Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Forex Trading - Season 15 - Business (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Forex Trading - Season 15 (600196 Views)

Banks In Competitive Forex Trading As Demand For School Fees, Others Shrink / JUICE Binary Options & Forex Trading Season 1 / Social Forex Trading-thank God I Lost USD 120 In A Few Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (353) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 2:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
The last time this happened marked the beginning of reversals for a new trend.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Capitals: 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
dansatch:

what time frame

Its small tf jo, 5min

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 2:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
#GBPAUD sell now
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by mechbeejay: 2:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
o boy gold dey vex ooo
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Karlebolu(m): 2:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Mehn! Market dey vex o. See as them wan destroy USD destiny. shocked
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
This s time to make money on eu scalp
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
down 80 pips
jorel1:
#GBPAUD sell now
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
£Eurjpy , looks like sell is gonna hold
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Looks like things are back to normal. Hopefully the trend resumes. Looks that way though.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
Things are not normalized oooo unless you want to take advantage of the anomaly.
This is called END OF WEEK cum END OF MONTH VOLATILITY.
Forex trading is pure business,
We make more money with HIGH VOLATILITY.
Bollinger:
Looks like things are back to normal. Hopefully the trend resumes. Looks that way though.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 5:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
iheanyiebeneze:
Things are not normalized oooo unless you want to take advantage of the anomaly.
This is called END OF WEEK cum END OF MONTH VOLATILITY.
Forex trading is pure business,
We make more money with HIGH VOLATILITY.

True. But, your way of trading is different from mine. I don't swing trade nor scalp. The spikes never took me out. So, until it does, i'm still in it.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2015
Please stick to your TRADING STRATEGY,
Its very important to PLAN YOUR TRADE AND TRADE YOUR PLAN.
I wish you more GREEN pips.
CHEERS!!!
Bollinger:

True. But, your way of trading is different from mine. I don't swing trade nor scalp. The spikes never took me out. So, until it does, i'm still in it.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
EURAUD take profit hit.
EU stopped out at BE.
For me BREAKEVEN(BE) is better than stop loss hit.
iheanyiebeneze:
Sell EU now @1.0985, for a 50pips take profit, and second 100pips take profit. @1.0885.
Sell EURAUD now @1.5135 for a 50pips take profit.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 5:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
jorel1:
£Eurjpy , looks like sell is gonna hold
down 90 pips already ...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by adeniyia33(m): 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
As always Boss. On.point

iheanyiebeneze:
@ALL,
PLEASE READ THIS.

Four reasons why you're getting nowhere...

I expect you’re in this game because you want to make some money.

There’s no shame in that.

Maybe there are things you want to be able to spend your money on … maybe you’d like financial security for the future … to be able to provide for your family … or free yourself from the rat race …

Whatever the reasons, we come back to the same thing – making money.

Short of winning the lottery, or coming into some huge inheritance from a long-lost relative … making money will generally involve sticking our necks out, putting some effort in, and taking a (carefully measured) degree of risk.

And that’s where most people come unstuck …
Getting started with your trading or spread betting involves taking a step into the unknown.

But many people are nervous of losing money. It’s a healthy, sensible fear – no one wants to lose money. And certainly no one wants to get wiped out.

Others stand back from the markets because they’re worried that they don’t have the time, the money, or the know-how to get involved.

All these issues can keep potential traders on the outside.

If that sounds like it could be happening to you, then you’ll never be able to move forward until you address these issues.

None of these factors need to stop you from making money … but the mere fact that you’re hesitating shows that you’ve recognized these important stumbling blocks – which is the first step to solving them …

1. Your trading fund

It’s one of the most common frustrations I hear from people, who get sick and tired of hearing about “great trading strategies” that are “raking in huge profits” …

It can be annoying when you hear about people making £500 on a trade … only to discover that they’re trading with a £25,000 fund, and that your own measly pot would give you £10 profit on the same trade.

It’s enough to make you wonder, why bother?

If you’re in middle age … with little funds … and an income that’s barely covering your outgoings … Perhaps you’d better give up on the idea of trading?

And just accepting your financial situation as it is?

The truth is that it’s exactly this kind of thinking that stops most people from trading.

It’s also this kind of thinking that stops people setting up their own businesses … or starting a new career path … or making any positive changes in their lives …

It’s disheartening to know that we’ll have to start right at the beginning, with tiny baby steps.
Feeling financially powerless is a trap that we can easily get stuck in – and it makes us want to blame others for our lack of fortune. I’m not trying to lecture you here – I’ve been stuck in this trap myself. I’m sure we can all recognize feelings of resentment towards others for their good fortune. However, if we stop looking at others and comparing ourselves to them – we can begin to win that power back.

