Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? (7302 Views)

Super Eagles Team Arrives Kaduna (photos) / Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by ajadrage: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2008
You know something, I was ruminating over the potential capability of our present senior national team, the Super Eagles and I believe that they could prove to be our most potent attempt at playing in a world cup final.

I say this with a caveat, because we all know that when it comes to Nigeria, all things does not always work out the way we expect them to be. Blame it on politics, blame it on sports administration. The present crop happens to be one of the most talented and we are fortunate at this time to have younger internationals excelling at age grade tournaments.

Its a good wave for Nigeria at the moment in the men's game, we have a generation of up coming players who have played at the highest level in international age grade competitions, the U17 is in our kitty, and Siasia's lads gallantly lost the gold to an Argentinian team that really didn't dominate the olympic gold medal for the football event.

Add these to the fact that some of our senior players have the experience and are mostly involved in machinations of the top European clubs. We are very much aware of the pedigree of the Yobo's and the Uche's. Mikel is beginning to come to his own and erratic as Taiwo has been stereotyped, his performances for Marseille has made him sort of indispensable to his French team.

There are countless others who continue to churn out laudable performances in the leagues of Europe and the continents and even Amodu has confirmed that he has at least two to three players per role. Even a few talented home based prove their way into training camps.

Yakubu's incident is unfortunate embarassed and his consistency as a striker could be sorely missed in the build up to the African championship, but it might be the opportunity that other players need to compete for shirts, all contributing to the competitiveness for places in the team.

The nations cup is just about a year away and the world comes to Africa soon after. History beckons on this present crop of players and a serious management of sports in general to sail through. grin
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Hakeemval: 12:07pm On Dec 19, 2008
Ckeck out da Bomb again;

Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Ben Iroha
Stephen Keshi
Uche Okechukwu
Chidi Nwanu
Finidi George
Thompson Oliha
Rashidi Yekini
Augustine 'Jay-Jay' Okocha
Emmanuel Amunike
Samson Siasia
Emeka Ezeugo
Daniel Amokachi
Sunday Oliseh
Alloysius Agu
Victor Ikpeba
Efan Ekoku
Michael Emenalo
Uchenna Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Wilfred Agbonavbare
Coach: Clemens Westerhof

Nigeria best ever squad.

1 Like

Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Shaz(f): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hakeemval:

Ckeck out da Bomb again;

Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Ben Iroha
Stephen Keshi
Uche Okechukwu
Chidi Nwanu
Finidi George
Thompson Oliha
Rashidi Yekini
Emmanuel Amunike
Samson Siasia
Emeka Ezeugo
Daniel Amokachi
Sunday Oliseh
Alloysius Agu
Victor Ikpeba
Efan Ekoku
Michael Emenalo
Uchenna Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Wilfred Agbonavbare

Nigeria best ever squad.

I second that.
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 20, 2008
Just looking through the list above and I shake my hear,and tears are about to fall off my face.
Why?
Because it looks like I'll never,ever,ever see another team for the Super Eagles like that again.

It is a shame.
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by vikiviko(m): 7:23pm On Dec 24, 2008
undeniably best generation of Eagles

Peter Rufai
Augustine Eguavoen
Ben Iroha
Stephen Keshi
Uche Okechukwu
Chidi Nwanu
Finidi George
Thompson Oliha
Rashidi Yekini
Emmanuel Amunike
Samson Siasia
Emeka Ezeugo
Daniel Amokachi
Sunday Oliseh
Alloysius Agu
Victor Ikpeba
Efan Ekoku
Michael Emenalo
Uchenna Okafor
Mutiu Adepoju
Wilfred Agbonavbare

sUBS
edema fuludu
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:30am On Dec 25, 2008
The USA '94 team is the best for me cheesy
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Mmuo(m): 12:43pm On Jan 08, 2009
The 2004 Eagles are the best and the cos they conquered Africa and did what they did in USA , it was wonderful
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by suprted(m): 2:57am On Jan 09, 2009
Thanks for identifying the guy's gaffe jare. That was how somebody was also telling me Zola and Mutu played together in Chelsea!!!
I'm not very versed in football analysis, started watching FB less than 15 years ago, but I recognize 'quack' analysts

didn't zola and mutu play together. i thought zola had one season in the abramovich era.
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by paula1(m): 1:42am On Jan 11, 2009
Results matter,so i'll give it 2 the 94squad.i also admire our 2000 & 2002 squad.
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by paula1(m): 1:42am On Jan 11, 2009
Results matter,so i'll give it 2 the 94squad.i also admire our 2000 & 2002 squad.
Re: Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? by Mekenze(m): 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2009
1994 SUPER EAGLES TEAM (TUNISIA 94 & USA 94) IS THE BEST TEAM THIS COUNTRY HAS EVER PRODUCED.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-Super Eagles Coach, Rohr Pens Three-Year Contract With Benin Republic / Amodu Shuaibu Returns As Eagle's Technical Director / Osimhen, Oshoala, Ighalo, Boniface Nominated For Dubai Globe Soccer Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.