Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? (1322 Views)

A Prophecy About Fornication, Wine Drinking, Musical Instrument - Hadith / Mentally Challenged Man Recites Hadith, Quotes Quran (video) / An Hadith on Helping Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 8:25am On Jan 02, 2015
Some hadiths from muslim, bukhari and others are just very unreasonable and contradicting. . . . Join Hadith Vs Quran Cleric group on fb for more
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by onetrack(m): 9:42am On Jan 02, 2015
Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do."
--Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Book 72, Hadith 786

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbas, who attributed it to the Prophet, said "Some people will dye their hair black like the breasts of pigeons at the end of time, but they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise." --Sunan an Nasa'i Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5078 Grade: Sahih

So why don't Muslims dye their hair? It seems like they are required to in order to be unlike Christians and Jews. But you can't use black, so use some other color, like pink or blue.

1 Like

Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by Elkewwty(f): 3:22pm On Jan 02, 2015
onetrack:
Narrated Abu Huraira: "The Prophet said, "Jews and Christians do not dye their hair so you should do the opposite of what they do."
--Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 7, Book 72, Hadith 786

It was narrated that Ibn 'Abbas, who attributed it to the Prophet, said "Some people will dye their hair black like the breasts of pigeons at the end of time, but they will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise." --Sunan an Nasa'i Vol. 6, Book 48, Hadith 5078 Grade: Sahih

So why don't Muslims dye their hair? It seems like they are required to in order to be unlike Christians and Jews. But you can't use black, so use some other color, like pink or blue.

grin grin
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by Empiree: 6:14am On Jan 03, 2015
ShaheedBinAliyu:
Some hadiths from muslim, bukhari and others are just very unreasonable and contradicting. . . . Join Hadith Vs Quran Cleric group on fb for more
No, you can not let go Hadith. They are part of islam and play very critical important role in the deen.

What you need to learn is proper methodology. There are authentic ahadith, many of them that are in harmony with Quran.

Mutawatir

Sahih

Daef (weak)

Fabricated

Although just because some ahadith are in sahih does not make them authentic. Sometimes, there are ahadith within hadith that are fabricated. Sometimes, a whole hadith is fabricated, yet considered "sound hadith" etc...You may need to study "science of hadith" to begin with. Science of hadith sometimes is not always right but it plays its important role as well.

If hadith is classified daef does not mean it has to be thrown out. Rather it stays at the bottom. It's still useful.

Proper methodology in any matters or affairs, Quran takes precedence over hadith and anything else. You exploit Quran first as much as you can. Then look into hadith that is in harmony with the subject of the Quran to form harmonious whole. Such ahadith are placed on top

If along the line you come across hadith that neither negates nor conforms with Quran (daef), they are placed at the lowest level. Mistakes muslims (some) make today is they revere hadith so much that they have placed hadith over quran in terms of hudood and more.

Hadith should not be used to divide muslims. Quran is universal and it comes first. But to get rid of hadith?, answer is no.

7 Likes

Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2015
Peace!

We don't necessarily need to toss all the hadith copies into the bin. But we need to stop revering hadith as divine revelations binding upon or recommendable for Muslims. Of course, Hadith may contain hints or tips about Islam here and there, but overall, it is self contradictory, conjecture and baseless from the Quranic point.

What if we follow Hadith but reject those that contradict Qur'an?

"Don't reject Hadith but follow those Hadith that do not contradict the Qur'an" is the resolution of those who opt for a middle path between Qur'an and Hadith because they find other alternatives too extreme. For two reasons, that is a faulty resolution:

A. By prescribing or prohibiting what the Qur'an is silent upon, some Hadith do not contradict the Qur'an. Do we simply assume they are authentic just because they don't contradict any verse of Qur'an. Example;

