Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo (1391 Views)

Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / 2015: Only God Will Decide My Fate —fintiri / A Must See. Why Poverty Will Never End And Africa Will Never Develope. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 11:23am On Dec 31, 2014
The running mate to the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday, said the poor state of the nation’s economy has plunged many Nigerians into poverty.

He added that there must be a change of government at the federal level to liberate Nigerians from poverty.

The former Attorney General of Lagos State spoke at a town hall meeting with artisans, tradesmen and farmers, organised by the Lagos State Government in Ikeja.

He said only those who love poverty and would want to remain perpetually in hunger that would vote for President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

Osinbajo said, “No one is ignorant of all that is happening in this country. No one likes hunger and poverty, but people are hungry. In 2015, only those who love to continue to be hungry that would prefer that the government in power at the centre remains there.

“By God’s grace, we will remove them from the seat of power. The people there presently cannot do anything because they don’t know what to do. They lack the capacity and capability to govern the country.”

In the same vein, the APC governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, said APC, from the period of Bola Tinubu to Governor Babatunde Fashola, had continuously provided good governance to the people of the state, adding that if voted into power, his government would not deviate from the principle.

Ambode said, “Our promise to you as a party is to provide good governance and able leadership. We want to take good care of your businesses so that you will have more to take care of yourself, your children and your home. There must be change of government at the Federal level. APC must take over in Abuja.”

Fashola noted that if Nigerians observed the situation of the country critically, they would find that the country was not better off than it was in 2011.

Fashola, who enjoined Nigerians to vote for APC at both the governorship and presidential elections, said, “The time to make a very important decision is here. Your request for continuity in Lagos is what I support. But for that project to continue, it would require you to vote for our party in 2015 election.

“Also, Muhammed Buhari and Osinbajo are our candidates for the presidential election, if you vote them into power in 2015, you will have successfully rescued this country from destruction.”

Copyright PUNCH.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/only-poverty-lover-will-vote-jonathan-osinbajo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by enoqueen: 11:25am On Dec 31, 2014
OK. 2015 is already here.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by sheyee(m): 11:32am On Dec 31, 2014
Lets give APC the chance to prove their worth....Naija baje ti

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 31, 2014
" We will re channel subsidy to feeding school children." Osibanjo

Economic Cluelessness at its peak

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by jom28gy(m): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2014
You may not be far from the truth,just because Jonathan had neglected the rightful thing he supposed to have done.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Morkavictor: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2014
Some times i wonder if this man was even a pastor at all,always full of negativity.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 11:40am On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

You are wrong!

Even if they re-channel the money to create more dance clubs or to create more brothels, as long as the money is not used for their personal selfish ambition and convincingly channeled into the economy, *in jona's voice* I don't give a damn!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

That's not in the report I just read! You and your propaganda sha!
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by jom28gy(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2014
That's another side of him as a politician.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by SirHouloo(m): 11:41am On Dec 31, 2014
THe rant that lagos isn't meant for paupers and the likes was normal under ApC nose and you want me to believe what this man is saying?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2014
Morkavictor:
Some times i wonder if this man was even a pastor at all,always full of negativity.

Is it now a crime to be patriotic and fight for the survival of the nation? Don't you know Nigeria needs sincere leaders like him and GMB?
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by naso2(m): 11:44am On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

Oga I heard it LIVE on channels news this morning. he said it

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

Watch channels news

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by alaoeri: 11:46am On Dec 31, 2014
All what he stated is obvious, PDP must go.
Sai Buhari
GMB 2015

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 11:47am On Dec 31, 2014
naso2:

Oga I heard it LIVE on channels news this morning. he said it

I didn't hear it and I cannot rely on what you say. If you prove it, we can debate it though.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
You are wrong!

Even if they re-channel the money to create more dance clubs or to create more brothels, as long as the money is not used for their personal selfish ambition and convincingly channeled into the economy, *in jona's voice* I don't give a damn!

Na wa for you

Choose between

Free food for schools

And

Robust Agricultural production

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

I didn't hear it and I cannot rely on what you say. If you prove it, we can debate it though.

