Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians (783 Views)

Is Alcohol Consumption A Sin / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Alcohol A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by kingron: 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2008
should alcohol be a sin 4 christians,not too good in bible.so help me sought it out
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by blesdman(m): 3:52pm On Dec 12, 2008
Good topic.Oya nlanders,make una answer.
However i think alcohol is neutral.Take it much and excessively it becomes bad,take modestly and with consideration for others it is ok.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by KunleOshob(m): 4:02pm On Dec 12, 2008
blesd man:

Good topic.Oya nlanders,make una answer.
However i think alcohol is neutral.Take it much and excessively it becomes bad,take modestly and with consideration for others it is ok.
What is good about the topic? this topic as been discussed on at least a hundred threads on nairaland. The bottom line is that christians are free to consume alcohol in moderation. Jesus christ used to drink alcohol. Luke 7:34 / matthew 11: 18-19
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by Hesperus(m): 4:18pm On Dec 12, 2008
KunleOshob:

What is good about the topic? this topic as been discussed on at least a hundred threads on nairaland. The bottom line is that christians are free to consume alcohol in moderation. Jesus christ used to drink alcohol. Luke 7:34 / matthew 11: 18-19
Is that true? It says he prolly drank wine, but i don't think it specifically said it was alcoholic!
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by ow11(m): 4:32pm On Dec 12, 2008
why don't people search before posting?

@hesperus

You should do a search and see how your statement was addressed by debaters on both sides of the fence.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by KunleOshob(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2008
Hesperus:

Is that true? It says he prolly drank wine, but i don't think it specifically said it was alcoholic!
There is no such thing as non-alcoholic wine, wine is defined as analcoholic beverage in any dictionary. The wine the hebrew people used to drink was certainly alcoholic and that is why you find such injunctions as do not be drunk with wine. If you read Luke 7:34 / matthew 11: 18-19 it implies that the wine Jesus drank was alcoholic.

Matthew 11:18-19:

18 For John didn’t spend his time eating and drinking, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man,[a] on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’ But wisdom is shown to be right by its results.”

Footnotes:

Matthew 11:19 “Son of Man” is a title Jesus used for himself.

Luke 7:33-34:

33 For John the Baptist didn’t spend his time eating bread or drinking wine, and you say, ‘He’s possessed by a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man,[a] on the other hand, feasts and drinks, and you say, ‘He’s a glutton and a drunkard, and a friend of tax collectors and other sinners!’

Footnotes:

Luke 7:34 “Son of Man” is a title Jesus used for himself.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by kolaoloye(m): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2008
This is a minor case even Paul asked Timothy to be taking little content of wine from time to time because of his health,
if it were to be fruit wine he wouldn't have advised him to be taken it little by little.It is wrong to get drunk but not forbidden.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by Hesperus(m): 4:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
Well, all I know is that I see nothin wrong in alcohol consumption, its just like any other drink to me. The keyword is moderation in anything. I neither encourage nor discourage it, every man has his choices to make.
Re: Is Alcohol A Sin 4 Christians by AKO1(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2008

(1)

Faith Seminar With Pastor Poju Oyemade / Pastor E.A. Adeboye For President Campaign Starts. / Friendship (?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.