Jami a' Tirmidhi
Book of Salat

Abu Dharr said that : Allah's Messenger said: "When a man performs Salat, and there is nothing in front of him like the post of a saddle, or a camel saddle, then his Salat is severed by (passing of) a black dog, a woman, and a donkey." It was said to Abu Dharr: "What is the problem with the black dog rather than the red or white one?" He said: "O my nephew! I asked Allah's Messenger just as you have asked me. He said: 'The black dog is a Shaitan (devil).'"
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 11:25am On Jan 10, 2015
B. Looks may be decieving. That hadith that appear faithful to the Qur'an may contradict several verses of the Qur'an on closer scrutiny. E.g;

Sunan Ibn Majah
Book of Marriage

It was narrated that from Musawir Al Himyari from his mother that: she heard Umm Salamah say:

“I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'Any woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.' ”

As long as orthodox exegesis of Qur'an 4:34 is concerned, the above Hadith seem to be harmonious with Qur'an. However, a deeper look reveals that it contradict several verses that repeat paradise is meant for the righteous, those who are observant of salat, zakat and those whom God is pleased with. Not necessarily those who another mortal is pleased with.

Ironically, these same Hadith books report that any good deed with the intent of pleasing other than God is not rewarded. Remember these are 'authentic or mass transmitted' hadith often touted as sound. So what is the essence of proper methodology that hadith defenders keep hyping.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 11:27am On Jan 10, 2015
One important question the scholars of tradition cannot answer is;
If hadith were so important, why wasn't it documented in direct speech like the Quran during the Messenger 's days?
How on earth do you emphasize Hadith when the deliverer of the Qur'an and his companions reigned for over 35 years during which they compiled Qur'an and never bothered documenting the Hadith.

Like they say, the rabbit hole goes very deep.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
usermane:
Looks may be decieving. That hadith that appear faithful to the Qur'an may contradict several verses of the Qur'an on closer scrutiny. E.g;
As long as orthodox exegesis of Qur'an 4:34 is concerned, the above Hadith seem to be harmonious with Qur'an. However, a deeper look reveals that it contradict several verses that repeat paradise is meant for the righteous, those who are observant of salat, zakat and those whom God is pleased with.

Not necessarily those who another mortal is pleased with.
@Underlined, deeper what? That's a shallow and an insincere look a jaundiced one, I don't really have time to waste with you but let me clarify few things to you.

Tell us usermane, from the Qu'ran how to pay Zakat?

Furthermore, does the hadith says 'Anyone whose husband is pleased with ONLY'?
Where's the contraction? The hadith didn't say 'if a husband is pleased with her wife is that only ticket to paradise'.

Please, use your brain.Hatred do blind one's reasoning faculty many a times.

A woman whom her husband is pleased with would have been obeying the injunctions of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) by following what Allah commanded to do in regards to her husband and other Allah's injunctions, if she keeps to these and her husband is pleased with her then Alhamudulilah for her, if her husband isn't pleased her for obeying Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) injunctions, that's the husband's problem and it doesn't contradict her ticket to paradise.

Asiya(Peace be upon her), the wife of Firaun is among the best women of all time.Firaun being pleased with her or not doesn't in any manner makes her not among the dweller of paradise.

A Husband being pleased with her wife isn't a ticket to paradise, but a SUPEROGATORY ACT which would add to her honour on the day of Judgement
Do you understand?

Let's do some simple analogies using your logic.

The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said:Whoever takes care of two girls until they reach adulthood - he and I will come (together) on the Day of Resurrection - and he
interlaced his fingers (meaning in Paradise)(Reported by Muslim)
In another narration.

The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said:Whoever has three daughters whom he provides shelter for, supports and marries off, Paradise becomes absolutely binding for him." It was said,'What if they are two (daughters)?' The Prophet said, "Even if it's two." (Ahmad, Bukhari)

In another narration,
The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said: Whoever has three daughters or sisters, or twodaughters of two sisters, and lives along with themin a good manner, and has patience with them, and fears Allah with regard to them will enter Paradise.” (Reported by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhee and others)

So according to the warped logic and interpretation of 'Sheik Usermane', if I can raise two or three girls till they reach adulthood taking good care of them, I will enter paradise even if I gave up my salat, my sawm(fast), my sadaqah(charity) and I just focus on raising up girls.

