Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN (27451 Views)

Christians And Muslims, Did Jesus Pray Like Muslims Do? / Kenyan Muslims Shield And Protect Christians In Mandera Bus Attack / Women WERE Aboard Refugee Ships, But Muslims Did Something Sickening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Galadimabawa: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
freshness2020:

..not all core hausa's...we still have some cool headed one's! It won't be nice If we generalize them!
ok

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by stanisbaratheon: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
TheBitterTruth:
The foolish antiChrist CAN President has reduced us to the State of nothingness. So, the guy is wright. What has he got to do with the purchase of arminatns and money lundary with the govt in power. Why is his word always politically inclined most especially in support of the party in power b/c of the JET donated for him by GEJ called unknwn donor. God will judge us all.

yeah enough said
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Ilemba(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
freshness2020:
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Kaduna State on Wednesday debunked widely circulated reports that some Muslims protected Christians during Christmas service in Kaduna town. Reverend Sunday Ibrahim, the secretary of the Kaduna State chapter of CAN, made the refutation in a statement he released at a press briefing.

Mr. Ibrahim stated that it had nothing against genuine peace advocates, but added that it opposed the spreading of falsehood. The Christian organization declared that there was no single church in Kaduna that faced any attack that warranted protection. It also disclosed that the usual security agents were drafted to secure Christian worshippers on Christmas day.

“It has become imperative for us to clarify this falsehood and confusion in local and international media,” said the CAN spokesman. “Many of our members have been calling and asking questions whether a Church was protected from being attacked by Muslims in [the] Sabo area on Christmas day? And we said it is not true, and we don’t want people to create panic and dishing out [an] inciting story,” the statement continued.

According to the CAN official, “there was no attempted attack on any Church in Kaduna town on Christmas day that [warranted] some Muslims coming to protect the Church from attackers.”

Mr. Ibrahim emphasized that there was “no record of any Church in Sabon Tasha, Barnawa and environs out of the over 400 Churches that was protected by Muslims. Sabon Tasha is a 100 percent Christian-dominated area, and how will Muslims come from Rigasa and Tudun Wada to protect a Church in Sabon Tasha?”

He added: “We are not against any peace initiative as we are working with Jama’atu Nasril Islam for peace. However we are not aware of this fabricated story from any Church, security agencies, military, police and the SSS capable of creating confusion.

He explained that some Muslims visited a Christian pastor on Christmas day to celebrate Christmas with him, but not to protect a Church as was widely reported. He urged the media to verify their facts before publishing, assuring Christians that no single Church was threatened on Christmas day.

http://saharareporters.com/2014/12/31/muslims-did-not-protect-christians-christmas-day%E2%80%94can
SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK
NEWS

this pdp people will always say something out of point even if it's new year........even if they see the wind of change blowing around the nation
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by BetaThings: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2015
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/muslim-youths-protect-christians-xmas-service-kaduna/

BTW are they saying
News Agency of Nigeria lied?
Pastor Yohanna Buru led or does not exist?

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by freshness2020: 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2015
Ilemba:

this pdp people will always say something out of point even if it's new year........even if they see the wind of change blowing around the nation
Is like your head needs rebooting this new year!
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Defcon1(m): 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2015
This is really a season of lies and counter-lies
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Kbraims(m): 2:11pm On Jan 01, 2015
Dis is bullshit! watz d essence of statn tinz lyk dis,even though is a lie cant we jst keep shut since is 4 d gud!
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by thugward04: 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2015
keyzid:

Jazaqumulahi ahiran
wat a wonderful job done brother I pray may Allah bless us wif more of ur type dis is wat we want to see brother writing jazukumulahu hairan
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by sademola: 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2015
freshness2020:
♈όϋ sound like an APC apologist!

