Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex (2182 Views)

Bad Effects Of Gambling and why its a sin / Mohammed's Perfect Advise: Pre-marital Sex And Pregnancy / 5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex by makhez019(m): 9:40pm On Jan 01, 2015
Physical

* Change in appearance-  Have you ever noticed how people who have had sex outside of marriage begin to look different?  They begin to look old and worn.  Like a toy that has been used over and over again begins to lose its physical appeal, so does a person who continually has sex outside of marriage.  Many try to mask this “used up” look by adding more make-up or wearing more revealing clothes to take the attention off their face and put it on their body. Many girls who are sexually active and taking birth control gain up to 25 lbs.  This unnecessary weight gain can also alter your appearance. I personally recognized a change in my physical appearance after I lost my virginity.  I remember looking through my pictures one day and I came across a picture of myself during my senior year in high school (as a virgin), and a picture taken during my freshman year in college (after losing my virginity).  It may sound strange, but somehow I looked harder.  My face didn’t glow the way it did in my high school pictures and my countenance had changed.  It really hit me at that moment how much of myself I had lost.

* Teen Pregnancy- Premarital sex often leads to unplanned pregnancies.  Teenagers however have more odds stacked against them than older women do. Statistics suggest teens are two times more likely to die in childbirth or pregnancy than older women are.  They have difficult deliveries, scarring, stretchmarks, low birth weight babies, along with the standard sagging breast and tummy, weight gain, nausea, tears, and dark circles under their eyes.  Why would you want to deal with all of this unnecessary drama in the prime of your life? Could this be why God tells us to stay pure until we are married? He knows the impacts of sex on our body.  Romans 6:23 says, “for the wages of sin is death…” God is our Heavenly Father.  The same way your earthly father wants to protect you from harm, God desires so much more to protect you from the effects (or wages) of sin on your body and your soul. 

* Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s)-  The spread of diseases through sexual contact is not a pretty picture.  STD’s reveal themselves through burning, itching, oozing, and pus filled sores on your genitals.  Now that’s gross!  Even if you don’t visibly see a sore on your genitals it does not mean that you have not been infected.  Let’s see, you can either practice self-control and wait until you are married to have sex, or you can take your chances and hope you don’t catch anything that will require shots or taking medication several times a day.  Have you ever seen the commercials with attractive young people who are talking about having herpes?  They say things like, “I only have to take such and such medication five times a day and I feel great.” That’s ridiculous.  They are insulting our intelligence.   Some STD’s are incurable.  If you catch them you have them for life. That’s a lifetime prison sentence, in exchange for a moment of pleasure with someone you may not even like in three days.  I have a friend whose little sister contracted herpes the first time she had sex.  I’m no mathematician, but that just doesn’t seem to add up.

Spiritual

* Self-destructive behavior-   As a Christian, when you engage in premarital sex, you are consciously sinning against God.  This can lead to a perpetual cycle of self-destruction.  You develop low self-esteem, low self-worth, and diminished expectations of yourself.  In many cases, the devastation that comes from giving a holy thing (your body, the temple of the Holy Spirit) to an unholy cause, (physical gratification outside of marriage) will lead to feelings of emptiness, embarrassment, and confusion.  You begin to question everything about yourself and the world, as you know it. Like Adam and Eve you realize your unclothedness before God, and because you are not equipped to deal with it at such an early age, you sink into an abyss of self-loathing and destructive behavior.  Many students’ grades drop and they lose interest in things that they once enjoyed after having sex.  I remember feeling super insecure about almost everything after I had sex.  If I felt insecure about it before sex, it was only worsened afterward.  Here is a poem I wrote in college after breaking up with my boyfriend.  I had lost my true self while living a life of compromise and people pleasing.  I found myself in the midst of an Identity Crisis.

Identity Crisis?

Who am I?

Where do I fit in?

What are the defining lines of my existence?

My eyes tell the story of my own confusion.

Searching I find temporary shelter in my role as friend, sister, student.

Still my soul longs for more.

The wayside compliments of passerbyers, male-suitors, and insecure women leave me the more bewildered.