Go to Channels YouTube channel
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 11:49am On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Watch channels news

No need to argue it. If he said it, it will still be better than some cabal pocketing the money. Or don't you think so?
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 31, 2014
PassingShot:

No need to argue it. If he said it, it will still be better than some cabal pocketing the money. Or don't you think so?

That shows he lacks basic economic sense

Invest in wealth creation schemes that are people orientated
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by PassingShot(m): 11:57am On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

If he actually said it, it could be a political gimmicks to appeal to his audience. We will soon find out their programs but from what I've read in their manifesto, this claim was not there.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by malele(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
The running mate to the All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, on Tuesday, said the poor state of the nation’s economy has plunged many Nigerians into poverty.

He added that there must be a change of government at the federal level to liberate Nigerians from poverty.

The former Attorney General of Lagos State spoke at a town hall meeting with artisans, tradesmen and farmers, organised by the Lagos State Government in Ikeja.

He said only those who love poverty and would want to remain perpetually in hunger that would vote for President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.

Osinbajo said, “No one is ignorant of all that is happening in this country. No one likes hunger and poverty, but people are hungry. In 2015, only those who love to continue to be hungry that would prefer that the government in power at the centre remains there.

“By God’s grace, we will remove them from the seat of power. The people there presently cannot do anything because they don’t know what to do. They lack the capacity and capability to govern the country.”

In the same vein, the APC governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, said APC, from the period of Bola Tinubu to Governor Babatunde Fashola, had continuously provided good governance to the people of the state, adding that if voted into power, his government would not deviate from the principle.

Ambode said, “Our promise to you as a party is to provide good governance and able leadership. We want to take good care of your businesses so that you will have more to take care of yourself, your children and your home. There must be change of government at the Federal level. APC must take over in Abuja.”

Fashola noted that if Nigerians observed the situation of the country critically, they would find that the country was not better off than it was in 2011.

Fashola, who enjoined Nigerians to vote for APC at both the governorship and presidential elections, said, “The time to make a very important decision is here. Your request for continuity in Lagos is what I support. But for that project to continue, it would require you to vote for our party in 2015 election.

“Also, Muhammed Buhari and Osinbajo are our candidates for the presidential election, if you vote them into power in 2015, you will have successfully rescued this country from destruction.”

Copyright PUNCH.
Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/only-poverty-lover-will-vote-jonathan-osinbajo/

LASTMA is milkng people dry, first of all correct criminality in LAG governance beFore correcting nigeria poverty

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 12:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

my brother!

The major thing is that the money is accountable in the economy, then all the others shall be added unto the economy, to me (my own personal opinion),one of the most obvious re-investment of the government is feeding school children (at least school children can't lie that they were given food if they were not, and I don't think parents will lie also), let me also state that by feeding the school children, the government would have:

-Contributed to the agric sector
-contributed to the transport sector
-contributed to the educational sector
-contributed to the human resources sector
And also to-
Banking sector
Insurance sector
Food supply sector...etc

White technology don't be naïve...

Money maintained in the economy through any investment by the government will surely circulate!

Unlike oga jona openly smiling when money was being donated (or is it contributed) for his selfish ambition whereas if he can even donate this money back to school children for feeding, I will personally go and collect my voters card and vote for him

I would also like accountability by this government to show us exactly what the SURE-P has achieved. This is just a mere salary account for the government. Sadly, many graduates have hoped on this program from its inception, and majority are yet to benefit from it.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by denziz: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
@White Technology ,you are the one that lack basic rudimentary knowledge of Economics.Feeding those children would have multiplier effect on the economy and millions of jobs would be created.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
my brother!

The major thing is that the money is accountable in the economy, then all the others shall be added unto the economy, to me (my own personal opinion),one of the most obvious re-investment of the government is feeding school children (at least school children can't lie that they were given food if they were not, and I don't think parents will lie also), let me also state that by feeding the school children, the government would have:

-Contributed to the agric sector
-contributed to the transport sector
-contributed to the educational sector
-contributed to the human resources sector
And also to-
Banking sector
Insurance sector
Food supply sector...etc

White technology don't be naïve...

Money maintained in the economy through any investment by the government will surely circulate!