Is "bling bling headed CAN" PDP?
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Kbraims(m): 2:17pm On Jan 01, 2015
Dis is bullshit! watz d essence of statn tinz lyk dis,even though is a lie cant we jst keep shut since is 4 d gud!!!
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by inosend: 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2015
Crocz:
Oh how I'd love all this so called religious arms be suspended. They are not creating peace, they are advocating for chaos. I mean why can't you just let the news be?...it might change the mindset of some youth who had believed it. What does he hope to gain by refuting the claim now?

There are fanatics hiding behind a cat smile and that white cloak...trust me!
Sir, I believe he was trying to mitigate the belief that a church was even ATTACKED in the first place. That there never was any cause for alarm so adherents of the two religions won't have any kind of anxiety.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nazareth10: 2:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
Crocz:
Oh how I'd love all this so called religious arms be suspended. They are not creating peace, they are advocating for chaos. I mean why can't you just let the news be?...it might change the mindset of some youth who had believed it. What does he hope to gain by refuting the claim now?

There are fanatics hiding behind a cat smile and that white cloak...trust me!
is it not good u know the truth of what realy happened
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Crocz(m): 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
inosend:
Sir, I believe he was trying to mitigate the belief that a church was even ATTACKED in the first place. That there never was any cause for alarm so adherents of the two religions won't have any kind of anxiety.

The news didn't say any church was "attacked"...it's about some muslim youth providing security during service

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by limamintruth: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sure cheesy

TheBitterTruth:
It's regretably lugubious that antiChrist like me 'TheBitterTruth' and my Leaders Shekau, idol has Yoruba do call it are managing our affairs. TheBitterTruth's gulder with SHEKAU will soon perish unless they repent. TheBitterTruth is a forsaken puppy. grin
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by rabimlomo: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
I read with utter dismay, some people's comments saying that the lie should have been allowed to remain the way it is in order to foster peace.... This is sad. How can?
Anything based on a lie will have a far reaching negative effect in the long run. Why would anyone want to believe a lie?
So in essence, the pastor qouted in the original article lied or didn't exist?

Over 200 Muslim youth who volunteered are part of those protecting Christians during church services to celebrate this year’s Christmas in Kaduna.
The information was given by a pastor in Kaduna, Yohanna Buru.
Buru a pastor of the Christ Evangelical Church, Sabon Tasha, Kaduna South, disclosed this in an interview with journalists in the state, where he confirmed that over 200 Muslims were at his church to help protect the faithful from any attack during the church service.
According to him, the initiative is the first of its kind after the series of crises that rocked the state in recent past.
“I really appreciate their love and care,’’ said the cleric.
Buru said the essence of that was to protect the Christian worshippers as part of effort to strengthen peaceful co-existence between Muslims and Christians in the state.
According to Daily Independent, the pastor expressed happiness over the protection given to them by the Muslim brothers.
He noted the initiative was an indication that peace has come to stay in the state, saying the measure will strengthen a lasting peace between the two religions.
Buru also prayed God to continue to bring about peace in the country the country, praying that other citizens would emulate the gesture, urging Nigerians to learn to live in peace with one another irrespective of ethnic or religious differences.
The cleric said that peace was a major panacea to the positive development of any nation.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by limamintruth: 3:22pm On Jan 01, 2015
Crocz:

The news didn't say any church was "attacked"...it's about some muslim youth providing security during service

And why would muslim youths provide security for any church in the first place? Or are they specifically immune to terrorist attack? undecided

Christmas was celebrated peacefully, so i see no point in portraying anything to the contrary. Such false news is capable of sending the wrong message to those who live outside the north or kad. state cos the report indirectly signals that there exist some kind of tension, or apprehension, or hostility; which warranted the muslim youths to protect the church in question.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by freshness2020: 3:25pm On Jan 01, 2015
sademola:

Is "bling bling headed CAN" PDP?
I have no idea of what you saying !
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Fellywood(m): 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
omenka:
To what end is this rebuttal

"They are still our enemies"??

CAN indeed is an extension of PDP. Stoking religious disharmony amongst Nigerians. What exactly do they seek to gain from this statement??