Exactly what do I call myself?

I seek a mirror that can reflect to me my true self.

My heart aches from isolation.

Do I base my esteem on my looks, achievements, or friends?

What happens when I’m alone-Am I then a failure?

Does anyone truly know me?

Can I say that I know myself?

I understand that I am fearfully and wonderfully made,

But I can’t seem to get past this empty feeling of nothingness.

* You develop “soul ties” - Your soul joins with the soul or souls of those you have had sex.  We will call these “soul ties,” because your soul is actually being tied or entangled together with the soul of the person you had sex.  Think of it this way, when you get on an airplane you are usually allowed a piece of carry on luggage to keep items you will need during the flight accessible.  Soul ties can be considered carry-on luggage.  It is unwanted, hindering, emotionally draining baggage that attaches itself to your soul everytime you sexually involve yourself with someone outside of marriage.  Not only are you carrying on the baggage of the person you have sex with, but every person they had sex with and so on and so on.  Now, that’s a lot of baggage.

Social

* You get involved with the wrong crowd.  1 Corinthians 15:33 says, “bad company corrupts good morals.” Don’t fool yourself into thinking that you can hang around sexually active people who drink and not be influenced by their actions.  When you begin making bad decisions, you often find yourself surrounded by others who are making the same bad decisions. Don’t fool yourself into believing that you can hang out with people that are living wild and unrestrained and not be affected. Galatians 6:7 says, “be not deceived God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth (plants), that shall he also reap(produce).”

*  Bad reputation- The word is out.  You have had sex.  You quickly get labeled “easy,” “loose,” or “a sure bet.”

*  Insecurity / Loss of trust- You become jealous and begin comparing your body to other girls’ bodies.  You are always worried some other girl will steal your boyfriend from you.  Life becomes very stressful. You don’t even trust yourself to do right and control your own body, how can you trust someone else?  After having sex I was a wreck.  Whenever I would go out with my boyfriend I would accuse him of starring at other girls.  Though at times he was looking, many times I was just overreacting out of insecurity. I felt so vuleranable that it caused me to mistrust everything he did.  If he had to study with a female student I had a fit.  The fact that I was acting so unstable was very frustrating because it was totally out of character for me.  I was usually the one who could care less if a guy didn’t want to be with me.  “Next!” I would think, his loss.  But suddenly, I became this heap of dramatic, irrational emotions doubting everything and everybody.  It was a mess!

* Object of Rumors/Gossip-  Many times pre-marital sex causes you to become the subject of rumors.  “Did you hear about so and so?”  “I heard they did this and that on the corner of here and there.”  Who needs that drama?  You certainly don’t.   The opening musical selection in the movie Grease has the characters Danny and Sandra Dee telling their friends about their summer romance.   Innocent, chaste, Sandra Dee tells the girls how romantic and gentlemanly Danny is, and how tender and innocent their summer was together.  Danny, on the other hand, after being pressured by his tough and rugged friends for all the “juicy” details exaggerates the story into something that really did not happen.  Here are a few lines from the song they sang to their friends (if you’re singing along don’t forget your 50’s twang):

Sandra: He got friendly holding my hand.

Danny: She got friendly down in the sand.

Danny: We made out under the dock

Sandra: We stayed up ‘til ten o’clock

Now that’s a major difference of interpretation.  Many young women have their reputations smeared because the guy they are dating or went on a date with is too embarrassed to admit that nothing happened.  The chorus of this song sung by Danny and Sandra Dee’s friends, which urges, “tell me more, tell me more,” is an example of how easy it is to start rumors by trying to appease our friends by telling them what they want to hear and not the truth.  Unfortunately, the twisting of facts has ruined many reputations.

