Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:21 AM

Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. (925 Views)

SHOCKING! Christian Group Calls The Malaysia Airline Plane Crash An 'act Of God' / Malaria Kills 300,000 Nigerians Annually – Unicef / Malaria Kills 300,000 Nigerians Annually – Unicef (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. by lagbaja(m): 4:29pm On Dec 30, 2014
I sympathies deeply with the families of the bereaved in the Malaysian plane crash. Beyond that, if the world can give half as much attention to the scourge of malaria in Africa than it's given to plan crashes, we would be saving several million lives much more than is lost in all plan crashes put together. Africa looses an equivalence of 4000 times the number of people that died in the malasian plane annually and it goes unmentioned.

Re: Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. by weezii(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2014
You're right @Op. If only the set aside guides will be adhered to.

But the world bank is trying cos as I type this they've introduced the Roll Back Malaria project to the grassroot/kindred level in our communities and the malaria test kits are readily available and is for FREE.

But many of us don't know this and that's why malaria can't be wiped out completely yet and the mortality rate still remains high...

May God save Africa
Re: Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. by lagbaja(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
weezii:
You're right @Op. If only the set aside guides will be adhered to.
But the world bank is trying cos as I type this they've introduced the Roll Back Malaria project to the grassroot/kindred level in our communities and the malaria test kits are readily available and is for FREE.
But many of us don't know this and that's why malaria can't be wiped out completely yet and the mortality rate still remains high...
May God save Africa

I don't think the world bank is doing enough, they seem to be playing lip service. if malaria was a European or American problem it would have been solved by now. Why should it take forever for the world to deploy anti malaria vaccines. Malaria seems to be one of the many population control tools the west is using against Africa. Why was DDT banned in the 70s despite its effectiveness. There are several variants of DDT today that are not toxic to the environment or to humans yet it's use is not encouraged. The world bank should show us statistically what progress have been made on the Roll back malaria campaign. I can guess that it is not effective, it therefore should be thrown to d bin. Simple solution like DDT or Larvicide use should be put to maximal use.
Re: Malaria kills 4000 Times The Number Of People In The Malaysia Flight Annually. by weezii(m): 8:41pm On Dec 30, 2014
@Lagbaja you've got a point.

I really don't know the facts but what I know is what I said above. But I feel that much emphasis isn't being put in just like you said. But be it as it may, its in the hands of our country to really fight to reduce it to its lowest ebb.

But I don't know what they're doing about it. The FMoH I mean. Everyone takes malaria as a common disease / infection.

But it kills more than aids.

As for the vaccines you mentioned, the parasite keeps changing forms if u understand what I mean that's why a stable form of it hasn't been gotten yet.
Individual researches have been made on this but no significant progress has been achieved yet to the best of my knowledge sir.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Can’t Find Drivers To Take President Jonathan’s Campaign Vehicles / (video) Is Professor Osinbajo Not Endagering His Life Going To Streets? / Nigerians need more hub than elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.