The truth is, that the size of your trading fund may be a measure of your wealth … but it isn’t the measure of your financial power. Financial power is about a mindset that isn’t knocked back by failures or by the sometimes overwhelming feeling of having to start at the bottom.

It’s where most people have started out.

Which is why the first thing to do when you have a small trading fund is to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in.

How many times have you heard advice to “start small” … “don’t risk too much” … If you have a modest trading fund – you HAVE to start small. And, as your fund grows in size, so too will your experience, and (hopefully) your success rate.

Plus, traders with a modest fund really understand the importance of NOT LOSING that money. Let’s say that Trader A has a fund of £25,000 to invest, but starts trading with just £500 of that fund. Meanwhile, Trader B has just £500 to invest in the same trading strategy.
You can be sure that Trader B will have a very different attitude to risk, and will guard that £500 ferociously. Your trading fund is the most precious commodity in your trading armory – the most important thing you can do as a trader is to protect it from losses. If that means sitting out of the market when others are jumping in – so be it.

Traders with tighter budgets understand this principle far better than those with deep pockets. So, start small and reinvest your winnings. That way, you’ll be unleashing the power of compound investment, which (with time) is the most powerful money-making tool you can apply to your investments.

2. Your mental attitude

When we look at the markets, it’s easy to see pound signs flashing before our eyes, and to imagine that we can hit it big, with huge winnings, and have a work-free life of luxury ahead of us. Then we hit an obstacle … and we’re completely demoralized.

The truth is that big winners are only for traders with big trading funds.

If your means are modest, and you’re trading with a sensible risk profile, you should be looking for modest winnings. And you should be very happy if your trading fund has grown by a few percentage points by the end of the year.

Realistic expectations are essential to trading success and keeping on the straight and narrow.
If you expect too much, you’re likely to start using stakes that are too high and taking unnecessary risks with your money.

Also, if you expect too much, you’re likely to become disillusioned with trading pretty fast!

3. Your discipline and consistency

Successful trading requires: simple plans and clear rules that you can follow to the letter. And that’s why a trading strategy – whether it’s one you’ve developed yourself or have bought in – is so important.

And keeping that trading strategy up and running means keeping track of your results, so you can measure just how effective it is, and assess where it requires adjustment.

4. Your trading knowledge

It may surprise you that knowledge of the markets comes last on my list.

The truth is that all traders will experience rough patches – whether they are novices or pros. What separates the successful trader from the ones who get wiped out is how they deal with those rough patches – in terms of mental attitude, tracking results, and risk management.
As a much smarter man than me put it: “The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing.” And I think that really gets to the heart of how traders should approach the markets. The more we think we “know” about how the market will behave – the more danger we’re in of making stupid mistakes.

The best we can hope for in the markets is to recognise behaviour patterns, and gain a statistical edge by using those patterns.

So, keep learning, keep disciplined, and keep plugging away. That’s the clear path to a profitable trading future.

HAPPY WEEKEND....
CHEERS!!!
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
You are most welcome.
Meanwhile, i like your signature.
adeniyia33:
As always Boss. On.point

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 6:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
£GBPAUD , selling again TP 90pips
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Yep. As hoped. Audusd, Gbpusd trend resumes. Never trust news or spikes.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
£GBPAUD , a new high today not possible..
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 9:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
#CAD pairs all training on top of the range,possibly a sell on Monday
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Cul4real(m): 4:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Please house, which one is even most easier or less complicated between binary option trading and forex trading especially for newbies? Thanks.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by adeniyia33(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2015
With my little.knowledge on both Binary and Fx, I can tell u.that FX is easier compared to Binary. Though, FX.easy language may be a.journey.to hell but if one is satisfied wt.little, Sky.is.d.limit.wt FX as u are.d.master of ur decision
I av tried both and I am.done.wt.Binary while I.still.drink.some cowbell milk with little I am.makg.on FX.

