Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau (686 Views)

Fayose Has Become A Legend In Nigerian Politics – Shekarau / Sheikh Jafar's Assassination Files By Ibrahim Shekarau Found In Goje's House / Niger Delta Militants Push Global Oil Prices To $50 – Highest In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by Ikengawo: 11:23pm On Dec 31, 2014
[size=15pt]Jonathan's Investment in Education Highest in Two Decades - Shekarau[/size]

By Ibrahim Musa Giginyu and Abdulkadir Badsha Mukhtar

Kano — Minister of Education, Malam Ibrahim Shekarau, Saturday said investment in tertiary education by the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan supersede what was invested in the sector in the past two decades.

Shekarau who spoke at an interactive session with newsmen in Kano, said the administration made available money for universities and other tertiary institutions to access.

He said; "We used to have ETF and this had been going for years, and Mr. President observed that not much had been realised. So he came up with a very pragmatic approach and separated the components in a manner that the tertiary institutions alone will be focused for some specific years. And, this is why hardly will you find a tertiary institution, be it state owned or federal government owned, without a TETFUND project going on.

"In fact, the situation we are having now is that the allocation made to these universities is there waiting for the institutions to access, especially this year. Two years ago, the allocation to universities was just about N200 million. But this year, every public university collected an allocation of N910 million, every polytechnic collected an allocation of N650 million and every college of education collected N550 million. This I have done with my own hand in the past three months," Shekarau said.

He added: "And going by records, the investment made at the tertiary level by TETFUND in the past three years outweighs, by far, the investment made in the last two decades."

Shekarau said one of the main reasons of the interactive session was to honour some selected members of his 'Adaidaita Sahu' societal reorientation programme, which he started when he was the governor of Kano State.

He also recounted the achievements of the federal government in the education sector where, he said, the establishment of new universities and other tertiary institutions raised enrolment significantly. He attributed the establishment of 127 Tsangaya schools in the North to the present administration's strive to provide citizens access to basic education.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412292790.html
Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by goshen(m): 11:46pm On Dec 31, 2014
Greek gesture!!! An artificial increase few months to the election for another campaign gimmick. Am sure the allocations would go back to 200M if GEJ wins next year. I also found it rather ironic that a whole university, with thousands of students and staff gets far less than what the presidency spends annually on food (4Billion naira, I guess). Insanity!!!!

Try harder mate, am not buying this bullshit campaign post.

Ikengawo:
[size=15pt]Jonathan's Investment in Education Highest in Two Decades - Shekarau[/size]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412292790.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by babadee1(m): 11:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Highest investment in education in two decades yet students are failing WAEC and NECO like no man's business. Public education is almost pointless nowadays, home schooling the kids might be the best way to go.
Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by Change2015(m): 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
And the failure rates at JAMB and NECO are the highest in a generation, so what exactly is your point?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by musiwa97: 12:26am On Jan 01, 2015
Babadee.. Email me.

I can answer your question privately. Delemusiwa@gmail.com.
Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by Brimmie(m): 12:34am On Jan 01, 2015
musiwa97:
Babadee.. Email me.

I can answer your question privately. Delemusiwa@gmail.com.

Musiwa Happy New Year! cheesy
Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by tit(f): 12:35am On Jan 01, 2015
this is why we dont like him.
some people prefer to do expo and certificate like ...
others prefer to sit under mango tree and do boko haram. this people dont have certificate like ...
still others prefer to do oyewole and get toronto certificate like ...

jonathan bad man,
he wants people to suffer reading book.
too much book can make people craze.
it happen to one boy when i was growing up.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by Nobody: 1:41am On Jan 01, 2015
Failure rate for WAEC went up to 70% from 40% last year. Whats the point of the increase in funding when we we all know most of the funds are embezzled and your oga Goodluck Jonathan does'nt give a damn because "stealing is not corruption"

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by streetsoldier1(m): 1:53am On Jan 01, 2015
Seems Nigerians are becoming moore stupid by the day!!.....students refused to study and parents refused to do their part by bringing up their kids the right way!! Yet they rant govt this, govt that!!
O ye generations of fools........
When will you be responsible and stop blaming govt for every woes...
Shey na govt go write exams for the students?
#whereisnationalorientationagency?#

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 01, 2015
Seriously speaking God would bless Jonathan.

Only for the almajiri schools and the railways revival he has done more than any other government in this democratic dispensation.

Pls someone remind me of obasanjo's legacy again.... And buhari... Can't seem to find any.

Even under the unrest in the North Jonathan still achieved. Imagine what he would have done if those mallams kept making suya instead of bomb!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by lilbabyak(m): 3:17am On Jan 01, 2015
na him schools still dey go strike
Re: Jonathan's Investment In Education Highest In Two Decades - Shekarau by ANBAKO: 3:21am On Jan 01, 2015
Where will they have money for election if they do not "suddenly" increase allocation? Investment my asx!!!! ...How long was the last ASUU strike? Success rate in last SSCE?

Cluelessness of a clueless Mr. Clueless

(1) (Reply)

God Is Against Osibanjo / Why I Will Not Vote For GEJ / President Jonathan Lied: Record Shows Nigeria’s Arms Purchase By Buhari/jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.