You should have first asked about the benefit APC will get from peddling falsehood...EVIL PARTY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by luvmijeje(f): 4:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
Many of our members have been calling and asking questions whether a Church was protected from being attacked by Muslims in [the] Sabo area on Christmas day? And we said it is not true, and we don’t want people to create panic and dishing out [an] inciting story,” the statement continued.

Panic?? Incite CAN is a very very foolish and obviously partisan organisation.

Even if it's a lie..... It's a white lie...... It's a necessary lie...... It's a good propaganda. Boko Haram are attacking both Christians and Muslims, so when that news broke, the message indirectly being pass is that defeating Boko Haram is a collective effort.

Jonathan has done enough damage to our psyche. He should just go.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by dabossman(m): 4:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sard:

Sir, how is someone performing a miracle secretly related to another person debunking lie openly?
Should we just let the lies go unquestioned since it has to do with religion? I see people debunking political lies here everyday with people screaming for joy, why should this be different?
Besides, what is the rationale behind the lie? Don't you think there could be a conspiracy behind this lie? This is Nigeria, where people do things for various reasons.
No matter how sweet a lie is, the bitter truth is still a better option.

While not trying to justify the telling of lies, I would like to ask how Rahab the harlot protected the Israelite spies who Joshua sent to Jericho? She lied to her own people and her family was spared. How did Miriam get Moses mother to nurse him right in the home of Pharaoh? Another lie.

Nobody has asked the man from CAN to lie. The initial report was credited to another Pastor whose name was given. Did he call that Pastor to confirm before calling a press conference? What does he hope to achieve by refuting that report? Yeah, disprove a lie. Okay, how many press conferences has he called in Kaduna, Kano or Maiduguri to refute the claim by Muslims that Jesus is just a prophet and not the Son of God. Or does he not consider that to be a lie as a Minister of God? Oh, he keeps such sermons to the confines of the four walls of his church.

Again, silence is golden.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Sard(m): 6:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
dabossman:

While not trying to justify the telling of lies, I would like to ask how Rahab the harlot protected the Israelite spies who Joshua sent to Jericho? She lied to her own people and her family was spared. How did Miriam get Moses mother to nurse him right in the home of Pharaoh? Another lie.

Nobody has asked the man from CAN to lie. The initial report was credited to another Pastor whose name was given. Did he call that Pastor to confirm before calling a press conference? What does he hope to achieve by refuting that report? Yeah, disprove a lie. Okay, how many press conferences has he called in Kaduna, Kano or Maiduguri to refute the claim by Muslims that Jesus is just a prophet and not the Son of God. Or does he not consider that to be a lie as a Minister of God? Oh, he keeps such sermons to the confines of the four walls of his church.

Again, silence is golden.
The difference between this and those is that lives were at risk. The two men of Israel were already in Rahab's house before she lied, even if she told the king of Jericho they were there, his family would be first at risk even if the two men would be captured and killed later.
Sir, as for Moses, he definitely would have been killed if the truth was to be told.
I understand that silence is golden, the pastor could have kept shut but he didn't for some reason best known to him. The reason could be political though. But the fact is no life is at risk here.
All in all, the fact is the first pastor has his reason for giving us the information without any proof, the second pastor also has his reason for refuting the other's claim. There may be something else on ground we dont know.
Have a good day,sir.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Akainzo(m): 6:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mexyz:
Bro I have been a victim, I was in Kaduna during the 2011 election and the violence that follows after the result was announced. I was in kd from 2009-2013, that's why I get annoyed anytime the only progressive I like here(Barcanista) is defending Buhari supporters that perpetrated that evil act. Buhari can apologize to Nigerians and we all move on but exonerating him of blames is annoying cause this people were shouting Sai buhari while holding his posters and at the same time killing innocent people. Even Muslims that were coming from Abuja were not spared by Goningora youths(Christians) cause they were annoyed with the way Christians were being slaughtered at TUNDUN WADA and RIGASA area of Kaduna. My uncle have a house in kd(Goningora) I was with him when all these things took place, just to tell you that this is not a hear say but an eye witness account.

