Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,448 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP (1438 Views)

Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections / Rate Of Defection From PDP To APC Shameful – Dabiri-erewa / Apology And Correction On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by stanlink(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2014
God has finally expose the the activities of the online news agency The Premium Times on their bid to rubish the good image of our darling party PDP, cool
God shall continue to disappoint the handy work of your enemies come 2015 Amen!

A People Democratic Party, PDP, House of Representative aspirant, Aisha Osori, has denounced the PDP to join the All Progressives Congress, APC, after losing on the platform of the PDP.
Ms. Osori announced her defection on Tuesday in Abuja while briefing journalists at the APC national secretariat.
Ms. Osori emerged loser at the recent AMAC/Bwari federal constituency primary in the Federal Capital Territory. The incumbent member of the House from the constituency, Zaphania Jissalo, emerged victorious in the primary.
Mr. Jissalo got 89 votes out of the 107 cast to defeat Ms. Osori and three others.
Ms. Osori, who was presented with the membership card of the APC, told journalists she decided to defect after watching the APC primary because she believed in APC’s vice presidential candidate, Yemi Osibanjo, who was her lecturer at one time.
“I decided to denounce membership after watching the APC conduct its presidential primary in a fair and competitive manner and after seeing the combination of Osibanjo and Buhari, both men of integrity,” Ms. Osori said.
“Osibanjo used to teach me at the University of Lagos, faculty of law, I believe that is a great combination that would move the country forward and I want to be part of that team,’’ she said.
According to her, the APC slogan “Change” is enough reason to support the party as she was sure of winning the on the platform of APC.
Ms. Osori noted that more than 70 per cent of Nigerians were youth who wanted the change that “APC represents’’.
On what her contribution would be to ensure the success of the APC at the general elections, Ms. Osori, who leads the non-governmental organization, Nigerian Women’s Trust Fund, cited experience.
“The years of experience I garnered in the private sector as a lawyer and also as writer, first with Thisday and later with Leadership newspapers, will be of value to APC.
Reacting to the defection, the APC National Secretary, Mai-Mala Buni, who presented the membership card to Ms. Osori, expressed delight because his party was waxing stronger by the day.
“Such event will be a continuous thing. Our doors are open. Everybody, who is ready to join the party, is welcome anytime, any day,’’ he said.
(NAN)
EDITOR’S NOTE: This post has been updated to reflect the fact that Ms. Osori actually lost the PDP primary in the FCT contrary to the despatch sent us by the News Agency of Nigeria, which suggested she won.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173992-updated-reps-aspirant-dumps-pdp-after-losing-partys-primary-joins-apc-for-osinbajo.html

Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by BossAyuk: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
I expect some PDP dolts to come up here and call APC all sort of names but let's reason objectively.

Ms. Osori, who was presented with the membership card of the APC, told journalists she decided to defect after watching the APC primary because she believed in APC’s vice presidential candidate, Yemi Osibanjo, who was her lecturer at one time.
Where did she lie about winning PDP Primaries?? NO WHERE! !

“I decided to denounce membership after watching the APC conduct its presidential primary in a fair and competitive manner and after seeing the combination of Osibanjo and Buhari, both men of integrity,” Ms. Osori said.

Where did she lie about winning PDP Primaries? Still NO WHERE!

To crown it all the Editors pointed out exactly where the error came from.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This post has been updated to reflect the fact that Ms. Osori actually lost the PDP primary in the FCT contrary to the despatch sent us by the
News Agency of Nigeria, which suggested
she won.
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 12:52pm On Dec 31, 2014
APC and her supporters are just insufferable/unbearable.

I knew the story was just a cheap propaganda that would backfire.

What do you say about TVC as a television station? They dubbed this false news verbatim without doing even minimal editing and confirmation.

The goofing is more reprehensible considering the fact that there is a sitting PDP member in the constituency:Ms Osori was merely a challenger.

This is embarrassment as embarrassment can be.

7 Likes

Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by BossAyuk: 12:55pm On Dec 31, 2014
[s] maestroferddi:

What do you say about TVC as a television station? The dubbed this false news verbatim without doing even minimal editing and confirmation.

