Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning (744 Views)

The New Mercedes GLB Will Be The Baby G-wagon / Would You Buy This 1982 Peugeot 504 Station Wagon For ₦6million? / Range Rover Sports Vs Mercedes G Wagon, Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by business05(m): 12:34am On Jan 03, 2015
Help. my Benz E220 wagon of 1997 automatic transmission have bn lying one place since 3 months ago.
The Key is not turning anymore. Some people said i have to change the key and the brain box, other conflicting info said i can change only the key. I am confused...
My problem is i want to know if its possible to change they key alone and they car will work again.
secondly if you have had similar issue before please share with me and guide as par the price and the best hands to patronise for changing the key successfully.
Thirdly if my old key can still be re programmed and be made to walk with the car. That would be fantastic.
Thank you all
Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 03, 2015
You need to be more explanatory.
1. Where are you located
2. Do you have a spare key
3. Why leave it for 3 months
4. Was the key turning before
5. Did water enter the ECU or was the car not running smoothly.
6. I believe a benz with ECU problems would even let the key turn at least to the ON position.

Here is my story,
Exactly two weeks ago I was in takwa bay I was wearing a cargo short with my car keys and mini wifi router were in the lower short pocket, long story short I was dragged into the salt water almost waist deep. On getting out I remembered the key and modem were soaked the modem didn't make it, the key was dried in the sun. On getting to the car the car wouldnt recognize the key no sucking sound and steering was frozen stiff.

Called my mechanic he thought me how to dismantle the key found out the chips were already turning blue cos of the salt water so I got a toothbrush and perfume from my car and cleaned the chip and assembled the key back and voila I heard the sucking sound and steering unlocked car started no problem ever since.

So if you dropped the key or something happened 3 months ago, in shocked you left it for so long.

If you have the sucking key then you should have it checked.
Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2015
business05:
Help. my Benz E220 wagon of 1997 automatic transmission have bn lying one place since 3 months ago.
The Key is not turning anymore. Some people said i have to change the key and the brain box, other conflicting info said i can change only the key. I am confused...
My problem is i want to know if its possible to change they key alone and they car will work again.
secondly if you have had similar issue before please share with me and guide as par the price and the best hands to patronise for changing the key successfully.
Thirdly if my old key can still be re programmed and be made to walk with the car. That would be fantastic.
Thank you all

you cant change the key only it has to be with ECU, the key is coded to the ECU

most of the time there is no need to program a key from from another car the reason being you will still have to change the ignition barrel and door mechanism so it always better to get a blank key that will programmed and cut

1 Like

Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 03, 2015
The Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS) is faulty.
Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by baconline(m): 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2015
either your key has expired or d EIS is faulty,if its d first u can have another key programmed to d car using just d EIS,if its EIS that is bad u could have d data recovered on another one and off u go or u change d ECU,EIS,ESM(HAMMER) and key,for your car its about 25k in lagos or so
Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by business05(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2015
[quote author=cne010 post=29438086]You need to be more explanatory.
1. Where are you located
2. Do you have a spare key
3. Why leave it for 3 months
4. Was the key turning before
5. Did water enter the ECU or was the car not running smoothly.
6. I believe a benz with ECU problems would even let the key turn at least to the ON position.

Here is my story,
Exactly two weeks ago I was in takwa bay I was wearing a cargo short with my car keys and mini wifi router were in the lower short pocket, l

Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by business05(m): 11:28pm On Jan 04, 2015
EconElectronics:
The Electronic Ignition Switch (EIS) is faulty.

what do i do sir, how do i fix EIS? 07059574994
Re: Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning by business05(m): 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2015
Please help. What can I do about it. Some people said I should change only the key. Some experts said it not possible to change only the Key that I must Change it with the brain box

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Get A Clean Golf 3? / Honda H Logo / Audi Create Fuel Using Water And Air To Run A Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.