Raising up daughters doesn't guarantee automatic ticket to paradise, it's a SUPEROGATORY ACT which would add to one's account on the day of Judgement.

Another example
The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said:A house will be built in Heaven for one who prays 12 Rak'aat in a day and evening[At-Tirmidhi Hadith 380]
So according to the warped logic of our 'Sheik', one can offer nawafil ONLY without fard and enter paradise.

It's not like that, one must engage in fard first before nawafil.One cannot give up what is Fard(compulsory) for what is Nawafil(optional).Thousand of nawafil without fard is ZERO.

usermane:
Ironically, these same Hadith books report that any good deed with the intent of pleasing other than God is not rewarded. Remember these are 'authentic or mass transmitted' hadith often touted as sound. So what is the essence of proper methodology that hadith defenders keep hyping.
I ask you like AlBaqir asked you, Afala Taqilun? You try as much as possible to portray yourself as a knowledgeable person, but you still sounds like one confused person(No offense).
See the hadith you quoted.

Sunan Ibn Majah
Book of Marriage
It was narrated that from Musawir Al
Himyari from his mother that: she heard
Umm Salamah say:“I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'Any woman who dies when her husband is pleased with her, will enter Paradise.'
The intention of the wife is to pleased Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) by obeying Allah's commands in relation to her husband.Her goal is for Allah to be pleased with her, if in the course of doing that, her husband is being pleased with her, it would only add her honour in the sight of Allah.Her husband not being pleased with her doesn't reduce her chances of entering paradise.
I have explained that.

Let me give you last example out of many examples.

The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said:Allah has ninety-nine names, one hundred less one. Anyone who learns them will enter Jannah. According to another narration: Anyone who memorizes them will enter Jannah. (Agreed upon by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

So according to your interpretation and warped logic, one who had memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) can give up salat, Zakat and the other Fard(compulsory) because he/she has memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) and the hadith says anyone who does so will enter paradise.Huh?

Does the hadith says anyone who memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) ONLY will enter paradise?

The explanation is that someone who has memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) would be a person that is following what Allah commanded him and because of his love for Allah, he increased his honour with HIM by memorizing Allah's beautiful names.

Again, giving up fard for nawafil is zero.
Last advice, as brother Sino said usermane 'Go back to Madrasah'

2 Likes

Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
lanrexlan:
A woman whom her husband is pleased with would have been obeying the injunctions of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) by following what Allah commanded to do in regards to her husband and other Allah's injunctions, if she keeps to these and her husband is pleased with her then Alhamudulilah for her, if her husband isn't pleased her for obeying Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) injunctions, that's the husband's problem and it doesn't contradict her ticket to paradise.

Really? So once one is pleased with his wife, it is an indication that his wife is or has been faithful to Islam?

When i examine your analogies, i find it highly selective and not convincing when other hadith are taken into consideration. For instance, one of your tradition rules that any Salat without Al Fatiha is null. Going by your analogies, we can conclude that ommiting Al Fatiha may not necessarily nullify one 's salat, unless other steps are ommited as well!

The problem with your post is that it tries too hard in vilifying me and defending hadith simulatenously that it end up defeating its own aim.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 9:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
usermane:

Really? So once one is pleased with his wife, it is an indication that his wife is or has been faithful to Islam?
Only a bad husband will be pleased with his wife's bad behaviors or negligence of Islamic injunctions.
The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) said:This world is temporary joys, and the best temporary joy of this world is a righteous wife.[Narrated by Muslim, 1467]
Won't you be pleased with a righteous wife? If you aren't pleased with a righteous wife, then check yourself.

usermane:
When i examine your analogies, i find it highly selective and not convincing when other hadith are taken into consideration.