The goofing is more reprehensible considering the fact that there is a sitting PDP member in the constituency:Ms Osori was merely a challenger. [/s]

After reading that post, I realized that it was NOT STATED ANYWHERE that APC was responsible for the conflicting information.

It was NOT stated anywhere that the woman lied about winning the PDP Primaries.

Incase you missed this part read again.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This post has been
updated to reflect the fact that Ms. Osori
actually lost the PDP primary in the FCT
contrary to the despatch sent us by the
News Agency of Nigeria, which suggested
she won.

So Mr. can you objectively point out APC's role in this?? I wonder why y'all are obsessed with APC.
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 31, 2014
Premuim times and Sahara reporters are branches of the nation newspapers owned by Tinubu. What do you expect?

maestroferddi:

What do you say about [b]TVC[/b]as a television station? They dubbed this false news verbatim without doing even minimal editing and confirmation.

The goofing is more reprehensible considering the fact that there is a sitting PDP member in the constituency:Ms Osori was merely a challenger.

This is embarrassment as embarrassment can be.

Tinubu owns TVC too!
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
BossAyuk:

Na today?!

Objective Nigerians and PDP supporters are on their way. They would soon swoop on the disseminators of falsehood.

Wait as this makes FP and you will know how far...
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by Tolexander: 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
When I saw the news yesterday, was just doubting the reality of the switch by any of our politicians. Nigerian politicians defecting to another party(with no ticket guaranteed) after going through to win a rigorous primary election is just like viewing one's image in a dark room mirror. Just because of an existed lecturer-student relationship. Mrs Oshori be Jesus Christ ni?
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ok, what should now be ♍Ɣ comment?
Less than 11hours to 2015
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2014
whiterock:
Premuim times and Sahara reporters are branches of the nation newspapers owned by Tinubu. What do you expect?

Tinubu owns TVC too!
Sure. I more or less watch the station for comic relief.
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
Tolexander:
When I saw the news yesterday, was just doubting the reality of the switch by any of our politicians. After going through to win a rigorous primary election, going on to defect to another party. Just because of an existed lecturer-student relationship. Mrs Oshori be Jesus Christ ni?
A PDP ticket in Abuja of all places!

Incumbent Sen Phillip Aduda was even said to have tearfully begged to retain his ticket.
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by impartialspec: 1:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
This is ludicrous to say the least.
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by PDPblogger: 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2014
APC and its criminal gang ALWAYS lying and twisting stories...Choi! undecided

1 Like

Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2014
BossAyuk:

After reading that post, I realized that it was NOT STATED ANYWHERE that APC was responsible for the conflicting information.

It was NOT stated anywhere that the woman lied about winning the PDP Primaries.

Incase you missed this part read again.

So Mr. can you objectively point out APC's role in this?? I wonder why y'all are obsessed with APC.
I see.

I told you I monitored the news on TVC where the story was reported directly without reference to a primary source.

Infact the news was being streamed as the topic was trending here in NL. I was reading the comments and was smarting to give my take when the news came on TVC flagship 10pm news.

You may have to tell us who owns TVC and The Nation media platforms...
Re: Premium Times: Admit Lying To The Public On Ayisha Osori's Defection From PDP by maestroferddi: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
BossAyuk:
I expect some PDP dolts to come up here and call APC all sort of names but let's reason objectively.

Where did she lie about winning PDP Primaries?? NO WHERE! !

Where did she lie about winning PDP Primaries? Still NO WHERE!

To crown it all the Editors pointed out exactly where the error came from.

Oga stop trying to defend the indefensible.

As Zik once quipped: "A broken bottle has no mekwatarism". No point trying to fix a shattered bottle. TVC stated that the lady won the PDP ticket but dumped it for the "change" of APC.

You will only succeed in making yourself ridiculous by making a weak defence as you now doing.

You guys should internalise the learning points and learn to get a handle on your propensity for sensationalism and propaganda.

(1) (Reply)

Analytics Firm Predicts Buhari Victory / After Watching AIT Sponsored Program On GMB / Breaking News: Another Attack On France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.