Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? (1158 Views)

Why I Will Vote for GEJ / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / An Igbo LETTER To All The Yourbas And Hausa (muslims Who Want GEJ To Go In 2015. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by sportskid(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2014
Will Muslims vote for GEJ Pls I will really like to know.I believe this is a personal and not a religious thing......
Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by cyprus000: 10:57am On Dec 31, 2014
Your question no get base...is sambo not a muslim?

2 Likes

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:59am On Dec 31, 2014
Yes! Asari Dokubo

2 Likes

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by D9ty7(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2014
Well, op I am a muslim and I won't mind voting for GEJ.
Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by D9ty7(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2014
sportskid:
Will Muslims vote for GEJ Pls I will really like to know.I believe this is a personal and not a religious thing......
Does that mean christians won't vote for Buhari too?
Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by Dannyset(m): 11:14am On Dec 31, 2014
What transpires in our Country now should go beyond religion and the likes. Am a "Good Christian" and will vote GMB 1million times. Not because of religion, but because I hav seen he's not corruption as those there now. While he will be doing the cleaning up of the polity, he's got a Vice with good policies that would help youth of this country and the country in general. So leave out dis ur question pls. Meanwhile,
SAI BUHARI

3 Likes

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by webincomeplus(m): 11:27am On Dec 31, 2014
Ideally, a Muslim should vote a good president who has his welfare at heart and who won't stop him from practising his religion. It doesn't matter whether that candidate is a Muslim, Christian, Jew, Buddhist, or traditional worshipper. So, the welfare of the masses is what it paramount.

However, going by Nigeria's present situation, I won't vote GEJ simply because he underperformed over the past six years. If he had performed even up to average, I wouldn't mind hmm continuing, despite that I'm a Muslim.

But I'll be supporting Buhari. Not because he's a Muslim, and not because I'm sure he can deliver the country from its woes (I'm not a soothsayer). I just wish we vote out GEJ, then give Buhari a chance for another 4 years, after which we will vote him out again if he underperforms.

Actually, I don't trust any Nigerian politician, but I believe in testing new people until we get the right man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by simpleseyi: 11:45am On Dec 31, 2014
I am a Muslim. Several Muslims and Christians voted for Jonathan at the last election because they thought Jonathan has something in his brain on how to move Nigeria forward. After about six years promises of Government will build roads, Government will build hospitals, Government will make power available, Government will make education affordable, Government will wipe out Boko Haram, Government will make food affordable, Government will build refineries. All promises but nothing on ground after six years all we have is stealing, corruption, missing $48 billion, missing $20 billion, missing $10.

Jonathan is a Southerner just like myself, so their is a natural likeness for him, I see him as my brother while I see Northerner more like my neighbour. But my brother has been in government for six years and millions of graduates are unemployed, graduates now do security work in Eateries, Banks and others. Graduates now sell recharge cards in hold-ups and traffic. Our politicians are turning our young girls to runs girls. I think is time that I ask my brother(Jonathan) to give another person a chance.

Any reasonable person who is not part of the looting elites should not vote for Jonathan. Anyway, if any of my relative is part of the looting elites then I will never wish that Buhari become president. I don't want my relatives of family to be jailed. So, those opposing Buhari are the looting elites, their families and relatives and the ethnic bigots.

3 Likes

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by sportskid(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2014
Good to know that our Muslim brothers are still open minded, ofcourse some xtians will vote GMB
Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
There are muslims that would vote GEJ, some muslims benefitted from his government and I have been to an Almajiri school in Benin.

OP if you put yourself in muslims shoes, you would see why the number of muslims supporting him are decreasing day by day.
How would you feel if GMB supporters say “ GMB till GEJ accept Muhammad is the prophet of Allah“. OR “don‘t vote a christian“

If you want to see more muslims supporting caution christians that attack Islam to campaign for him.
Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by LogicPower(m): 12:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
1. When GEJ contested in 2011, did he not get 25% of the votes in some of the predominantly Muslim Northern states, I think including Sokoto the seat of the Caliphate?.

2. Like millions of other Nigerians, many Northern and SW Muslims believed in 2011 that GEJ truly represented a clear departure from the corrupt past, hence his religion did not matter much to them, but it turned out not to be the case.

3. Almost ALL the PDP northern governors strongly came out to support him against a fellow Northern Hausa-Fulani Muslim, because he made them to believe, albeit deceptively, that he that he would only serve for one time in order to assuage the sense of 'injustice' the north was rightly or wrongly feeling for not allowing a norther to complete the term of the late Yaradua.

4. Anybody can win an election on some sentiments for the first term, but winning a re-election, especially in a free and fair setting and where all rigging loopholes are securely plugged, is exclusively reserved for high-flying first term performers whose achievements would serve as their selling points.

5. Thus if you see Muslims who would not vote for GEJ in the coming election, do not see their decision as being based on simplistic religious considerations. Most of them would vote for Pastor Osinbajo or Pastor T. Bakare against Alhaji Atiku or Alhaji Babangida in an election, just as many Christians would vote for Alhaji Buhari or Alhai Ribadu against Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor or Diepreye Alamieyeseigha in an election.

6. So, although there would always be some pathetic brainwashed bigots who would always be swayed by mere religious sentiments in electing a candidate, I can assure you that more and more Nigerians, especially the young ones, are becoming wiser, putting candidates to closer scrutiny, and asking tougher questions than just looking at the religion of a candidate. And surely this is a very good development and positive sign that one day we would be there, Good willing.

1 Like

Re: Are There Muslims Who Will Vote For GEJ? by Caseless: 1:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Muslims did vote him in 2011. They'd still vote him this time around- but not on a massive scale. Who do you expect namadi sambo's family to vote for? The few roaches benefiting from his gov't will definately vote for him.
Also, christains voted buhari in 2011(due to the religious card played by pdp then, not many voted him then) and they are going to vote him again- but, expect it to be on a massive scale this time around.
The fight is now about rescuing Nigeria; as the challenges(insecurity, poverty) facing Nigerians knows no religion(islam or christianity) and it is not about religion.

(1) (Reply)

Please Before You Vote For Buhari, Read This / We’ve been buying, selling votes since 1960, Jonathan admits / Did Buhari Actually Say He Would Stabilize Oil Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.