Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,370 members, 7,812,090 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (599659 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
where are the #AUDUSD experts? , is it a buy
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2015
Just opened this trade on EURAUD. Three lots.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
this pair still has room to go down to complete the weekly range,rather wait till monday or end of tommorow
Bollinger:
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 6:00pm On Jul 30, 2015
bought #AUDUSD, TP 150+ pips
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
jorel1:
this pair still has room to go down to complete the weekly range,rather wait till monday or end of tommorow

It's possible. But i'm basing my entry off correlation. Audusd has somewhat confirmed it's downtrend and there is one more upward move left for EURAUD to complete it's reversal pattern.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
#GBPUSD , going long now till end of trading week
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by nasyl(m): 7:18pm On Jul 30, 2015
jorel1:
#GBPUSD , going long now till end of trading week

Bro...I'm not a pro, but I don't see it going long at all.
like I said, I'm not a pro.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 30, 2015
I think you are right, a trendline on 1hr was broken..moreover there is very good resistance above tested several times already. we ll see
nasyl:

Bro...I'm not a pro, but I don't see it going long at all.
like I said, I'm not a pro.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
[quote author=iheanyiebeneze post=36431269]sell usdcad now at 1.3028, take 50pips profit at 1.2970[/qkeep it up.....this kind of trade is called countertrade
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
The GBP (even if still bullish) drop to last about three months is expected anytime soon ,beware
#GBPAUD
#GBPNZD
#GBPCAD
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 30, 2015
USDCAD sell from 1.3028.
Yes the countertrade has paid some free dollars.
Just bring stoploss to BREAKEVEN.[quote author=FxDuke post=36439621][/quote]
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by harizonal123(m): 10:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol...this pair is my best currency pair tonight. I just sold it with tp at 1.48851. Let see how it plays out tomorrow
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 2:42am On Jul 31, 2015
#GBPUSD , has more tendencies to go higher the next three weeks.
judging from the nice trendline and EMA 21 support on the weekly

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 31, 2015
we normally take profit on eu today
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 31, 2015
iheanyiebeneze:
USDCAD sell from 1.3028.
Yes the countertrade has paid some free dollars.
Just bring stoploss to BREAKEVEN.
thanks
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2015
you are most welcome.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 10:32am On Jul 31, 2015
#EURCADAUDJPY , getting ready to sell at good price...long term things
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by harizonal123(m): 11:15am On Jul 31, 2015
harizonal123:

Lol...this pair is my best currency pair tonight. I just sold it with tp at 1.48851. Let see how it plays out tomorrow

SL hit..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 11:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Just incase you wondering why the surge with the Euro pairs
currency strength meter, sometimes comes in handy for day trading sentiments direction and picking the right pair to trade for the day.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Sell EU now @1.0985, for a 50pips take profit, and second 100pips take profit. @1.0885.
Sell EURAUD now @1.5135 for a 50pips take profit.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 11:44am On Jul 31, 2015
jorel1:
#EURCADAUDJPY , getting ready to sell at good price...long term things
If this trades go from here , $2700 profit in view. lose only at most $60 ..high risk precision trading
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
@ALL,
PLEASE READ THIS.

Four reasons why you're getting nowhere...

I expect you’re in this game because you want to make some money.

There’s no shame in that.

Maybe there are things you want to be able to spend your money on … maybe you’d like financial security for the future … to be able to provide for your family … or free yourself from the rat race …

Whatever the reasons, we come back to the same thing – making money.

Short of winning the lottery, or coming into some huge inheritance from a long-lost relative … making money will generally involve sticking our necks out, putting some effort in, and taking a (carefully measured) degree of risk.

And that’s where most people come unstuck …
Getting started with your trading or spread betting involves taking a step into the unknown.

But many people are nervous of losing money. It’s a healthy, sensible fear – no one wants to lose money. And certainly no one wants to get wiped out.

Others stand back from the markets because they’re worried that they don’t have the time, the money, or the know-how to get involved.

All these issues can keep potential traders on the outside.

If that sounds like it could be happening to you, then you’ll never be able to move forward until you address these issues.

None of these factors need to stop you from making money … but the mere fact that you’re hesitating shows that you’ve recognized these important stumbling blocks – which is the first step to solving them …

1. Your trading fund

It’s one of the most common frustrations I hear from people, who get sick and tired of hearing about “great trading strategies” that are “raking in huge profits” …

It can be annoying when you hear about people making £500 on a trade … only to discover that they’re trading with a £25,000 fund, and that your own measly pot would give you £10 profit on the same trade.

It’s enough to make you wonder, why bother?

If you’re in middle age … with little funds … and an income that’s barely covering your outgoings … Perhaps you’d better give up on the idea of trading?

And just accepting your financial situation as it is?

The truth is that it’s exactly this kind of thinking that stops most people from trading.

