque,what's d difference btwn a buhari dat said muslims should vote muslims and GEJ

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by egift(m): 12:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:

Let him also share PDP flag and posters to them. Jonathan keep desecrating the House of God.
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by fr3do(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2014
Indeed troubles increased due to insurgency, but we as a nation have experienced progress in other sectors.
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Ezemust: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
omololu2020:
so a church should b a place to start makin political statement.can u imagin david cameron obama goin to churches every sunday n start talkin about politics..and am so sure guys lik u will b d ones cryin if buhari start talkin about politics in a mosque,what's d difference btwn a buhari dat said muslims should vote muslims and GEJ
wot!is buhari a president?wats d diffrnce btwn buhari n i?Obama dose'nt even go to church before u start making examples with him
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Ezemust: 2:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
egift:

Let him also share PDP flag and posters to them. Jonathan keep desecrating the House of God.
did gej campaigne or he merely address d congregation as their leader?any place there's 5 to 10 Nigerians in a group,n the president come upon them he's suppose to address them
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by omololu2020(m): 2:31pm On Dec 30, 2014
Ezemust:
wot!is buhari a president?wats d diffrnce btwn buhari n i?Obama dose'nt even go to church before u start making examples with him
Well show me five leaders dat do mak political statement in church around d world.only in Nigeria will u see a president goin to church and makin political statement almost all d tym.is dat what d church is for?
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Ezemust: 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
omololu2020:
Well show me five leaders dat do mak political statement in church around d world.only in Nigeria will u see a president goin to church and makin political statement almost all d tym.is dat what d church is for?
i no get time biko
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
Recently and within the time of GEJ the political problems of Nigeria seems to have increased in multiple folds. I think this is what he referenced in his speech. I agree with him. Some Nigerians have made politics a do or die affair. Before us supposedly responsible politicians have declared that they would form a parallel government if they lose election. They do this knowing that GEJ is wants an egalitarian society out of Nigeria. They know GEJ plays by the rule of law. They know personal danger to themselves is very remote.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by KHAYGOLD(m): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2014
The fisherman from otuoke keeps shooting himself in the foot. This man doesn't even think before talking. Can this kind of man manage a home, let alone managing a country. Chai, we don enter one chance for naija o

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by cmart09(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
There is no conviction in his voice, Presidential speech like that of a secondary sch. Kid, I say big sorry to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by Funsina(f): 4:08pm On Dec 30, 2014
I Am Laughing So Hard. Nigerian Youths Are Confused.

GOD DAMMIT! LET THE PRESIDENT BE!
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by suwailad(f): 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
Who doesnt know GEJ = Worse/Failure/Incompetent/Cluelessness?
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by ALEBS(m): 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
Re: GEJ Made A Statement In Church And Now The Opposition Might Use It Against Him by aresa: 8:04pm On Dec 30, 2014
This dumbo is admitting that he failed so he's now asking us not to face him but face god for help. The say God help those who help themselves, but this loser and corrupt clown after looting us dry is now telling us he gave up.

Muslims, Christians, every religion and tribe in-between demonstrated, risked their lives, voted for this man to be the president of Nigeria, but he speaks to Nigerians exclusively while hiding behind the church.

This religious bigot and hopeless tribalist, divisive element, ungrateful and thoughtless man shouldn't have been considered to be the president of anything..

(1) (Reply)

Reverend Mbaka Message: Jonathan Is Fast Losing Sympathy Of Igbo Voters? / Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? / BBC Nigeria Election: First Results Expected on Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.