Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote (25657 Views)

Trump-things Will Be Very Different By January 20 After Latest UN Vote On Isreal / North Korea 'fires Missiles' Into Sea Hours After UN Vote / Wow!!! You Must See Netanyahu’s Gift To The Palestinians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Big4wig(m): 7:01am On Jan 02, 2015
undecided
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by omenka(m): 7:02am On Jan 02, 2015
We are sorry guys, but we had to do what's best for us at the moment.

It really hurts living under the hammer of a belligerent neighbor like Israel but we've got our own unique problems as well to which we've been seeking solutions. A vote for you guys wouldn't have helped our course honestly.

You just have to understand the expediency of the position we took. It is called "self preservation".

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by ZACHIE: 7:03am On Jan 02, 2015
Yhey should blame Kerry
He called up Jona and told him what to do and he did as told.
So, blame the person who told Jona what to do.

Jona no vex jorr

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Samueldo(m): 7:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Isreal will be A beter ally than the caword Hammas. No regrets

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by humnsikan: 7:04am On Jan 02, 2015
Nigeria is not an Islamic nation! What the heck are we doing in OIC? And why should we vote for Palestine when, truly speaking, we derive more from Israel than we do from them. These are some of the reasons I think Nigeria maintained neutrality:

(1) Bokoharam
(2) Not to be seen to encourage self-determination: their support for Palestine would have call to question why they did not allow Biafra to secede
(3) International Politics: Nigeria gains more from her relationship with Israel than she does from the Arab Nations.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by DesChyko: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2015
How does it affect me, a Christian and a Nigerian?
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by henryobinna(m): 7:08am On Jan 02, 2015
these people should go n die.

we don't want to associate with suicide bombers any more

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Galadimabawa: 7:09am On Jan 02, 2015
Then we have to be carefull, u know what there friends here in 9ja can do. Anyway I like What 9ja did.

2 Likes

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by mrking3(m): 7:10am On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari would readily vote in favour!!! One more reason he won't get my vote!! Lols!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2015
Even if Nigeria support their bid, USA still have the power to veto it, so why are they crying over milk that has not be spilled yet?

Are they not aware that Nigeria is just an ordinary member of the Security council?

My view of the issue of OIC, Jonathan should conduct a Nationwide referendum to know the thought of Nigerians as regard continuous membership of an organisation that sees Nigeria a single religious country; But if he does that now, they will label him anti- Muslims whereas it is the right thing to do.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Kingspin(m): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2015
Is palestine our country. Rubbish.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Pajames4all: 7:13am On Jan 02, 2015
they Are Very stupid
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by baybeeboi: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2015
Good Morniing Nigeriannnnsssss
with love from Yemen
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by robinsoncrosoe: 7:16am On Jan 02, 2015
UncleSnr:
Please, let the blasting end in the NEWSPAPER/ONLINE.. We don't need blasting offline.
omo ur post funny

2 Likes

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by dejavski(m): 7:17am On Jan 02, 2015
[b][/b]He called on the OIC to deal internally with what he termed the "unacceptable" contradiction of a member state abstaining from the vote while European states voted in favor of the resolution.

Pls can someone tell me the meaning of the above statement

If the above depicts what's actually in my mind does that mean we should be expecting action from within? This ppl should know that we didn't vote against them but refrained to our own best reason and should STFU with their senseless threats. As if we don't have our own already existing problem here. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by oknee: 7:18am On Jan 02, 2015
it us high time we left such organization behind. nigeria does nt gain anything being a menber biko. kudos to goodluck.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 02, 2015
Buhari for president.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Nobody: 7:19am On Jan 02, 2015
((The OIC Project) Buhari and the Islamisation Project for Nigeria
What follows below are excerpts from various weighty articles from academia. They are words not to be taken with any levity, I leave you to contribute and expand the knowledge bank, research further and make up your mind. Its chilling stuff, read on:

It is part of the history of Nigeria, that General Olusegun Obasanjo, as the successor of General Murtala had problems with pushing through, the Islamization Plan of Murtala. The believers in Murtala's Islamization Plan in the Supreme Military Council, Shehu Yar'Adua, Babangida and Buhari were not powerful enough to push the plan through. They had problems with the avid defenders of the secularism in the Supreme Military Council led by the Service Chiefs {General TY Danjunma (Army), Commodore Isa Doko (Airforce) and Rear Admiral Adelanwa (Navy)}. Tinkling with what the Constituent Assembly approved was what General Obasanjo's regime could do and it did precisely that

Prof. Omo Omoruyi

Research Fellow
African Studies Center
Boston University
Boston, MA, USA

http://www.nigerianpeoples.info/fw-enyimba-please-read-an-article-by-omo-omoruyi

Although Babangida took the rap for Nigeria's sneaky upgrade to full membership of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC), according to a study on Nigeria funded by the US Defense Department in the early 1990s, it was actually Buhari who without any regard whatsoever for the sensibilities of Nigerians of other faiths, submitted the application to upgrade Nigeria's membership from the observer status it had enjoyed since the Gowon regime to full membership. The OIC's review of the application was concluded after Babangida's palace coup. Rather than reverse Buhari's action, Babangida quietly allowed Nigeria's new status as a full-fledged member of the OIC to stand. Buhari's OIC action exposed him as a religious zealot, who will have no qualms in rousing and ginning up Sharia issues, quiescent for several years now, following its aggressive unveiling in Zamfara, where Buba Bello Jangebe's wrist was amputated for stealing a cow, and Safiya Husseini was sentenced to die by stoning for adultery while her co-participant in the act was not prosecuted because he was male.

-Matthew Uzukwu, Ph.D.

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2010/dec/171.html

The move by Nigeria to join the Organization of Islamic Conference (O.I.C), initiated by Buhari and amplified by Babangida,
also almost tore the nation apart. General Babangida, whose regime was welcomed because of his restoration of the freedom
of speech after the days of Buhari/Idiagbon, shocked many Nigerians with this development. It was ironic that many of the
key members of his government who were Christians claimed to be ignorant of such move

- Clarion University of Pennsylvania, Clarion, Pennsylvania

http://www.jsd-africa.com/Jsda/V12No5_Fall2010_A/PDF/Religious%20Politics%20and%20its%20Implications%20for%20Sustainable%20Development%20(Familusi).pdf

Very Interesting Titbits
But the period of General Babangida (1985-1993) represented the beginning of unmitigated Islamization of Nigeria. General Babangida was one of the loyal followers of General Murtala. This was why General Babangida took the fateful decision in 1986 to face the Nigerian Christians in particular and Nigerians in general with the plan of Muslims. He without the approval of the governing organs of the Federal Military Government organized a mission led by a non-member of the Government, the Sultan of Sokoto to formally admit Nigeria into the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC). When the Chief of General Staff, Commodore Ubitu Ukiwe complained that he knew nothing about it and definitely said that he could not remember the matter coming to the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC), he was shown his way out. The Christians took it. The Christian leaders bought the plan of the Military President to keep them talking under the auspices of a 20-man panel to 'examine the implications of the country's full membership of the organization'. This was a diversion and the Christians were victims. This was not all.

Prof. Omo Omoruyi

Research Fellow
African Studies Center
Boston University
Boston, MA, USA

http://www.nigerianpeoples.info/fw-enyimba-please-read-an-article-by-omo-omoruyi

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by coolzeal(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2015
Nigeria, a multi religious nation a member of an Islamic organization. What complaint will the Northerners exhibit if Nigeria decide to join a christian organization like the OIC? Its high time, we stop all this religion bigots and Islamic domination in our country. The money is coming from South anyway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23am On Jan 02, 2015
Citing Nigeria's membership of OIC is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by femi2u: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Let us be reasonable if a counry like UK can vote FOR of which muslims are minority why NIGERIA vote against.cos paletine has been passed oppression since 1948 when isreal was not on the world MAP

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by sammyj: 7:25am On Jan 02, 2015
I thought as much and why should we agree to vote at the OIC meeting if we do not attend the meeting in the first place. Some people will say GEJ is not clueless, God help us!!!
Gabbysky:
My Amiable and Adorable President GEJ... Please ooo Sir, don't be offended ooo
But What the heck are we doing in OIC please Sir?
Is someone planning to change my name from Gabbysky to Abdulsky?