So in essence you are saying you witnessed (albeit participated) Christians killing innocent Muslims on their way from Abuja to KD as part of the 2011 elections violence!

The question you didn't ask yourself is, what do you think would have been the reaction of Muslims at Angwa Rimi when they also hear of the massacre going on at Goningora?
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Osakah24(m): 6:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
bigwind:
I used to think u're wise.
Omenka in igbo means evil doer so what more do you expect?
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Mexyz(m): 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Akainzo:

So in essence you are saying you witnessed (albeit participated) Christians killing innocent Muslims on their way from Abuja to KD as part of the 2011 elections violence!

The question you didn't ask yourself is, what do you think would have been the reaction of Muslims at Angwa Rimi when they also hear of the massacre going on at Goningora?
Read and comprehend very well before quoting me. The trouble started right from Monday market area then those at Tundun wada responded. Even my uncles wife that has lived all her life in kd predicted that Muslims youth were going to start trouble that monday morning.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mexyz:
Bro I have been a victim, I was in Kaduna during the 2011 election and the violence that follows after the result was announced. I was in kd from 2009-2013, that's why I get annoyed anytime the only progressive I like here(Barcanista) is defending Buhari supporters that perpetrated that evil act. Buhari can apologize to Nigerians and we all move on but exonerating him of blames is annoying cause this people were shouting Sai buhari while holding his posters and at the same time killing innocent people. Even Muslims that were coming from Abuja were not spared by Goningora youths(Christians) cause they were annoyed with the way Christians were being slaughtered at TUNDUN WADA and RIGASA area of Kaduna. My uncle have a house in kd(Goningora) I was with him when all these things took place, just to tell you that this is not a hear say but an eye witness account.
Point of correction bro, I can never defend those bastards. My position is that government should unravel who was behind it rather than speculate buhari when nothing link him to it
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by coolcacuz: 8:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
I don see the point of this information by CAN, I don't see the good in this information this kind of news brews negative feelings among Christians and muslims as opposed to the other news of people with different views and beliefs somehow finding a way around their differences. CAN is obviously 6ft deep in the s**t called politics
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Akainzo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mexyz:
Read and comprehend very well before quoting me. The trouble started right from Monday market area then those at Tundun wada responded. Even my uncles wife that has lived all her life in kd predicted that Muslims youth were going to start trouble that monday morning.

Stop trying to be clever by half. My response to you was not about where the trouble started from, it was about the activities you mentioned at Goningora.

The people at Goningora were equally as guilty as the people at Tudun Wada.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Mexyz(m): 10:23pm On Jan 01, 2015
Akainzo:

Stop trying to be clever by half. My response to you was not about where the trouble started from, it was about the activities you mentioned at Goningora.

The people at Goningora were equally as guilty as the people at Tudun Wada.
Oga stop quoting me if you have problem comprehending what I wrote up there.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by Akainzo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2015
Mexyz:
Oga stop quoting me if you have problem comprehending what I wrote up there.

Stop running from your shadows, if you can't comprehend what you wrote, you can clarify but otherwise don't start hiding. Own up.
Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by chuckdelis: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Wen pple weh dey kaduna dey talk sum pple we dey chad go dey draw conclusion. Sabon-tasha is a 1000%christian dominated area,muslims are even scared of d place so how come ar they d ones guarding,why wld a pastor b telling lies,on xmas day 4 dat mata

1 Like

Re: Muslims Did Not Protect Christians On Christmas Day - CAN by TheBitterTruth: 11:38pm On Jan 01, 2015
limamintruth:
Sure cheesy

All for your family members LIM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Mikel Obi A Member Of The Illuminati? You Must See This Pics / T.B Joshua's Prophecy About North And South Korea Reconciliation In 2014 (Video) / Is Wet Dream A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.