Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? (840 Views)

EFCC Act Makes It Compulsory To Expose The Owner Of The Ikoyi N15bn Flat / Before We Enter The Other Room - Abdulmumin Jibrin Shares Cute Pic With His Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode: "5 Plane Crashes In 1 Year In Nigeria Were For Sacrifices" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by daroz(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2015
Happy New year fellow nairalanders.

It has become a custom for almost everybody(including pagans self) to want to enter the new year in church, and I have always done this right from my childhood because I grew up in a Christian home.

However yesterday, Dec. 31, I couldn't drive to the church because of the inavalability of my car, and after considering the harzard/ stress/ danger of taking myself, my wife and one year old daughter to my long distance church through a public transport and bringing them back just after midnight, I decided to conduct my own Newyear entering service in my very bedroom with my little family and it was awesome. But I have been received at least 3calls from my close church members /family members sounding as if I have committed a big sin and abomination for not coming to church, that I ought to have entered the new year in the church against all odds. Hence I have been having guilty conscience since.
My questions are...
As a Christian, is compulsory to always enter the new year in church?
Is it a sin not to?
Is it biblical?

What is your opinion on this? You know we learn everyday, I am willing to.
Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by otokx(m): 8:30am On Jan 01, 2015
It is not biblical, it is not compulsory, it is not a sin. Nigerians have adopted this culture based on a low mentality which is a reflection of the societal rot powered by poverty using religion as a cover.

Every year is a year of something yet we still run our generators.

1 Like

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:01am On Jan 01, 2015
otokx:
It is not biblical, it is not compulsory, it is not a sin. Nigerians have adopted this culture based on a low mentality which is a reflection of the societal rot powered by poverty using religion as a cover.

Every year is a year of something yet we still run our generators.
m

What is d meaning of this response? What has running Gen got to do with his questions? I wonder why you haven't blamed it on Jonathan.
Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by daroz(m): 9:05am On Jan 01, 2015
Meanwhile smiley smiley smiley

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by otokx(m): 9:07am On Jan 01, 2015
alabiyemmy:
m

What is d meaning of this response? What has running Gen got to do with his questions? I wonder why you haven't blamed it on Jonathan.

Why is guilty conscience disturbing you. I only mentioned the word generator and see how you are responding like a demon that heard that wonderful name Jesus. Are you feeling the fiery hear on the inside? Deliverance is available to you.

1 Like

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by powerblaze(m): 9:38am On Jan 01, 2015
Africa is still a center of "village remote" whether you believe it or not..

The day I was at a joint a nd saw a guy drop dead 11:45pm on a 31st I no believe my eyes.. We rushed to get him to a hospital just opposite the joint.. Dead on arrival..

All of us take off enta church ..

When ur in a developed world, you need not bother. But here, people are diabolic as a way of life..

Nuff said

2 Likes

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by Leboska(m): 9:40am On Jan 01, 2015
My brother it doesn't matter. Funny enough God is not intrested in church goers but those who do his will as written in the bible. To be sincere for four years at a stretch i've not had it in the church infact 2012 to 2013 i celebrated it in park with friends & infact is one my best year all round. The fact is God is looking for those who will worship him in truth & in spirit.

N.b: some pastors will not like this.
Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by daroz(m): 9:44am On Jan 01, 2015
Leboska:
My brother it doesn't matter. Funny enough God is not intrested in church goers but those who do his will as written in the bible. To be sincere for four years at a stretch i've not had it in the church infact 2012 to 2013 i celebrated it in park with friends & infact is one my best year all round. The fact is God is looking for those who will worship him in truth & in spirit.
N.b: some pastors will not like this.
smiley wink wink
Some pastors won't like it based on seed sowing things, abi?

1 Like

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 01, 2015
I did mine at home watchin live performances from naija hip hop artist from lagos count down show on dstv. Abj is too dangerous for such gatherins, and I do not need anyone to tell me nonsense! My life is between me n my God. I will school anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by daroz(m): 9:57am On Jan 01, 2015
Jenams:
I did mine at home watchin live performances from naija hip hop artist from lagos count down show on dstv. Abj is too dangerous for such gatherins, and I do not need anyone to tell me nonsense! My life is between me n my God. I will school anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.
Re: It Compulsory To Always Enter The New Year In Church? by daroz(m): 11:26am On Jan 01, 2015
alabiyemmy:
m

otokx:

Why is guilty conscience disturbing you. I only mentioned the word generator and see how you are responding like a demon that heard that wonderful name Jesus. Are you feeling the fiery hear on the inside? Deliverance is available to you.
Make unable take am easy, no be quarrel

(1) (Reply)

Will Muhammadu Buhari Be Nigeria's Next President..aljazeera / INEC Bans Use Of Govt Cash, Resources For Campaigns / Opinion Poll Between Jonathan And Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.