I started my analogies using your logic in which you want us to believe.
You said

usermane:
However, a deeper look reveals that it contradict several verses that repeat paradise is meant for the righteous, those who are observant of salat, zakat and those whom God is pleased with. Not necessarily those who another mortal is pleased with.
You are insinuating that the hadith says the ticket to paradise is when a mortal is being pleased with his/her fellow mortal and not for those who observe salat, give Zakat and are righteous thus the hadith contradicting the Qu'ran.

I went on to prove to you that your logic is wrong using different analogies.
I said if I memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala), will I leave the fard enjoined on me by Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) and his Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) because the hadith says 'Anyone who memorized the names will enter paradise'? Does the hadith says memorization of Allah's name ONLY is the ticket to paradise? Is that the only deed I will do? NO!
Similarly, the hadith you quoted doesn't in any manner says that a man pleased with his wife is the only thing a woman must do to enter paradise.

I told you that those are SUPEROGATORY ACTS and you don't leave fard for nawafil.

usermane:
For instance, one of your tradition rules that any Salat without Al Fatiha is null. Going by your analogies, we can conclude that ommiting Al Fatiha may not necessarily nullify one 's salat, unless other steps are ommited as well!
My analogies don't correspond with your opinion.
My stance is that:'You don't leave fard for nawafil, thousand of nawafil without fard is zero.Because hadiths say some SUPEROGATORY ACTS will take you Jannah doesn't mean you will do them only without the compulsory ones.If you don't do the SUPEROGATORY ACTS, that don't mean you want Jannah, doing them add to your honour with Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala).'

Is it hard to comprehend?

Surah Al-Fatiha is compulsory, other parts of salat are compulsory as well.If you omit one, your salat is void, they are all fards

So how does my analogies tally what you put forward?

usermane:
The problem with your post is that it tries too hard in vilifying me and defending hadith simulatenously that it end up defeating its own aim.
There's nothing villifiable about you, I am just stating the obvious and advising you to go back to Madrasah.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by Empiree: 12:42am On Jan 13, 2015
My stance is that:'You don't leave fard for nawafil, thousand of nawafil without fard is zero.Because hadiths say some SUPEROGATORY ACTS will take you Jannah doesn't mean you will do them only without the compulsory ones.

Why is this so difficult for our "Alhaji-Mufti-Maulana-Dr.-Sheikh Usermane" to comprehend this simply arithmetic?.

This reminds me of a guy who posed similar question to Sheik Ahmed Alaye in this video....this should enlighten our "sheik usermane" if he understands Yoruba. To save you time, watch the question and answer at 1:6:46 (i:e 1 hour, 6 mins 46 seconds).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJsVTYnhn_Q
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
lanrexlan:
Only a bad husband will be pleased with his wife's bad behaviors or negligence of Islamic injunctions. Won't you be pleased with a righteous wife? If you aren't pleased with a righteous wife, then check yourself.

Well, a man may have a warped sense of righteousness, seeing his wife as righteous and be pleased with her. It does happen. You give the impression that the husband of a righteous woman will definitely be pleased with her and also, the wife whose husband is pleased with is definitely righteous. This is the message from the hadith i cited originally and my reason for tagging it contradictory to the Qur'an is that it presents the pleasure of a man by his wife as a function of her piety which will undoubtly grant her eternal life.

You are insinuating that the hadith says the ticket to paradise is when a mortal is being pleased with his/her fellow mortal and [s]not for those who observe salat, give Zakat and are righteous thus the hadith contradicting the Qu'ran.[/s]

No, i did not imply that. I implied that the only one whose pleasure with us will certainly guarantee us paradise is God not spouse. The Hadith contradict this Qur'anic fact because the fact that a man is pleased with his wife doesn't necessarily imply that God is pleased with her and so paradise is hers.