It’s also this kind of thinking that stops people setting up their own businesses … or starting a new career path … or making any positive changes in their lives …

It’s disheartening to know that we’ll have to start right at the beginning, with tiny baby steps.
Feeling financially powerless is a trap that we can easily get stuck in – and it makes us want to blame others for our lack of fortune. I’m not trying to lecture you here – I’ve been stuck in this trap myself. I’m sure we can all recognize feelings of resentment towards others for their good fortune. However, if we stop looking at others and comparing ourselves to them – we can begin to win that power back.

The truth is, that the size of your trading fund may be a measure of your wealth … but it isn’t the measure of your financial power. Financial power is about a mindset that isn’t knocked back by failures or by the sometimes overwhelming feeling of having to start at the bottom.

It’s where most people have started out.

Which is why the first thing to do when you have a small trading fund is to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.

How many times have you heard advice to “start small” … “don’t risk too much” … If you have a modest trading fund – you HAVE to start small. And, as your fund grows in size, so too will your experience, and (hopefully) your success rate.

Plus, traders with a modest fund really understand the importance of NOT LOSING that money. Let’s say that Trader A has a fund of £25,000 to invest, but starts trading with just £500 of that fund. Meanwhile, Trader B has just £500 to invest in the same trading strategy.
You can be sure that Trader B will have a very different attitude to risk, and will guard that £500 ferociously. Your trading fund is the most precious commodity in your trading armory – the most important thing you can do as a trader is to protect it from losses. If that means sitting out of the market when others are jumping in – so be it.

Traders with tighter budgets understand this principle far better than those with deep pockets. So, start small and reinvest your winnings. That way, you’ll be unleashing the power of compound investment, which (with time) is the most powerful money-making tool you can apply to your investments.

2. Your mental attitude

When we look at the markets, it’s easy to see pound signs flashing before our eyes, and to imagine that we can hit it big, with huge winnings, and have a work-free life of luxury ahead of us. Then we hit an obstacle … and we’re completely demoralized.

The truth is that big winners are only for traders with big trading funds.

If your means are modest, and you’re trading with a sensible risk profile, you should be looking for modest winnings. And you should be very happy if your trading fund has grown by a few percentage points by the end of the year.

Realistic expectations are essential to trading success and keeping on the straight and narrow.
If you expect too much, you’re likely to start using stakes that are too high and taking unnecessary risks with your money.

Also, if you expect too much, you’re likely to become disillusioned with trading pretty fast!

3. Your discipline and consistency

Successful trading requires: simple plans and clear rules that you can follow to the letter. And that’s why a trading strategy – whether it’s one you’ve developed yourself or have bought in – is so important.

And keeping that trading strategy up and running means keeping track of your results, so you can measure just how effective it is, and assess where it requires adjustment.

4. Your trading knowledge

It may surprise you that knowledge of the markets comes last on my list.

The truth is that all traders will experience rough patches – whether they are novices or pros. What separates the successful trader from the ones who get wiped out is how they deal with those rough patches – in terms of mental attitude, tracking results, and risk management.
As a much smarter man than me put it: “The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.” And I think that really gets to the heart of how traders should approach the markets. The more we think we “know” about how the market will behave – the more danger we’re in of making stupid mistakes.

The best we can hope for in the markets is to recognise behaviour patterns, and gain a statistical edge by using those patterns.

So, keep learning, keep disciplined, and keep plugging away. That’s the clear path to a profitable trading future.

HAPPY WEEKEND....
CHEERS!!!

3 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Bring Stop loss on eu to BE.
iheanyiebeneze:
Sell EU now @1.0985, for a 50pips take profit, and second 100pips take profit. @1.0885.
Sell EURAUD now @1.5135 for a 50pips take profit.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 12:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
My Gold trade. My AUDUSD, GBPUSD, and EURAUD trades i took yesterday are doing quite nicely. Me thinks this is a lengthy trend. At least three to four hundred pips at a minimum.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 1:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sell stop trap for GBPNZD. Lets see if the pair will go for the bait.

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
#CAD and market uncertainties just happened grin grin grin
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 1:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
Every traders desire,
market goes your way immediately after you enter a trade.
May you and I have lots of these as testimony. Amen

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
In forex, preaching to a trader whether newbie or experienced is like talking to ones self. The only way humans learn is by experiencing mistakes and finding a fitting way to adjust ..At the end of the day its not necessarily about your account size ,rather its your intellectual acumen.
you could trade with $1M account size and still experience draw down at an exponential rate thus wiping off your account in a day or 2 if you don't know what you doing.

In summary, if at the end of a trading week you have only half or less your account size of $50 then just don't deposit anymore until you are profitable with a system on demo.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by dansatch: 1:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Capitals:
Every traders desire, market goes your way immediately after you enter a trade. May you have lots of these as testimony. Amen
what time frame
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
one minute away from screen and all market went awol..sorry to trades without SL
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 2:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Damn. That spike almost took me out of the gbpusd and audusd trade. Fracking News. If 15688 is broken on Gu then i'm out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.