Get us out of there Now and Fast Sir, as in, de-register us with them SHARPERLY!!!

Enough said.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Uncletony(m): 7:27am On Jan 02, 2015
It was d same buhari who took dis OIC, some 30 yrs ago! Say no to religious bigotry..say no to buhari!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by mencade4: 7:27am On Jan 02, 2015
hope boko haram muslims will not vex and bomb people today because of this ooo.

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by InvertedHammer: 7:29am On Jan 02, 2015
/
International politics is not about right or wrong but national interests.

It is in Nigeria's diplomatic interest to abstain from voting.

Sorry Palestine.
\

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 02, 2015
It does nt even matter, Allah will grant victory to palestinians even if THEY hate it.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by brainpower(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
I agree with the poster who said the topic should be changed to "OIC blasts Nigeria". What has been the stance of the almighty OIC about boko haram and what have they done to help? Israel has done something to help and yet we tried to remain neutral.
The only reason we are still a member in that organization is just to avoid religious violence if not it doesn't have any use to us. They are now calling him a "Christain president". We know their plan, Nigeria isn't one, as long as we remian in this alliance as a country, though we may not break up but we will continue to have religious violence. The only reason there hasn't been massive killing yet is cos Southerners are becoming wiser and ready to retaliate both in the north and in the south. But even though APC wins the election, there will still be killing of southerners over there and that will show us that they just enjoy killing not cos of politics. But I won't comment until FG issues a reply to this insult.

2 Likes

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Dbboy(m): 7:41am On Jan 02, 2015
[quote author=basisop post=29406969][/quote]

They are all stupid what obligation do we have to them we voted based on our self interest and Palestinian have nothing and absolutely nothing to offer us.
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by Khd95(m): 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
I nevr liked dat isreal.........despite d palestinian been d rightful owner of d westbank,isreal continue 2 occupy dat region.Bombing gaza-stripe as if its sambisa while der mumu ally(US) refused 2 tag war crime on em,bt nevr fails 2 shout blue_murder or human right abuse in africa nd other nations dat ill nt s'pport em.......meanwhile d frend of my enemy z my enemy,US Z my enemy nd isreal is der frend so isreal is m0i enemy[size=8pt][/size] grin

I tink nigeria sud opt out 4rm dat organisation fastly........ehm palestin no vex e dy happen like dat shey u no
Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by sanerugwei: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Has any proper census been carried out in this country to determine the true percentage of Christian to mohammedans ratio? How many stats are truly predominantly modem states. Not even kano or sokoto has 90% moslems. So how did they arrive at the even distribution. Just like the issue of the population of the North against South all are overrated by the northern elite to give them bargaining and bragging rights.
In a fair statistical analysis Christian/moslem ratio should be around 60/40.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by rigarmortis: 7:44am On Jan 02, 2015
omenka:
We are sorry guys, but we had to do what's best for us at the moment.

It really hurts living under the hammer of a belligerent neighbor like Israel but we've got our own unique problems as well to which we've been seeking solutions. A vote for you guys wouldn't have helped our course honestly.

You just have to understand the expediency of the position we took. It is called "self preservation".

Upon my word!

Contrary to popular opinion omenka has sense and can make rational posts.

Big ups brother, this is a sign that 2015 will be great.

I just wish you will bring out more of this current form........

In fact, I pray.....

Once again big ups, perfect post, perfect grasp and understanding of the situation without the usual aportioned blame to the usual suspect

1 Like

Re: Palestinians Blast Nigeria For Abstention In UN Vote by drnoel: 7:45am On Jan 02, 2015
Mortiple:
They failed to realize that we joined that organization in error. Nigeria is a multi-religious State.

So what are they going to do next? Expel us?

Pls they should expel nigeria fast fast from that their rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uganda To Issue Birth Certificates To Cows / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power / Liverpool Stripped Of UNESCO World Heritage Status

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.