I went on to prove to you that your logic is wrong using different analogies. I said if I memorized the names of Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala), will I leave the fard enjoined on me by Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) and his Prophet(Peace be upon him and his household) because the hadith says 'Anyone who memorized the names will enter paradise'? Does the hadith says memorization of Allah's name ONLY is the ticket to paradise? Is that the only deed I will do? NO! Similarly, the hadith you quoted doesn't in any manner says that a man pleased with his wife is the only thing a woman must do to enter paradise.

In essence, you are basically saying;
Not any woman whose husband is pleased with her upon her death will enter paradise."

But your tradition says;

"Any woman whose husband is pleased with her upon her death will enter paradise".

Your interpretation of this tradition seem to be contradicting the Hadith itself. If you try to interpret the Hadith that guarantee paradise for those whose last words before death is shahadah the same way, you will be at odds with your own Mujtahid and Madrasas.

So far, your best interpretation for the Hadith is that; "Any woman whose husband is pleased with her upon her death must have fulfilled all her Islamic obligation and so will enter paradise."

That is the same way you interpret the Hadith granting paradise for those whose dying word is the shahadah. But even this interpretation contradict Qur'an and i have explained that already.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
usermane:

Well, a man may have a warped sense of righteousness, seeing his wife as righteous and be pleased with her. It does happen. You give the impression that the husband of a righteous woman will definitely be pleased with her and also, the wife whose husband is pleased with is definitely righteous.
@Underlined, nowhere did I give such impression.It's like you are finding it very difficult to comprehend simple thing.

I said
lanrexlan:
If she keeps to these and her husband is pleased with her then Alhamudulilah for her, if her husband isn't pleased her for obeying Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) injunctions, that's the husband's problem and it doesn't contradict her ticket to paradise.

Asiya(Peace be upon her), the wife of Firaun is
among the best women of all time.Firaun being
pleased with her or not doesn't in any manner
makes her not among the dweller of paradise.
Usermane, is it difficult to understand or is your creed pushing you not to accept simple thing or you are trying to play hide and seek game?

usermane:
This is the message from the hadith i cited originally and my reason for tagging it contradictory to the Qur'an is that it presents the pleasure of a man by his wife as a function of her piety which will undoubtly grant her eternal life.
Well, there's little I can do with your comprehension level since you aren't a machine that needs a manual servicing.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 10:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
lanrexlan:

@Underlined, nowhere did I give such impression.It's like you are finding it very difficult to comprehend simple thing.

I said

Usermane, is it difficult to understand or is your creed pushing you not to accept simple thing or you are trying to play hide and seek game?

Well, there's little I can do with your comprehension level since you aren't a machine that needs a manual servicing.

Am interested in your response to the rest of my last post.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by RAO1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
NO!prophet Muhammad recommended Qur'an and haadith ,,,during his last hajj
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 11:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
usermane:
No, i did not imply that. I implied that the only one whose pleasure with us will certainly guarantee us paradise is God not spouse. The Hadith contradict this Qur'anic fact because the fact that a man is pleased with his wife doesn't necessarily imply that God is pleased with her and so paradise is hers.
You did imply that.

Read
usermane:
However, a deeper look reveals that it contradict several verses that repeat paradise is meant for the righteous, those who are observant of salat, zakat and those whom God is pleased with.
Not necessarily those who another mortal is pleased with.

The intention of the wife is to pleased Allah
(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) by obeying Allah's
commands in relation to her husband and other commandments of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala).Her sole goal is for Allah to be pleased with her, if in the course of doing that, her husband may be pleased with her if the husband is an upright thinking man and righteous and on the other hand, he may not be pleased with her if he's not thinking in the right direction.
A bad man may find solace and being pleased with the bad attitudes of his wife, that doesn't signify Allah is pleased with her.

A good husband being pleased with his righteous wife will only add to the wife's honour in the sight of Allah.Her husband not being pleased with her doesn't reduce her chances of entering paradise.

I hate repeating myself bros.

usermane:
In essence, you are basically saying;
Not any woman whose husband is pleased with her upon her death will enter paradise."
But your tradition says;
"Any woman whose husband is pleased with
her upon her death will enter paradise".
Any woman? Even if she's a bad woman and her husband is pleased with her? Stop interpreting to suit your crooked beliefs and hatred for Ahadith.