Unlike oga jona openly smiling when money was being donated (or is it contributed) for his selfish ambition whereas if he can even donate this money back to school children for feeding, I will personally go and collect my voters card and vote for him

I would also like accountability by this government to show us exactly what the SURE-P has achieved. This is just a mere salary account for the government. Sadly, many graduates have hoped on this program from its inception, and majority are yet to benefit from it.

You got it absolutely wrong

Money invested in boosting agricultural production is far better than free food for schools

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 31, 2014
denziz:
@White Technology ,you are the one that lack basic rudimentary knowledge of Economics.Feeding those children would have multiplier effect on the economy and millions of jobs would be created.

Making funds available to farmers is far better than free food

At least we will achieve food self sufficiency and free ourselves from food importation
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 12:16pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

You got it absolutely wrong

Money invested in boosting agricultural production is far better than free food for schools
you are the one getting it wrong my bro!

Money invested in giving free food for school children is better than

Money not invested at all!
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
you are the one getting it wrong my bro!

Money invested in giving free food for school children is better than

Money not invested at all!

Wrong is wrong no matter how noble it looks

Food production is far better than free food for schools

At least you will create jobs for the children when they grow

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by ahaika23: 12:26pm On Dec 31, 2014
Cluelessness at its peak. Osinbajo in the voice of obj, I de laff oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 12:34pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Wrong is wrong no matter how noble it looks

Food production is far better than free food for schools

At least you will create jobs for the children when they grow
you are still wrong bro!

Ask an economist!

With the availability of increased market for farmers (the free food initiative), the government only has to increase the ceiling for the farm loans from bank, that will settle your 'increased food production' as some farmers would use their initiatives to further extend their tentacles abroad through efficient usage of their facilities by acting locally and going globally (ethnocentrism). There will be increased multiplier effect in the agricultural industry, and by just merely giving school children free food, the agric sector could be utilised and bring out its maximum output.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
you are still wrong bro!

Ask an economist!

With the availability of increased market for farmers (the free food initiative), the government only has to increase the ceiling for the farm loans from bank, that will settle your 'increased food production' as some farmers would use their initiatives to further extend their tentacles abroad through efficient usage of their facilities by acting locally and going globally (ethnocentrism). There will be increased multiplier effect in the agricultural industry, and by just merely giving school children free food, the agric sector could be utilised and bring out its maximum output.

Guy I am just laughing at you because you don't know that one of my favourite field is economics.

Subsidy money made available for farmers as non collateral low interest loans at microfinance stage is more profitable than free food for schools

1 Like

Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by timawoku(m): 12:50pm On Dec 31, 2014
WhiteTechnology:

Guy I am just laughing at you because you don't know that one of my favourite field is economics.

Subsidy money made available for farmers as non collateral low interest loans at microfinance stage is more profitable than free food for schools
botherly!

Not saying you are a dunce in economics

Am just saying you might need to argue this one out with economists...

No doubt what you are saying is correct, there would be increase (to it's maximum potential) in farmer's output within a short time. I deeply appreciate your school of thought but feeding school children could have a wider effect on the economy.

Nice arguing with an enlightened mind.
Re: 2015: Only Lovers Of Poverty Will Vote For Jonathan. Osinbajo by Flets: 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
timawoku:
you are still wrong bro!

Ask an economist!

With the availability of increased market for farmers (the free food initiative), the government only has to increase the ceiling for the farm loans from bank, that willing settle your 'increased food production' as some farmers would use their initiatives to further extend their tentacles abroad through efficient usage of their facilities by acting locally and going globally (ethnocentrism). There will be increased multiplier effect in the agricultural industry, and by just merely giving school children free food, the agric sector could be utilised and bring out its maximum output.

The way you lot turn economics on its head just because you are trying to prove a point. Feeding school kids is not the priority for christ's sake. Some key sectors are itching for funds aimed at national growth.

Free food, free fuel, free dollar, free allocation is the sole reason for the mediocrity and lack of productivity we have in this country.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Redeploy Controversial AIG Mbu, 27 Others / Pictures Of Recent Military Onslaught On Boko Haram / MR. Jonathan Makes History As The Most Entertaining President Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.