Emotional

Broken hearts- Sex outside of marriage almost always ends with a broken heart. Once your heart has been broken your whole outlook on life and love are different.  The bible tells us to, “guard our hearts with all diligence for out of it flow the issues of life.” (Proverbs 4:23) When we fail to guard our hearts we open ourselves to be deeply wounded by those who are only interested in their own sexual pleasure.  Recovering from a broken heart is painful and can scar you for many years if not a lifetime. Focus on doing things that will encourage a healthy emotional life and not a broken, crushed spirit.  If you feel like you are getting too emotionally involved with a guy (which is easy to do), take a few steps back and really try to look at the relationship for what it is.  Are you romanticizing the relationship (making it more than it really is)? Are you thinking more highly of your boyfriend than you ought to? Does he feel the same way about you emotionally as you do towards him?  These are important questions to answer before you commit yourself emotionally in a relationship.  Guard your heart diligently, it’s the only one you’ve got.
Emotionally Unstable (a.k.a. Fatal Attraction)-  You develop irrational responses to ordinary situations.  Crying, fear, stress, depression, apathy, isolation, and hopelessness crowd your mind and cause your emotional growth to be stifled.  You have no clue what you want anymore.  One minute you are in love, the next minute you are disgusted by the very sound of his voice.  You do things you later regret and say things you wish you could take back. Look at these two poems I wrote at the end of a relationship (shortly after breaking up and once I realized we were not getting back together.) The drastic change in emotion is almost funny, but knowing the pain I felt, it is actually quite sad.
You

Mountain tops and valley lows bring images of you

Ringing through the countryside

It’s you, it’s you, it’s you

The love we shared then hid away

Resurfaces with joy

In riverbeds and ocean sides which flow forevermore

So, if you stop to take a drink

Do remember me

For until then my love for you flows helpless out at sea.

Now that’s just pitiful! Pitiful, sad, pitiful and sad!  I was gone, lost in space.  My image of this guy at that time in my life was obviously unbalanced. “Ringing through the countryside, It’s you, it’s you, it’s you!”  Please, somebody slap me.  If you think that was bad wait until you read this:

You No More

What should my priorities be?

Worrying about you?

Wondering why you do what you do when you did what you did to me?

Or

Should I simply, carefully, lovingly

Get my act together?

What should my goals be?

Chasing after you

Wasting time as you speed down someone else’s driveway leaving dust in my face.

Or

Should I?

Could I?

Will I?

Gracefully, elegantly, wholeheartedly

Give all my love

Which you threw away

To my Father who reigns on high

He unlike you

Loves me, cares for me, died for me

So, why am I chasing you?

Sounds a little bitter and unstable don’t you think? But I think the point is clear, premarital sex makes you crazy!

* Other relationships suffer- Your relationships with your girlfriends may suffer because you are so consumed with being around your boyfriend that you don’t spend anytime with them. Whenever my best friend would start dating a guy she would kick me to the curb until things settle down in the relationship.  Your relationship with God suffers because you hide yourself from him out of embarrassment in a time when you should be running to him for help. While, your parents are trying to figure out why you are acting so unlike yourself.  Be careful not to cut off everyone else in your life because if the relationship ends you will need their support.

Now that we have thoroughly discussed the main reasons why we compromise our purity.  Let’s begin to explore some of the major benefits of living holy before God and the awesome benefits of a pure lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2015
WAEC 2015 ENGLISH
TYPE A
Q. 1 - 5
SUMMARIZE THE COMPREHENSION ABOVE

1 Like

Re: The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
I seriously doubt you any body would read this post...oya @op tell us what you wrote... this time in English pls
Re: The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex by makhez019(m): 10:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
Bro, all ya nid is to take ya time to browse through. A rich article, and I wouldn't wanna distort it by removing any piece. "if ya wanna hide knowledge from a black man, put it in a book,buh in dis case in writing grin" let's not be lazy, we learn everyday. An interesting article.take ya time bro...
Re: The Effects Of Pre-marital Sex by DWJOBScom(m): 10:54pm On Jan 01, 2015
Great writeup

Pre-marital sex hasn't helped anyone , it has only fuelled false pride and temporary sense of belonging.

Sex is not an adventure.....

(1) (Reply)

SERMON JOTTERS: The Dress For God's Chosen One-nbc / Picture Proof How Religion Has Messed Up The Minds Of The Previously Sane / What is 'Evil' and Where Did It Come From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.