I have gave you examples.
1)''Anybody that offers 12 rakats of nawafil will enter paradise''.Does that means nawafil only without fard?

2)''Anyone that memorizes the names of Allah will enter paradise''.Even if an arab pagan memorized them? Will he enter paradise?

There are certain criterias you must have fulfilled before the reward of the Ahadith above and the hadith in question can comes in.

I'm sick of this reasoning of yours.Ahadith are interpreted in line with Qu'ran and other Ahadith.

usermane:
Your interpretation of this tradition seem to be
contradicting the Hadith itself. If you try to
interpret the Hadith that guarantee paradise for those whose last words before death is
shahadah the same way, you will be at odds
with your own Mujtahid and Madrasas.
So far, your best interpretation for the Hadith is
that; "Any woman whose husband is pleased
with her upon her death must have fulfilled all her Islamic obligation and so will enter
paradise."
A righteous woman must have fulfilled her obligations.Even if her husband isn't pleased with her upon death, that doesn't mean she won't enter paradise.
My words again

A Husband being pleased with her wife isn't a ticket to paradise, but a SUPEROGATORY ACT which would add to her honour on the day of Judgement

usermane:
That is the same way you interpret the Hadith
granting paradise for those whose dying word
is the shahadah. But even this interpretation
contradict Qur'an and i have explained that already.
Me? Hadith of Shahadah? Are you hallucinating? Hatred surely blinds one's reasoning, your hatred for Ahadith has made you lose concentration and your thinking faculty.
Nowhere did I bring Hadith of Shahadah, you are the only one seeing that in your mind.

1 Like

Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Uuhm, just not to further provoke you, i have a few words for you:

We both disagree with on the interpretation of this Hadith. You believe that i fail to consider other Hadith in my interpretation of the Hadith and i believe your interpretation contradict the Hadith literally. So here is a similar Hadith:

Riyad As Salihin

Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He whose last words are: `La ilaha illallah' (There is no true god except Allah) will enter Jannah.'' [Abu Dawud].

Why don't you interpret the other Hadith as the scholars interpret this one?
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 7:45am On Jan 15, 2015
usermane:
Uuhm, just not to further provoke you, i have a few words for you:
@Underlined, you also know you are provoking me.

usermane:
We both disagree with on the interpretation of this Hadith. You believe that i fail to consider other Hadith in my interpretation of the Hadith and i believe your interpretation contradict the Hadith literally.
If we are to take the literal meaning of the hadith without considering it in the light of other Ahadith and the Qu'ran , it will contradict common sense.
I gave you other examples.
1)''Anyone that memorizes the names of Allah
will enter paradise''- Hadith.
I ask you usermane, if we take the literal meaning of this hadith too, does it means that even if an arab pagan memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala)? Will he enter paradise?
You failed to reply me.

usermane:
So here is a similar Hadith:
Why don't you interpret the other Hadith as the scholars interpret this one?
So, does this mean that as a muslim, one won't work righteousness all his life and will wait till his death bed in order to utter 'La Ilaha Illa Allah'? ?

Let me give an example from the Qu'ran.Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) says in Surah Yunus 10:90-92 --And We took the Children of Israel across the sea, and Fir'aun (Pharaoh) with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him, he said: "I believe that none has the right to be worshipped but He (Allah)," in Whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allâh's Will)."
Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the Mufsidûn (evil- doers, corrupters).
So this day We shall deliver your (dead) body (out from the sea) that you may be a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs , revelations, etc.).

Look! Even Firaun's last words was 'There's no deity worthy of worship except the Ilah of the children of Israel(Allah)'!!
So does this mean Firaun will enter paradise?

The Qu'ran replies in Surah Ghafir 40:46 --The Fire; they are exposed to it, morning and afternoon, and on the Day when the Hour will be established (it will be said to the angels): "Cause Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people to enter the severest torment!