I.may be wrong.may be due.to.my.experience becloudg my.submission..but I feel cool.wt.FX

Cul4real:
Please house, which one is even most easier or less complicated between binary option trading and forex trading especially for newbies? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 11:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Only 5% or less of day traders make money consistently... grin grin grin
And trading strategy is not the number one reason for this. Failure to implement the strategy fully and not following the rules and guidelines is the number one reason for losses of majority of day traders...
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Bollinger(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2015
Cul4real:

Good question. One constant recurring criteria in binary trading is that you make money only if price meets a certain point in X amount of time. Also, the way the brokers volume/lots for trades are structured, it is impossible to utilize compounding. In forex, you choose your volume/lots per trade which is perfect for compounding. That alone should tell you that forex is way better than binary options. You see, making money in the markets is about your knowledge in the application of probability, math, and odds. If i give you a strategy that has a 5 percent win ratio and part of the rules is that you must religiously place your stop loss at 10 pips but your wins would generate 250 pips, you are well on your way to being a millionaire. But here's the thing; you will still manage to screw it up. Why? with the scenario i just gave, what will be your downfall is time and frustration. A 5 percent win ratio means you would have to take 95 trades and each time would be a loss and you would only win five times. you would never know when those five win trades would come up. It could be days, or weeks. Eventually you would change parameters because of frustration. This simple concept is what most traders don't seem to understand or want to understand. As traders we have an EGO problem. Almost everyone (including me) has a nostradamus complex. We all want to be the first person to crack forex. Which is why people flock to Binary option. Binary option is basically telling the trader to predict where price is going and that my friend is impossible. The overall movement of price is not news based, it's trader/people driven. Can you honestly tell me you know what your fellow man is thinking? if you can know that, then yes you can determine the direction of price. But that will never happen. Anyone who tells you they know what price would do the next minute has ulterior motives. Which is also why binary option should be avoided.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by currentprice: 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Bollinger:

Good question. One constant recurring criteria in binary trading is that you make money only if price meets a certain point in X amount of time. Also, the way the brokers volume/lots for trades are structured, it is impossible to utilize compounding. In forex, you choose your volume/lots per trade which is perfect for compounding. That alone should tell you that forex is way better than binary options. You see, making money in the markets is about your knowledge in the application of probability, math, and odds. If i give you a strategy that has a 5 percent win ratio and part of the rules is that you must religiously place your stop loss at 10 pips but your wins would generate 250 pips, you are well on your way to being a millionaire. But here's the thing; you will still manage to screw it up. Why? with the scenario i just gave, what will be your downfall is time and frustration. A 5 percent win ratio means you would have to take 95 trades and each time would be a loss and you would only win five times. you would never know when those five win trades would come up. It could be days, or weeks. Eventually you would change parameters because of frustration. This simple concept is what most traders don't seem to understand or want to understand. As traders we have an EGO problem. Almost everyone (including me) has a nostradamus complex. We all want to be the first person to crack forex. Which is why people flock to Binary option. Binary option is basically telling the trader to predict where price is going and that my friend is impossible. The overall movement of price is not news based, it's trader/people driven. Can you honestly tell me you know what your fellow man is thinking? if you can know that, then yes you can determine the direction of price. But that will never happen. Anyone who tells you they know what price would do the next minute has ulterior motives. Which is also why binary option should be avoided.

wisdom post
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Cul4real(m): 11:56pm On Aug 01, 2015
adeniyia33:
With my little.knowledge on both Binary and Fx, I can tell u.that FX is easier compared to Binary. Though, FX.easy language may be a.journey.to hell but if one is satisfied wt.little, Sky.is.d.limit.wt FX as u are.d.master of ur decision
I av tried both and I am.done.wt.Binary while I.still.drink.some cowbell milk with little I am.makg.on FX.

I.may be wrong.may be due.to.my.experience becloudg my.submission..but I feel cool.wt.FX

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Cul4real(m): 3:43am On Aug 02, 2015
Bollinger:

Great. Thank you.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by abbeyforex(m): 9:43am On Aug 02, 2015
Bollinger:

FOREX, THE ULTIMATE MONEY MAKING MACHINE.
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by Manweysabi(m): 10:01am On Aug 02, 2015
What is to one a goad, is to another a load...

... Some people perform well in binary options than forex.

2 Likes

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
#GBPAUD , if we dont get a gap down during the weekend, looking to buy from
Current price currently at support 2.1357
Next Support level 2.131
Last week low 2.124

TP: 900 pips

Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by adeniyia33(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
Pls.what.is d parameter u set for.the Moving Average? I can see it in red

jorel1:
#GBPAUD , if we dont get a gap down during the weekend, looking to buy from
Current price currently at support 2.1357
Next Support level 2.131
Last week low 2.124

TP: 900 pips
Re: Forex Trading - Season 15 by jorel1(m): 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2015
adeniyia33:
Pls.what.is d parameter u set for.the Moving Average? I can see it in red

Its a 50 SMA

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (353) (Reply)

CBN’s N50bn COVID-19 Fund Disbursement Begins Thursday / Forex Trading - Season 13 / How To Make Regular Income Offering HOT Digital Marketing Services On Fiverr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.