But usermane, literally the hadith says 'ANYONE who pronounces La Ilah Illa Allah' and Firaun did, why won't he enter paradise?
Firaun did so to save himself, he said it hypocritically and even because of this hypocritical saying of his, Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) didn't make the body of Firaun to decay and his body serves as a sign to mankind.

This shows the power of that statement.

So does this means that even if a kaffir says such, will he/she enters paradise? That knowledge is with my Lord(Allah) He's the knower of what is in the breast of men, if the person utter it sincerely from the bottom of his/her heart Allah willing, he/she will enter paradise.However, it is not definite whether such a person will go to paradise in the first phase or will be admitted to it in the second phase after undergoing a purification process.This depends on the Will of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala), to Him belongs the Judgement Day.

As for a muslim, you won't leave the obligatory duties in which Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) has enjoined on you and wait until your deathbed in order to utter the statement, it doesn't work that way.
Yet, admission to paradise is subjected to a person's thorough understanding of monotheism and its conditions, that is to say, a complete abstinence from a polytheistic conduct of life.

Muslims are encouraged to utter this statement on their deathbed because Shaitan may whisper words of shirk to one on his/her deathbed.A muslim that dies in his sleep or one that dies in a motor accident without having the chance to utter this word, does it means he/she will enter hell and not paradise? NO!

Let's hope you've understood it thoroughly

1 Like

Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by usermane(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
lanrexlan: @Underlined, you also know you are provoking me.

You provoked me too, so many times in this section, i have been provoked for expressing an opinion or criticism. I am also not happy about it.

If we are to take the literal meaning of the hadith without considering it in the light of other Ahadith and the Qu'ran , it will contradict common sense. I gave you other examples.

1)''Anyone that memorizes the names of Allah will enter paradise''- Hadith.

I ask you usermane, if we take the literal meaning of this hadith too, does it means that even if an arab pagan memorized the names of Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala)? Will he enter paradise? You failed to reply me.

For the last time, i never meant to imply that this Hadith grant women the liberty to disregard other commandments of God while merely pleasing their husband to enter paradise. I am implying that this Hadith ruling that the pleasure of a husband with his wife certify her attainment of eternal life contradict the basic Qur'anic fact that ONLY the pleasure of God with a man can certify attainment of eternal life. That been said, there is no need to address your analogy because they are based on your wrong understanding of my position on that Hadith.

So, does this mean that as a muslim, one won't work righteousness all his life and will wait till his death bed in order to utter 'La Ilaha Illa Allah'? ?

You have neglected the ulemas interpretation of the Hadith. According to them, anyone who is not a righteous believer will be incapable of uttering the Shahada on his death bed and therefore, anyone who utters it is definitely righteous and granted paradise. They even go far to narrate that Muhammad 's paternal uncle died a polytheist because he couldn't utter the word despite all Muhammad 's pressure. In fact, they even have a tradition that a righteous man couldn't utter the shahada on his death bed because he was on bad terms with his mother, only upon her forgiveness did he utter it to evade hell!

The two hadith are analogous and their interpretation has to be analogous. So we better interpret the Hadith by as thus;

"Any woman whose husband is pleased with upon her death must have lived a righteous life and is assured paradise."

For all i care, unlike your interpretation, this interpretation doesn't literally contradict the hadith and it doesn't contradict other hadith. Still, as i have explained earlier, it contradict Qur'an.
Re: Should Hadith Be Erased Off Islam? by lanrexlan(m): 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2015
^^ Dear usermane, I am very sorry if I have ever provoked you.Accept my humble apology.
Sorry, I don't have time going round circles.I think you keep to your perspective.
Salam

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

British Shi'ism Exposed | The Shirazis, "Imam" Tawhidi, Yassir Habib, Allayari / Why Do Muslims Eat Fish Since They Don’t Eat Any Meat That Wasn’t Slaughtered / Ashura: The Day Sky Rained Blood!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.